It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of "Gay" "Athiests" or "alternative" lifestyles.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am tolerant of all creeds, colors, lifestyles etcetera. Now I know that a few people don't represent all people. But I can see a clear agenda here. And there are a few folks out there that truly stick out.

You can't be taken seriously if you are preaching equality, but also completely opposed to someone that has an opposing view point. To the point where you call them names. To the point where you start bashing God and Religion, Parenting and lifestyle choices.

Now my theory would have to think that clearly these people are angry about some aspect of society and perhaps that should be addressed. Maybe they are just acting rebellious. But what good does rebelliousness serve if you become vindictive and lash out against and hurt other innocent people?

How does that help your cause?

Everyone has beliefs and morals. They differ sometimes completely. But what good does it bring the world to act out like a child throwing a temper tantrum and throwing a blunt object at anybody that happens to come across your path?

I agree that people peddling religion on your doorstep or on the street are bad and annoying. But some of the stuff that the gay community and atheist community does is way worse and incredibly annoying.

Lets keep this civil.
Discuss.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

You can't be taken seriously if you are preaching equality, but also completely opposed to someone that has an opposing view point. To the point where you call them names. To the point where you start bashing God and Religion, Parenting and lifestyle choices.

Does that go for Christians too?

Now my theory would have to think that clearly these people are angry about some aspect of society and perhaps that should be addressed. Maybe they are just acting rebellious. But what good does rebelliousness serve if you become vindictive and lash out against and hurt other innocent people?

So, you think that atheists and gays are only being contrary because they're acting out against innocent religious people?

Don't you think that atheists and/or gays can have genuine complaints that should be heard and acknowledged?

I agree that people peddling religion on your doorstep or on the street are bad and annoying. But some of the stuff that the gay community and atheist community does is way worse and incredibly annoying.

Like what, for example?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I don't really care what other people believe or do, as long as they aren't hurting anybody.
I have a couple of Jehovah witness dudes come around every week. I think they are crazy. I don't tell them that. I sit there for the ten minutes and let them talk. It seems to make them happy and that makes me smile.
edit on 9-6-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Soon, if not already, that lifestyle that was considered normal not too long ago will be the alternative.

In the same way that people have imported non-native, exotic plants and animals that become invasive species, they have imported exotic ideas. Now native plants and animals are rare or endangered and are the new exotics in their home environment because of the invading non-native species.

These progressive and liberal ideas were at one time like an invasive species, an exotic invader, however, now that these ideas are like weeds all over our land, the older ideas are like the disappearing native species once so common.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's all about perspective.

The practicing Christians that I know personally are pretty annoying people who's intellect seems to hit a brick wall when the conversation goes beyond their 'beliefs', but then again I know a couple of militant atheists who just can't keep their opinions to themselves. From my experience the gay folk I know are the least serious and easiest people to get along with.

But like I said it's all about your own personal perspective.

If you want to draw lines in the sand, or build walls for your mind that's your prerogative.

edit on 9-6-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What exactly is an "alternative" lifestyle?

Serious question.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

You seem to be suggesting that "gays" and atheists are similar to weeds...

A disturbing prospect to say the least. Considering the way one typically handles weeds.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You can very much believe in equal rights and still be completely opposed to someone else's viewpoint.

I am completely opposed to women wearing Burkas and in general everything about many middle eastern religions(and culture). However, I also fully support those people having the right to walk around here in the U.S. covering their whole bodies even when it's 110 outside. I am not supportive of passing laws that would prevent those women from wearing the clothes they do. It's their choice here after all.

That doesn't mean I don't hate everything about how ridiculous it is that they feel they need to cover their whole body up. It irks me.

Same thing with Christianity. To me the bible is folk lore fairy tales with some historical references mixed in for good measure. When people start quoting parts(especially in the context of aiming them toward a particular group) I just roll my eyes because 9/10 something ridiculous preceded the quote...something left out that proves how ridiculous it all is. I will at that point answer how ridiculous it. Same thing with a topic where the subject matter brings Christianity into an argument. Of course someone who is atheist will point out information that the amnesiac forgot whilst going through the various tirade of the day. Mainly large portions of the bible that seem to be forgotten more often than not.

Again though, I am not going to try and pass laws that force those types of Christians to pay higher taxes or lose power of attorney rights with their loved ones...just because they seem to have amnesia.

Other than gays and atheists "responding" to people using bible quotes or creating gay topics...I haven't seen a whole lot of this particular demographic going out of our way to bash people. Everyone has an opinion. Most people feel very strongly about theirs. This will also become more apparent in the context of answering someone back in a post.

I don't remember posts of personal attacks. My understanding is that personal attack posts get deleted. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also, me being a lesbian is not "alternative" for me. It simply is.

