It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Gear Flows to Police Departments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Oh man it must be nice being as perfect and law abiding as you. I am willing to bet you have broken plenty of laws, knowing and most importantly unknowingly.
Do you have your states penal code memorized? I live in ca and I that thing must be over 1k pages easy.
Saying I will never commit a crime is easy, until it happens.

And wtf do cops need with apcs? If they can have them then the citizens should be able to have them

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Your statement is contradictory. Because they are revenue agents they arrest you for suspicion and conspiracy and consensual crime. And before you ask I have a lot of experience with the legal system. My record is rather clean because I know lawyers.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

How so? According to many ATS members that disagree with me, I am slow so you may need to really explain to me how I contradicted myself.

I am poor therefore I can't do anything about my record. It is for every prospective employer to see. The first time I was arrested I bought a lawyer and it was a complete waste of time and money. The last time, I represented myself and the prosecutor disposed the charges before my docket sounding.

You live and you learn, sometimes by trial and error.

edit on 9-6-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Can you blame the public Really?

If war is to come, so be it. They'd better prepare cause the people sure are.

Read the article. Crime is down. Terrorism is down. Gun violence is down. Why on earth are the police armed like a god damned military force when the gangs DO NOT have them anywhere near outgunned anymore. If they feel the need to arm themselves to protect themselves against the very people they are supposed to protect - then I say they deserve what's coming to em.
edit on 9-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: BattleStarGal

No sh*t. I mean, look at all the pro-revolution trend in the US. And HBO and Hollywood is helping encourage this hatred, with movies such as Revolution and Rambo and countless others. ATSers are now calling for a "new Civil War". Then people wonder why the police gears up.

I don't think the gov is completely transparent but I think the people are also burning the bridges here. It already happened in the 70's with the Weathermen. If the people gears up, I wouldn't be surprised to see the police do the same. It's called precaution.

I even saw an american ATSer openly write that the american people should organize a false flag attack. A false flag attack! Then you wonder why the police gets all nervous.

Excuse me while I will be childish...

"They started it...We will finish it."

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You seriously think hollywood putting out shows about revolution justifies this ? This is not a reaction this is an acceleration.

Cops are killing more civilians (many innocent) than insurgents are killing soldiers.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Sometimes, you can just be on your way to somewhere and get shook down by the cops and made out to be a criminal even though you done nothing wrong.

And when was the last time it happened to you?

Summer of 2013, 4 times, 4 different locations and different officers. once there were 5 police officers standing around me as the 6th ran my name, only to find I have no warrants and only 2 driving misdemeanors on my record and those were 6+ years old.

It is called a Stop and identify
en.wikipedia.org...

Every time this happened I was walking, not driving.
edit on 9-6-2014 by RedmoonMWC because: To add.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

"That statement is incredibly ignorant. 

Please tell us how much experience you have with the US justice/legal system? 

One must realize that the US justice system is not about punishing criminals and deterring crime. Today it's primary goal is revenue. For profit prisons are real. The 13th Amendment gave the state a monopoly on slave labor. "

He said you can get arrested for being in the wrong place in the wrong time. You said they were revenue agents. The two are arm in arm. And I am not rich. I just have made influential friends. Which only goes to show the flaws of the justice system

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

My response was to the poster who wrote: if you fear being arrested, then don't do the crime.

Most of us know how ignorant that belief is and several other posters have addressed the flaws in that statement given the current state of the US justice/legal system.

edit on 9-6-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

The recent events have allowed me to open my viewset even here on ATS
I didn't even know there was a Forum dedicated just to that exact problem

www.abovetopsecret.com...

S.O. says that forum is for among other things :
"2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world 3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions"
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

X

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Here's a novel idea. The force of the federal government, by design, should never exceed the force of the civilian population. And the same applies to the police. If we can be overpowered by the police, then we are controlled. And we're not supposed to be controlled. It's called liberty. The only bone to pick with the current situation relates to excessive, unconstitutional control of the population in general. That's where the whackos are getting their revolutionary ideas. If we didn't have the overbearing federal government or law enforcement, then we wouldn't have the dissent that breeds the whackos.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Sometimes, you can just be on your way to somewhere and get shook down by the cops and made out to be a criminal even though you done nothing wrong.

And when was the last time it happened to you?

9 November, 2012 for me.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
I'll take one. Curious how none of it ends up in civilian hands, seeing as how we have 2nd Amendment rights.

