It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of "Gay" "Athiests" or "alternative" lifestyles.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Telos

Again it just depends on the study. For instance, in Kinsey's studies I think the percentage was much higher.

If that turns out to be true then according to what we know about human nature, physiology and psychology most likely what we're dealing with is a social trend rather than a sexual deviation. Actually few years back I had a short relation with a girl who told me that in her second year of college she had a girl on girl experience just for fun and to see what it was like. She never tried again because wasn't her thing. And what surprised me was the fact that according to her, a lot of her girl friends have gone through the same path just to see what it was and how it felt like.

Bottom line, I'm of the opinion that a lot of this homosexual experiences are due to the social trends and not really physical needs. At least when it comes to girls.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
Gay culture is artificial and manufactured by TPTB to create political and social divisions.

After spending much time I came to an identical conclusion.

There IS a clear hidden agenda.

It is far more serious than just trying to tear us apart as a people.

The conflict is clearly NOT between just religions or people.

This is the conflict between God and Lucifer.

The prize is our Nation and ultimately our souls.

The elephant in the room of the same-sex marriage debate is the fact that homosexuals really don’t want to marry. What they really want is the legitimization of homosexuality through the redefinition of marriage. They want same-sex marriage enshrined in law, so that the definition of marriage will be expanded to include their sexual perversion. Once this Pandora’s Box is opened, our country’s fate will be sealed.

Here, human history serves us as an unimpeachable witness. Although it records periods within which homosexuality flourished in particular civilizations; such as, Sodom and Gomorrah, ancient Greece, and the Roman Empire, history also attests to the fact that none of these civilizations survived. Furthermore, in each instance, the fall of the civilization came on the heels of flourishing homosexuality.

THE REDEFINITION OF MARRIAGE

Even knowing that there are radicals in all movements, doesn’t lessen the startling admission recently by lesbian journalist Masha Gessen. On a radio show she actually admits that homosexual activists are lying about their radical political agenda. She says that they don’t want to access the institution of marriage; they want to radically redefine and eventually eliminate it.

Clearly this is about cultural change and tearing down the traditional family ethic, since it seems that most homosexuals living together neither need nor desire to marry, though they do desire to radically change marriage. Gays and lesbians are free to live as they choose, and we live in a society which roundly applauds them doing so like never before in our history, but they do not have the right to rewrite marriage for all of society.

Homosexual Activist Admits True Purpose of Battle is to Destroy Marriage

Jerry Newcombe, co-host of the television program Truth that Transforms, says that not only is there a real “agenda,” he compares it to the iceberg that took down the Titanic 100 years ago. “The radical homosexual agenda is advancing, dulling our sense of righteousness and undermining the American family.” Newcombe calls the agenda a “moral iceberg” and claims that it is “ripping a hole in the structure of America, and we’re taking on water.”

Michael Brown summarizes the goals of the agenda this way:

-- Whereas homosexuality was once considered a pathological disorder, from here on those who do not affirm homosexuality will be deemed homophobic, perhaps themselves suffering from a pathological disorder.

-- Whereas gay sexual behavior was once considered morally wrong, from here on public condemnation—or even public criticism—of that behavior will be considered morally wrong.

-- Whereas identifying as transgender was once considered abnormal by society, causing one to be marginalized, from here on those who do not accept transgenderism will be considered abnormal and will be marginalized...

The Not-So-Hidden Homosexual Agenda

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Everyone's sexuality is different for them. Human beings are very social creatures and because of such our sexuality is going to be vastly different from person to person.

While the labels of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender are fairly new...same sex sexual experiences are not.

People do many things sexually that they find they don't care for. That doesn't mean it's a "trend".

As you grow up and become more comfortable in your own sexuality there may be many types of partners or things you try until you start to learn what makes your body tick best. For some it's easy, you just say "I am just not attracted to that person" so obviously you don't bed them. For others they may be slightly interested and so try something only to find out it's just not their thing.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Just because recent modern religions have tried to erase a large portion of history doesn't mean it didn't happen. Also repressed sexuality has been very common in recent history due to these religions that took over.

