It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what insane looks like

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I hate to say it but when he was talking about 22 yo virgin and sexually frustrated I know why. I listened he sounded loco the kinda loco that girls run from . Here we are again a mass shooting guns are the problem ? After listening to his manifesto and you cant tell there is some serious mental problems you need psychoanalyzed. He was mentally ill. Mass murders are a mental health issue .

Honestly with his money and lifestyle and he was a virgin . It was him not the girls . I have met some wacos in my days I am glad I never met him he takes the cake.

Watching the videos I could feel the crazy from him. And a cop a few weeks ago said what a kind kid he was.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

I am reading the manifesto now. In the beginning he states that she was on birth control pills when she became ill and the medicine she was taking rendered them useless. That is when she became pregnant. He says his parents must have been filled with happiness and pride the day he was born. Nowhere did it say that he wasn't wanted or that she tried to abort the pregnancy with pills herself.
edit on 5/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I can see where he is coming from: loneliness/lack of love are probably at the bottom of his state of mind. I would have thought that ATS members generally would allow themselves to feel some empathy for this poor lost Soul. Sure what he did was unpardonable but he isn't the first and wont be the last. All I want to say now is: If you out there think HE is evil then you live in a closet. Real evil hides itself under a rock and doesn't reveal itself in this way.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Should be further down. I think he did say something to the effect that it was an unwanted pregnancy. Telling your child that, means you do not want them. Now, you have to take the mental state of a child who wasn't wanted in the first place and her taking all these pills to avoid the pregnancy. As a child, how would you handle that? They obviously coped and dealt with the situation. Who told him? He is allegedly reminded every day of that.

I think his family plays a big part in this. If true, sounds like it was acted out, because of that laugh. His laugh was not real. His father is a director. Also convenient, a 144 page documentary has been already up about the memoirs of his life. Which, I have to say, seems intelligently written. Sounds like a publicity stunt for his father. Or, maybe even him.

That is my opinion though.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The reference of NRA was from one the victims parents "Chris". He shot him and the girls who were in a sorority on the campus while they were walking. So they alleged.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shema

I can see where he is coming from: loneliness/lack of love are probably at the bottom of his state of mind. I would have thought that ATS members generally would allow themselves to feel some empathy for this poor lost Soul. Sure what he did was unpardonable but he isn't the first and wont be the last. All I want to say now is: If you out there think HE is evil then you live in a closet. Real evil hides itself under a rock and doesn't reveal itself in this way.

I find a lot of the members of ATS quite empathetic on lots of things, but when one chooses this route as a way to fix what was broken.... empathy kind of takes a back seat. There are many here and in the world around us who suffer from the type of social anxiety this boy suffered from, yet they carry on and don't blame others for their current state. They realize it is something inside themselves that prevent them from forming close bonds to others whereas this boy blamed everyone around him for his situation.

He blamed nameless couples for his plight whenever he saw them holding hands or sharing a kiss. He blamed popular kids in school for his not having a girlfriend even if those kids never crossed his path directly. It was everyone else... not him. He seethed with hatred for anyone he saw that he himself ASSumed was in a better predicament than him. He did this for years upon years. He did not want help. He wanted revenge and says as much when he was as young as 14.

Many could have had empathy well before he did what he did. Now the empathy lies mostly with the families, loved ones, and friends of those who suffered because he perceived things that simply were not so IMHO.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

I haven't seen a mention of him being unwanted yet. I am only on page 75 of 144 though. It may very well pop up somewhere near the end.

I was never told I was unwanted. But I was also an accident when my mother was on BC pills. While I may have been unwanted when it occurred, I have no doubt my parents love me. So far he seems to feel the same way..... so far.

It is well written, but I am struck every few sentences about how it's always about him. About how people walking together holding hands are unfair to him. About how he wants to find a way to outlaw sex for everyone since he can't have it. He wants a girlfriend so bad, yet he never speaks of an effort to get one. He says he goes places hoping someone will approach him... it's never him approaching. The whole thing is just weird to read in all honesty.

