It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sumerian King List Spans for Over 241,000 Years Before a Great Flood

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
All of this aside, I can't help but think that the most likely answer here is probably correct. They must have just changed the units of time measurement for chronological purposes, one or more times during (pre-?) history. It may be as simple as years to days, a much less obvious conversion, or a combination of multiple schemes.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Good thing they didn't have social security back then.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is what I love. Thank you very much for this.

I am looking forward to reading this when I get home.

S&F

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

If I'm not misstaken, I think the Chinese have a similar myth, with kings spanning many many thousands of years back. Will have to look it up again though...was a long time since I read it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

"There is a great deal of information that indicates that there never was any great flood" .....

They say a 10 km meteorite hitting our oceans would cause a 1-3 km tsunami that would reach the interior of continents so given the various sources of flood stories (Genesis, Greek, Maya, Native Americans, Aboriginal and Maori legends) its highly likely that humans have experienced at least one great flood in recent human history (look-up australian research in sediments left by tsunami's that occurred 4000-5000 years ago).

So its not hard to imagine that if the earth was hit with a 1 km tsunami today, survivors would tell their children of a great flood (a great cleansing) which wiped out all evil. And as the story gets passed on from one generation to the next, it gets enhanced with arks (Noah's Ark), and so forth.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

"There is a great deal of information that indicates that there never was any great flood" .....

They say a 10 km meteorite hitting our oceans would cause a 1-3 km tsunami that would reach the interior of continents so given the various sources of flood stories (Genesis, Greek, Maya, Native Americans, Aboriginal and Maori legends) its highly likely that humans have experienced at least one great flood in recent human history (look-up australian research in sediments left by tsunami's that occurred 4000-5000 years ago).

Not necessary. Floods happen all the time and, especially in the past, are quite devastating.

There is no geological evidence for the type of mega tsunami you cite.

There have been a few, but even mega tsunamis don't have a worldwide impact.

The Genesis flood and the Greek flood stories have a common root - the river flood story of Sumer.

Native Americans witnessed several glacial outburst floods, such as the Missoula Floods, the Lake Agassiz floods, and the Lake Souris floods.

So its not hard to imagine that if the earth was hit with a 1 km tsunami today, survivors would tell their children of a great flood (a great cleansing) which wiped out all evil. And as the story gets passed on from one generation to the next, it gets enhanced with arks (Noah's Ark), and so forth.

It's not hard to imagine, but imagination is all it is.
A world wide tsunami would leave geological evidence. I know you know this because you pointed out evidence from Australia.

We find no such evidence for any worldwide flooding.

The post I responded to makes the assumption that the biblical flood is factual. If you read back through that poster's previous posts, it is quite clear.

The fact is, there was never any global flood, hence it makes no sense whatsoever to use the term "pre flood" when describing the world, or "antediluvian," as a slightly more erudite way of saying the same thing.

Harte
edit on 6/17/2014 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: soul44

If you are riding your bike down a gravel road and you APPROACH a curve in the road ,then you are ON the curve at which point your back tire runs over a small stone which is then ejected outfrom under the tire and then it hits another larger rock on the road and ROCKETS AHEAD OF ME ON MY BIKE and lands in FRONT OF ME,then I the PASS the curve in the road and up ahead of me is THE SAME SMALL STONE AGAIN,and I am again approaching it..........Did the small stone time travel?

It was in my future,it came into my present,it became a part of my past,but suddenly it came from my past and again became a part of my future before I could even get there,did it time travel?

That is an interesting thought !

Good use of analogy to try and explain the concept.

I still don't understand it all well enough though so i will keep any further comments to myself for now.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

a reply to: soul44

More likely its a astrological age for deities which then spanned 36000 years, now 25,920 years. So kings may be more so king of man, rather than human kings.

Kings of man...good point.

According to mainstream archeology i believe the Americas were separated from Europe and the Middle east in terms of travel between cultures and yet on both sides there is a concept of a king and monarchy.

Was it because it was such the most logical way to build a hierarchy of power in civilization once hunter gatherer tribes dissipated ? just the same as the pyramids were the most logical way to build tall stable structures in both worlds?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bluestorm11

I think there are a lot of factors at play when you comes to the human life span. We know that just in the last hundred years human life expectancy has increased.

If they had very different DNA i doubt they would have survived naturally in our biosphere for long. I mean the stories of gods or aliens mating with women is what i find really intriguing. Women might have not been so stand-offish back then then right ? lol I mean Zeus turned into a swan and mates with Leda ? cmon right that is not possible. From a social perceptive i don't care how open minded anyone back then would have been no woman would have been seduced by a swan ? Then again i see women get seduced by monkeys all the time so yeah ...

Yes i definitely think technology had something to do with it. I imagine a advanced race of beings not even using metals on the scale we use, simply due to the waste it creates. I imagine them to have mastered biotechnology. A race who have invented their own cells with total mastery of their physiology. For all we know we might just be a by product from a waste disposal container that flew few eons and eventually collided on Earth.

edit on 17-6-2014 by soul44 because: Spelling error

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

There's a thick layer of clay all over the mesopotamia region showing there was a really one significant flood caused by the rivers, and therefore by rain and not a tsunami. Matches the sumer/bible story of the incessant rain that caused a huge flood.
www.nytimes.com...

The theory is a meteor impact could have chucked up a massive amount of seawater causing massive rainfall as well as a tsunami. I'm not sure how big the tsunami would be though, as the amount of liquid displaced wouldn't be as big as in an earth movement, as in the boxing day tsunami. However heat from the impact could have sent of enormous amounts of water as steam. Dates to about 4,000 bp.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I hope everybody is not just browsing over the posts of the skeptical. Please listen to the ones who have been researching with an open mind.

