It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism, taken to its logical extreme, negates the existence of Jesus Christ.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Doesn't it make your brain hurt when you read stuff from people who are actually quite intelligent and then they fall off the deep end

It hurts more than my brain. I makes me sad and angry and it scares me too, because it makes me think 'if they can lose it to that degree, what's to stop ignorant little me?'

The one I shed most tears over is poor old Fred Hoyle. From Astronomer Royal to howling antievolutionist, and he didn't even have the excuse of being religious.

He wasn't even gaga, really.

edit on 19/6/14 by Astyanax because: there's really no excuse.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

On this topic you could apply the same rule as Tim Minchin applied to medicine - What do you call alternative medicine that is proven to work? - Answer: Medicine
What do you call alternative history that is supported with evidence and proven as correct - Answer: History.

Can I get an AMEN!!! Halleluiah and Hosanna to the highest

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
OP i like the way you challenge everything & anything
but there is purpose to all things.
have you never heard the adage,
those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it

..what happens to the man who builds his house on shifting sands?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The reason why we can not agree, is because those of you who have been debating me HAVE TRUST, in "historical sources", while I do not.

I have a question for you believers.
Do you believe in the "historical sources", that claim that the United States of America was attacked on September 11 by Islamic terrorists , or do you think that "historical sources", in this particular case are lying?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: john666

As for the coins, coins just like documents can be easily faked.

So as far as your concerned, anything that doesn't fit your insane theory is simply a fake?

I don't mean this as an insult, but having read this entire thread, I have come to the conclusion that you are not nearly as smart as you like to think you are, in fact I would go as far as to say that you are probably having a good laugh as you are trolling away with increasingly more bizarre posts just for the hell of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

So as far as your concerned, anything that doesn't fit your insane theory is simply a fake?

I don't mean this as an insult, but having read this entire thread, I have come to the conclusion that you are not nearly as smart as you like to think you are, in fact I would go as far as to say that you are probably having a good laugh as you are trolling away with increasingly more bizarre posts just for the hell of it.

If 9/11 can be faked, even though it happened DURING OUR LIFETIMES, then why couldn't have the coins been made in a much latter period of history, and then falsely assigned to the wrong(younger) time period?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: john666
Creationism is a scientific worldview

Sorry but I can't read past this point.. My BS meter exploded.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

The meter was obviously flawed at its manufacture

Sad, that.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If 9/11 can be faked, even though it happened DURING OUR LIFETIMES, then why couldn't have the coins been made in a much latter period of history, and then falsely assigned to the wrong(younger) time period?

Erm, well, those coins often have dates on them. Which kind of give the game away.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

The meter was obviously flawed at its manufacture

Sad, that.

Yes, well, those who think that creationism is scientific have some flawed thinking of their own to worry about.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Erm, well, those coins often have dates on them. Which kind of give the game away.

And the dates on the coins can not be faked because of what reason exactly?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

And the dates on the coins can not be faked because of what reason exactly?

Erm, well, amateurs tend to find them. Do you really think that there's some kind of mass conspiracy out there?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

/chuckles
like that last comment indicates, if the conspiracy were of that nature it would be known by too many people
a kind of self-defeating enterprise..

what we're dealing with is way more sophisticated & subtle..
"listen to your friend billy zane, he's trying to help you"
everything is built upon a foundation
where you're comin' from, hehe, you're asserting "there is no foundation"
...that just isn't so

i think you've certainly got one thing right- history is indeed written by the winners
*cough* those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it
what you might like to be asking yourself here, is what are they trying to hide?
as soon as you get your foundation down, you'll be fine..
hehe, good luck with that

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
AngryCymraeg, and UNIT76

Do you believe that on 9/11 America was attacked by Islamic terrorists, like it is being said in the "historical sources"?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg, and UNIT76

Do you believe that on 9/11 America was attacked by Islamic terrorists, like it is being said in the "historical sources"?

Aha. I see that you prefer to believe in utter idiocy. So - yes. I believe that a madman called Osama bin Laden attacked the USA on 9/11. I remember it happening. What do you believe?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The odds of creationists being right are . . . probably approaching infinity that we are correct and you aren't.

Belief, bias, willful blindness about evolution does NOT = sound logic or sound thinking.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The reason why we can not agree, is because those of you who have been debating me HAVE TRUST, in "historical sources", while I do not.

100% Correct...

"History is more or less bunk." ~ HENRY FORD

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

Jesus Christ never existed...

100% incorrect...

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion. ...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people."
LINK

“Contemporary New Testament scholars have typically viewed their [i.e. Jesus-mythers] arguments as so weak or bizarre that they relegate them to footnotes, or often ignore them completely....The theory of Jesus' nonexistence is now effectively dead as a scholarly question....Biblical scholars and classical historians now regard it as effectively refuted.” (Robert Van Voorst, Jesus Outside the New Testament, 6, 14, 16)

“There is simply nothing intrinsically improbable about a historical Jesus; the New Testament alone (or at least portions of it) are reliable enough to provide evidence of a historical Jesus. On this point, it is important to note that even G.A. Wells, who until recently was the champion of the christ-myth hypothesis, now accepts the historicity of Jesus on the basis of 'Q'.” (Jeffery Jay Lowder of Internet Infidels)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Odds approaching infinity? That's impressive, when you consider that odds of 1 (or 1/1 or 100%) are absolutely certainty.

How do you calculate those incredible (and nonsensical) odds?

Lets just assume "odds approaching 1" for sanity's sake.

I'm guessing divide or multiply by infinity. You can use that old trick to try and prove anything. When I was younger I used to use the same trick to suggest that mathematically, there *must* be a planet full of Elvis impersonators and nothing else, since, well, infinity.

Douglas Adams quite famously used division by infinity to declare the entire population of the universe must be zero.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Creationism, taken to its logical extreme, negates the existence of Jesus Christ.

Common sense rules them both out.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

NOT AT ALL.

A globalist POLITICAL conquest's success in buying the media in 1915-1917 and their take over of the educational institutions etc. etc. etc.

does NOT = truth.

Quite the contrary, actually.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join