It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

If that is what is requested I will change my last entry, easy enough to do.

Would you use fixed outposts or scout groups or video cameras.

P

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well it would seem that Angus and James are still outside. Angus had to scoop him up and his Charisma is only a four.
Pretty sure Xxnight said you needed charisma of at least 5 to deal with the kid. Probably fought Angus tooth and nail once Allen and Marcus ignored his request and went with Sue-Lin.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Would have manned outpost with hidden cameras and motion detectors to keep watch over the area along with regular patrols .. something like an updated version of a firebase like used in vietnam back in my s.o.g days .. along with a few surprises outside the perimeter to deter uninvited guests ..

Not sure how they have it set up in the story .. these days people tend not to think of things like that .. id also be using some of the tricks learned from charlie .. will admit I dont play nice ..

Wouldnt be some cushy day camp set up if was running something like that ..

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium
True .. but think also being tired from the walk along with hungry angus will be able to manage him .. he probably would understand angus carrying him ..

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I think Angus would just need strength. Michael is a four year old from memory. It is just a scoop and hold on. He may not like it and may be upset after, but during an emergency, kids get the idea very very fast!

P

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Guys, another important character is introduced.

Be sure to listen to this song when you read my last entry.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Are all 300 of those marauders dead or just the first wave?

P

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
Nicely done .. and great addition with the song .. like the new character ..

And hope you dont mind my giving my impression of what the outpost would be like .. it made sense that theyd have the main community seperate .. will leave it to you to describe where they ended up at and go back to following the story for the present ..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Most likely that was just a scouting party .. doubt theyd have their main force travelling bunched up like that ..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Yes, it works both ways. A dumb group of 300 might just have tried to partially surround our little group not knowing how close they were or they considered the town to be just another town to attack.

As you come up to a target you generally pull your scouts in and set them in their defensive role or to recon the town's edges.

I will wait for our main story teller to answer. Either way, Sue-Lin has some unfinished business to take care of.

P

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The group wasn't traveling all together.

I'd say that was about a third of them. The other roughly 200 of them are a little ways backwards, and sent their first wave in order to weaken whoever was ahead, so the bigger wave could come deliver the final blow.

Luckily, Los Oculto is made up of preppers and gun lovers from all the surrounding areas. They're smart enough to assume that more of them are coming, so the next phase of the story is going to be preparation for another big battle. After that battle is carried out, we'll fade into chapter three.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Sounds good .. looking forward to seeing what comes next ..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yea, must be late. WT.
edit on 12/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
originally posted by: Expat888
Most likely that was just a scouting party .. doubt theyd have their main force travelling bunched up like that ..

Logically speaking the main body is back in the town our hero's fled from.. getting everything they can carry off or find useful. The group that attacked and probed was drawn to our little group from the shot fired at the Cougar. Just my 2 cents

P.S. Mt internet connection is terrible must be the "X" flare or something? 4th and last time I am gonna try..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
No worries .. signal here rubbish at moment too .. pm for ya

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
... the reason we lost our power a few days ago was because of a solar flare? HOLY CRAP! We saw the sky turn red... had no idea it was a solar flare. That's wicked!

EDIT; Also, scooping up James required a strength/agility check, sorry for not noting that earlier, been doing a lot over the past week. The strength requirement would be easy, and the agility would be moderate. You're a point shy in strength, but a point extra in agility, so you receive a success (as you guys have probably noticed, most actions require two skill checks, and if you don't pass one of them, extra points in the second skill will even out your odds of success).

AAAAAAAAND, I thought it was worth mentioning that you hit James's personality perfectly. Once he overcomes his fears and the trauma of losing his parents, he becomes a tiny, fearless, and imaginative little beast. He was actually inspired by a cousin of mine with the same personality. He's very small, but his nerve makes up for it ten fold.

edit on Xx45360630AM66 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Been awake over 72 hours now .. off to try and sleep .. if am lucky .. will catch up on the story later after i wake up .. keep up the good writing guys ..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just edited my last post. I missed the one you wrote saying we went to the mess hall. Angus was going to help gather the spoils in the field. Now I have him back on track and with the others.
Also, I kinda figured that's where you were going with James.
Any extra skill points for training with Sue?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Felt like writing! Hope you like it. Now the odds are evened out and the town can get ready for two hundred screaming bad guys to attack.

Church has a 5.56mm light machine gun now, enjoy!
P

edit on 12/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I know this might take a considerable amount of effort, but if you're going to quote Seamus, would you mind trying to write out his accent? His Irish accent is one of his biggest attributes.

Still reading your last entry, then ima write.

Okay... I'm sorry, but Sue-Lin is becoming a God character.

Tonight was the first time she had used it and she had used it well. She had taken out the throats of three guards with extreme efficiency.

This is the kind of stuff I was talking about. This kind of stuff is not allowed. And also, time leaped forward pretty far before I had the chance to finish the scene I was working on with Seamus (granted I fell asleep, but still).

Those kind of throat-slitting actions would require some kind of skill check. A moderate check of strength & agility. Sue-Lin's agility is 8, but her strength is only 3, so she probably would have only left the first guard with a minor cut on the neck, alerted him, and the others would have killed her.

We can't have huge story-changing events happening while the others aren't around, either. Where would everyone else be when all this is going on? Sleeping? We have to give the other characters a chance to partake in things before they escalate and end.

edit on Xx51110130AM61 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join