It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

More Talents emerge! Nice work!

P

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Is that big marauding pack of killers just behind us perhaps?

P

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Good drawing .. would be interesting to see you turn it into a graphic novel think it would make a good one

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Thanks guys

I just got done cooking for everyone. I'm trying to write, I really am!

Yeh, the raiders are about a day behind us, they're passing through Las Nueva Era around the time of the lion incident. They won't breach the walls of Los Oculto, though.

edit on Xx20860630AM66 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Alright, since Sue-Lin is hiding, everyone in the group ought to do a moderate-perception check. Anyone in the group who has a perception above 7 will notice Sue-Lin, and point it out to the rest of us.

This would be a good chance for Marcus to earn that second success, so he can add a point to his stats.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
One more thing, sorry...

I weeded through the thread and found everyone's stats, and I also made some stats for the NPC's who play a major role in the story.

I will keep track of all stats that are gained throughout the story, and it would be very considerate of story tellers to re-post their character stats when they edit them. I'm keeping this all updated on a wordpad document...

Here they are;

Sue-Lin
Strength - 3
Perception - 8
Endurance - 6
Charisma - 3
Intelligence - 8
Agility - 8
Luck - 4

Marcus
Strength-4
Perception-8
Endurance-4
Charisma-5
Intelligence-7
Agility-6
Luck-6

Church
Strength-7
Perception-6
Endurance-8
Charisma-4
Intelligence-5
Agility -5
Luck-5

Ryujin
Strength 5
Perception - 7
Endurance -6
Charisma - 3
Intelligence - 7
Agility - 7
Luck - 5

Jason
Strength - 10
Perception - 5
Endurance -5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 5
Agility - 5
Luck - 5

Robbie/Angus
Strength: 4
Perception: 9
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 8
Luck: 3

Alan
Strength - 5
Perception - 5
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 10
Agility - 5
Luck - 5

Sandra
Strength - 5
Perception - 5
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 10
Agility - 5
Luck - 5

Dorian
Strength - 7
Perception - 7
Endurance - 7
Charisma - 10
Intelligence - 10
Agility - 7
Luck - 7

Carol
Strength - 5
Perception - 7
Endurance - 10
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 9
Agility - 5
Luck - 9

... you may have noticed that Dorian and Carol have considerably more points than everyone else. Let me explain why.

Dorian and Carol are both adults, and they have quite a bit more growth and experience than the other characters, who are all highschool kids. Dorian and Carol were both given 55 stat points instead of the original 40.

Carol gets a high intelligence and maxed out endurance because she used to be a nurse, and she's been through a lot of bad things in her life, Jackson's death being the final nail in the coffin. She deserves that endurance. And, she has high luck because she is a very loving mother, and a very good person. Karma is on her side. And Dorian, as you can imagine, is both brilliant and eccentric, so he gets all the intelligence and charisma.

I have all this on a document on my computer, and if you all want to keep up with it, you should copy n' paste it onto a notepad or something.

Anywho... maybe I should write now.

edit on Xx23760630AM66 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Looks good on the stats .. was going back looking to see what everyones stats were ..
Writing them down in the notebook im using to work out ideas and keep up on things .. find it easier if write it all down on paper to keep track ..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Do I have permission to use some of the characters in this story in my graphic novel? If you already plan to use your character for a story of your own, I'll just make a branch-off character instead. I really adore these misfits and I want to preserve them.

PS, you'll get to see cool drawings of your characters.

Also.. I figured I'd wait until you guys are online to write any more.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You can use ryujin and gozaimon in it if you want

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Go for it. I like Sue-Lin, ... yeah, bring her to life!

P

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You've got my permission!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Awesome! Thanks so much!

Are you guys free to write? If so, I'll move the story along.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Welcome ..
Looking forward to see what the others add if theyre around .. lazy mode here at moment ..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I literally just rolled outta bed, going about my ablutions and will probably be on and off throughout out the day. My insomnia has seen fit to let me sleep at night, thankfully.

I'm looking forward to doing mire reactionary writing, that scene with Marcus and the lioness was epic.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Cool .. look forward to see churchs reaction to the lion shooting ..

On a side note .. bit disappointed that nobody noticed jacksons grave .. had thought theyd see it when they went after sandra ..
edit on 10/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
Do I have permission to use some of the characters in this story in my graphic novel? If you already plan to use your character for a story of your own, I'll just make a branch-off character instead. I really adore these misfits and I want to preserve them.

PS, you'll get to see cool drawings of your characters.

Also.. I figured I'd wait until you guys are online to write any more.

anything of my poor attempt at writing is yours to use...Even though I feel left out without points... the disgrace and humiliation of it all...lol

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Even though I feel left out without points... the disgrace and humiliation of it all...lol

I don't quite see it that way.

Those are spec op teams. Now, while individuals will be better at some things than others, they work as a team and therefore you need to rate them as a team and realistically, they should get straight nines. Only if someone reduces the team to two or three, then their points should drop.

P

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Church grabbed a shotgun from Dorian's armory by the way and carries it, on top of whatever other fear he needs to carry, slung over his shoulder but fears using it. Church can handle carrying a lot of stuff to so keep that in mind, he is über strong and has excellent endurance.

I do need someone to actually teach Church to use a firearm though, he really has no clue how to operate them aside from "put ammunition here, pull trigger whilst pointing at enemy" but I guess that's about the gist of it anyway. But if you asked him what a breach was or told him to work the action he would just look at you like "umm, what?"
edit on Cam8Tuesday2520145130Tue, 10 Jun 2014 08:25:51 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Think angus or marcus could teach church how to use a gun .. be good to see their characters interacting ..
edit on 10/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
And for the record, if I'm not on, just assume that Church will basically just do what he's told and keep quiet for the most part, as long as he's not asked to do anything that could get him hurt or killed, unless it is to help a group member or otherwise helpless individual.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join