It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what insane looks like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

He then went on to randomly kill 6 people and injure another 13. This is about sex? Really? He didn't think about paying for it when all else failed, instead of a killing spree?

Wow

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There is def something fundamentally wrong with youth these days....

There has always been the issue of sociopaths and psychopaths through out history.......

But you see the narcissism now days in the younger generations, and its much much much worse then it use to be.

The genie is out of the bottle and I dont know that we can ever get it back into it again......

My thoughts go out to the families and the family of this young man.......

+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
ah yeah there is something wrong, this kid was loaded, he drove a beamer, his old man was the assistant producer on one of the biggest teen movies at this point in time. to quote Eddie Murphy "he would have had # hitting him in the street like freebies"
I'm not buying it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I think the society expects a lot from teens today and the media as well puts a lot of pressure on them.Kids are supposed to be beautiful ,smart,successful,healthy,tough,artistic,cool,etc,,, they are also expected to be able to attract the opposite sex in a snap...So what do you expect from a rich spoiled kid who thinks he is all that , or a poor hopeless kid who thinks he is nothing,when they hear too many NOs from the others,specially the opposite sex.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There is something wrong with society in general, old people are also killing (shooting sprees)for no apparent reason. At least this kid left us some video or a way into his thinking. Lurking in a park won't get you laid, being a general creep you would think won't get you laid but this isn't always true.

I did see narcissism in his video and most I have known with severe mental illness showed this characteristic...

+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur

I think the society expects a lot from teens today and the media as well puts a lot of pressure on them.Kids are supposed to be beautiful ,smart,successful,healthy,tough,artistic,cool,etc,,, they are also expected to be able to attract the opposite sex in a snap...So what do you expect from a rich spoiled kid who thinks he is all that , or a poor hopeless kid who thinks he is nothing,when they hear too many NOs from the others,specially the opposite sex.

YOu mean everything they expect out of every generation ?

They dont expect them to be anything more then generations past...

IMHO society expects LESS out of the younger generation then before, they are handed everything these days and THAT is the problem..

When they dont get what they want, they throw a fit, sometimes that fit involves killing people that didnt give them what they wanted...

+7 more 
posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I don't buy into the "something wrong with the youth today" argument. They didn't create the world we are leaving them, the older generation did. Every animal species we keep in zoos or confined go insane and become a danger or threat more so than normal, well folks we live in a zoo.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
ah yeah there is something wrong, this kid was loaded, he drove a beamer, his old man was the assistant producer on one of the biggest teen movies at this point in time. to quote Eddie Murphy "he would have had # hitting him in the street like freebies"
I'm not buying it.

I find this comment very interesting because, in a sense, you are saying almost exactly what he was saying.

The idea that being rich, semi famous and good looking is all you need. That's all it should take to have the ladies flocking to your side. I reality it's a far more subtle and instinctual thing. Some like this young man, learn over time to mask the outward signs and some don't. It was likely that anyone who got near this young man could feel that there was something terribly wrong about him.

Penny

(post by smithjustinb removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I thought he made some good points.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: shapur

YOu mean everything they expect out of every generation ?

They dont expect them to be anything more then generations past...

IMHO society expects LESS out of the younger generation then before, they are handed everything these days and THAT is the problem..

When they dont get what they want, they throw a fit, sometimes that fit involves killing people that didnt give them what they wanted...

Biggest difference I can see from today's and the youth of the past is all the psychotropic drugs some are given from an early age... Have to wonder if he was or has been on them for some long stretch of his life ?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Watching the videos it's clear he had mental issues.
This also proves to me that money can't buy you everything.
He was plain evil, and this was premeditated. He even wrote a 144 page manifesto planning on torturing and killing people.

I don't think his therapists and parents were doing a good job. This could have been avoided if they had noticed how seriously disturbed he was.
His FB page is full of selfies, and nothing else.
That's another red flag right there.

edit on 25/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I don't buy into the "something wrong with the youth today" argument. They didn't create the world we are leaving them, the older generation did. Every animal species we keep in zoos or confined go insane and become a danger or threat more so than normal, well folks we live in a zoo.

Sad because we put ourselves in this zoo because we no longer discipline our children because of the fear of going to prison, our own children have become our own enemy.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

i disagree to be honest... drugs have been around since the dawn of time for anybody to take... i lay the blame at processed foods door. the more we process foods, the worse our society gets. i don't think it has anything to do with drugs at all. but nice try at laying the blame at drugs door again despite no evidence for it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I wish humanity would evolve or move away from violence to solve problems.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny

i disagree to be honest... drugs have been around since the dawn of time for anybody to take... i lay the blame at processed foods door. the more we process foods, the worse our society gets. i don't think it has anything to do with drugs at all. but nice try at laying the blame at drugs door again despite no evidence for it.

I like your answer add pollution and all the chemicals we ingest, you think fruits and veggies are any good for us once its repeatedly soaked in petro chemicals, this might play a role in how society is.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Do you understand the word Psychotropic drugs.. There are plenty of articles where the past shooters were or had been prescribed the drugs from an early age.. There are even a few threads on ATS with linked articles. You want drugs you do them... you want you kids on them you go for it; you choice and life.

Either way myself and my children when growing up, the prescribing of mind altering drugs was not in every school or pushed by doctors when parents could not handle a normal 2 or 4 year old. When I grew up people took guns to school and were on the shooting team.. Never heard of a rifle team member going postal.. Most of the shooting I can remember were between cops and B.G.s or some bar fight that goes into overdrive between some drunks..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: smithjustinb

I wish humanity would evolve or move away from violence to solve problems.

How do you suggest we handle people like this? Wait till they run out of ammo?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

being patronising helps nobody.

yes, what you say is true, but if you changed the words "psychotropic drugs" to "processed foods", a whole lot might make more sense.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

being patronising helps nobody.

yes, what you say is true, but if you changed the words "psychotropic drugs" to "processed foods", a whole lot might make more sense.

The processed foods and the chemicals they use as preservatives in them is something we can agree on as being not exactly helpful for a healthy life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join