It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Scary Gun Weighs a Ton

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: xoenneox

AugustusMasonicus, you are so shallow...no more discuss.

Says the incomprehensible poster.

You, or me?
are you aware how ignorant you are for rest of the WORLD? # YOU.
edit on 27-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Explosives work better but they scare me.
We also have to be able to repel invading hordes which has successfully been a deterrent to many evils.
AALSO the fake incidents that occur insult our intelligence so we naturally shun liars
I have MINE mostly to maintain the skill and I was raised with them,I like to shoot tragets with friends andteach some how to fire them safely.
Niether YOU nor I can predict nuts or criminals laws don't stop them and I won't surrender S##T my IQ is 115 My psychiatirst says I am sane devoid of dimensia.
I DO have PTSD but who doesn't after what we've seen?
the guns stay,get over it.
I don't carry them all over with me I carry a blade instead one on one up close it's faster.
edit on 27-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xoenneox

Why did you get angry?
We don't understand the point.
Do you think you were being ostricized?
NO ONE wants you to stop posting, just seek clarity.
HELL I have learned more about who the world is here than most media.
edit on 27-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

In the end it is really moot since only about 250 out of 14,000 gun murders per year are actually done with rifles of any kind, and even the 14,000 is moot since we are talking 330 million people and the vast majority of those 14,000 are done by bad people who will kill anyways with or without a gun.

Agreed. The premise of the thread was to address the overblown rhetoric surrounding these types of firearms.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Scenario A.

Scenario B.

Frankly I would rather not get shot by either but I would take my chances with the small caliber semi over the large caliber single.

I would also hazard a guess that people would be more likely to take down a rifleman firing single shots than a bloke with an automatic rifle?

Maybe, but there are instances where a gunman was taken down while reloading a semi-automatic as well.

So looking from a public safety point of view which would you say has the potential to kill/maim more people in the shortest time frame?

The semi-automatic obviously has the ability to maim more but that was not the premise of the Original Post.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

are you aware how ignorant you are for rest of the WORLD? # YOU.

Maybe you should try to post to the topic instead of using vulgarities.

Just to help you out here is a good talking point from the Original Post (which xtrazero just mentioned):

So before you fall into the media trap of wanting to ban the 'scary' firearms do some research on weapons and ammunition capabilities. Additionally, be mindful of pitfalls of dissecting firearms homicides as the majority of them are not by any of the weapons or ammunition addressed in this thread but by handguns.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
We also have to be able to repel invading hordes which has successfully been a deterrent to many evils.

It would be ignorant to not think that 300 million guns in the hands of the civilian population in America has not been weighted and has influenced zero ground wars in America by another nation.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Are you aware how ignorant you are for rest of the WORLD? # YOU.

Guns are a part of America's culture, plain and simple. We keep our guns here, so what ever the rest of the world thinks about us owning guns in our own country means nothing. When I go to Europe I leave my guns home, so don't worry since you or anyone else in Europe will not come within 5000 miles of mine...hehe

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well pardon my mistake, sir.

If we are having some sort of extreme range conflict you are probably correct, but to disregard the speed at which you can fire and reload the weapon while talking about lethal seems to be ignoring a lot.

Military does not go for lever action carbines, I suspect the Rate of Fire is important to them in determining how lethal a weapon is.

I think the reference to how deadly it is does not mean how many rounds you can fire or that more rounds is deadlier. It is in the fact that the high velocity and non-fracturing nature of a fully jacketed projectile means it will most likely pass through its target. If the round does not directly strike a critical organ it will probably pass through as a flesh wound with the possibility of broken bones along the way. They are intended to pierce flack jackets, then splinter. If no flack jacket is encountered the round will just flow through whatever else it hits. The shock wave is also something to be taken into consideration but that in itself is rarely fatal. A semi- or non-jacketed round of slower velocity will splinter upon impact sending shards in all directions in the body greatly increasing the odds of injuring a major organ. Think about a gut winder shotgun shell. It is by far the slowest of the bunch but does incredible damage. Its like a combination of a cork screw and a knobby motocross tire. It spins its way through a body winding up everything it touches along the way. Veins, arteries, tendons, ligaments, muscle fiber, intestines, whatever. Its like a mobile meat grinder with an attitude. I use them for home defense in my 12 gage.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Think about a gut winder shotgun shell. It is by far the slowest of the bunch but does incredible damage. Its like a combination of a cork screw and a knobby motocross tire. It spins its way through a body winding up everything it touches along the way. Veins, arteries, tendons, ligaments, muscle fiber, intestines, whatever. Its like a mobile meat grinder with an attitude. I use them for home defense in my 12 gage.

I have officially crossed your residence off my prospective burglary list.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Think about a gut winder shotgun shell. It is by far the slowest of the bunch but does incredible damage. Its like a combination of a cork screw and a knobby motocross tire. It spins its way through a body winding up everything it touches along the way. Veins, arteries, tendons, ligaments, muscle fiber, intestines, whatever. Its like a mobile meat grinder with an attitude. I use them for home defense in my 12 gage.

I have officially crossed your residence off my prospective burglary list.

That's a very good idea.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join