It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed - The Gathering

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

They stood face to face, man to man, eyeing each other up, measuring each other....

Cody

Bro.... let's face it...
it was FACE TO WAIST!!!! ROFL

You didn't have to kneel before me bro

Cody

Excuse me guys... do you mind?... I have just endured a blumming 8 hour drive and have just got out of the shower and was REALLY looking forward to eating something in this cheap seedy hotel where I am right now???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. Just noticed that they have a cheap bar here... *grins* Might be fun posting later on this evening?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

T&C's bro

DON'T forget T&C's oh great post ban king

Cody

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Rodinus

T&C's bro

DON'T forget T&C's oh great post ban king

Cody

I know, I know... I shall stay humble my dear friend...

You may bow and grovel when no-one is looking... I will not say anything...

Trust me...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Right... off to Skype Mrs R and Rod Jr before hitting the bar... erm the restaurant... (how do you put a line through bar?)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ok, who owns the cute little lamb? I've seen it hanging on a tree branch, in Tsu's bike rack and now with Gordi.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What the bloody hell was I doing waking up at 4.30am!!! It was going to be an awful long 24 hours and I needed my sleep....grrr...nothing for it, read my book to see if I could grab another hour before the alarm went off. No chance, I was like a kid at Christmas eve!

So I got up, did all the usual and went out at 7.30 to meet the taxi I'd ordered. Finally, at 8.30 am I was on my way to Bonnie Scotland. It felt good to be going 'home'.

As my train approached Glasgow Central, I donned my rainbow hat and started my long walk up the even longer platform. Still chatting with a lovely young girl who had a seat opposite me on the train, I was scanning the far end of the platform for a twinkle eyed, gotteed gentleman. To my surprise a giant of a man sans gottee grinned and quietly wiggled his fingers at me. "Gordeeeeeeeeeeeee" I squealed and this huge man gave me a giant hug.

Off we trundled to get myself a cappuccino and head out to the car. *spark, walkies, chatty, chatty*.
We got to Kelvingrove, it was blazing hot, I totally had too much clothing on!
But I didn't care....."Show me the Dali"

I still say the floor plans were upside down....but just as well Gordi knew how to read them. We climbed the stairs and there in a little ante-room in dimmed light was Christ of St John on the cross.

*Gordi to insert piccy of me in front of said painting here*

I was in awe, meditative and contemplative, as Gordi and I sat on the bench gazing at this 8' x 4' painting when suddenly I said to Gordi...."Look at his right hand.....looks like he's playing shadow puppets" *Naughty, naughty...slap wrist*

Outside the little side room was a tv screen and some other display things to do with the painting and other works. One of which is a photograph of Dali taken in 1948 called Dali Atomicus. I have had a look into this, and it is absolutely fascinating, so much so it has inspired me to do a thread.

I loved going round the museum, it's more years then I can remember since I last did. I want to give Gordi my heart felt thanks yes, I know...again, for obliging my bucket list, and to be perfectly honest, I can't think of anybody better (besides perhaps Anita Manning
) to have been my personal guide. Huge thank you Gordi.

......so next stop.....the airport!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ah! Living vicariously through others. Something to be said about that as long as you don't make it a habitual practice. I've enjoyed the rendition so far and look forward to seeing more of the weekend's adventure. I would order a shirt from ya Gbro, but since I wasn't there, I think that would be sacrilegious. Almost like wearing a concert T-shirt to a concert you weren't at.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

This is very true Dawg.......but I can assure you, you were all there in spirit....as you'll find out no doubt as the stories unfold.

Gordi has started something with these T-Shirts now......we'll have to have one for each Gathering.....they'll become 'collectors items' in years to come....."Ahhhh, but have you got the FULL SET?"

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

^ That's me since Friday!!

Not only was the Gathering Awesome.. but My Niece Fiona had her 2nd child - Wee "Arlie" on Friday Night!!
So I am now a Double Great Uncle!!! and we have a new addition to the Shed family!

I am off out in the next few mins to go visit!

and will check in on the progress of the story.... later!

G

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So.......off to the airport we went to 'gather' the rest of the flock.

As Gordi has already mentioned we got ourselves perfectly situated for observation, and found that yes, there was now just 9 minutes between the arrivals.
Woohoo.....the plan was coming together!
I wont bore you with their entrances, Gordi has that covered, barring supplying you with a few more piccy's!

Thanks to Mrs C for taking the next.......talk about 'rabbit in the headlights'!

Next stop.......casting off from Largs....

so far we have covered Planes, Trains and Automobiles..........not quite a pirate ship....but sailing towards Great Cumbrae

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Congrats Gordi! As well to the Mother and Father!

Seems like everyone is having kids these days, but me. Forever destined to be a uncle. Just found out yesterday that my niece is preggers as well.

But I have to admit, I don't like the term Great Uncle as it makes me feel old.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Aww, I bet you really are a 'great' uncle though!

Jane and Gordi...I'm loving the pictures!
Not saying much right now, but I'm really enjoying 're-living' the weekend with you guys!

jacy

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
So.......off to the airport we went to 'gather' the rest of the flock.

As Gordi has already mentioned we got ourselves perfectly situated for observation, and found that yes, there was now just 9 minutes between the arrivals.
Woohoo.....the plan was coming together!
I wont bore you with their entrances, Gordi has that covered, barring supplying you with a few more piccy's!

Thanks to Mrs C for taking the next.......talk about 'rabbit in the headlights'!

Next stop.......casting off from Largs....

so far we have covered Planes, Trains and Automobiles..........not quite a pirate ship....but sailing towards Great Cumbrae

Rainbows
Jane

LMAO

Now I know why people always say "I thought you'd be bigger"

Cody

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow,Well done for the meet up folks!
Looks like fun-I would be up for some kind of meet and greet one day if work allows-are you doing it again next year?
You should do it every year,I bet more folks would turn up each time.
Maybe change locations each year,visiting some other of the gems of the UK..
It could turn into a mini exclusive festival type affair,but old skool without the corporate takeover.
And no tents and mud.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

We're thinking about the Breckon Beacons when we get a meteor shower, that will however involve tents. And yeah it

WILL happen again, this was pretty spur of the moment (the best kind) but the idea is to encourage other members to meet up as well.

This is second ATS meet up I've been to, and both were a roaring success, here's to many more

Watch this space

Cody

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

THE BEACONS?

HOLY CRAP! I am so down with that, that I am in danger of being swallowed by the planet! Has to be the most GORGEOUS place I have ever been!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Hi SilSyn....I didn't have you down as a Brit for some reason!

We have already been talking about the next few actually, one of which will be later this year all being well. I don't think it's up to me to say anything at the mo.....suffice to say we have some wicked and wacky themed but totally do'able ideas in mind! Can't totally guarantee the no tents and mud bit mind you....mwahahahaha!

Off to post a link to this thread in the calling all Brits thread!

Back in a bit.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

THE BEACONS?

HOLY CRAP! I am so down with that, that I am in danger of being swallowed by the planet! Has to be the most GORGEOUS place I have ever been!

I think I see another meet in the offing

Just got off skype with Rod, we'll be be back on soon

Link in if you can True

Cody

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Will do.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We should have a gathering competition between the two sides of the pond.

Cause I will never make it across the ocean again

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey its great to see you guys meeting at last..Jeez Gordy...What you been eating all these years lol...As we say in Lancashire. Thas a big un!.....Loving the Ats shirts to

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join