It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Police race to active shooter at Reynolds High School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
Just remember when the % of people on SSRI's shooting # up gets to like 80%... that it's not SSRI's, it's guns. Guns kill people. If you put bullets in they shoot for themselves... duh.

The problem with this thinking is that 99% of people that do this kind of thing are mentally ill - nearly always severely.

People on SSRI medication are 99% likely to have presented a diagnosable mental illness - it's not usually* prescribed for anything else. Sudden violence is the hallmark of desperation. I doubt you have any corroborative evidence for an 80% figure, but even if that's the case - violent desperation may very well be an 'endgame' for someone who has worked hard to pluck up the courage to seek help, but has not felt relief as fully/quickly as they'd anticipated. They may well have not be honest enough with their doctor to be given an appropriate treatment either.

That is not the fault of SSRI medication. It is the fault of people thinking pills will solve their problems alone - and a mental health system not up to actually treating people. Guns are a side issue, but you have to ask why this happens disproportionately in America compared to other first world countries.

If SSRI was to blame, this would happen everywhere it was widely prescribed in one form or another. Yet it doesn't.

*AFAIK, the only non-mental health application of SSRI is a smoking cessation drug branded 'Champix'. That was developed as an anti-depressant, was crappy at it, but happened to be a handy cessation medication.

Edit: This incident, whilst tragic, is small - but I'm growing tired of people of drawing such wild links between events.
edit on 10-6-2014 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2014 by KingIcarus because: Oops, typo!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

lol Love it.

But not for the reason you would like.

Nevertheless, Kinder eggs remain highly popular in America, and citizens regularly attempt to smuggle samples into the country despite a potential fine of up to $2,500 per egg.
Looks like the ban doesnt work so well.

Oh noes! Loopholes!

In an effort to save thousands of candy mules from having to regularly stuff chocolate eggs up their rectum, a New Jersey-based company has come up with an ingenious way of making Kinder eggs entirely legal.
Gawker

Doesnt matter if it's crack coc aine, prohibitional booze, 12 year old prostitutes, rocket launchers or chocolate. What people want people will get.

And thumbs up for using Monsanto mom propaganda.

Oh, BTW, waaaaay more kids choke to death than are ever shot each year.
edit on 10-6-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus
How many more of these incidents before the appeals to ban most firearms in the USA comes? The Dunblane school shooting was enough for the UK to lose their gun indefinitely.

edit on 10-6-2014 by Closelywatching because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere
Dude, is a metafore....
It could be something else
Your government privates you from some of your privacy and individuality rights, but allows you to carry guns, for me is surreal.
edit on 7885530xu5412pm630 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I don't know what's causing all of this violence but it's not medications or video games.

Occam's Razor... look for what all of these "snapping" people have inc ommon. They aren't all video game players, they don't all commit their crimes with guns, they don't all listen to the same music, they aren't all from the same religion or political ethos... hmmm....
Wait, without fail they each are either officially confirmed or unofficially leaked (via relative/friend anecdote) to be on some form of prescribed upper, downer, or sleeping aid. Until this answer is properly dismissed by people who do not have financial ties to Big Pharma (meaning all government, media, and mainstream medical people are SOL on this one), I will continue to state that these drugs are posion and are destroying society as a whole, making humans into monsters.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It would be amazing if we could get a thread about an ongoing event that was immediately flooded with propaganda.

Seriously, it would blow my mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
As a father with two kids in public school, I'm beginning to think it may not be a good idea to send my kids to school.

People are snapping all over the damn place, and something needs to change.

I don't know what's causing all of this violence but it's not medications or video games.

It is becoming an epidemic... Somebody needs to look into this.... quick.

I dunno but, is this something typical american or are such things also happening with such a frequency in other countries of the world... but do we not hear of them?

Anyways, a ban on guns isn't the solution because it will not take away the illness.. People do not necessary need a gun to become a lethal threat.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Closelywatching
How many more of these incidents before the appeals to ban most firearms in the USA comes? The Dunblane school shooting was enough for the UK to lose their gun indefinitely.