What the heck do you need an APC for? Defending against a burglar? Hunting deer?

defending against rogue cops.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.dailykos.com...

a reply to: cavtrooper7

Haven't you seen enough blood? It's not the first time I see you post pro-revolution arguments. Yet you claim to be a vet.

So I ask to you: Have you not seen enough blood?

Do you sincerely think that violence ends the World's problems?

Maybe it's just me but last time I checked, violence never solved violence, it only extended it. It's about as logical as solving a crime by committing another crime.

Are you serious with this!! Have you not seen enough blood spilled by the neonazi force known as our militarized police force! They are hired thugs used to enforce the obvious fascism that has taken over this country throughout the last 100 years.

one example; JP Morgan buys NYPD for 4.6 million, have you forgotten how abusive they were, how much blood they shed defending the monsters who have stolen from everyone

www.dailykos.com...

Simply look to history to see what blind obedience leads to, millions upon millions of innocent people slaughtered and it always begins by creating death squads which is what our police force it becoming. They have been the ones orchestrating violence upon peaceful protesters, as well as gunning down innocent people left and right! Enough of this playing on emotions crap, cavtrooper I thank you for your service and continued service in empowering people to wake up!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmMonday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmMonday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I'm just waiting for them to start targeting people for arrest, conviction and prison because the for profit prisons need someone with their particular job skills that they can pay slave wages to do the work for whatever company they have contracted with.

You know those iphone factories in china with the bars on the window to keep the workers in??? Wait ten years and it will be here in the USA.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Violence at our level doesn't do a thing.
If you want to change the world start taking out the behind the curtain string pullers and things will change for the better real quick.
IMO - Anything horrible and man made that doesn't affect the guys at the top is a false flag to whip up the masses.
Terrorists are smart enough not to dink around with peons.
edit on 9-6-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The pen is mightier than the sword.

Knowledge is power. When the police step out of line, they need to held accountable and that needs to be public record.

The name of this forum says it all.

edit on 9-6-2014 by jrod because: never can get it right the first time

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Haven't you seen enough blood? It's not the first time I see you post pro-revolution arguments. Yet you claim to be a vet.

So I ask to you: Have you not seen enough blood?

Do you sincerely think that violence ends the World's problems?

Maybe it's just me but last time I checked, violence never solved violence, it only extended it. It's about as logical as solving a crime by committing another crime.

Violence never solved violence? Then whats up with the cops and all the military gear. Seems to me they solve even a speed ticket with violence. You make no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The whole idea of a SWAT team was as a response to serious violent crime, bank robberies, hostage situations, organised crime gangs etc. However, increasingly over the last couple of decades or so, more and more SWAT teams have been formed, even in small towns with little or no crime to speak of. These seem to be staffed by pumped up Rambo wannabe's on a hair trigger, eager to get to shoot something, anything, so they can high-five each other for the TV cameras and look tough in all their stormtrooper gear.

The reality is, they are being used for simple and routine issues against non-violent people, the result being that a simple misdemeanor can now get a SWAT team kicking in your door, shooting the family pet and holding you and your family at gunpoint. Heaven help anyone who has any object in their hand when they come crashing through the door as it'll be immediately identified as a weapon and justify a hail of bullets.
Do they really need a mine resistant armoured personnel carrier, body armour, snipers and automatic weapons to serve a warrant against a non-violent offender? Of course not, but these idiots like dressing up and treating everyone as "the enemy" in some make believe war zone.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

If you fear getting arrested, then don't do a crime.

I don't fear being arrested (though such an event would set me off... I think it's ridiculous that an arrest puts me in a criminal database for life... that's a permanent lifetime punishment for any crime) what I fear are the police.

I've had a couple encounters with them. I've never been arrested because they had nothing to charge me with and decided against planting drugs. But to give an example:
I've been pulled over for "driving suspiciously", then the cop said out loud that he smelled alcohol in my car so the cameras could catch it. This was a clear lie because no one had been in my car and I don't drink... ever. After that the cop took me to the back of his car and had me do a breathalyzer. I blew a 0.0. The cop didn't like this, so he threw me to the ground then started beating me while yelling at me to stop resisting.

You don't have to break a law to be a victim of the police. Most people that are victims are innocent anyways, or at worst merely accused of the crime. Scroll down to a video a couple weeks ago, a man was simply accused by a store of being a shoplifter. No proof at all. The police caught up to him, shot him, then left him to bleed out on the ground withholding medical attention until he was dead.

Do you seriously think this is ok behavior?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join