It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Scary Gun Weighs a Ton

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
My Henry lever action 30-30 deer rifle weighs a ton but the effectiveness of the 170 grain shot is immediate. I've never fired a second round.

I have been to their factory in Bayonne. Very cool place and they are great people.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i dont get it why americans want these murder weapons to remain legal and purchasable by ordinary people ?

when will it be enough ? all the murders and killings from these weapons ?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
i dont get it why americans want these murder weapons to remain legal and purchasable by ordinary people ?

Do you want to outlaw knives, hammers and fists as they caused more deaths than rifles in the past decade.

Homicide is already illegal, this does not stop people from killing each other.

edit on 14-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Stick hollow point rounds and a 30 round clip in the assault rifle and double tap targets and with the scope you have on it in the photo it's pretty deadly at close and medium range. The 308 rifle is bigger caliber and has a bit more range and accuracy but smaller clip size and slower rate of fire. Both weapons could be extremely dangerous.
I think the thing about assault rifle style weapons is the larger clip size and high rate of fire, also some can be modded for full auto fire. There's a reason the military use a mix of weapons and the most common is the assault rifle because it is the most versatile.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Do you want to outlaw knives, hammers and fists as they caused more deaths than rifles in the past decade.

look , the stuff you mentioned are not for murdering people, their primary function is not for murdering people, yes they can be misused but it is not a killing tool...

but GUN only have a single purpose : TO KILL / MURDER PEOPLE ..

lets do a test, using a knife and hammer, you enter a packed gym filled with big guys.. how many could you kill using that silly knife and hammer ? i think you will be dead first because everyone there can defend easily against your small frame even if you are armed with knife + Hammer..

But what if you carry an M4 with 30 round magazine (and carry more spares) or carry a UZI / MAC10 / MP5 with spare magazines and enter a gym filled with super big strong guys... you can easily mow down everyone in the room and they cannot defend themselves against your rampage , even if you are a small snotty kid and they are huge strongman types..

quiz time, what kind of weapon did Brevik used to slaughter people so effectively ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Luv the .308. The FN/FAL is my favorite "hunting" rifle, specifically because of what it is designed to hunt.
but then again, it makes an excellent home defense weapon also. it has a swinging stock. and multiple 30 round clips. it's totally illegal, and I'm glad Uncle Sam gave it to me !

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tencap77
Luv the .308. The FN/FAL is my favorite "hunting" rifle, specifically because of what it is designed to hunt.
but then again, it makes an excellent home defense weapon also. it has a swinging stock. and multiple 30 round clips. it's totally illegal, and I'm glad Uncle Sam gave it to me !

well.. i read about a soldier who admitted he killed 250+ innocent civilians in iraq and he was worshipped as a hero in USA. I think He got his karma when he was killed by his own friend in a shooting gallery. I think the US's culture of violence and murder surpass the roman empire's bloodthirstyness..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

look , the stuff you mentioned are not for murdering people, their primary function is not for murdering people, yes they can be misused but it is not a killing tool...

But what if you carry an M4 with 30 round magazine (and carry more spares)...

But your point is irrelevant as more people are killed with hammers, knives and screwdrivers than rifles. Even the scary one in your example.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

sorry, i dont buy on that NRA / gun rights propaganda saying more people died by hammer.

The only thing a gun can be used is to shoot people. it is a primary weapon for a soldier. civilians do not have the need for guns on their hands. people can set a rent-a-gun for those who want to hunt animals for meat , but no gun ownership should be allowed.

the only reason civilian need guns is to kill someone else

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's not the gun but the lunatic behind the gun that's the problem.

But no, don't address the real problem. Na keep the pro gun violence culture going.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

that's a lie and you know it:

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Guess you two both missed numbers: 323 for rifles, 1,600+ for knives. Not even including hammers it is 5 times more.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

These are FBI statistics, try reading them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Not all guns are rifles.

But go ahead, nit pick.

Should we force you to differentiate between butter knives and hunting knives?
edit on 15-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Not all guns are rifles.

But go ahead, nit pick.

Should we force you to differentiate between butter knives and hunting knives?

But all 'assault rifles' are rifles, which is what the anti-gun crowd always wants to target.

This shoes that more people are knife murdered than killed with scary black guns. But nice attempt at trying to misquote me.

edit on 15-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

In all honesty, all firearms are made to assault. Whether or not they are of the rifle or handgun variety. Their one and only purpose is assault.

So, if you want to nit pick, tell us, how many murders were committed by butter knife? Since you are so eager to be specific, don't lump all knives in together. Break it down by division of cutlarry, butter knives, paring knives, steak knives, bayonets, survival knives, butcher knives, etc...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Irrelevant to the thread as more people were killed with all of those combined than the scary black rifle in the Original Post.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Ah i see, well, i guess we have to believe you. One specific make and model firearm probably isn't the culprit for every gun related death.

Especially, as you are forcing us to lump all knives together, regardless of the make and model.

Way to manipulate the argument.
edit on 15-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The arguement looks pretty clear to me. Knives kill more.
edit on 15-7-2014 by LouisCypher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Ah i see, well, i guess we have to believe you. One specific make and model firearm probably isn't the culprit for every gun related death.

It is not one specific make or model, it is all rifles versus all knives. Rifles kill fewer people so I am not seeing why this does not existed with you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join