It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups allege abuse of child immigrants at border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project and three other organizations say they documented 116 cases in interviews with children who were in Customs and Border Protection custody. The interviews occurred from around March to May.

The groups filed an administrative complaint Wednesday with the Department of Homeland Security that says more than 80 percent received inadequate food and water, about half were denied medical care, and about one of every four was physically abused.

The complaint comes amid a surge of unaccompanied children from Central America crossing in South Texas. Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Groups allege abuse of child immigrants at border

With all due respect to the Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project... but
Are you guys out of your fricken minds?

Give me a break--- were not talking about a couple dozen unattended kids
In previous years, 6,000 to 8,000 children a year crossed the border without an adult or guardian. But the numbers jumped in 2011 to about 13,525, then to 25,000 in 2012 and about 47,000 in 2013. This year they were expected to number 60,000 but may be as much as 90,000. right now they have 40,000 kids that just showed up out of nowhere and suddenly you expect us to instantly provide for them????

There was another news story Too Many Too Fast

in that story they talk about how it's tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors showing up and there are so many of them they just can't get to them all--- not in the required 72 hours.

Yeah I feel bad for these kids... poverty and crime totally suck!
but why is this our problem???
Because there here, right now, and now we got to figure out what to do with them?

Remember---we're talking about the feds--- the same people it took 5 days to get water to the super dome refugees.

think of it as me dropping a 100 kids off at your place without warning or notice and simply saying.
"You figure out what to do with all of them?"

this is one huge bloody mess and rather than bitch about a few kids who missed a meal maybe they should be looking for ways to help

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

"...right now they have 40,000 kids that just showed up out of nowhere and suddenly you expect us to instantly provide for them????

Exactly! This has gotten so way out of hand it is insane, yet our Government and those of the illegals are promoting this.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ya know it just out right snips me off that people cry about the middle east, and those 'illegal' invasions'.

When they don't give a rats behind that we have been invaded to the tunes of millions per year for decades.

And because of politics nothing will ever be done about it.
edit on 11-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It was child abuse for their parents to even set them off on that journey.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Why doesn't the esperanza immigrants rights project actually take them home and help them, rather than just interview them, and probably lie about the results for their political agenda.

This really pisses me off.....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
Remember---we're talking about the feds--- the same people it took 5 days to get water to the super dome refugees.

I wonder if because of this some celebutard will come out and proclaim that Dear Leader hates Latinos.

Rhetorical, probably not....

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

How about The Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project pony up some cash and facilities to prevent this "abuse", since ya know, they are all about "Immigrant's rights". Or, they can STFU and acknowledge that these people are here illegally. I understand it is not the kids' fault, but a 9 year old doesn't just decide to make an illegal pilgrimage to another country. There are lots of adults behind them who need to take back custody of these kids.

If these people spent half the effort fixing their own country as they do sneaking into ours, they'd make some progress.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Yeah, but you do not get as much free stuff where they came from.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's what happens when Amnesty is in the air and especially when it's being set up in a way so kids stay free, so to speak, and awww....we can't have families separated, right? (sigh) So, after the kids get amnesty, it's "only right" to bring their whole herd up too.

That's the thinking here. Throw the kid across and the rest will be welcomed in due time for the legal changes in progress.

It happened in 1986 and it's happening again. Cause and effect..and predictable is an understatement. Fundamental Transformation of America? Indeed... it sure is.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What I been reading is that the exodus of children from south of the border has been an incentive coming from the Obama administration amid the immigration reform and new laws that if passed will come with it.

This means that the children once they reach what in the US is call "legal age" they will be given citizenship, but for the time being they will not be returned to their countries of origin and they will become under the Federal government protection and let no forget the tax payer will be forwarding the money for their support and wellbeing.

Sadly until the immigration reform is killed and out of the way, the influx is just going to get worst.

More burden to the productive working class in the nation, once these children become adults and citizens they can then bring their extended families.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Sorry I didn't read your post, yes that is exactly what will happen, but what it gets me is the way the government is encouraging this exodus.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

One other thing to add here, and I know you don't mean to write it this way so don't take it as more than noting yours as the example. You use 'South of the Border' and I think Mexico. I think most people do.

I believe it's important to note that this is moving far beyond any question of Mexican national citizens crossing into the United States. That's one debate and it's a valid one for a land of mutual heritage in the extent that exists for both people's in the two nations. Again...that isn't what this has become.

