It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Houston

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hey all!

Just wanted to introduce myself here in the newbie posts. I'm down here in the city of Houston and wishing I was anywhere besides Houston, "except California". Please do not misunderstand, I love Texas, raised in Dallas, but cannot stand living in Houston. Anyhow, I've been checking in on this site for a week or so and finally decided it was time to "enlist" and participate in the many great topics I've read about. I'm a father of twin toddlers, a husband, a musician, veteran, and avid paranormal enthusiast. I've had some experiences growing up and still do from time to time which has led me to seek others with similar experiences and/or those with whom I may seek some advice. I have so many questions and different experiences yet sadly no outlet to discuss them, "my wife gets a bit uneasy about "scary" topics so out of respect for her I keep pretty much everything that happens/happened to myself. I'm kind of the independent type and have a music project (Electronica/Industrial) that I do alone. Well, I guess that's partly due to having no friends outside of my family, lol. (They all live near Dallas or elsewhere) ;( Bummer!!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DreadVirus

Well Hello from Newport Beach, CA.

and you have twins! My buddy just had twin girls a few weeks ago. What a blessing! anyways, hope to see you around here!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Glad you decided to join in the madness!

There should me a mod along shortly to give you some tips and other information.

I cant wait until you get 20 posts so that you can make a thread about some of the things that have happened to you!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Welcome to the Asylum. Here's your complimentary welcome cookies.

Tin foil hats on your shelf to the left, straight jackets are optional.

Enjoy the ride...

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Hello DreadVirus!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Above All, Have Fun!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Welcome to the ATS family

There are many members here from the great state of Texas
Although I don't blame you for not liking Houston....to darn big!!

Congrats on your twins, bet you have your hands full with them. LOL

Anyhow, here is a door gift that you can give your wife to wear if she ever ventures into the forums with you

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Hope to see ya around the board

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thanks!, love cookies but I brought my own jacket ...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So what do all these little icons under my picture here mean???..is: Lil trophy, flag, lightning bolts lol, etc?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Well the first thought bubble icon shows how many posts you have total.

The next down is how many total stars you've ever gotten, across all posts combined. The next across on top is how many positive flags your threads have gotten.

The trophy represents a system no longer in active use for listings, but is still updated there. It was our "Way Above Top Secret" or WATS list with that number coming from a combined weighing of some figures from threads posted and other activity to form a score.

Last is a quirky little figure even I'm unsure of and it kinda describes itself that way too, eh? "Their Oddly Calculated Karma Score". If someone knows more about that one, I'm all ears! (no pun intended.. heh)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Slide your cursor over them. Rest on them, they tell you what they mean.

ETA: Pesky rabbit beat me to it...

Des

edit on 12-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

BTW, if you need further help navigating, click onto the link at the bottom in my sig...
-->>>Help with ATS 5.3

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Awesome! Thanks for the replies. I was unable to hover over the icons and display the info. (Using my Nexus 7 Tablet). So anyone else from around Houston? Well now,,,,Giddy'up!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I was born in Houston. Then I found Austin, and decided to forgive Texas for having Houston.

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I was born in Houston. Then I found Austin, and decided to forgive Texas for having Houston.

Des

Ha! Love that one!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm just about 50 miles south of you in Angleton. I worked in Houston for several years. For the most part, I don't miss the place. The museums are cool.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Hello DreadVirus and welcome! Houston can be overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time, as it is a massive sprawling city that most residents have not fully explored. There is a ton of stuff to do with the kiddos. I rather enjoy downtown and Galveston. Enjoy ATS, but more so, venture out and experience the sciences, arts, and cultures. See you around.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hi neighbor.
I'm just a little west of Houston and avoid it like the plague.
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Hello Houston from the other side of the pond on the South Coast of England.

Look forward to reading your posts, enjoy the fun.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hello DreadVirus. I am in Houston as well, and I would also rather be anywhere other than here. The hotels are all bedbug infested whore houses and the traffic is the worst I've ever seen. Thank God I'm almost done here!

Anyways, welcome aboard and see ya around.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I graduated High School in Angleton, still have family there! I lived in Houston for a few years and now am in Austin.

Love Texas!

Houston is crowded and there's plenty of crime, but the museums and restaurants are amazing! Also, the local music scene is easy to break in to. I'm not active in music now, but when I was, I loved Houston. Austin is a bit flooded with talent, which is good unless you are an unknown musician.

Welcome to ATS, Op!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join