It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Science Experiment Will Make You Never Want To Drink Coke Again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I dont think the video is scary as such, just the amount of cola/sugar that some people consume daily is scary
I dont drink sugaru cooldrinks, I am more healthy, I go for the diet cool drinks...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: Aliensun

Honestly, I suggest you pull this thread.

Why would I do such a thing? Because you suggested it?

I think not

Why pull it? Because you put up a thread that completely misrepresents your premise. We gotta protect the gullible, both that produce such threads and assimilate them without thinking too much.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I agree, CE, that the sugary goo is disgusting. Makes a happy duo with the McD's chicken nuggets goo...yummmmay....

And to think that I used to drink tons of that stuff. Now, just here and there, on occasions. Without the chicken goo lol

S&F.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Your assessment of the situation is completely unfounded, almost to the point where it did not deserve a reply - almost...

Enjoy your high-fructose corn-syrup and mercury -

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Regrettably the diet drinks are even worse, they contain aspartame (usually) which is very harmful.

You can thank Monsanto for that one

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

You raise a good point, when I'm hungover and wolfing down a Big-Mac meal the damn stuff tastes so good...thankfully I avoids it as often as possible.

Humans are funny that way eh?

We willingly ingest poison knowing how bad it is for us.
edit on 6/6/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: so not do

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I can do that with sugar... So what is the point of this idiocy? It's probably the sugar/corn syrup left there after boiling off the liquid

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ldyserenity

The overall point is to show how much junk they put in these beverages.

By the looks of it many people seem to disagree, but I will stick to my guns that is not healthy and no beverage when boiled down should have that much goop left over.

I used to cook things (out of T&C) and the residue was much cleaner and less abundant than that.

And the stuff in the OP is legal!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
People will defend their junk food until the day they die, Just before they do, they will say "at least I lived!"

Well, you lived while your body was operating on crappy fuel.

Aside from all the physical affects, all these chemicals we consume affect our brain chemistry too. In turn affecting our thinking and mental ability.

personally, I'm going to skip the tasty junk food and LIVE! But with mental clarity, a slow beating heart, healthy blood pressure and an all around smoothly functioning body.

This will enable me to LIVE! Even harder than the guy LiVING! The bacon and soda dream....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah I dissolved a nail in it. It tastes good ,everybody dies,I'm just cutting down on that nasty bed time so the system can bleed us dry. Goes good with steak.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Go buy some apple cider and boil it until there's no liquid, and the same will be at the bottom of the pot. Moreover, buy organic and you can feel confident that there's absolutely no additives. I did this with fresh apples to make applesauce and forgot it was on the stove, looked exactly like the coke residue

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The only time I drink pop is when I add a splash of gingerale to my Crown Royal.

But I've discovered that Coke is great for getting tarnish off of metals.... so I guess it has it's uses.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I get the point you are making, but to me this is just disgusting and is not the same as making caramel. When you make caramel and melt sugar, you are not using high-fructose corn-syrup.

Do you put HFCS in your caramel?

I sure don't!

No I do not, but you are calling the leftover disgusting when it is just coke colored caramel...With other crap in it from the soda. What do you think you are ingesting when you drink a soda? It isn't a fruit drink or water, it is a disgusting blend of sugar, HFCS, artificial garbage and more sugar....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Point taken...

When you boil down your apple cider does the goop contain HFCS and mercury among other additives?

(rhetorical question)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
But I've discovered that Coke is great for getting tarnish off of metals.... so I guess it has it's uses.

LOL I wonder if that means we can drink metal cleaners?

WARNING. NEVER DRINK METAL CLEANERS

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Whichever sugar you consume it gets broken down by your body in the same way and into the same compounds.

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

WARNING. NEVER DRINK METAL CLEANERS

Especially in concentrated forms!

(Like that goop in the video)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm tempted to go back into my post and edit out the contraction "it's" for the proper possessive "its"...

... But then again, maybe I'll just have a Crown Royal & gingerale and think on it for a while instead, being that it's now officially after 12:00 noon.

/end thinking out loud

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ldyserenity

I can do that with sugar... So what is the point of this idiocy? It's probably the sugar/corn syrup left there after boiling off the liquid

Actually, there is no sugar or corn syrup there, it is high fructose corn syrup.
HFCS is an animal of a whole different breed, it is actually terribly poisonous.

And to the guy who drinks diet, there is a reason why those products start off with DIE.
Diet is just as bad as HFCS.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Point taken...

When you boil down your apple cider does the goop contain HFCS and mercury among other additives?

(rhetorical question)

There will be a different sugar than HFCS and there's a very good chance there will be some mercury in it.
Mercury in Apples

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join