It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Bigfoot encounter..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 19-6-2014 by VoxVirtus because: delete

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Comparing Bigfoot to the Billi Ape is a not fair.
One is a hominid living in a sparsely populated, near continental sized piece of undisturbed forest.
The other is a hominid (allegedly) living in national park sized areas of the Gun capital of the developed world.

I soooo want Bigfoot to be real ( I read every Bigfoot post on ATS) but in the OPs example, if that was a semi competent dude with any gun/ammo combo above a .30-06 Springfield with 180 grain; we would have a dead bigfoot.

Either they are masters of evasion (therefore all sightings are made up) or they can tell who has weapons ...they cant be both and the ability to telepathically sense the OP wasnt a crack shot over 20 yards with a concealed .500 Smith and Wesson is, in the bigfoot evoloutionary survival context, beyond comprehension
edit on 19-6-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Well, I'm very sympathetic to the skeptical view of this creature's existence... it doesn't make a lot of sense in the big picture for various good reasons... but if you really delve into the research and better evidence, it's difficult to maintain that skepticism.

But nothing really trumps personal experience.

For instance... I thought ghosts/spirits were complete superstitious nonsense (but a rollicking good story) until I lived in a "haunted house." I thought UFOs were all misidentified mundane aircraft or odd meteorological events... until I saw a structured craft that had no business existing in the world as I framed it... now it seems there well might be a huge, hairy man-creature stomping around the woods... and I'll be flummoxed again by the strangeness of this planet we inhabit if/when it's proven to most people's satisfaction.

It's really hard to wrap your mind around something you've been conditioned to think is imaginary... but I've been mentally beaten into a broad agnosticism about consensus reality ...to the point where not much would surprise me. But it's good that folks need that personal verification or we would all be gullible fools... just don't be too quick to disbelieve something that you feel can't exist.
edit on 6/19/2014 by Baddogma because: left out the main point of effort.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Staroth

If only a quarter of them have been discovered how do you know there are a quarter that have been discovered?

It's an estimate, and because I READ a lot.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alter-Ego

Again, I respect everyone's views and opinions, with that being said.. I don't really care if you "Buy" it or not... I am not selling anything, simply reporting what I "saw". This sighting was not "speculative"... it was not an "opinion" of alleged migratory patterns or breeding populations... it was not a brief glimpse through thick underbrush.. it was right there.. fifteen feet in front of me. Real.

What he/she/it/they are I do not know.. all I do know is what I saw that morning. It wasn't a man and it wasn't a gorilla.

Thanx for the respectful reply. I kept my first comment respectful too, understanding that you may indeed have seen what you said -- although, for the reasons given, I have my doubts.

As for "buying it", that's an idiom of course. And you are also figuratively selling something -- contrary to your claim -- that you saw some 8-10' hairy humanoid critter by your cabin. I used said idiom intentionally; it signifies that I didn't believe the story, but I wasn't making any ad hominem attack against your veracity -- again, because you may well be telling the truth even though I find it hard to believe.

Assuming you really did see what you saw, I am curious why you didn't look for tracks or follow the trail the creature made. OR leave the area out of safety concerns. It sounds like you were a kid at the time, so perhaps you're parents didn't believe you; that is the only reason I could see why they wouldn't have had you all pack up and leave.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Oh, I dunno why the witness would look for tracks -- documentation/corroboration maybe???

I didn't in any way claim that these hypothetical creatures aren't intelligent. Being intelligent doesn't mean one hides all signs of one's existence however, especially bodily waste. Also, why have no dens ever been found? And if one dies in the wilderness alone, how are its remains assured to be hidden?

If these creatures are so remote that there is no way to ever find evidence of them, how come people supposedly see them every so often? Often times these sightings are just off of roads or near cabins; these may be relatively remote places, but they aren't that remote that people aren't there. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

I didn't say anything about seeing them on a regular basis; I meant actual documented sightings. Your meaning of documented is a lower standard than what I mean, which is incontrovertible evidence, not a hinky 30-sec. video or purely word of mouth. As for claimed sightings of families of these creatures, how many have there been? I think I may have heard of one such sighting -- very few relative to the total number of sightings.

There was also a hunter who commented in this thread, who also pointed out reasons that it is highly doubtful such creatures exist or have existed on earth. There's not one case of primitive people having captured or killed one, let alone have the bones or hide of one. Does that seem reasonable?

No, I don't think the world's governments have a massive Sasquatch search going, but with all the remote sensing that takes place on earth, these things would have shown up by now if they are some sort of natural primate/hominid, which would in all likelihood behave similarly in behavior to all other such creatures.

Frankly, if what the OP says he saw he did indeed see, it would be more likely that this was some extraterrestrial creature -- or, more likely, some human prankster with a furry costume.

Like with UFOs and space aliens, extraordinary claims require strong evidence to corroborate them.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Let's say you are walking in the woods, rifle in hand, and come across a giant, hair covered human looking thing. This creature is thirty feet away, close enough for you to get a good look, and is just standing there looking back at you before it turns and starts walking away. How many of you would raise the rifle and shoot this being?

