It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sumerian King List Spans for Over 241,000 Years Before a Great Flood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ever hear of the tree of life?
A common theme in some religions is the existence of a plant that can be eaten to indefinitely prolong life.
So if you believe the accounts of such a plant, then it is not far-fetched at all to assume some of these pre-flood kings could have lived and ruled for tens of thousands of years.
The Urantia Book (click for link) talks about this plant and the people who used it. As far as I recall, according to this book, a group of beings were sent here in human form in order to help guide the development of humanity. They and their offspring at times ruled as kings or other such rulers, and this "tree of life" was sent here with them so they could survive indefinitely until they were no longer needed.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: soul44What if ? i mean just what if ? there was a chance while orbiting around the galaxy during certain phases the human lifespan increases dramatically due to some external influence.

I agree. But this is also highly possible according to many other reseachers. Maybe the so called Golden Age was the age where this is more possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I was thinking something similar. For that matter, maybe the culture of that time treated any new individual successor within a given dynasty as transforming/merging into that single "timeless" King figure. Kind of like releasing the individual self in service of the people.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yofisofi

I was thinking something similar. For that matter, maybe the culture of that time treated any new individual successor within a given dynasty as transforming/merging into that single "timeless" King figure. Kind of like releasing the individual self in service of the people.

Would make more sense than a single person living for 20,000 years.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Is it possible they messed up translating the time scale, and those are really the number of days they ruled?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Or it can even be how long the family name ruled.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Amagnon

Yes I believe in the canopy theory of earth...earth absolute atmospheric pressure was much higher in the past,specifically before the flood...

University of Pennsylvania, I believe, did a study on the body's affect inside hyperbaric chamber.. with higher ATA, the body's response was an increase of stem cells,8 fold....the lungs took in a higher concentration of oxygen. Oxygen was able to reach deeper in muscle tissue, repair process was much faster...

This higher oxygen concentration, rapid stem cell production could account for longer lives, larger plants,dinosaurs able to survive, even God's being able to survive preflood....

I have a softchamber at home, it works wonders...the only downfall, is that my body requires much much more food...and that is only result of 1 hour of 24 hour period...could not imagine if I was inside 24 hours and at a higher oxygen pressure and concentration.

This needs to be understood for this discussion..
edit on 13-6-2014 by nitetrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I'm surprised no one mentioned ancient aliens here yet. If aliens did come to earth and lived here with people then maybe they could live that long. Remember all these ancient people said their kings were "gods".

28000 years of clones, talk about consistency

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

Is it possible they messed up translating the time scale, and those are really the number of days they ruled?

I'm going with days too just on the fact we have nothing but the list that is 4000 years old at best.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

originally posted by: sosobad

Or it can even be how long the family name ruled.

Or it could be character bios for the Sumerian version of Game of Thrones, we could be looking at this as some revelation when it could be a work of fiction. The only thing I know for sure is we really don't have a clue and anyone that thinks they are right without any doubt in their mind is full of poop.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why is this information hidden from public? Just like the 'gods' may be from some other world. SO many clues about human's origin being much earlier than thought... I can't post a thread but here is a video I watched recently (I will create a thread when I can post), - this video

And according to it HUMAN-like FOOTPRINT (carbon dating estimated) seen near Dinosaur footprint, i.e dinosaurs and some early human/apes living together - both prints of similar age - 200,000 years of age (only mentioned in the video, not displayed or talked in details).

The video is from long time ago where David Childress is so young and has certainly not been into the ancient astro theory that much and Linda Moulton Howe still having done her cattle mutilation research. Either way, they, as well as I - based on my own conclusions, turns out there may have been some intervention to the evolution.

SO how I am not surprised about this discovery - and I am non religious but I always thought some parts of the Bible might be true - exactly some early races to have passed the info of natural cataclysms (Flood) and such over the time!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If people wonder whether humans can populate so fast in such a short amount of time, the answer is yes. Noah had 3 sons(probably daughters too but just not listed), who each had 5 sons. Calculate 5 to the 10th power(200 years) and you can see they can get up there real quick.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soul44

Hahaha similar to how superman got so strong living on Earth?

Is it also possible that The beings in more ancient times had very different DNA structures to ours and were not what we consider to be human? They could have been another species entirely that developed in different environments tothat of Earth and over the time of interbreeding and being exposed to the harsh elements of Earth their lifespans grew shorter? They may have also had some advanced knowledge or technology that allowed them to live to such years, especially if they had the capabilities of colonizing distant planets and solar systems.

From my research there is a vast amount of research that points towards the validity of such texts, with more surfacing every day that passes.

