It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday By Design -- Collaborative Story [ WORKING THREAD] [Updated!]

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Eventually ryujin and gozaimon will find the way there .. theyve gone walkabout at the moment ...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Well it seems like you got two fairly experienced DMs (me and hangedman) so if you ever wanna chat TTRPGs feel free! I absolutely love table top role playing games.

Sorry, back to reading what's been happening, lol...

Eta: Also, there is this,not many replies but if anyone is interested in yapping about TTRPGs and don't wanna spam this thread with it, I'd be stoked to discuss anything TTRPG related there!

edit on Cam10Monday3820141530Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:38:15 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late. Had a long day followed by a long sleep... is anyone else online? Ima go catch up on the story now.

@CagliostroTheGreat

Cool! You'll be the one I ask if I have any questions.

Feel free to u2u me any pointers you've got.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yep am in .. sent ya pm .. now just sat out by the river while my cormorants catch tonights dinner ..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yep on-line now. You got any plans for Alan and his group? Don't want to start anything till I get an idea of whats with them.
edit on 9-6-2014 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Yep on-line now. You got any plans for Alan and his group? Don't want to start anything till I get an idea of whats with them.

They're going to run into Sandra soon, then they're going to have a little struggle...

Stay tuned for it, I'm writing it now.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Enjoying sitting back seeing how the others are doing now and how there trip goes ..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Okay, so...

Now, the group is in a very quick-acting situation. (Spoilers) Just when Alan and the group find Sandra, they see she is about to be attacked by one of these.

I could always have one of the NPC's take action, but hey... maybe Marcus or Church are quicker, maybe one of them decides to make a move.

If Marcus or Church want to make an action, I'll use their stat points to determine weather or not its successful.

Bring it on.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yea I'm game at worst I might be able to scare it off. Figure I'll shoulder up a rifle and take a shot. Gonna add my bit then you want to describe the scene?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Want to see one of the characters do it rather than one of the npc ..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Done, now for NightAngelus to determine if I hit it. Hope you guys like how I approached it!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I would say using your rifle would fall under Perception and Strength.

Strength-4
Perception-8
Endurance-4
Charisma-5
Intelligence-7
Agility-6
Luck-6

Moderate strength and moderate perception... perception for seeing the lion quickly and aiming at it properly. Strength for lifting the rifle, and dealing with the kickback after it fires.

You're just one point shy of reaching moderate difficulty under strength, but because you're one point over the moderate difficulty requirement for perception (7), you will succeed. Your high perception allows you to see the lion, aim at a particular part of the body, and shoot it, but the kick of the gun will mildly injure your shoulder.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13
Very well done .. great writing too

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just curious .. as things progress will stats also grow slightly with characters as they grow ?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Just curious .. as things progress will stats also grow slightly with characters as they grow ?

Good point!

I'm going to (as usual) use the Fallout system.

In the game Fallout New Vegas, for every other time you level up, you have the chance to add a single stat point to your stats (or choose a perk, but that doesn't apply here). So, for example, preforming two successful actions will allow a character to add a single point to their S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats.

So, next time Marcus makes a successful move, he adds a point to his stats.

Its a little slow going, but it works.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Ahh ok that sounds good and a balanced way of doing it ..
would rather it go bit slow give time to consider how to apply stat point when get them along with keeping it realistic on char growth ..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thats good to know. I am adding a little for the aftermath. Just my reaction since I figure Alan will be the one to go to her. Are we going to keep track of that NightAngelus or should we?
edit on 10-6-2014 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Thats good to know. I am adding a little for the aftermath. Just my reaction since I figure Alan will be the one to go to her. Are we going to keep track of that NightAngelus or should we?

Successful actions? I'll keep track of that.

That's my job as storyteller.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Sue-Lin is sitting on the ground just ahead. She is the ninja bush.

Nice bit with the Lion.

P

edit on 10/6/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Thanks!

Sorry I've been off for a bit.

I've been drawing on the tablet.

Its Sandra, Alan, and Dorian in anime mode.

I'm seriously considering turning this story into a graphic novel.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join