It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed - The Gathering

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
a reply to: TDawgRex

Aww...thanks Dawg....but denae fasch yer'sel....I already have the straw hat and mad welly boots for my gardening!
*note to self...must drop Scottish accent!
* on to the bike ride! 10 flippin' miles! I think we were all proud of ourselves, and deservedly so!

This is the view looking directly north up the west side of the island. We took the long way round!

A little further on from there is a lovely wee cafe/restaurant at Fintry Bay, where we all indulged in our favourite cake and beverage....piccy's please guys!

The previous day, further up from there, when Gordi was driving us around, we went around and over a little rise and I couldn't help but blurt out there was a shift in energy. "That's interesting" said Gordi, who pulled the car in some 50 yds further on. So on our bike ride the next day....this is what is painted on the rock!

It's known locally as Indian rock. Gordi says in the autumn when the trees have shed their leaves, just above the Indian face, there is an eagle! One of my power animals. Woohoo....spooky! Anyway we stopped there for a bit and I wandered down on to the little beach and gathered up some bits and bobs which I am going to add to The Shed wand hopefully.

I have a suspicion that the ley line I found at the church which runs north south, is bisected by another one from Indian Rock in the NW through the standing stone in the SE, the crossing point being Indian Rock. Get your dowsing rod out have homework to do!

I'm less than useless with adding stuff to photos...but here's a map of the island and close ups of the three main points. It might help to explain my suspicions a bit better for those interested.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:46 PM
I think I could live there happily ever after!!!!!! The historical buildings, the ocean...and Fluffy! LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
Okay American Shedders, heres the deal
North Carolina, September, Brown Mountain

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:48 PM
a reply to: HomerinNC

Should have been October in Massachusetts or Rhode Island or Vermont or Main. Colorful leaves and cool comfortable air.

Anyway, I can barely afford to leave my backyard never mind find money to travel.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
a reply to: Night Star

I chose Brown Mountain NC because of the Lights, make it a gather and investigation

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:28 AM

Oooooh, then I will definitely want to hear about that trip!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:46 AM
You're just gonna hafta come then!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:15 PM

Hey Homer I think & hope that I could make it 5,6 & 7 Sept (Best for me)
or the 12, 13 & 14 Sept.

I hope the others that were going to come will respond.
If not we can do it up here in the Shenandoah Valley...many people
in this area...not far from Point Pleasant or the Flatwoods Incident in
Braxton W VA.

Many camp grounds. I had mentioned it on the Top Secret gathering page.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:32 PM
a reply to: Ektar

West VA? Oh HECK no!!! I'd be terrified to drive up the road and hear this:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:34 PM
Hiya Shedders!

I've finally found enough braincells to remember how to post pics.

Cody and Fluffy

Jane, Mrs C, Gordi

Jane with her new wand

Jane, Mrs C

Jane, Gordi, Cody, Mrs C

edit on 462014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:48 PM
Tsu, is that you in the last pic on the right?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM

Hiya Homer, that's not me that's Mrs C, I'm taking the pic.

Going to edit notes into the post now, sorry.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
a reply to: Tsu322

I'm jealous you all look like you had a great time

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:18 PM

It was amazing Homer, we had a fantastic time. I'm sure you guys over there will too at your US gathering!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:15 AM

Great pics Tsu

Fluffy had quite a time of it as well

He needed a rest after that.
And the hangover was a killer LOL

But recovered enough to go far a walk the next day.

Then we had "The crocodile incident" I'll post those later

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:44 AM

originally posted by: HomerinNC
You're just gonna hafta come then!

You know I'll be there in spirit Hun!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:50 AM
Wow, great pics Tsu and Cody!!!!!

Jane looks adorable in that hat. Everyone looks great! I fell in love with fluffy the moment I saw him. He sure has adventures! LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:50 AM

O M G !!

Great Pics Tsu / Cody!
edit on 5-6-2014 by Gordi The Drummer because: I had to fix grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:53 AM
As the others have mentioned...

After the visit to the Cathedral, we decided that a bike ride was in order! So, all except Cody – who was distracted by an Ice Cold Beverage, went off to the Cycle-Hire shop for some bikes.

They have some wonderful contraptions in there, from Tandems, a Tridem, Quadracycles and even an 8-seater conference bike where all of the cyclists face one another!!

But we decided to stick to traditional bicycles for our adventure and after a short wait in the queue, we were Sorted!

Our destination was “Indian Rock” a large rock-face on the west of the Island which has been painted to look like a native American “Indian”. We had driven past it on our quick-tour of the Island on Friday night, and Jane had picked up on some energies there that she wanted to investigate further! The other girls were not in the least put off by the fact it was less than a mile from Fintry Bay Tearooms and their legendary selection of CAKES!

Jane took to the bike like a Duck to water, as did Mrs C... and off they went!

Meanwhile, Tsu was trying to figure out how to change gear on her new mount before setting off, but her bike had a fancy twist-grip gear changer which only works when you are actually pedalling!! So, being the gentleman that I am, I shouted at her!! LOL Just Kidding!!

I talked her through the gears, and in no time at all – she was cycling like a pro!
But, being a minute or two behind the other girls, and with “local” knowledge on my side, we took a sneaky short-cut which actually brought us out ahead of the other two!! Who, by this time, had stopped at the top of a hill to wait for us.

We managed to get all 4 intrepid cyclists back together again, and off we went. The weather was just glorious, and the route follows the coast all the way round the Island, so it is VERY flat and easy to pedal.
We reached the Tearooms in no time at all and a celebratory Coffee and cake was in order!
The Carrot cake was dee-lish, and I’m told that the Chocolate Cake and Lemon Meringue were just as good! Next stop Indian Rock...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:32 AM
Well, I decided to 'fix' some pics for yas...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>