I think with each passing day our species comes closer to knowing the truth, and along with that it brings us closer to a new age in which knowledge and wisdom will flourish.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LightYearsAhead

It is hard t say why it is hidden from the public but I make sense of it from a non physical perception in which our reality is a testing / training ground for which we must grow and progress past many adverse situations.

I feel that we can only grow through struggle and the struggle for truth is one that will bring us closer to true knowing and enlightenment.

I feel in the bigger picture this is all just a cosmic game or dance or even a battle.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

It's an estimation based on the genealogies throughout the bible. There are several different opinions of how old humanity is, but it's our best estimate that it's around 5000 - 5900 years old. No, God doesn't say how old humanity is, but there's a reason that genealogies were included throughout the bible.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Until this is carbon dated it doesn't mean anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: soul44
This is definitely not the first time such enormous life spans of kings have been recorded. The ancient Hindu Vedic text describes that during different ages or "yugas" human life could have exceeded over 100000 years. Lets try and put an astronomical spin on this shall we. The sun takes around 250 million years to revolve around the galaxy once. Now during this time the earth moving along with the sun may pass through different interstellar mediums such as gas, dust, and be exposed different types of radiation from in space. What if ? i mean just what if ? there was a chance while orbiting around the galaxy during certain phases the human lifespan increases dramatically due to some external influence.

Although I have considered the same, it isn't necessary at all. relativity allows for this. As space stretches time moves faster, as it compresses, it moves slower.

So in earlier times when the space that earth occupied was much more compressed, time would have moved much slower, hence longer life spans, etc...

Jaden
edit on 13-6-2014 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Amagnon

Jupiter once a red dwarf star?

The smallest known red dwarf star is 80x the mass of Jupiter and if Jupiter once was a red dwarf, but changed, then it would likely be a white or black dwarf by now.

Enjoyed your story tho. You should write a sci-fi off that for real.

However, the fact is the Annunaki indeed created man. Annunaki, Devas, Asuras, Olympians, Titans, whatever you want to call the gods and their factions. Any extraterrestrial species that could have arrived here thousands of years ago may as well be synonymous with divinity.

Tales of hybrids are true. Not just the hybrid ruling class with elongated skulls, but giants (Nephilim, Daitya etc.) too. There's fossil evidence of some people reaching over 12+ feet tall in the Neolithic era during the great flood period. Giants by all means. en.wikipedia.org...
And, in the Mahabharata, Brahma created/summoned Asi (this description sounds just like a fearsome alien to me).

"He was colored like a deep-blue lotus. His teeth were sharp and terrible, stomach lean and skinny and stature very tall and slim. He was of exceeding energy and power. Simultaneously, the earth started shaking, there were turmoils in the oceans, the forceful winds started howling all around, the trees started falling and being torn apart, and the meteors started blazing through the skies!
Brahma declared:
The 'being' I have conceived is Asi. It shall effect the destruction of the enemies of the gods "

Asi then took upon the role as a weapon wielded and guided by Rudra. Like a hired exterminator. Their mission was genocide against all the Daityas (giants). The massacre was reportedly so bad that the world ran red with their blood while humans hid and fled. We feeble humans could not compete with such monstrous hybrids and the gods didn't wish to take them with them due to their corruption and being abominations, so they were slain. After the deed was done, Rudra then shed his terrifying form and assumed the gentle form, Shiva.

Anyone is welcome to take a seat on my lap if they wish to learn the secrets of the universe.
edit on 6/14/2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
THE SOLUTION TO THIS MYSTERY HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED TWICE IN THE THREAD. WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING IT?

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
You guys forget, the Sumerians used a base 60 number system and not the base 10 like we use today. Our clocks still run on base 60. So for accurate times, you need to convert those lengths of time into base 60, or maybe they are in base 60 and need to be converted to base 10.

You are correct, of course. What really happened is that the two systems — decimal and hexagesimal — were used alternately by different cultures in the area at different periods.

So a scribe from a base 60 culture writes that 'King Blotso reigned for 18 years'.

Along comes a scribe from a base 10 culture, who translates that to 'King Blotso reigned for 68 years', because that's what the characters mean to him.

Next comes another base 60 scribe, a few generations later, who translates '68 years' as '368 years'... and so it goes.

By the time a few hundred years have passed, King Blotso has reigned for twenty thousand years.

edit on 14/6/14 by Astyanax because: it had boldly gone before.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I search for this sort of evidence all the time, thanks for posting it. That said, I cant get out of my own way sometimes. How do you reconcile this evidence with the overwhelming evidence of Human development pegged around 70,000 +?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join