It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Science Experiment Will Make You Never Want To Drink Coke Again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:
SM2

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

They use hfcs in the UK coke too, only it's called isofructose or glucose-fructose syrup, same stuff though. People just think they do not use it because they do not print the ingredients on the package there. The go further, the EU have ruled that a product can claim to be healthier if they replace the surcose or glucose with fructose . Fructose (sugar from fruit and vegetables ) has a much lower glycemic index then other sugars and does not cause the blood sugar spikes.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Good Thread. It should not be removed as some people have stated...

Coke is Bad. Its that simple.

The difference between coke leftover tar and caramelized sugar is heaps. People are making silly comparisons to make coke and the likes not as bad... hmmm almost like paid shills. But Coca cola corp isn't that big enough to pay people to talk up their product are they... or are they.

If it can do this to coins, there is alot more happening in it.

I'd like to see caramelized sugar clean some dirty coins.

There are alot of videos on what you can clean, Toilets... anything Tarnished or Rusted.

I hate The stuff.

Having Said all this i believe in free choice and if you want one go buy it. Just Know what it can do.

Knowledge is Power

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You boild anything down and it turns into horrible goo.

Thats what biodegradable matter does.

I could even boil down a ready meal without taking the warpping off and you could be damned sure that would turn into horrible thick nasty looking goo.

We know coke is bad for you, boiling it down makes zero difference. Ohh maybe try coke zero, no wait, that would turn to good too.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am drinking coke right now as I am typing. True.
cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GallopingFish
Coke is acidic. You can clean coins with vinegar or lemon juice too.

How acidic do you think your stomach contents are? Much more acidic than Coke.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

You've obviously know nothing about reduction, concentrates or basic cooking or chemistry. You'll get 'funny looking gunk' from just about any non pure liquid if you boil it down.

What did you expect to happen, for it to evaporate into nothing?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: Vortiki

There's nothing vile or harmful in soda, coke or otherwise.

Are you 100% sure about that?

Many sodas contain:

- HFCS (the stuff is bad for you as previously linked)

- Sodium Fluoride (depending where the soda was bottled)

- Bisphenol A (most plastic bottles contain this)

- 4-Methylimidazole (a carcinogen that many companies are eliminating due to public outrage)

- Brominated vegetable oil (many sodas, juices and sports drinks still contain this)

Please look up these things if you are interested in learning about your health.

I'm sure there are more, those were just the few I could think of off the top of my head.

That being said, I will let you continue believing that there is "nothing vile or harmful in soda or otherwise". To each their own, I'm not hear to judge...bottoms up

That's all fine and dandy, my point still remains valid; I've drank my fair share of daily soda. I'm not dead, I don't have diabetes or any other sugar related disease, I'm not over weight, it doesn't make me sick.

So you explain to me how any of those thing are poison in that mixture.

Perhaps if you consume those things in their raw, separate forms you might be poisoned, but apparently mixed at whatever ratio, it's perfectly fine.

People can tell me whatever, including doctors with PhD's, but if I experience otherwise first hand, I tend to believe my first hand experience over what ANYONE has to say about any particular subject.

No amount of "facts" on the planet can alter the perspective of first hand experience.

Even still, you could be 100% correct; I'm merely stating that through my experience, I don't think there's anything bad about soda.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

Pro tip: if someone tries to tell you something in your food or drink is toxic or poisonous but they don't make any mention of dosage, they're probably trying to deceive you.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

originally posted by: Vortiki

Pro tip: if someone tries to tell you something in your food or drink is toxic or poisonous but they don't make any mention of dosage, they're probably trying to deceive you.

Like I've mentioned: Nothing can topple first-hand experience. Just like any thing else, moderating is key.

Of course it will make you sick to drink 6 two-liter sodas in a matter of hours.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Is it not possible that these supposed toxins and poisons can build up in ones system and cause harm over time? regardless of dosage?

What would be the point of deceiving someone into a healthy diet?

edit on 23-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Some can, some will get safely metabolized. You can't really take wild guesses here, consult the academic literature to find out what is and isn't harmful.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Look, this guy eats it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

If you have a lot of phlegm in your throat and you can't choak it out any other way, a good, strong soda will do the trick. The effect is only temporary, but you can at least get some temporary relief.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: ldyserenity

Point taken...

When you boil down your apple cider does the goop contain HFCS and mercury among other additives?

(rhetorical question)

Thing is that no one is trying to tell you that soda is healthy, but you seem to be trying to tell us that somehow this makes it worse than we all know it is.

But anything with sugar in it will eventually boil down to this. It's not the unhealthy stuff in soda that makes this unique.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Someone should boil one bottle of coke made for the us market and boil another bottle of Mexican coke in another pot.
Then the difference and the danger should be clear.
Other countries like Mexico do not allow coke to be made with corn syrup, only sugar is allowed.
I guess money wins in this country as corn syrup is cheaper yet more deadly.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Someone should boil one bottle of coke made for the us market and boil another bottle of Mexican coke in another pot.

Good idea. While we're at it someone should juice some organic apples and boil that down to see how the natural goodness of Gaia fares.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Also, I bet if you boiled down a person who drank a lot of corn syrup in their life they would be way more goopery than the boiled down person who just drank mostly water with a lemon wedge.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Other countries like Mexico do not allow coke to be made with corn syrup, only sugar is allowed.
I guess money wins in this country as corn syrup is cheaper yet more deadly.

Once again, corn syrup is in no way deadly. It is SUGAR and WATER. That is all.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
cheese puffs can be used as emergency candles in a pinch

a 2" cheese puff will burn like a torch for well over a minute of otherwise dark time...
~so there you have a multipurpose resource in the snack cabinet, eh ~

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join