It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Gear Flows to Police Departments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

"During the Obama administration, according to Pentagon data, police departments have received tens of thousands of machine guns; nearly 200,000 ammunition magazines; thousands of pieces of camouflage and night-vision equipment; and hundreds of silencers, armored cars and aircraft.

The equipment has been added to the armories of police departments that already look and act like military units. Police SWAT teams are now deployed tens of thousands of times each year, increasingly for routine jobs.

“It just seems like ramping up a police department for a problem we don’t have,” said Shay Korittnig...""

War Gear Flows to Police Departments

I saw this article and I thought it as worth sharing. This is an open forum, so I will leave the article for discussion and will omit my opinion.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BattleStarGal

No sh*t. I mean, look at all the pro-revolution trend in the US. And HBO and Hollywood is helping encourage this hatred, with movies such as Revolution and Rambo and countless others. ATSers are now calling for a "new Civil War". Then people wonder why the police gears up.

I don't think the gov is completely transparent but I think the people are also burning the bridges here. It already happened in the 70's with the Weathermen. If the people gears up, I wouldn't be surprised to see the police do the same. It's called precaution.

I even saw an american ATSer openly write that the american people should organize a false flag attack. A false flag attack! Then you wonder why the police gets all nervous.

edit on 9-6-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What do you do with all the out of date war equipment that the US produces every year? it would seem a waste of money to turn a 500k APC into 3k's worth of scrap if theres anyone else willing to use it

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yes but how ill advised is it to challenge the populace by forming a battallion sized "force"to essentially arrest a guy?

WE are the ones who rule we just don't do it right.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

If you fear getting arrested, then don't do a crime.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It is kind of funny how the article focuses on Obama but, then to inflate the numbers go all the way back to 2006. Granted most of this stuff they take because it is free and the it ends up sitting around never used. I get local police would like the option to respond to things like mass shooting without waiting for the state police or a larger force to lend a SWAT team but, with small budgets most of this stuff just rots away anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Oh I am a vet so crime is a relative term when you are an institutionalized political threat who owns guns,in a state where the great MJ victory is rolling on.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Haven't you seen enough blood? It's not the first time I see you post pro-revolution arguments. Yet you claim to be a vet.

So I ask to you: Have you not seen enough blood?

Do you sincerely think that violence ends the World's problems?

Maybe it's just me but last time I checked, violence never solved violence, it only extended it. It's about as logical as solving a crime by committing another crime.

edit on 9-6-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

If you fear getting arrested, then don't do a crime.

You don't have to comit a crime. Sometimes, you can just be on your way to somewhere and get shook down by the cops and made out to be a criminal even though you done nothing wrong.

I'd say they see what's coming. They can't stop it. The military can't, either.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That statement is incredibly ignorant.

Please tell us how much experience you have with the US justice/legal system?

One must realize that the US justice system is not about punishing criminals and deterring crime. Today it's primary goal is revenue. For profit prisons are real. The 13th Amendment gave the state a monopoly on slave labor.

edit on 9-6-2014 by jrod because: re-rewrite

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Sometimes, you can just be on your way to somewhere and get shook down by the cops and made out to be a criminal even though you done nothing wrong.

And when was the last time it happened to you?

Just because some policemen are corrupted means that all policemen are worthy of your prejudice?

Judging everyone based on the actions of a few is incredibly easy but also incredibly lazy.

If you get robbed by, say, a Chinese, will you assume that all Chinese are thieves?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
What do you do with all the out of date war equipment that the US produces every year? it would seem a waste of money to turn a 500k APC into 3k's worth of scrap if theres anyone else willing to use it

I'll take one. Curious how none of it ends up in civilian hands, seeing as how we have 2nd Amendment rights.

link   
a reply to: BattleStarGal

It appears this is new equipment as well. Why wouldn't they replace worn out equipment in the field, and give the used tired stuff to police? I read the article quickly and saw they gave 40 silencers to one town WTH is that about? This type of equipment is reserved for SF types and highly controlled within the military. I guess if you can't bring the military to law enforcement might as well bring their equipment. The insanity of this administration just keeps getting worse.

I thought it was bad and they were preparing when TSA bought bullet proof guard shacks for traffic stops. You would think it was a good use of used equipment if it wasn't for the incredibly large ammo purchases lately. They are obviously getting ready for some serious unrest, which just means they expect some sort of trigger.

link   

originally posted by: jrod
Please tell use how much experience you have with the US justice/legal system?

Let's not make this about me. Tell me instead how much experience you had.

Without making things up.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
I'll take one. Curious how none of it ends up in civilian hands, seeing as how we have 2nd Amendment rights.

What the heck do you need an APC for? Defending against a burglar? Hunting deer?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The fact is if you are white or Asian and work a normal 9-5 job then you will have a difficult time seeing the police state. There is a reason why the majority of black people do not trust the police.

Please tell us what experience you have with the US justice/legal system?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

What the heck do you need an APC for? Defending against a burglar? Hunting deer?

It's my business what I need it for. Maybe I want to convert it to an off-road camper or bugout vehicle.

You sound an awful lot like a nanny bureaucrat.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Browse through my posts and you will understand why I do not trust the police. I've been arrested over questionable conditions, so have my parents, as well as many of my peers.

Why do you think it is illegal to grow a certain plant?

It is easier to get away with murder than growing a certain plant without having the SWAT team pointing REAL fully automatic assault weapons at one's head.

edit on 9-6-2014 by jrod because: ToC check

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No sh*t. I mean, look at all the pro-revolution trend in the US. And HBO and Hollywood is helping encourage this hatred, with movies such as Revolution and Rambo and countless others. ATSers are now calling for a "new Civil War". Then people wonder why the police gears up.
I can't think of a single person who wants a revolution.
You mention the Media, which is of course controlled, and the "powers" are who would like to see a revolution provoked because they know it would be led by their own agents, and will fall apart once ordered, but will be enough to convince the gullible that the gov. just "saved" them.

edit on 9-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Oh man it must be nice being as perfect and law abiding as you. I am willing to bet you have broken plenty of laws, knowing and most importantly unknowingly.
Do you have your states penal code memorized? I live in ca and I that thing must be over 1k pages easy.
Saying I will never commit a crime is easy, until it happens.

And wtf do cops need with apcs? If they can have them then the citizens should be able to have them

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join