It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sumerian King List Spans for Over 241,000 Years Before a Great Flood

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I'm surprised no one mentioned ancient aliens here yet. If aliens did come to earth and lived here with people then maybe they could live that long. Remember all these ancient people said their kings were "gods".

Yup, and so were elephants, westerners and cats called "gods" according to the indigenous population. That their kings were considered gods wouldn't have to mean anything.
edit on 14-6-2014 by InSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Legends, just legends.

There's no corroborating evidence is there.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Bible are actual years...unless they were having children at 3 and 4 years old...

a reply to: Quauhtli

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
According to other researchers, the Sumerian King Lists have two main existing versions, the surviving tablets being known as Weld-Blundell (W-B) 62 and 144 respectively, and both are thought to have been originally compiled around the start of the second millennium BC. There is also a third version, a much later compilation by Berossus from the third century BC.

Interesting, it seems that it is hard to discover who knows where the actual tablets are and who the researchers are translating them. People are giving different interpretations and they are not referencing the tablets. I do not believe in Sitchin but other than his fantastic stories he also gave us quotes, and his seldom quotes claiming to be actual translations appeared to be interesting considering the seal artwork. Still he is one of the only people to have actually pointed out from a particular tablet, instead of referring to something online. Is it true as people claim that there is really no mention of the Annunaki on the real Sumerian tablets?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: np6888

It's an estimation based on the genealogies throughout the bible. There are several different opinions of how old humanity is, but it's our best estimate that it's around 5000 - 5900 years old. No, God doesn't say how old humanity is, but there's a reason that genealogies were included throughout the bible.

Ok, I dont know how you came up with those figures but we have a lot of evidence humanity is a lot older than that.

Example: Australian Aborigines. Anthropological evidence suggests they have inhabited the Australian continent from between 40,000 to 60,000 years. Much longer than you highest estimate.

But maybe you have information to your disposal that negates my example, if so could you please share your wisdom?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

I said "based on the genealogies throughout the bible". Why is that difficult to understand? If you add up all the "begats" (which has been done numerous time by different people) then you come within the age range that I mentioned. I don't have much faith in mans ability to properly age artifacts, considering most people still think the geologic column is an accurate representation of "age", but is entirely flawed when you consider how quickly those layers form with natural storms and catastrophic events (volcano eruptions, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc...).
edit on 14-6-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Yes I find it extremely hard to understand how anyone can interpret the bible literally. It actually pains me.

You trust a book translated thru 3 ot 4 languages (Aramaic or Hebrew, Greek, Latin then English) before you trust first hand accounts by scientists?. Do you not see that as flawed logic?.

Its actually quite insulting to those of eastern (older) cultures to make these claims. In this modern world such an attitude is not just ignorant it is also contemptuous.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I said "based on the genealogies throughout the bible". Why is that difficult to understand? If you add up all the "begats" (which has been done numerous time by different people) then you come within the age range that I mentioned. I don't have much faith in mans ability to properly age artifacts, considering most people still think the geologic column is an accurate representation of "age", but is entirely flawed when you consider how quickly those layers form with natural storms and catastrophic events (volcano eruptions, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc...).

That's where you are dead wrong. The adding up of the "Begats", as you put it, were done by one man only four hundred years ago, over 1600 years after the birth of Christ.

What you are referring to is Archbishop James Ussher of Ireland. He was not taken that seriously at the time, and even today, serious theologians don't agree with this 15th Century Irishman's interpretation.

It is a flawed analysis.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

I never said it was accurate did I? It's an estimation... Not to mention MANY people have done this, not just one man. In fact there are Jewish scholars who pride themselves on their accurate counting, so much so that it's actually included in their own calender. Clearly you need to do some more research on this topic.

Here's a link to their calender: www.hebcal.com...

According to them (the Jewish people), it has been 5774 days since man was created.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This awesome thread has been chosen as a discussion topic on ATS LIve Radio!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't believe the bible to be the verbatim word of God, but simply an account of history. It is my own understanding that leads me to believe humanity (not the whole of all creation) is nearing 6000 years. What's insulting, is that after all this time we still can't accurately date how long we've been on this earth. We're only able to come up with theories. You'd think with all the technological advancements, we'd be closer to finding out where we came from. Not only that, but you'd think as a species we'd be more inclined to work together for this goal, but no.... We would rather build countless archetypes of control to demoralize, debauch, and pervert ourselves.

If anything is certain, it's that we are an insult to our own existence, more focused on our pointless inventions, then the one we interact with every day. Humanity is so consumed with its own hubris, that it doesn't see the irony in all of its strivings for "peace" and "freedom". We, as a civilization, are blind, naked, and we don't even know it...

