It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Science Experiment Will Make You Never Want To Drink Coke Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Don't drink Coke by the gallon, that's common sense. But guzzling the same volume of orange juice would be just as unwise

Oh come on! terrible comparison.

I agree too much sugar is not a good thing, but orange juice is a good thing. Especially organic stuff squeezed between the thighs of virgins...

what about all the nutrition that soda contains none of?

OJ can help cure disease, Soda can help create them.

S&F OP

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm not talking about the other stuff. I am talking about the sugar, which is what the scary video is all about.

If you boil up sugar syrup, you get caramel. Well, stop the presses!

HFCS is no better or worse for you than the sugar you find in fruit juice. Yes, fruit juice contains other nutrients, but the sugar in it does exactly the same things to your body as the sugar in Coke.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Fair enough, and that is interesting.

The OJ thing just riled me up a bit.

I believe if your body is well nurtured it will be better equipped to handle the negative effects of sugars.

I understand this is not what we are addressing in this thread so I'll save my rants for another more fitting place.

No worries and no offense intended either.

edit on 6-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Almost everything has high fructose corn syrup in it and the majority of people whom consume it in food aren't dead, ill, or any malicious condition.

To say that it's a poison is just an outright LIE.

Arsenic is poison, cyanide, also poison.

High fructose corn syrup? Corn Sugar. Not poison.

Maybe if it's making you sick you should try eating something nutritious once in a while instead of nothing, but sugary products.

Of course that's the result of boiling carbonated sugar water. You remove the carbon, the water, and you're left with the sugar.

There's nothing vile or harmful in soda, coke or otherwise. There is something vile and harmful in over indulging though.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

There's nothing vile or harmful in soda, coke or otherwise.

Are you 100% sure about that?

Many sodas contain:

- HFCS (the stuff is bad for you as previously linked)

- Sodium Fluoride (depending where the soda was bottled)

- Bisphenol A (most plastic bottles contain this)

- 4-Methylimidazole (a carcinogen that many companies are eliminating due to public outrage)

- Brominated vegetable oil (many sodas, juices and sports drinks still contain this)

Please look up these things if you are interested in learning about your health.

I'm sure there are more, those were just the few I could think of off the top of my head.

That being said, I will let you continue believing that there is "nothing vile or harmful in soda or otherwise". To each their own, I'm not hear to judge...bottoms up

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_nox

Not only is this thread incorrect, it should be removed for stupidity.

Not only is this thread correct, but your post should be removed for childish stupidity.

(as should this post as I have sunken to your maturity level)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

firstly, what's left over after he does this, is just a thicker version of the syrup used to make fountain soda....yeah, it's kinda gross-looking, but so are a lot of other things that people like...

i can completely understand not wanting HFCS though...that stuff is bad news. if you're interested in cola made with real sugar, most sodas made in mexico still use sugar, and Pepsi™ Throwback uses real sugar, as opposed to HFCS....if i gotta have a soda, these are what i go for...

anyway, kind of a silly experiment...there are lots of drinks, where if you boil out the water, the leftovers will look kinda gross...doesn't really prove anything..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

um...watch the video...

he boils off one bottle.....then later in the vid, he boils off two bottles....in the bigger pot.

no conspiracy or hoax here, just you not paying attention....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I am more healthy, I go for the diet cool drinks...

because aspartame, and sucrolose are SO much better for you, lol

sorry to break your bubble, but they're actually worse for you....

SM2

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: Vortiki

There's nothing vile or harmful in soda, coke or otherwise.

Are you 100% sure about that?

Many sodas contain:

- HFCS (the stuff is bad for you as previously linked)

- Sodium Fluoride (depending where the soda was bottled)

- Bisphenol A (most plastic bottles contain this)

- 4-Methylimidazole (a carcinogen that many companies are eliminating due to public outrage)

- Brominated vegetable oil (many sodas, juices and sports drinks still contain this)

Please look up these things if you are interested in learning about your health.

I'm sure there are more, those were just the few I could think of off the top of my head.

That being said, I will let you continue believing that there is "nothing vile or harmful in soda or otherwise". To each their own, I'm not hear to judge...bottoms up

OK, it has been shown that your fears over HFCS are not based on actual science, but rather some notion you got from somewhere. A poster that has a masters in biochemistry has spoken on this, you look it up, HFCS is no more harmful than regular sugars.

Brominated vegetable oil has been dropped as an ingredient in ALL coca-cola and pepsi products.

BPA....well do not purchase a product in a plastic bottle unless it says "BPA Free"

What is 4-methylimidazole (4-MEI)?

4-methylimidazole (4-MEI) is a chemical compound that is not directly added to food; rather it is formed as a byproduct in some foods and beverages during the normal cooking process. For example, 4-MEI may form when coffee beans are roasted and when meats are roasted or grilled. 4-MEI also forms as a trace impurity during the manufacturing of certain types of caramel coloring (known as Class III and Class IV caramel coloring) that are used to color cola-type beverages and other foods.