Also you will see more women being open to exploring their sexuality because female sexuality has become less repressed than in the past. For a very long time female sexuality was taboo and something women were taught to be ashamed of. Up until recently females were mostly taught their sexuality existed only for male pleasure. Obviously growing up believing that, you are going to be less inclined to try and explore your own likes and dislikes.

As that sort of social stigma and programming starts to peel away you will see more diverse types of sexuality as people become less ashamed of their own desires and what makes them happy.

Even Kinsey as I mentioned before got much heat when he released his report on female sexuality. Everyone was interested until they discovered that their moms and grandmother's a sexual side that included many different tastes.

Some people are very immature when it comes to their sexuality and therefore project that onto other people. When they hear of other people being sure of their own sexuality, such as a lesbian and her partner or a man who admits to having anal sex(male or female)...they lash out and start trying to create scenarios where those that are participating in adult relationships that differ from theirs are somehow "dirty" and not "legitimate".

In the end sexuality is a social interaction as much as it has to do with anatomy. As such, humans are going to be very different in the things they enjoy and the types they like to be with. Also, college is a time when many young people are exploring new relationships and growing into being an adult. It's not limited to only females.

Men do it too. They just might not admit it later on.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What? You think majority is going to bend over

I think that's the last thing the homophobes want to do in this situation!!!
Unless that statement was tongue in cheek in which case I apologise for stealing your joke!!!
I added my own just in case ^^^^^^^^^^^

Peace Annee!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

What? You think majority is going to bend over

I think that's the last thing the homophobes want to do in this situation!!!
Unless that statement was tongue in cheek in which case I apologise for stealing your joke!!!
I added my own just in case ^^^^^^^^^^^

Peace Annee!!!

LOL, good catch

Yeah, I snuck it in.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: Margana

I wondered if maybe you had me confused with the original poster. Thanks for clarifying that for myself and the readers.

The main problem I see with the analogy I presented is the connotation of the words "weed" and "invasive species". I'm not trying to demonize weeds or new ideas, or say that people should kill weeds (or new ideas), I made a comparison with the conflict I see in the nature of the environment I actually live in.

My mother used to tell me that a weed was simply a plant that you didn't want in the garden. That weed wasn't evil, it just wasn't what you wanted in your particular flower plot. So, there are a lot of people that don't like new ideas growing in their culture, that's not me, just something that seems a part of this issue.

I'm not going to nit-pick here, but you did take many things I said out of context, so be it, I guess as well as I thought I chose my words, perhaps I should lay off any analogy in the future. But I do appreciate you clearing that up and will give some more thought about loaded words like "weed" or "invasive" out of respect to those who are sensitive and may not understand things the way I do.

You don't have to completely stop using analogies when talking about things, you just have to explain what you are trying to say. When your trying to have a debate without it turning into a fight then it is best to pick your words carefully. If you view something differently like weeds, then you need to explain that you view them differently. To most people weeds are an unwelcome pest and must be destroyed. While it's cool that your Mom taught you differently about weeds, we all don't get the same speech.

Yes there was a lot that was easily misinterpreted by me but I also chose to do it that way to show to you where you lost everyone & people got mad. I can see what you were trying to say by using the weed analogy but over the internet, things can easily get misinterpreted & when you are talking about a subject that provokes a lot of feelings, you have to be extremely cautious with the words you chose. I'm not flawless when having debates and have had a hard time explaining what I'm trying to say. What I do though, is tell people that I'm having a hard time & will try to explain it further if they can't understand the gist of what I am saying. As long as you leave a little bit of clarity, some people can follow your path of thinking. Others will be too clouded by emotion.

Yes people have a hard time excepting change, it's always been like that & will always probably be like that because it's a natural human response. The bigger that change goes against what you had previously believed, the harder it is to except. When my boyfriend was first telling me about ATS & the conspiracies that are on here, I thought he was nuts. I couldn't even begin to think that the government would do half the corrupt things he was telling me about. It just couldn't be so....but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and look on ATS for myself. I started doing research onto the subjects we had talked about and came to the horrifying conclusion that my boyfriend was not the crazy one, the world was. It's been hard because my entire world was shook to it's very core but I had to accept the change and what it would bring. Not everyone can do that and with the speed that I did either. I'm just used to having to adapt because of horrible things that's happened in my life where I needed to adapt & quickly to survive.