The more I am reading, the more it's becoming clear that news clear down into South America has the word out for a possible free shot to stay if one can physically GET here. Well damnit... We can't take in the whole Western HEMISPHERE. Our economy can't handle our own people right this moment...and this won't improve anyone. It'll sink a ship already riding low in the water and doing poorly.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Our economy can't handle our own people right this moment...and this won't improve anyone - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Absolutely true.

And those shills on capitol hill don't care.

Nearly 90 million people are now considered out of the labor force, up 1.7 million from August 2012.

90 million
edit on 11-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I got you, yes when I say south of the border I mean any immigrant from central and south America no only mexico.

I was reading that most of the immigrant children are coming specially from el Salvador, but that is what is been claim by pro immigrant groups to make a statement that the children, "mostly teens" are abused and running from government persecution, but that is not so, as another group claims that these children are been encouraged by their families to do so, in hopes that Obama get his immigration bill passed before leaving office.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My husband has came home from work many times, after working with some illegal Aliens. He says he'd like to see a movie or hear about a murder catastrophe. Where someone gathers up a bunch of immigrants hides them in a basement and every time he flips off the handle kills them. Dumps there body along the side of the highway because at the end of the day no one cares about a dead illegal on the side of the road.

It's not like the police or feds are going to put alot of effort in solving the case they'd probably just throw it aside. Aslong as it wasn't too common. And while I can see where someone can see him as a psychopath for thinking this way. He's right it could change the way people think make them care more about human life rather then the color or there nationality. While it's sad it can be a blessing to.

But all in all he says they are generally good people and hard working. Just need to be looked at differently from some folk. So I'd say the plausibility of this happening is very real. Some people join border patrol just so they can bully and intimidate or get the hatred out from arguing with the wife the night before.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Okay so they say they documented 116 cases in interviews with children who were in Customs and Border Protection custody.

that's 116 out of 40,000 kids ICE is having to do something with---
yet they claim this number "116" represents 80% of all the kids in custody.

Must be that so called 'New Math' because in my 'Old Math' 116 out 40,000 is called statically insignificant!

Anyway, out of the few kids they talked to who complained about lack of food and water and medical care,
no one with the Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project thought,

"Hey lets go buy 116 happy meal and pick up a first aide kit while were out."

Lets do some more math.
if there are an estimated 40,000 unaccompanied children here now that means their arriving at about 247 kids per day.
116 is less than half one days total.

yet that brings up another question.
can any single state absorb 247 new kids, per-day taken in to the foster system?

On any given day there are around 397,000 children permanently living in foster care, twice that number will make a short visit to the system. But right now it looks the feds will have no choice but to dump these 40,000 kids they have now in there---and at least another 40,000 before the year is out.

On another note.
to the parents who sent their kids, alone, to cross god knows how many countries just to get here... I'd like to say

"Are you out of your fricken minds... Don't you know how bad it is for a kid in our foster home program... Well Karmaa is a real bitch so don't be surprised when it comes your way!"

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I love your math, actually the estimate of the children entering the US Is about 60 thousand,

An estimated 60,000 such children will pour into the United States this year, according to the administration, up from about 6,000 in 2011. Now, Washington is trying to figure out how to pay for their food, housing and transportation once they are taken into custody.

The flow is expected to grow. The number of unaccompanied, undocumented immigrants who are under 18 will likely double in 2015 to nearly 130,000 and cost U.S. taxpayers $2 billion, up from $868 million this year, according to administration estimates.

www.reuters.com...

It looks to me that from only 6 thousand just in 2011 to now 60 thousand is a perfect example of agendas in the making and very well encouraged.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Naw my math is right.

An estimated 60,000 such children will pour into the United States this year

They estimated 60 to 90 thousand this year to arrive right... But
as of today 6/11/2014---- Day 162 of --- 203 days remaining in the year--- they already have 40,000 kids.

if the average of 247 new kids per day enter this country illegally--- we'll hit the higher end of their projected numbers.
forty K today on day 162, making it 80,000 on day 324. and there is what? 365 days in a calendar year?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Here is where the 'math fails'.

That number should be ZERO.

As in 0 illegals adult or children should be 'entering' this country.

They need to get in line, and knock on the door, and show respect to this nation, and it's laws.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh! Why you hateful brute! Suggesting people follow the law.... What..like the millions of others who are waiting patiently in their home nations? What sense does that make.

It's just downright xenophobic not to ignore the fact we even have laws for the human crisis others have directly created...right? Even if it was created specifically for that purpose...huh?

What a tangled web...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join