It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Reports from Lima, Peru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A close personal friend of mine who moved to Peru a few years back left a rather interesting post on Facebook last night that I wanted to bounce off of all of you. He always has had a curiosity for the idea of Aliens and what not, hence all of the excitement in his post. I later commented on it, asking him if he took pictures. He responded stating that by the time he had gotten his dogs under control and ran back into his house to grab his camera, the objects started to leave and within moments were no longer in site. I didn't read anything online about any earthquakes being reported, and the curious part to me, is where he mentions people near the shore hearing explosions. Anyone else out there have any information about this? Here's his status update which was posted to facebook:

Best day of my life!!!! I finally saw UFOs!!!! ridiculous earthquake a few hours ago, people closer to the beach said they heard explosions....my cousin called and said look out the window. i looked and it was glorious....came outside and a bunch of neighbors and people pulled over stopped and admired it. they were orange and red lights and the way they were traveling made me feel like it was a flock of birds migrating....or maybe they were called for something....either way i saw UFOs today and it makes it the best day of my life!!!!!!!

edit on 4-6-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I just did a quick check of some of the more popular ufo reporting sites I check, and nothing yet. It may take a couple or a few days before this might be mentioned. Did he have any further kind of a description of what he saw , other than the lights?
edit on 04pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 04pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'd be concerned that your friend considers a sighting of an unidentified object(s) (that he admits may be a flock of birds) as the "best day of his life". I'm serious here.
edit on 4-6-2014 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Hmm...

There was an earthquake. Probably ball lightning.

natgeo ball lightning

Freund says common forms of earthquake lights include bluish flames that appear to come out of the ground at ankle height; orbs of light called ball lightning that float in the air for tens of seconds or even minutes; and quick flashes of bright light that resemble regular lightning strikes, except they come out of the ground instead of the sky and can stretch up to 650 feet (200 meters).

Sorry but this is probably the answer to your buddy's sighting. Seriously though, he should still be stoked. I would love to witness such an amazing phenomenon!

edit on Cpm1Wednesday5420143930Wed, 04 Jun 2014 13:54:39 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor

You misunderstood. His friend was clearly aware the phenomenon was not birds. Since when are birds equipped with red and orange lights? He said "the way they were traveling made me feel like it was a flock of birds migrating." He never said that the lights looked like birds.

Read more.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've have often heard of "earthquake lights". I agree with poster above. That is probably what he saw.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Even Debunkerpedia doesn't think ball lighting explains "earthquake lights".

Earthquake LIghts

And the videos of "earthquakes lights" I've seen look more like auroras.

The OPs friend's story sounds different than ball lighting or the "earthquake lights".
edit on 4-6-2014 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalRazor
I'd be concerned that your friend considers a sighting of an unidentified object(s) (that he admits may be a flock of birds) as the "best day of his life". I'm serious here.

Why would this be a cause of concern?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Thanks to other ATS'ers like yourself, I was well aware of the earthquake lights phenomenon and posted a link explaining that phenomenon to his facebook. I asked him if they looked similar to the examples, and once he gets back to me (I should say if, communication is rough where he's at) with more info, I'll update!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When exactly did this happen? The nearest recent earthquake was offshore from Ichique, Chile at 1804 UTC+1 on 4 June - quite some distance from Lima. Having said that, the region is very quake prone and there may well have been a smaller quake nearby.

Earthquake lights have been reported in many forms, including coloured spheres. The 'aurora' type lights shown on a number of websites appear to be iridescent clouds, a phenomenon with no known (or likely) connection to earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerLightning
When exactly did this happen? The nearest recent earthquake was offshore from Ichique, Chile at 1804 UTC+1 on 4 June - quite some distance from Lima. Having said that, the region is very quake prone and there may well have been a smaller quake nearby.

Earthquake lights have been reported in many forms, including coloured spheres. The 'aurora' type lights shown on a number of websites appear to be iridescent clouds, a phenomenon with no known (or likely) connection to earthquakes.

There was an earthquake in Peru yesterday. That corresponds with the OP's friend's story.

Earthquake in Peru!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

That sounds like it, he didn't post the exact time that he saw the lights. From what he said, they just looked like irregular shaped, mostly dense, orbs of orange and red colored lights. I'm thinking earthquake lights.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

I dunno. Personally....

- First time I slept with a girl.
- The day I graduated from college
- The time I slept with twins
- When I pitched my first no-hitter in colt baseball (Championship game)_
- When we beat our #1 football rival at CIF in high school ....and basically we partied every weekend for a month.
- When my gf told me she was pregnant.

A guy can pick a lot of moments as their best day ever....seeing something unidentified seems kind of...less eventful when you don't know what it is & when there's a lot of other awesomeness in life. I mean, if it turns out its chinese lanterns....and you told someone it was the greatest day of your life....that's kind of depressing, man.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor

Ohhh, hahahah. I didn't know what you meant at first, I don't think I'd chalk that up on my list of best days either, lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I dunno. Personally....

- When we beat our #1 football rival at CIF in high school ....and basically we partied every weekend for a month.

A guy can pick a lot of moments as their best day ever....seeing something unidentified seems kind of...less eventful when you don't know what it is & when there's a lot of other awesomeness in life. I mean, if it turns out its chinese lanterns....and you told someone it was the greatest day of your life....that's kind of depressing, man.

Other than pitching a no-hitter (even if it was only in Pony baseball) most of those things are pretty mundane.

I'd put a UFO sighting over most of those. Maybe not the one mentioned in this thread. But a UFO sighting of some sort.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

I dunno. Personally....

Other than pitching a no-hitter (even if it was only in Pony baseball) most of those things are pretty mundane.

I'd put a UFO sighting over most of those. Maybe not the one mentioned in this thread. But a UFO sighting of some sort.

Dude....dude? You never forget the epicness of sleeping with twins. Did I mention they were hot? Also, that was off the top of my head. I've had so many good moments, it would be hard to pick the best/a favorite.

Anyway, if its unidentified, you risk designating it as your best day ever.....when it could be a chinese lantern. That would be kind of a shame.

new topics

top topics

join