It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE: AboveTopSecret.com politics forum

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My Ideas for the 2 word Deny _____ slogan:

Deny Inactivity -or- Deny Inactiveness
Deny Disbelief
Deny Skepticism

some that were already come up with that i like:

Deny Indifference
Deny Neutrality
Deny Apathy

Aside from slogans, I think if its going to be a board for politics, then it should include all politics, world wide, and then a section for current elections and such, and maybe a section for world leaders, or other politicians that rank up there......
just some thoughts and ideas,
good luck to the administration for putting this board together, and its a great idea!

[edit on 11/30/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Slogans:

Embrace Choice

Deny Division

As for the forum topics, someone mentioned US, Europe and Canadian politics forums. I think you should have more than just those countries, as this is a whole new forum. Plus, you can't really lump the UK into a Europe politics forum, and other Europeans will argue the same thing for their countries. And where would Australia and NZ go? You can't lump them with Asia.

I guess you could start off with 2 forums, US and World. And then gauge the necessity to break off countries into their own forum from there.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
How about Deny Tumultuous politics.

As far a categories go:

World Politics
Domestic Politics
Foreign Politics
State by State politics
An up close look at individual politicians
Inside local politics
Social politics

I like all of the above and would like to see one category that includes politics and medicine/medical care. While you are at it add others regarding inside employement politics as well as inside illegal imigration politics.

Seems everyone else already has come up with those I would have suggested for the Deny Slogan, but I am still thinking.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was gonna say "Deny Apathy" But, it's already been said. So, my new slogan choice would be, "Deny Nicholas Cage From Ever Making Another Movie". Oh wait, that's way too many words. Hows-about, "Deny Totalitarianism", or, "Deny Repugnants", since the Colonel is no more, I thought I'd say that for him. I'm sure I'll come up with more.

As for content, I'd like to see a forum about global politicts and policies. The US isn't the only country with political problems in the world, we just have the biggest.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Deny Indifference

Deny Lethargy

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
how about:

Deny Prejudice....or.....Deny Slant

prejudice
Function: noun
Text: the inclination to take a stand (as in a conflict) usually without just grounds or sufficient information

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
One more........

Deny Fraud or Deny Fradulence

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here two suggestions, not sure if I have seen them or not at this point.

Deny Intimidation.

Or

Deny Intolerance

^ puts thinking hat back on.

[edit on 11/30/2004 by shots]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Deny Non-Members

I was going to say deny newbies but that would be too offensive and unfair. After all I watched ATS for about 5 months before I joined, you never know newbies just might be more accustomed to this board than you think.

[edit on 11/30/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Deny Inaction

Deny Progress

Deny Reality

Deny Filibusters

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How about, "Deny Corruption."

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I also want to suggest a category, Major Parties and Third Parties. Something along that line.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Deny Amour Propre (love of self)

Deny Pride

Deny Uncertainty

Deny Incompetence

Deny Bipartisanship

Deny Cooperation

(couldn't resist a few slogans)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How about a section called, "Psychoanalysis: Discussion for the analysis of the mental competence, behavior and personal agenda of politicians."

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Deny Unrightiousness
Deny Unconstitutionalist
Deny Police-State
Deny Stalinism
Deny Dictators
Deny Putrescence
Deny Overlords

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Deny Chaos ! or Deny Slogans!

Sorry admin, im not too political minded, so I dont know what would be good for forums. Maybe

"Agendas"
"International"
"national"
"local"
"wannabe politics" ~ i.e. councils etc
"BTS" ~ behind the scenes

[edit on 30-11-2004 by instar]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wish ppl would read ALL previous posts before just typing. I have followed this tread closely, and have see too many duplicate listings.
(Yup I need to get a life)
(I LOVE ATS)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I suggest the following broad topics:

1) Terrorism, Security & Immigration

2) Defense & Military Intelligence

3) Federal & State Laws

4) One World Government & International Politics

5) The US Economy

6) Judicial System & Courts

7) Labor

8) International Affairs & Foreign Policies

9) Public Health & Welfare

10) Energy Development & Environmental Protection

11) Communications & Transportation

12) Research & Education

13) The White House, Congress, Senate & House of Representatives

14) Civil & Constitutional Rights & Freedoms

15) Consumer Protection & Advocacy

16) Industry, Trade & Commerce

17) Taxation

18) Rants and Raves

19) Opinion Polls

20) Sub-Topic Catch-All

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
For a slogan, how about..........................
Deny Denial!

:O

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Can I have seven entries

Deny Politics: Right, this forum is to discuss politics, yet I say "deny politics" that is because everything is politics, manipulation, and everything seeks to control. Yet truth, is not politics, it is the opposite, it is inadulerated, it cannot be manipulated, it is the truth. The irony is, to discuss politics, you must deny politics. Which makes it a very ironic slogan, and somehow irony and politics works.

Deny Slavery/Deny Tyranny: I think very appropriate for contemporary times, where people have becomes enslaved, legally, physically and mentally. We deny slavery by talking about it and that is what emancipates.

Deny Mindcontrol: Well, that is what politics has become, a form of mind control, each politician manipulating us, feeding of our weaknesses, and entraining us into a preset mindset -- their preset mindset.

Deny Lies: We are constantly being fed lies, from everyone, irrespective of which camp. We need to becoming more discerning. I think, if the censors permit, the best slogan would be "DENY BS" deny bullSh*it!

Deny Zombies: You know this is so right, those who are living in the system, but do not know what the system is, yet push the agendas of the system. That is what you call being mindless, or better, brain dead! This would be perfect for those people discussing in the forums, yet have absolutely no political awareness.

Deny Stupidity!: Pretty much the same as "zombies" but different wording - I quite like "zombies" it succiently expresses and combines the meaning of all words that are the opposite of the politically aware, with impact. It means business!

Deny Laziness: I was thinking, we have ignorance, we have boredom, so why not laziness? The number one reason people do not discuss politics, is because, they are LAZY.

I nominate deny propaganda, whoever said it first. Yeah, it's not creative, but it gets the message across. And I am finding I am having to say "deny propaganda" over and over again in my posts. It will save me some typing - DENY LAZINESS

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join