That is all.

edit on 9-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I take it you're an American.

How long do you think your ideas/way-of-life have persisted in America?

The last time I checked America was at one time populated by a variety of indigenous peoples whom were uprooted, massacred and cheated from what was their land.

So are you a weed too?

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The Hypocrisy truly lies in the people that say they want protection form the Government, but don't want the Government interfering, they want to be protected by Government for their Religion, but they don't want people to be protected that is something other than said Religion.

You say that our "Gay Agenda" is policing your freedom of Speech/Thought/Expression, yet you say "i don't mind if you're Gay, just not in public" or i don't mind if you're gay but just don't "Flaunt it in my face" so essentially trying to place a limit on how we express whatever it is we want to.

It's like saying, don't tell people you are Gay, but i'm going to wear this Cross and get Religious Tattoo's and "god Bless" everyone.

that is hypocrisy

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Unless I am missing something the US was founded om importing ideas from outside and on progressive thinking !

As soon as people started settling the US they went about killing all the native animals and the native people, so you may wish to rethink a better analogy for your claim.

Which liberal ideas upset you ? That all men and women are created equal ? That there should be a separation of church and state ? That some people don't believe in an invisible mythical being living in the sky that will smack their bottoms if they miss Church ? Which older ideas would you like to return to segregation ? Slavery ? Women as chattel belonging to their husbands, that children should be seem and not heard ? Adultery as a stoning offence (only for women though), an eye for an eye, death for spilling your seed on the ground (that one applies only to men).

Religion is loosing its appeal because society is becoming more educated and intelligent and the more this happens, the more people realise that religion is a man made construct not a divine gift.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel

Lets keep this civil.
Discuss.

Specifically who? Is there a specific group or groups? What "stuff" have they done? This sounds very phantom menace, "they" keep doing stuff but there is no concrete example provided.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Other than gays and atheists "responding" to people using bible quotes or creating gay topics...I haven't seen a whole lot of this particular demographic going out of our way to bash people. Everyone has an opinion. Most people feel very strongly about theirs. This will also become more apparent in the context of answering someone back in a post.

I don't remember posts of personal attacks. My understanding is that personal attack posts get deleted. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thats because the OP is trying to create a popular thread by controversially attacking gays and atheists. You are correct personal attacks are removed. Their argument is invalid.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The Gay community, or more accurately..... The gay mafia are no better and no worse than the standard Jehovah's witness. They both preach the "wisdom" of their beliefs but it's only relevant to the tiny percentage of people that actually care, which in both cases is infinitesimally small.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So would Christians be deemed to be pushing there Christian agenda as well?

I have no idea how the ones using facts and science are the ones with an alternative philosophy. Should be the ones who believe in magic and anchient folk lore who are the alternative thinkers.
edit on 9-6-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Plus have you noticed that all of the LGBT themed topics are usually created by someone other than a gay person?

They are always negative. I don't know any examples of positive topics in reference to the GLBT community, they are ALL negative and mostly created by people opposed to something the queers are doing. That they don't like.

Who has the agenda again?

The queers are stealing words!

The queers are trying to get married!

The queers want to adopt kids!

Can you believe it? The queers this and the queers that.

Really?

The queers are getting upset over a slur! What's the big deal!? Those queers are getting out of hand!

(you know, the same slur that was used while they were having their ass kicked as a youth)

Sometimes I come on here and think "Ugh should I even respond to this nonsense again". It's like a broken record.

Yet here I am. Again.
edit on 9-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Nobody is saying " don't tell people your gay" the Saint Patrick parade in New York is a good example of what the op is saying. Nobody told the gay community that they couldn't participate but when told to leave the rainbow flags at home and keep the parade about Saint paddy's day they all threw a hissy fit.

I wonder what the gay pride organizers would say if the Irish took over your parade day?

edit on 9-6-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Why not make the black people dress up as Irish people too, since it's about at paddies day...lol

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Spare me..... The worst offenders of words I have seen is the gay community. Calling everyone breeders, hedros, slandering people's faith, religion. The people who seek "equality" the most are the biggest bunch of hating bigots I have ever seen.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I don't understand .

Why are people randomly throwing any argument in against gay people lately. It's like thread topics don't matter, you can call in any argument against a gay person lately. Its disgraceful.

I personally couldn't care less where someone sticks their private bits, what turns them on, who they love and just like I don't care what religion they believe in.

What in the holy hell is wrong with all of you. Bringing up "hissy fits" on st patricks day, what has that got to do with this OP claiming that gays and atheists make personal attacks on ATS? Is there is a gay agenda on ATS now?

I hope the owners come in at some point and ask people to stop the bigotry.
There is no point to this thread, the back and forth arguments are moot, and only serve to prolong distance between communities instead of understanding.

edit on 9-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join