What about studies that show 4-MEI to be a carcinogen?

In 2007, the National Toxicology Program (NTP) issued a report summarizing the results of toxicological testing conducted on 4-MEI in rats and mice. A 2-year study in rats was inconclusive regarding carcinogenicity, but a 2-year mouse study showed an increased incidence of certain lung tumors. These NTP studies were conducted in rodents at levels of 4-MEI that far exceed current estimates of human exposure to 4-MEI from the consumption of Class III and Class IV caramel coloring in food products such as colas.

www.fda.gov...

that said, it would appear as though you are being a fear mongering alarmist trying to scare the bejeezus out of people for no good reason. You need to go back to school and take a chem class, or better yet....go to the store, purchase a bag of sugar, any type you like, pectin, maltodextrin, cane, beet, turinado, organic or non. Add said sugar to pure De ionized , reverse osmosis filtered water, allow it to dissolve completely. Then put it in a pot and boil the crap out of it until the liquid is gone, then post some pictures of what it looks like. For that matter, use organic locally harvested honey made from sunshine and unicorn farts . The result will be 100% identical to the pictures you posted of the horrendous coke product.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox
You know what is really creepy? A young kid's skull with the baby teeth still in it.

This totally sets off my trypophobia.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

lol,

so instead of watching an hour and a half college lecture, you'd rather we read a 5-second post by you, and it's just as good?

ego-fueled madness, i say.

"don't waste your time watching a video, listen to me, a random guy on the internet" ...that's rich, mate..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ewwww, soda is disgusting and is full of sugar with no nutritional value. The only benefit to soda is the caffeine.

I quit drinking soda about 2 years ago. Prior to me quitting people were asking when the baby was due. Soda was making me bloated and appear pregnant, no woman wants to look pregnant unless of course you are. After quitting I lost 5 pounds almost immediately and no one has asked about the baby in my tummy, lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

For one thing, the bottle doesn't have a coke label visible or any writing. --I'll give you that.

But study the images and you magically see that the original pan is then replaced by a larger one with lots more goop in it than was boiled out in the first one.

Now, if you or anyone wants to accept this at face value, be my guest.

Honestly, I suggest you pull this thread.

What you talkin' bout' Willis? The pan was not "magically" replaced. He did the experiment twice, once with a 500ml bottle and once with a 2000ml bottle, or half a litre and two litres. And the fact that it doesn't have a Coca Cola label visible is probably because the guy doesn't want to specifically call out the company, who then could potentially seek legal action for misrepresenting their product or whatever. The red top suggests it is Coke however, and I am sure that is what it is. Considering that these companies have so much money and resources, I wouldn't want to take the chance to be sued by them either. Even if the lawsuit has no merit it can cost you money. And I don't know if he's in Russia or what the laws are like there, so maybe that is not why he removed the labels. I don't really know but that is my best guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

LA Beast did a vid replicating this experiment and then he ate it. He said it wasn't sweet it just tasted like chemicals, so if he's telling the truth then the black goo is not just sugar. I'm on my phone so I can't embed the vid but if you search YT it's easy to find. Perhaps another fine member can embed it?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer
Well then he burnt it. If you burn caramel it tastes nasty.

People really need to get educated.

Coke is not good for you. It's sugar and water. But that's all. Consuming lots of sugar isn't good for you, regardless of where the sugar comes from — you don't need to demonise it with pseudoscience about "additives".

Drinking the occasional can of Coke won't do you any harm. People who drink a big 2 litre bottle of it every day need to have a word with themselves.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: blupblup

My concern is what's in the goop.

It may look the same when you boil it down, but it's really not.

Please let a chemist jump in here. Actually it pretty much is the same. Cane sugar (sucrose) is made of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.Fructose is made of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. In fact, fructose, a monosacharide, is one of the building blocks of sucrose, a disacharide. They are made from the same chemicals. The "goop" in the pan is just melted carbohydrate. Fructose does melt at a lower temperature. All fruits and veggies have varying amounts of fructose. Corn is very high. That's why they sometimes call it "sweet corn." And that's why it makes really good bourbon. Yeast loves the sugar and eats it and "poops" out ethanol, or ethyl alcohol, also made of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
edit on 6-6-2014 by F4guy because: punctuation, thanks to Sister Mary Torquemada, she of the knuckle rapping ruler.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It seems over in Europe /UK they don't use high fructose corn syrup in their coke, at least that's what a Google search seems to say?
Can anyone say if this is true?
I know that American beef and meat is banned because of the junk it contains and hormones.
The US really does put complete poison in its food.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The really great thing here is that nobody is forcing anybody to drink Coke.

Besides, if you boil alcohol it evaporates into nothing with absolutely no residue at all, but it can be a lot worse for you to drink than Coke. But people still seem to enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
Actually this experiment makes me want to never boil coke.

Crushed ice is still your best bet, although every once in a while I like a good, slightly bitter Mexican Coke with real cane sugar in it.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join