It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE: AboveTopSecret.com politics forum

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Deny Demographics

Deny Partisanship

Deny Manipulation

Just a few that come to mind when I think of the current state of politics.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Needs a category along the lines of the Darwin awards for the dumbest bill or whatever proposed by a politician as well as the dumb things that escape the mouths of politicians.
If this is already posted in this thread then I second said poster.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat

Drumroll please!!! when it comes to a political board there can only be one appropriate slogan

DENY EVERYTHING!

I think we've got a winner.

I agree!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
" DENY PARTISANSHIP"

I like this one best.

BTW: Wearing the American flag as a poncho is about as bad as wiping you butt with it... In My Opinion.
Maybe as a TrueAmerican you can find a better representation for yourself.

But yeah, if the new board is going to be a place where people of ALL political ideaologies can discuss views on the issues, I would hope that it could be in a manner that favors neither the left or the right. This country needs less liberals and conservatives, and more discussion on the issues that aren't just the positions regurgitated by spin-doctors from either side.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have another one!

DENY DOUBLETHINK.

Isn't that what we're fed today, doublethink?

Thank you Mr. Orwell!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
How about Deny Tumultuous politics.

As far a categories go:

World Politics
Domestic Politics
Foreign Politics
State by State politics
An up close look at individual politicians
Inside local politics
Social politics

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sheesh...what a great response...too bad I got home late from work today cuz this would have been a fun thread to watch develop.
Since I figured "deny lies" right off the bat and saw that on page one, I need to reach down deep and come up with something off the wall...how about 'deny pork'?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'd like to add my vote to those who've said "Deny Apathy." It's a great reason to get involved in politics, striving to make an informed choice and being a guiding force, rather than just letting someone else decide. Get involved. Get informed. Deny apathy.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ok I thought of a couple more...I apologize if any have been said earlier.

Deny Smokescreens

Deny Generalization

Deny Conditioning

Deny Hype

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mine would be (after not reading all 12 pages):

Deny Hate

Mainly because this is the prime motivator behind everything wrong with America, the world, society, etc.

If someone else has guessed it, give the prize to them. Doesn't matter, what matters is I think that's the best.

Thank you very much (I know it'll be JUST my size)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
One more form me.

Deny Mediocrity

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
DanD9 posted my suggestion first. I still think that it is the best one.

Deny Intolerance

definition: Unwilling to tolerate others beliefs.

Many good ideas for forums posted here. I would also like to see some kind of debate and also research forums

Great ideas, can't wait to begin the fun!

link   
OK, for the two word slogan: Deny Complacency

link   
only one I can think of for the time being
PTS: "Deny politics
PTS: "Deny discussion

[edit on 30/11/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why not "Deny Mendacity"?

BTW, I like the idea of a separate forum. There is more than enough material to keep it going for ever. Good one folks!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My favorites posted by other members:

Deny Apathy

Deny Intimidation

Deny Hate

Deny Misconception

*adding deny mediocrity in this edit (I was late to see it).
Thats all I remember right now

Suggestions for forums would be something along the lines of a "hot topic" forum (i.e. the recurring debates of gay marriage, abortion, drafting etc etc)

A political history forum would be good

A media criticism forum

It may be kinda cool to have a regional or local forum with local current events and issues contained in seperate threads along with National and International forums.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by duh squared]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I like Deny Apathy

Darn it, Amuk. When I saw the u2u from SO, I thought hard and came up with DENY APATHY. You beat me to it, though. Great minds think alike

And now that I've waded through all these pages, looks like apathy is a favorite.

FWIW, I think it should be deny apathy because ATS is a great place to gather and enlighten each other about politics. We do not take for granted that what information we are fed by the media is gospel. We think and opine and research and debate. We reach thousands of people on the Internet. I think this is a tremendous opportunity to begin positive change in our world. We present ideas to an evergrowing audience.

IMO, the best way for governments to take control is through the apathy of its citizenry. Here at ATS we are certainly NOT apathetic about what goes on around us

[edit on 30-11-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This one might have been said also

Deny Denial

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Simply put for politics......Deny "Common Sense"

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Deny Apathy seems to define what an ATS Political board ought to be about. I suppose some of us are just here to flame the other side, but for the most part I think people come to ATS for political discussion because they hope that interaction between thinking people can make at least a small difference.

My two greatest desires on the board would be a structured debate forum, and a differentiation between mud-pit and purely constructive forums.

It may be helpful to provide domestic forums by continent/region so that members can find people from their area to discuss things with.

A UN forum is definately warranted as well I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join