I hope you don't lose hope in debating things & using analogies when doing so, I hope you can find the right words to use that help hit the message home.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow...
What a pointless thread!!!

No offence intended OP but all you wanted to do was open a can of worms...
Then said "Discuss" with the sole intention of leaving the thread for literally everyone else to "discuss"...

If you start a thread at least back it up with debate...
But then again it's not exactly something you can back up!!!
& no one is going to change anyone's mind either...
It's all been said before, & ATS should be better than this in 2014!!!

Judge Not...Lest Ye Be Judged!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
People can believe what they like, or be against same-sex marriage, but to argue it's because of a battle between God and Lucifer seems rather odd.
I guess it's OK if one is preaching to the choir in a sect where everyone agrees.

But many people would wonder why some peoples' choice to believe in imaginary, invisible, unproven creatures should define how other adult, tax-paying citizens should define their relationships and family bonds.

So what if people didn't accept transsexual and gay people before the last three or four decades?
I bet many of the founding fathers would spin in their graves if they could see what modern Christianity has been reduced to, and it would never have been accepted as the mainstream in their day.

Until 1967 sixteen US states also had anti-miscegenation laws, and they didn't accept racially mixed marriages.
So provably marriage has changed in many ways already.

But not to worry, one can still condemn people with religious rights, and stick one's nose in an event that actually is only the business of two people and their guests.

If God hates gays so much, then why doesn't He bless all those countries with anti-lgbt laws?
I'd think Uganda should be paved with gold by now if God approved.
Maybe God actually hates intolerance, and therefore He will not bless anti-gay people, or countries who use religion as their personal soapbox.

it's also a possibility.

Well, I'm agnostic, but I do hope God and Lucifer entertain each other, and play betting games with human lives, as in Job - especially as there's no Mrs. God, or Mrs. Lucifer.
edit on 10-6-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't understand why so many people keep saying it's only a religious debate. Is it a comfortable position to hold? It must be.

When, however, the arguments turn to scientific evidence from multiple European countries (and the US) that Gay households are less stable than straight households, some cry "It must be a biased study, somehow. There results can't be right." Anything to avoid the follow up that it's better for society if kids don't grow up in unstable households. (A non-religious argument.)

It's almost as if many refuse to listen to any argument at all, and then proudly proclaim "See, you don't have any arguments."

It seems confused, dishonest, or the tactics of a group which will abandon principle to "win." When you next have to make a choice on the issue, I hope you will choose reason and truth as your goals.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

newsroom.ucla.edu...

"There is no scientific basis to discriminate against gay and lesbian parents," Peplau said.

i'm sure you can find research that i can't find to support your claim, but there is other studies and percentages that support the opposite

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: charles1952

newsroom.ucla.edu...

"There is no scientific basis to discriminate against gay and lesbian parents," Peplau said.

i'm sure you can find research that i can't find to support your claim, but there is other studies and percentages that support the opposite

I don't know of any current legitimate study/research that claims children in a loving, secure home -- are any different whether parents are same sex or opposite sex.

There are studies that are outdated, discredited, or religious based.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Dear Annee,

You're quite right and I agree with you. (I'll pause for a moment so you can catch your breath)

There are, however, several legitimate studies showing that Gay relationships (and, as a result households) are less secure and stable than Straight relationships.

I'd like to see the stability of Gay relationships increased, but I have to go with what we know to be the case now.

With respect,
Charles

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Dear Annee,

You're quite right and I agree with you. (I'll pause for a moment so you can catch your breath)

There are, however, several legitimate studies showing that Gay relationships (and, as a result households) are less secure and stable than Straight relationships.

I'd like to see the stability of Gay relationships increased, but I have to go with what we know to be the case now.

With respect,
Charles

A minority, forced by society, to live on the fringes and create their own "underground" culture --- all the while living a lie in order to survive in heterosexual society.

Why would some think homosexuality is all about sex? Probably because in pre equality law time, they were forced to meet secretly in the "underground" culture to be as God made them. To find a same sex partner -- then hurry home to the heterosexual wife, to the lie.

As we progress in society acceptance of minorities, they in turn fade away from the need of secrecy and protection an "underground" culture provided.

