It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE: AboveTopSecret.com politics forum

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
after watching the run up to the US elections i think 'deny fencesitting' seems appropriate as the ATS members certainly did that lol

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I couldn't help but spend some time looking up various words and I realized that there's allot of good possibilities. So here's a few more, one of these may trigger the right one in someone. It has help me view the word 'politics' differently and how vastly we could describe it.
Deny...
Impossibilities
Irrationality
Illusions
Suppression
Coercion
Incompetence (ency)
Submission (iveness)

One thing that occured to me was; from a historical perspective, what and how did 'governments' ruin lives- that's the word I'm hoping to see.
Tuatara

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Deny Incompetence

Deny Manipulation

Deny Fake

In case these were already taken...:
Deny Fish...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A while back I got into a heavy political discussion. Mud was slung in all directons by all parties involved. Bans were rattled in their scabbards. But I asked specifically that my opponents not be banned.

Here's why: politics that excludes anyone cannot be called democracy.

No matter how opposed I am to someone's viewpoint, no matter how biased or inaccurate someone is, I want them sitting- and talking- at the round table.

I want to hear what they really think, especially when they disagree, and then I want to formulate a policy that takes into account their truth. Because if I exclude them, I will never know what they are thinking. Or have the opportunity to examine my own bias.

Universal suffrage is the greatest civilizing influence in sixty centuries of governance. ATS is the greatest example of universal freedom of speech in that time. Let us exclude no one.

The Legendary King Arthur knew the value of keeping one's friends close, and one's enemies closer. I think in this forum no one should be banned, though profanity censors would make sense. Politics are best waged with scant decorum and less dishonesty.

I am thinking of the phrase 'the loyal opposition'. All hail ATS, and let the Games begin

A Few Possible Forums:
Natural Resources and Environment
Human Rights and Responsibilities
Food and Agriculture
Housing and Development
Defense and Diplomacy
Transportation
Communications

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My contribution to this name would be: Deny Contradiction

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Deny pixies. Nasty little buggers...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Post your suggestions on the topics, forums, and forum groups that makes sense given the prior year of heated political experience here on ATS.
Ideally, we need somewhere between 12 and 20 well-defined topical forums to kick off the new board.
ideas?

I assume that the new Political Forums will cover geographical areas, North America, MidEast, Orient, Europe etc.
I think something sort of combining the Religious Political movements would be in order since so many countries are leaning toward Religion as a governing tool.
Political History might be another possible forum, but not the recent stuff. That will be covered anyway. I am thinking of a forum where the topic should be at least 50 years old. Since our past helps define and explain our present, this may be extremely interesting. For example, had the US not bought the land in mid-continent (Louisiana Purchase) from the French, two centuries ago, would expansion have led to war? Or perhaps the Political History Forum could combine old and new such as "Was the Great Wall Of China a Model for the Berlin Wall?"
As for the slogan--- who knows?
The first thing I thought of was
DENY EVERYTHING

then I considered--
DENY INDIVIDUALISM
DENY CONSPIRACY
DENY ______ISM ( Let each fill in the blank mentally, as he or she sees fit.)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I didnt get to read all the posts so my deny slogan may have been used.

As for forum ideas, here they go: (these should be applied to existing forums as well)

1. Each thread should have the option of a 'printable' version. i.e. popping up a text based version into a new window where you can print! easy.

2. Have a voting option for each thread. At the moment, a thread will get bumped to the top for each new post. This is not an accurate reflection of the threads 'popularity'. Rather have a voting system where each user has a set amount of votes. The more votes a thread has, the higher up the ladder it will stay or you could have another section in each area for 'most popular threads'. On the same note, you should be able to use your votes to 'unvote' for a thread if you do not like what it talks about. (Keep up online democracy)

In terms of slogan here is my attempts: (in no particular order)

'Deny Actors'
'Deny Excuses'
'Deny Fabrications'
'Deny Lies'
'Deny Submission'
'Deny Idiocy '
'Deny Bushy-Eyebrows' (Australian Humor)
'Deny Law-breakers'
'Deny Dictators'
'Deny Totalitarians'
'Deny Totaliterriorists'

Thats all folks

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I hope someone's keeping track of all these! Wow there's a lot.

DENY BLINDFOLDS

DENY FEAR

(or Deny Blindness)

[edit on 30-11-2004 by jupiter869]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My contribution to this name would be: Deny Ignorance

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I can't think of much..

Deny Democracy

Deny Power

Deny Authority

Deny Properganda

[edit on 30-11-2004 by The Real Deal]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Deny Hallucinations

Deny Error

Deny Transgression

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have a couple for you.
Deny Religion
Deny Morons
Deny Hate
Deny politicians
Deny Dictators

I'm on some pain meds for a tooth ache. So this was all I could think of right now.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My contribution to this name would be: Deny politicspin

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My contribution to this name would be: Deny figureheads

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My contribution to this name would be: Deny Ignorance

link   
Deny Control maybe

link   
I like Deny Spin. That's simple and works well. It's not good to use a slogan that you have to do a wikipedia search to understand.

Forum Ideas:

The America's: US, Canadian, Mexican, South and Central American politics.

Europe: AKA the EU.

The Pacific Rim: Asian and Australian/New Zealand Issues.

Multinational Issues: The situation in Sudan, the War in Iraq, The UN, Kyoto, Global Warming, terrorism, interventionism.....etc.

Simply giving the three countries in the majority here seperate forums would leave a small but important minority out in the cold in my opinion. Here's where you find the numbers if you don't know: www.big-boards.com.... I think this would also foster more diverse discussions.

Political Ideology: What we have now.

Political Conspiracies: What we have now.

Something kind of like the Mud Pit where people can get what they want off their chest, post links to jokes, cartoons....whatever. But make it cost a couple thousand points to keep trollish people from sticking around due to their inability to handle the more structured forums.

That's a lot more than I thought I was going to say.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Deny Control maybe

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
-My contribution to this name would be: Deny Impressions

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join