It's contemptuous to think we even have a right to life in the first place.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Great thread, really gets the brain fired up. All things considered, what may have caused life forms to be around for so long during ancient times? The atmosphere? Were there oceans back then? If not are these kingdoms found there? Were they giants as well?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why dont we all as humans together advance ourselves create better technology, create cures for diseases, maybe the reason why we may probably not as advance as we should be is because we are not doing it together if we humans all of us join together in a mission to advance ourselves in every aspect of life we could be much more better as humans being maybe even better than other alien lifeform.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Leonidas

I never said it was accurate did I? It's an estimation... Not to mention MANY people have done this, not just one man. In fact there are Jewish scholars who pride themselves on their accurate counting, so much so that it's actually included in their own calender. Clearly you need to do some more research on this topic.

Here's a link to their calender: www.hebcal.com...

According to them (the Jewish people), it has been 5774 days since man was created.

What year is it in the Hebrew calendar??? Hmmmm, even with that your low end estimates are not even in contention.

Also, I AM JEWISH and I dont believe it has been 5774 days since man was created and I am not alone in the Jewish community in that regard. Thank you yet AGAIN to insult me, my people, my religion and that #in book you folk usurped to further your own tyranny.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't see how I'm insulting you, when your own calendar points to such a calculation. You should be frustrated at your own people, not me. And wow... Really? I don't remember saying ANYthing negative about the Jewish people. Take your sensitive emotions somewhere else. I believe the Jewish people are the ones God chose to make a statement with. I quite like the Jewish people and consider myself a "spiritual Jew".

I like how you lump me in with all of your hate, when in actuality, I'm not the one who has done anything to you or your religion. Take a deep breath and relax, seriously... Maybe instead of saying Jewish I should say Judaism, but I feel they are nearly synonymous.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

originally posted by: UnderGetty

If we take the number 456,000 and interpret them as days instead of years, we get roughly 1,250 years. The biblical time period between the fall and the flood is 1,656 years. The 400 year difference isn't a big deal if you consider that the Sumerian kingship might be the line of Cain. His brother, Seth, lived a little over 900 years. If Cain lived approx that long too then he would have been in his prime around the time of the first recorded king.

So if my understanding is correct you wanna interpret the numbers to fit into the biblical account? I don't think we can follow that logic. Please, for once lets interpret the 6000 years figure to fit into the king's list account. How about that?

This Kings list is pre-flood, by its own description, no bible needed.
So it only encompasses the years before the deluge.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: greyer
Is it true as people claim that there is really no mention of the Annunaki on the real Sumerian tablets?

It's not a claim, it's a fact.

The word "Anunnaki" is not a Sumerian word, but Akkadian/Babylonian. Both cultures wrote using the Sumerian script, so the statement that "Sumerian tablets contain the word 'Anunnaki'" is technically incorrect, though tablets in Sumerian do use the term.

The Sumerian word is Anunna.

The kings list, as was already pointed out, was translated by Samuel Kramer. The list has not been hidden from anyone.

I've seen the argument about base 60 vs. base 10 several times over the years, but it's not necessary. On page one of this thread is as good an explanation as any - aggrandizement.

It was noted earlier that it seemed strange that the list would go from extremely long lifespans to normal ones. This could be because the more recent kings were within the memory of some people, so making a crazy claim about them wouldn't fly.

Harte

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

...and consider myself a "spiritual Jew".

THIS ^^^ is yet another example of insulting me and my people!. You are not one of us, not spiritually, not emotionally, not anythingally. You are not an ally of the Jewish people.

Learn some history extrinsic from your bible. It will help you, insulting a culture older than your own will not.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To properly understand the Sumerian History one needs to be able to pin it down in terms of Humanitys overall History as a Species on Earth.This is where the fun begins.

The Flood referred to in the Sumerian history is NOT a one time occurance on the planet ,it is just one of many Earth Cycles which Humanity has managed to survive through,this evolution of humanity on Earth which is so precarious leaves behind it a chronological history that must be visualised like a SLINKY because it is structured as complete circles or Earth Cycles 3600 years long "stacked" on on top of the other,each circle connected to the one above and the one below by the continuity of the survival of the Human Species.

Conventional wisdom tries to visualise Humanitys history in the format of one long straight linear line,but this is not how it is in reality.

Oil is people an entire Cycle of Humanity AND everything on the surface of the planet mixed together and deposited in specific areas and layers according to mass or weight.

You may find lots of posts here about the 3600 year long Cycle the Earth goes through which culminates in a Global Displacement of the Earths oceans over all the landmasses,and the One True Hisory of Humanity hidden within ALL religons doctrines,it is the dislodging and movement of the continents which drives the landmasses under the water,the water comes over and washes out again back into the basins it came from,the water contained within the earth in massive resevoirs is brought to the surface during this process and the volume on the surface doubles , there are volcanic eruptions of massive size and scope all over the planet.

As the Great Wave comes in and goes out,it SCOURS the surface of the Earth, nothing remains that isnt massive and made of stone.