I don't believe many people would raise their gun and fire. Reports put this creature at 4 to 5 foot shoulder to shoulder and upwards of 8 feet tall. Not many people are crazy enough to fire upon something this large especially not knowing what it is they are confronted with. Is it a large disfigured human? Is it a man in a gorilla suit? I believe a high percentage of folks are frozen with fear and doubt.

Most hunters know not to shoot at boars and bears unless they feel it can be killed before it turns on them. Why do people think a Bigfoot would be any different? In reality, I think most people would be afraid to fire at something that big. Besides, you just witnessed something you've been told doesn't exist, but there it was.

Who's to say you can easily kill it? It may take a very large caliber to bring one down. Even if you shot one, could you track it down? Would you want to? Maybe there are more in the direction it fled? Would you want to encounter more of them? Tell me you wouldn't wonder this, given the moment?
Flight mode would set in and you would get the hell out of the area. Ask all the people who have seen one. Typically they put as much distance between themselves and the creature as they can.

edit on 19-6-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice
a reply to: Alter-Ego

A common error when making things up on the internet is putting to much detail into the recollection. You would not be able to remember all of those small details if it had really happened.

Every human is different. Just because you have a horrible memory doesn't mean the rest of us do.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I counted about 6 people in this thread who claimed to have seen "Bigfoot" .

Could you imagin how many claims their would be if this thread went world wide?

Yet their is not hardcore evedince to "prove" the existence of the "bigfoot".

Its 2014 when was the last time we discovered a living creature over 6 feet tall?

Just saying.... We hear about all these "sightings" and yet all we get are stories and crappy videos on YouTube?

I mean if 6 people here have witnessed the "Bigfoot" than we should have discovered them by now right?

I think its time we give them poor folks on the "monster hunter shows a rest".

I would like to Add that work in Alaska seasonally with the local natives , never once have I heard a story about "big foot" . I have however heard plenty of storytelling about UFO'S...

Who knows .....

I don't buy the whole "Bigfoot" B.S

I see people on here saying "why would we make these stories up"

Why do people Hoax UFO videos & pics?

Only you really know the answer to that!

Peace

LSH

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Well, better make that seven people because I too have had an encounter. I wasn't a believer before that day, and I've been laughed at for telling my story. Not even my family believes me, can't say I blame them. Its an unreal experience and I don't have an explanation for why, what, or how they exist...but they do. Hell, my brother was with me at the time and he won't even talk about it, it doesn't agree with his worldview so he does his best to forget it (he is a scientist).

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you have any interest that a Bigfoot exists then watch this show. It's an hour and a half long and gives different views of what people may be seeing.

edit on 19-6-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I thought Bigfoot was proven to be a hoax?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

Assuming you really did see what you saw, I am curious why you didn't look for tracks or follow the trail the creature made. OR leave the area out of safety concerns. It sounds like you were a kid at the time, so perhaps you're parents didn't believe you; that is the only reason I could see why they wouldn't have had you all pack up and leave.

Do you honestly think that a kid is going to follow in the tracks of a gigantic Bigfoot,.. while being in a petrified state of shock after seeing one up close for the first time? Come on, really. That is not reasonable

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are some snakes in this is thread.

Has anyone ever read about Cain and Abel?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I saw about 3 mins of that on my lunchbreak. Its a # guide. Bigfoot is real that isnt even an argument. Dont be a sheeple. a reply to: TheLieWeLive

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Well, better make that seven people because I too have had an encounter. I wasn't a believer before that day, and I've been laughed at for telling my story. Not even my family believes me, can't say I blame them. Its an unreal experience and I don't have an explanation for why, what, or how they exist...but they do. Hell, my brother was with me at the time and he won't even talk about it, it doesn't agree with his worldview so he does his best to forget it (he is a scientist).

Please share your story?

I am curious ....

So 7 people thus far...here in this thread... I would imagine theirs hundreds of thousands of people world wide who have "seen big foot"

And yet the closest thing we have as proof is an old video and some supposed tracks.

I really want to believe ..but I just can't without some sort of proof.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Cool story bro. Nobody is trying to convince you this chap was simply telling us non retards a interesting story. Bigfoot is awesome.a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yes, any apex predator would eat those bones right up. Just like our dogs and cats do...oh wait, the majority feed their mammal pets stuff that comes out of a bag..a reply to: TheLieWeLive

edit on 19-6-2014 by Yahwehorthehighway because: missing word

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yahwehorthehighway
I saw about 3 mins of that on my lunchbreak. Its a # guide. Bigfoot is real that isnt even an argument. Dont be a sheeple. a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Maybe you need to watch three more minutes because, for the most part, the show is pro Bigfoot.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originaly posted by: Yahwehorthehighway
Cool story bro. Nobody is trying to convince you this chap was simply telling us non retards a interesting story. Bigfoot is awesome.a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Right.....

Sorry am I not allowed to question his story?

Do you have anything intelligent to add to this thread?

If not......... Feel free to LOG OUT !

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join