Has the ultra-strict firearms laws in the United Kingdom completely eliminated firearms homicides or illegal possession of firearms?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty
Your government privates you from some of your privacy and individuality rights, but allows you to carry guns, for me is surreal.

Err, what? I do not understand what you are saying here.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
A large part of the illegal guns are off the streets I guess, but I don't recall it being to bad before. Now we have a huge knife crime culture!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And here it comes right on schedule...

President Obama has been briefed on the shooting in Oregon - @samsteinhp

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thank you for pointing out the hidden plague of 12 year old girls wielding AR15s in their schools.

On the plus side, this girl never gets anything less than an "A" on her report card.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Same thing here. I used a bolt action 4-10 shotgun in a middle school play. We were allowed to have long guns in our vehicles as long as they were secured. Pocket knives 3" and under were allowed.

I never saw anyone get shot or stabbed out of anger. In fact had someone tried a rampage they would have been gunned down by fellow students.

But hell, we got paddled and disciplined swiftly when we acted up. We students couldn't settle a dispute our principle would take us to the gym, throw us some gloves, and tell us to settle it like men. We dusted off, shook hands and got over it.

This overly PC bull# is what's ruining our youth. No responsibility, no consequences, a condition or disorder for every kid who chooses to act like an idiot. What happened to the slap in the back of your head from dad telling you to straighten it the hell up?

We all are to blame for this. We have instilled this into their minds. We have done them a great disservice in the name of "protecting" them.

How's it working for ya? Yea...exactly.
edit on 6/10/2014 by TiedDestructor because: mobile ats sucks!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

So.. you don't want to comment, and don't live here. But, you comment with a pic from MDA?

Okay then.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Up until Sandy Hook, the three worst K–12 school shootings ever had taken place in either Britain or Germany.

Look at recent history. Where have the worst K–12 school shootings occurred? Nearly all of them in Europe.

The very worst one occurred in a high school in Erfurt, Germany, in 2002, where 18 were killed.

The second-worst took place in Dunblane, Scotland, in 1996, where 16 kindergartners and their teacher were killed.

The third-worst, with 15 dead, happened in Winnenden, Germany.

The fourth-worst was in the U.S. — Columbine High School in 1999, leaving 13 dead.

The fifth-worst, with eleven murdered, occurred in Emsdetten, Germany.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Closelywatching
A large part of the illegal guns are off the streets I guess, but I don't recall it being to bad before. Now we have a huge knife crime culture!

There are close to 2,000,000 unregistered firearms in the United Kingdom which accounts for nearly half of the total firearms in civilian hands.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Like in many other false-flag events, there were numerous reports of additional shooters, now becoming the proverbial lone gunman:

www.kgw.com...
Another student said the shooting was in the gymnasium. The gunman ran by him and after the teacher Rispler. He said he saw a gunman patted down by police and arrested though authorities have released few details of the incident.

q13fox.com...
#BREAKING: Police report 3 shooters at Reynolds HS; 2 fled the scene. One caught at a church across the street. #RHSshooting— The Oregonian (@Oregonian) June 10, 2014

www.nola.com...
...reports of a shooting at a high school near Portland, Oregon, according to reports by Oregonlive.com. The news organization is reporting there were three shooters at the school. Two fled the scene and one other was detained.

Feds again, always a sign of the covert op:

www.nola.com...
Local law enforcement agencies and the FBI are at the scene.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So, what you're saying is - you'll not accept the evidence of basically anyone qualified to intepret the actual, peer reviewed, scientific data? That's an interesting position to take.

Out of interest - where do you get your evidence that disproves almost everyone who works in every facet of mental healthcare?
edit on 10-6-2014 by KingIcarus because: messed up quote - just replied...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
is something being added to the water supply?
or has society just hit the cracking point for the least stable?

Maybe both?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego
Turbulence and Trepidation / Chaos and Confusion ...

"All In" / "Stand Strong"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join