As the water receeds it drops everything it has been carrying in specific areas and patterns all governed by the mass of the objects.

If you dig deep you will find that there are ways to define what specific types of oil found in different areas are made of,some are more plant and some are more animal and human.

This Cycle is 3694 years old already.

Humanitys current history is really a patchwork of pieces of many many remnants of different individual Humanitarian Histories catalysing from different Earth Cycles.

Each new Cycle of Humanity or the remnants of the old Humanity begin a new journey of evolution and DISCOVERY, the planet is completely restructured and there are pockets of technology randomly scattered to be found and figured out,each Cycle figures these things out at a different speed and via a different route than the others,but Humanitys guiding principals always rise to the top and keep these cycles similar in structure,the only real defining factor is how well we all work together between Cycles to preserve Humanity as a whole,we have 3600 years to figure out as much as we can from those before us and each time we get wiped we preserve a bit more advanced knowledge,so in essence we do not get to have a continuation of any Cycles complete knowledge and structures,but we do get to access their data after the fact and try to figure it out,so really each cycle if we treat it with respect should be a Global Scavenger Hunt for the Technologies left behind for us by MANY Cycles of Humanity who came before us.

In a well managed Cycle Humanity would not have developed Secret Societys which spawned religons which Spawned Governments which worked together to SUPPRESS this One True History of Humanity from the masses.We would have worked together seamlessly for the last 3594 years and would likely re-discovered and mass produced enough technology to have built shelters here and Habitations all over the Solar System trying to preserve as many Billions of us as we could manage.

The Sumerian History is important but is is not all encompassing and really in any tangible way it carries no more weight than any other Cycles History,for this is what it is a part of this current Cycles early history,it is one of the earliest renditions of immediate post Wave Humanitys stage of development and evolution.

The Sumerian History is ONLY a part of this CURRENT EARTH CYCLE. It is not reflective of anything greater except for the data which they passed forward from earlier Cycles and these things are illustrated as tales by them,because that is how we transport data through these devestating Earth Cycles,in tidbits and pieces and in stories or histories.

We will soon be writing the equivilant of the Sumerian History ourselves,and we will be trying to accurately reflect the world we all now live in frm a post-event perspective using methods and resources available to us,this means we use basic raw materials to execute high technology impacts.This is how we bring forth our greatest knowledge.

It is no coincidence that a Native Indian Sweat Lodge brings the body temp high enough to kill internal causes of illness while the inside environment provides enough water via steam to allow human survival at those high temps.Someone used a HIGH technology idea and realised its impacts using basic materials and in doing so presereved the concept and total knowledge.

Just imagine yourself in a post-apocolypse environment trying to preserve everything you could from the vast Humanitarian knowledge base we have today,you would need to find ways to get complicated technologcal concepts to work using basic raw materials instead of manfactured ones and the benefits that come with that tailored manufacture.

If you want to understand where the Sumerians are coming from you now know,they are the beginning of a Post Wave Cycle of Humanity,Noahs peers were the very beginning,they are US,and their timeline is within the 3600 year Earth Cycles parameters tangibly,the knowledge and tales they bring forward come from the Cycles before them AND their current perspective,but they are us in terms of this current Earth Cycle.

Each Earth Cycle of Humanity will have its individual Global Flood Historys THEY MUST, this is due to our Cyclical Humanitarian Histories which we carry forward.

All the storys no matter which Cycle they are from be it this one or one twenty thousand years ago will carry the SAME STORY,this is why when conventional historians try to make sense of Humanitys entire History they cannot do it in a natural sensible way which fits the geological facts.

Remember the structure of our long term Species history looks lke a Slinky,that is how Humanitys MANY Cycles on Earth are cumulatively represented.The Sumerian History is but a part of one circle on that long stacked Slinky.

If anyone can put up a visual of a stacked slinky being stretched that would help tremendously.

The only thing holding those individual circles comprising Humanitys Slinky together are the bits and pieces of technology and knowledge each Cycle salvages and figures out during their tenure.

That is how precarious Humanitys continuity is,and this is why at the end of the day it is the PEOPLE who survive that are the single most important thing,the IDEAS in the minds of the survivors which they can preserves using basic techniques and raw non-manufactured materials.

This is why we must always review and analyse with a 100% serious investigation ALL historical cultures and storys.

Every single History contians valuabe and TANGIBLE technological data represented using basic techniques and using raw minimally manufactured materials,the IMPACTS we produce using highly manufactured and what we think are highly technological means and methods can ALL be reproduced using inventive and resourcefull means and methods from a much more primitive beginning,IF you have and understand the KNOWLEDGE AND CONCEPTS.

The Sumerian History is oe of my favorites,especially when you can keep it in its proper context on Humanitys current Earth Cycle Timeline,understanding where they started from is important to the process.

edit on 14-6-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join