There are many current articles on "Are we losing our gay culture".

The more mainstream gays become, the more secure and stable their relationships become.

And that explains the importance of the need for marriage equality.

Congratulations! It's rare that I make an in-depth post

EDIT: this is the only article I could find at the moment, because I knew about it. I wasn't willing to wade through all the right wing anti-marriage articles when I typed "gay culture" into Google.

This is just an example. There are other articles, if you can find them

"I feel that gay people not being able to get married for generations, forever, meant that we came up with alternative ways of recognizing relationships," she said. "And I worry that if everybody has access to the same institutions that we lose the creativity of subcultures having to make it on their own. And I like gay culture".

www.advocate.com...

#2 Found another example: it took me a few, but finally found the release date of this book. It was 1999. That surprised me. (The Rise and Fall of Gay Culture).

DH: The book is an attempt to look at how a minority is assimilated into mainstream society and to track how that process occurs and what is lost when it happens. I also examine the intrinsic features of the gay community that make us so eligible for assimilation. oasisjournals.com...

edit on 11-6-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Wow...
What a pointless thread!!!

No offence intended OP but all you wanted to do was open a can of worms...
Then said "Discuss" with the sole intention of leaving the thread for literally everyone else to "discuss"...

If you start a thread at least back it up with debate...
But then again it's not exactly something you can back up!!!
& no one is going to change anyone's mind either...
It's all been said before, & ATS should be better than this in 2014!!!

Judge Not...Lest Ye Be Judged!!!

Peace everybody!!!

Well said, shame more ATS members like you have not joined the rest of us in 2014

edit on 11.6.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Atheist insult christians so bad all over the internet it is disgusting and dispicaple.If you cannot see this happening I don't know what world you are lving in.They do it in chat rooms and al over youtube and facebook as well.One of the worse things they do is ridicule paranormal research whihc is proven to be 100% real and pretend to be skeptical about it.They bash christians often even in these debate threads over God and religion.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

The same can be said for "some" Christians cherry picking parts of their holy book to insult the LGBT community at every god given chance using the Old Testament as their reasoning and completely ignoring the teachings of Christ in the New Testament. Perhaps they are not real Christians at all and perhaps they give so much credence to the Old Testament that perhaps they are Jewish as the Old Testament is the same as the Torah.

Pretty sure there is a section in the bible that states "Do unto others as you you expect unto you" or words to that effect. If "Some" Christians actually practiced what they preached then we would not be having this conversation in the first place. Personally, I see some Christian fundamentalist as bad as Islamic Fundamentalist, both are cut from the same cloth.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Atheist insult christians so bad all over the internet it is disgusting and dispicaple.If you cannot see this happening I don't know what world you are lving in.They do it in chat rooms and al over youtube and facebook as well.One of the worse things they do is ridicule paranormal research whihc is proven to be 100% real and pretend to be skeptical about it.They bash christians often even in these debate threads over God and religion.

So? If you were a real Christian you wouldn't care because you should take solace in the words of your lord from his sermon on the mount-

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I've been both Christian and Atheist.

I know which one is more abusive of the other. It's not the Atheists.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The scripture does not just apply to christians.Guess what it appplies to atheist as well,even if you feel or believe it does not.

Annee shows the exact same behavoir I was saying.Nice generalizing all chrsitians Annee.People abuse people Annee of all walks of life.

What in the world is a real christian peter vlar?

Yes some christians display the same behavoir as atheist do,Atheism recently on the internet had become disgusting hypocrits of the worst kind Flammodraco.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The scripture does not just apply to christians.Guess what it appplies to atheist as well,even if you feel or believe it does not.

Annee shows the exact same behavoir I was saying.Nice generalizing all chrsitians Annee.People abuse people Annee of all walks of life.

What in the world is a real christian peter vlar?

Yes some christians display the same behavoir as atheist do,Atheism recently on the internet had become disgusting hypocrits of the worst kind Flammodraco.

I didn't see any equality in your slander of atheists. It was very clearly one sided.

Atheists are not a group think. They have ONE thing and ONE thing ONLY that ties them together: lack of belief in a god. How or what they think beyond that is individual to each.

However, Christianity is a group think (dogma). They bully as a collective group.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join