The Sumerian King List still puzzles historians after more than a century of research

The Sumerian King List begins with the very origin of kingship, which is seen as a divine institution: “the kingship had descended from heaven”.
www.ancient-origins.net...

In those times saying that the kings 'descended' from heaven means to come down from the sky. We only have to put the other pieces together, and it is easy to see that history is perfect and correct - if you believe in ancient aliens (not the show).

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

this story is fake about adam and eva. It is just a reminder of a promise.

ADAM = EAST WEST NORTH and SOUTH we have references for it, from the ancient sybilla the original one (not the fake ones, that have been added 2000y ago) the babylonian and the jewish one.

And can you tell me how you calculating years? In very ancient years, I think each year lasts 1 month.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
a reply to: dashen

this story is fake about adam and eva. It is just a reminder of a promise.

ADAM = EAST WEST NORTH and SOUTH we have references for it, from the ancient sybilla the original one (not the fake ones, that have been added 2000y ago) the babylonian and the jewish one.

And can you tell me how you calculating years? In very ancient years, I think each year lasts 1 month.

and your made up of BS is more reliable why?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
u speak about adam and eva? If sebillas made it up its not my fault. But it is also true that the story is not widely accepted by church, its not a christian script at all. It was an arab script as far as I know.

and be more specific. And you can investigate, officially, adam and eva story is not a Christianity text.

Adam represents the 4 corners of the earth and eva the moon. Only those who believe in judaism believe also in adam and eva as a creation story.

And lets make it a bit more fascinating. Islam and chinese myths and stories, widely accept that their god lives on the moon. Judaism is not that clear... But its the same "god". Islam is a copy from Judaism. Now guess what, if adam is the 4 corners of planet earth and eva is the moon. Guess who is the corruptor. (the snake and the apple) That is also why, all the islam and eastern countries mostly have moon symbols into their flags.

edit on 19-6-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Of course there is not the slightest sign anywhere of a Sumerian civilization existing that long.........and some excellent dates on when it emerged from the Ubaidian period.

The King list are most probably made up, as several posters have noted.

Oh and as Harte has noted, no Biblical deluge so using the term antediluvian is archaic and purely faith based and unsupported scientifically.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
Of course there is not the slightest sign anywhere of a Sumerian civilization existing that long.........and some excellent dates on when it emerged from the Ubaidian period.

Oh and as Harte has noted, no Biblical deluge so using the term antediluvian is archaic and purely faith based and unsupported scientifically.

Hans,

About time you chimed in pal.

Harte

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hey man I had a few minutes free. Good thing about ATS is that when you come back the same set of subjects when you left are being discussed......again.....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is something very interesting, but they truly hate this historian. There is one that studied Sumerians, but his writing and his work was postponed by philosophers, because Evimeros characterized as an atheist.

His work is all about Sumerians and where they come from... (nobody speaks about it).

Here is some reference, so you can study it further.

Evimeros wikipedia

Its funny what the translation does... Evimeros in english means prosperity lol hahaha... So instead of prosperity, keep in mind, his name is Evimeros

They hated him because his was atheist, he claimed that all known gods where humans once and they made them gods after. Philosophers usually analysing the phenomena of the soul, the ultra dimensions and the true meaning of GOD or GODS (they are 2 different things). Evimeros was more like materialist, like the today scientists, they want proofs for anything.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Oh and as Harte has noted, no Biblical deluge so using the term antediluvian is archaic and purely faith based and unsupported scientifically

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------

Really ,no Biblical Deluge?

I am assuming you mean that the Deluge had nothing to do with the Bible other than the Bible is the true history of the Deluge itself and nothing more,never was.

The Deluge itself needs no validation from you or I or science or Archeology or any other man-made agreed upon belief system,in all of these endevours or Belief Systems we AGREE TO THE FACTS,they are not tangible facts.Agreed upon...and Tangible.... are very different things.

Geology or the Earth AS WE SEE IT is tangible and concrete,it is the ONLY thing in our world that is tangible and concrete from which we may base our cumulative reality and from which we may set our Humanitarian compass .

Y'all have it backwards,you cannot begin to explain anything using BS or an agreed uopn reality,that is simply backwards.

You need to START from a solid base and then extrapolate Humanitys history,and because our written history is always subject to change and interpretation this means you cannot rely on any ONE written history you must in fact begin with a concrete Geological base which does NOT LIE and then begin adding layer upon layer of our written history in its many forms from its many sources,because THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER IN SEQUENCE.An UNDENIABLE IMMOVABLE SEQUENCE WHICH SCIENCE AND HISTORY AND CURRENT POWERS CONSISTANTLY TRY TO MASK FROM THE MASSES.

if you start anywhere BUT the geological reality,you are ALREADY misguided and are by proxy being lied to and suppressed.

Oh yes the "data" is out there if you can find it and make any sense of it because of the global misdirection and lies.if you use any conventional starting points other than Geology you will ALWAYS and up on the wrong path and manipulated and you will ALWAYS become a part of the problem instead of a part of the solution,you will be doing this with the best of intentions and your free-will impact and your Humanitarian vote will be hood-winked away from those original good intentions you wanted to express,and TPTB will turn your good intentionsinto bad ones WITH YOUR FULL SUPPORT but without your knowledge.

The only things which do not have a natural pattern or sequence are MANMADE things,and because we CANNOT create anything at all it is very very easy to see where Humanitys influences come into play.

Manmade patterns may "look" neat and complete but they do NOT fit into the Universal patterns which they must.

This means you CANNOT LIE,in case that isnt apparent already,it CANNOT BE DONE.

Try telling TPTB that ,ha ha ha ha.

edit on 21-6-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Try telling TPTB that ,ha ha ha ha.

No thanks. I prefer to be coherent in my communications.

Harte

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join