I figured upon starting it that I would see his situation more clearly and get some understanding, at this rate I just don't see it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I could be wrong, but his mother is taking pills during pregnancy and on birth control at the same time, that does not scream that she wants a child. Not to me anyway. And I am reading glimpses of this manifesto before and after work, I do not have the time, to read it thoroughly or go through it. Like you.

But what I am certain of, is how did he know that his mother at 0-5 took pills in the first place? Someone in his family told him. And he probably considers it, to be a rejection of his birth. Someone constantly reminded him about his birth on a daily basis or through life itself. Mother or father and possibility step-mother?

That is just my opinion.

**I do know, you have not made it to page 75. I have started reading today. You are skimming for answers because I am only on page 20 and that was only for today. And you stated, that you just started reading?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have empathy for may people with many problems .

When he chose to take another life for what ever the reason his mind concocted my empathy ends.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

I could be wrong, but his mother is taking pills during pregnancy and on birth control at the same time, that does not scream that she wants a child. Not to me anyway. And I am reading glimpses of this manifesto before and after work, I do not have the time, to read it thoroughly or go through it. Like you.

My mother didn't want another child. Lots of children are surprises to lots of parents but are loved the same as the ones planned for. Just because one is not trying, it doesn't mean you can't love what comes of it. His parents were Hollywood types with great careers... why not just have an abortion if you are disgusted that badly by the thought of a child. They did turn right around and have another a few years later as well.

And I am reading the manifesto so I feel like I can comment correctly on it if I choose to. I definitely didn't mean to irritate you by doing so. I understand some folks don't have the time. I do and am.

But what I am certain of, is how did he know that his mother at 0-5 took pills in the first place? Someone in his family told him. And he probably considers it, to be a rejection of his birth. Someone constantly reminded him about his birth on a daily basis or through life itself. Mother or father?

That is just my opinion.

Usually a parent tells a child later on in life that they may not have been as planned as other people's children, but they consider the whoops! an extra blessing because it meant you were really supposed to be here. I haven't seen anything about someone reminding him constantly that his mother was on BC pills when he was conceived. From what I have read so far, his mother went above and beyond to provide for him. Even paying his way through life while he takes one college course to avoid getting a job at almost 20 years old. The only thing she has denied him thus far, is remarrying a millionaire so he can claim that family as his new one.

I am not trying to argue anything. I am only stating what I have read so far in his own words (allegedly). There's no doubt he was screwed up and like most parents... I am quite sure they were not the picture of perfection all of the time, but I do think they tried to help him the best way they knew how. Sometimes people are just bad and it isn't always the parent's fault.
edit on 5/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britster1821
a reply to: NiteNGale2

You beat me to it...and more articulated, I might add.

But yes, Fission, read the manifesto, if you have time. It's baffling, to say the least. Damn near shook my head off my neck.

I also want to point out that the word, "Skateboarder," stood out to me a lot. I'm not that old, but back in my day, we just called them "skaters." Avril Lavigne made her debut with Skater Boy around the same time...who the heck says skateboarder? In reading that entire thing, that word stuck out to me a lot. I have not heard that word since I was a kid in the 90's.
Am I the only one slightly bothered by this?

I commented on this on another thread on this same topic. I still caor't believe that I actually read all 140 pages. Like the videos, the document sounded like a poorly written script for a high school film class. It all looks extremely contrived and poorly scripted. As I said before, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Can this man be so disconnected from reality that he is completely incapable of natural human emotion. He displays no ennui, no controlled rage, not even subtle emotion. He describes himself as small and weak. He shows no agressive emotion. He states that he didn't like his thug roomates and had been in several altercations with them, yet this short, weak man was able to calmly kill three large thugs single handed with a knife.

I am with you on this one. Nothing about this sounds or feels right.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
From 0-5, things began to go wrong.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am not going to watch the videos since I don't have a desire to start my day today with anger...although I read parts of his manifesto.

