It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Police race to active shooter at Reynolds High School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Vasa Croe

See this is what I mean…

Whether the shooter has been neutralized is still unknown, though law enforcement officers have concluded tactical efforts.

Can't ever get straight reporting

No we cannot it seems. A great example of this for me was last night locally. Call for police because of shots fired in a neighborhood. When it was all said and done the next morning it ended up being someone lighting off firecrackers and when the cops arrived on scene the next door neighbor who was just released prematurely from the hospital had called for an ambulance. Which by luck showed up the same time the cops did. So a idiot reporter rushed to get the story out and botched everything up royally. ..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
On FOX right now, saying over 100 police officers on scene, and 2 swat teams.....nothing about a shooter being dead or in custody.

They can't get the story straight these days....none of them.

Des

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
I would of thought most schools are closed for summer break. I think this comes down to mental issues, and the drugs that make a person have severe apathy

Hmmmm...didn't even think about that aspect. They should be out for summer. Maybe this was a summer school session or a camp of some sort?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
wow if any students become dead in the next day.. This is probably fake for real...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

See this is what I mean…

Whether the shooter has been neutralized is still unknown, though law enforcement officers have concluded tactical efforts.

Can't ever get straight reporting

That is CYA (cover your ass) reporting. Of course the shooters dead, officers do not stand down without being certain of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Situation 'stabilized' after shooting at high school in #Oregon; shooter dead, sheriff's office says - @KOINNews, @KGWNews

Police: Shooter at Reynolds High is dead

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
FOX now confirming...shooter is dead.

Des

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

thats good then

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I live in Portland. Its the last two days of school in Portland school districts - finals.

I read the above posts, and have been watching live on local TV since the beginning. I NEVER heard anything about three shooters (as somebody posted above) but shooter is confirmed dead.

Parents are still not hearing from their children for the most part, however. Live newsconference at 9:45

www.kgw.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Interestingly, but not surprisingly, most initial reports had 3 shooters, 2 of which fled and were on the run. Now its one shooter and he's dead.

link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I think that it is "all of the above."

Video Games, Medications, Movies and cable TV, etc,etc, coupled with instant fame because of the 24/7/365 coverage.

But most of all, it boils down to weak minds who cannot fight their baser instincts. And then they act.

I cannot believe how fast the world has changed in the past 20 years.

link   

Portland schools aren't out for summer break until this coming Friday, June 13

Portland School Schedule

link   

originally posted by: vampira309
I live in Portland. Its the last two days of school in Portland school districts - finals.

I read the above posts, and have been watching live on local TV since the beginning. I NEVER heard anything about three shooters (as somebody posted above) but shooter is confirmed dead.

Parents are still not hearing from their children for the most part, however. Live newsconference at 9:45

www.kgw.com...
The oregonian was reporting 3 shooters from the get go.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I never saw the "three shooter" part....what news are you watching/hearing? I hate all the conflicting information!!!

AHA - The Oregonian...of course!

edit on vam06p49Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:49:19 -0500am309 by vampira309 because: source

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vampira309
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I never saw the "three shooter" part....what news are you watching/hearing? I hate all the conflicting information!!!

AHA - The Oregonian...of course!

It was the oregonian. 1190 kex radio was reporting it as well.

ETA: yeah, theyre always a bit off. Theyre still reporting for parents to meet at safeway.
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Is this part of the "revolution"??

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I cannot believe how fast the world has changed in the past 20 years.

I don't think the world has changed in the slightest.

People been killing other people since we began walking upright.

There are really only two things that have changed.

There are more people than ever to the tune of 7 billion and growing.

The 'invention' of the 24/7 news cycle, and the internets.

There is absolutely no way to stop these events from happening.

Some like to think there is, but there isn't.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Don't know where they got this info, but CNN already reporting that the shots were fired from a semi auto weapon. Gotta we wonder we're they got that info since nobody else is reporting it.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

But of course!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks
Don't know where they got this info, but CNN already reporting that the shots were fired from a semi auto weapon. Gotta we wonder we're they got that info since nobody else is reporting it.
The majority of guns out there now are semi-auto. Its highly likely that thats true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join