It's true that something was seriously off mentally with him, no question, BUT he is *also* the product of a broken/twisted "Hollywood society" where you are told all you need for success in life is $300 sun glasses, designer clothes and a beamer.

Pair that with odd education (parents possibly failing to teach real values) and mental problems, the result is a person who got all those superficial things and cannot understand for the life of it why a beamer, decent looks, $300 sun glasses are not everything it needs to be successful in life.

The entire insanity of him culminates and should be more than obvious reading that he later on was convinced that he would need to win the Powerball and then all would fall in place since wealth would be what he needed.

THIS is exactly the result of a society where s*!t like this is actually preached as soon as you turn on the TV.

A society where the idea that it TAKES MORE than designer sunglasses to become a person seems to be forgotten.
A society where REAL values (human values) are replaced with materialism. A society where people don't even consider that for a relationship, friends etc. it needs OTHER things than designer clothing, a BMW or a bunch of money.

I have reason to believe he was brought up like that. We KNOW this is what media etc teaches...but I am sure that the parents also play a role here long with his fake Hollywood society where he was brought up in. TBH, it's actually astonishing there are not more cases like him. There probably are..but of course they are not "public"..it's those psychopaths/ultra-narcissist we don't know about...those people who may snap some time in the future, the future CNN headlines.

edit on 5/25/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The more I read the more I am shocked that he didn't seek his "revenge" before now. He is seemingly filled with an inordinate amount of hate. I do find it hard to believe that people weren't afraid of him unless he kept his rage better hidden than most.

From his manifesto:

"My two housemates were nice, but they kept inviting over this friend of theirs named Chance. He was black boy who came over all the time, and I hated his cocksure attitude. Inevitably, a vile incident occurred between me and him. I was eating a meal in the kitchen when he came over and started bragging to my housemates about his success with girls. I couldn’t stand it, so I proceeded to ask them all if they were virgins. They all looked at me weirdly and said that they had lost their virginity long ago. I felt so inferior, as it reminded me of how much I have missed out in life. And then this black boy named Chance said that he lost his virginity when he was only thirteen! In addition, he said that the girl he lost his virginity to was a blonde white girl! I was so enraged that I almost splashed him with my orange juice. I indignantly told him that I did not believe him, and then I went to my room to cry. I cried and cried and cried, and then I called my mother and cried to her on the phone.

"How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves. I deserve it more. I tried not to believe his foul words, but they were already said, and it was hard to erase from my mind. If this is actually true, if this ugly black filth was able to have sex with a blonde white girl at the age of thirteen while I’ve had to suffer virginity all my life, then this just proves how ridiculous the female gender is. They would give themselves to this filthy scum, but they reject ME? The injustice!"

"Females truly have something mentally wrong with them. Their minds are flawed, and at this point in my life I was beginning to see it. The more I explored my college town of Isla Vista, the more ridiculousness I witnessed. All of the hot, beautiful girls walked around with obnoxious, tough jock-type men who partied all the time and acted crazy. They should be going for intelligent gentlemen such as myself. Women are sexually attracted to the wrong type of man. This is a major flaw in the very foundation of humanity. It is completely and utterly wrong, in every sense of the word."

It's disturbing throughout, but amps up (unbelievably) even more around page 80. Things like this are peppered through the entire thing. This is probably just one of many reasons he couldn't find someone to be with. His attitude seemed to doom him from the get go, but he is blind to it. He couldn't fathom even for a second that his personality may have something to do with his girl issues. It was the fault of everyone who had already lost their virginity or had a girlfriend.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The not-quite-as disturbing part about all of this, although still FUBAR, is that there are apparently 'communities' out there that share this 'females are flawed and thus are garbage, but I still want them' rhetoric this loon believed. ('Involuntary celibacy,' why the hell is this a term)

I actually encountered one of them a week or so ago when reddit made a female-focused subforum one of the defaults that shows up for you unless you change your settings. This 'mens' rights' subforum on there was raging about it so I took a look at it, and it was filled with things along the lines of what this psycho believed. (he may have been a member of it, he did participate in similar sites)

They, of course have a topic about this murderer and the first post I see is questioning whether there is any difference between the psycho and a 'hypergamous girl.' ('hypergamous' according to the dictionary means someone who marries into an equal or higher caste or social group, but who knows what definition these people have for it.)

Kind of scary that there are people like that out there, even worse that they are forming little cabals online.

edit on 26-5-2014 by DaringDo because: Typo

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DaringDo

I agree that it is disturbing. I have been married for going on 18 years, so I guess I have been out of the pool too long to have realized that this was a growing thing.

It's almost like we are reverse evolving into something worse than cavemen. People are no longer ashamed to admit things like this out in the open and by doing that they are gaining momentum it seems.

It's a bit frightening really. We will be growling and eating our own in a few decades if this pace keeps up.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
Can you cite this statistic for me?

It's very curious since 1 billion is a 7th of the population of the whole planet.

I know, a shock right? The actual number when you include DV, murder, forced suicide, forced prostitution, rape ,sexual crime of all variants and then child rape stats is much higher and you can visit WHO ( WHO Report, 1997) yourself for a nation by nation breakdown. All up, a billion is an underestimation and it is more likely that over half the worlds population have been abused. Almost all, 90%, of abuse vics are women/identifying as female. Almost 98% of offenders, men. * same WHO report

The figures nation to nation sway between 10% in NZ to 25% of female population in the USA. That is a quarter of the the entire female population of the USA has been raped abused or experienced DV' in last year.

I search the WHO site for the report I saw, but here are some others meantime.

# At least 1 in 3 women, or up to one billion women, have been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in their lifetimes. Ending Violence against Women, L Heise, M Ellsberg, M Gottemoeller, 1999

#International research consistently demonstrates that a woman is more likely to be assaulted, injured, raped, or killed by a current or former partner than by any other person. Findings from nearly 80 population-bases studies indicate that between 10% and 60% of women who have ever been partnered have experienced at least one incident of physical violence from a current or former partner. Ellsberg & Heise, 2005, WHO multi-country study on women's health and domestic violence/Special Eurobarometer 344, Domestic Violence Against Women Report, September 2010

Hear that? 10-60 %^ of women, ever partnered..have been abused.

Ro.

edit on 26-5-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
No kiss at 22 and 2 years of college? Blame others for life's woes? Please.

I moved homes 13x before I was in college (2 military parents) which meant I had no friends and no social skills. Hell, I still don't. And don't care. I didn't lose my virginity or kiss a girl till I was 24, and I went through 6 grueling years of college.

But my life doesn't revolve around others and I was SO DIRT POOR for most of it (wore the same 3 shirts for a year once and didn't even have a cell phone + plan until I was 23), so the time never really hit me and it was never a goal to have sex. My goal was simply to survive and change my destiny. I never ogled girls and did have girls hit on me but never followed up because I was so destitute and felt pathetic. I never met someone that interested me enough to push my comfort boundaries until 24. Now my passive income is triple that of my previous minimum wage job and growing exponentially as my company expands. I will become what I always dreamed of. Ambition keeps you alive and wanting to get to tomorrow more than any other driving force. It's stirs an excitement deep within the soul.

I could never blame someone else for what happened to me, even my piss poor parents and their fcked up careers and divorce. It's not like they did it intentionally to fck me. Life is life. Don't pray for an easy one, pray for the strength to endure a hard one - as Bruce Lee said.

This kid focused way too much on deriving happiness and simple pleasures from others like a parasite. He needed to set some real goals other than "hope to win the lottery". That is such an ode to this generation tho. Want everything handed to them the easy way. RIP, big baby.
edit on 26-5-2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
He seems to be trying very hard to be poetic. Like a failed actor stuck on a movie set.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Elliot had a serious case of a major first world problem: Gone mental.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join