It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien/UFO Base off the coast of Malibu?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's just compensatory polygons generated by Google's GIS stuff, right?

It's just doing the best it can to render what we point it at?

So, tidal errosion?

Thanks, Phage.

edit on 23-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For the record, I'm not claiming this guy is right that this is a cave or a base. There is nothing definitive here about some low res images from Google Earth. In fact I don't see a base. I just see something which I can't explain, and since the guy claims it's UFO related for some reason, I figured this was the place to post it.

Whether it's a cave, base or a natural formation, I find it absolutely fascinating. Any geologists out there seen things like this underwater before? Some picture of examples would really put things in perspective maybe. I have very little knowledge of geology, so this is out of my league.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The anomalous vertical lines are a result of the software trying to render images where information is incomplete or erroneous. Lower resolution images will result in more unusual anomalies. Without supporting evidence, jumping on the USO Base bandwagon is completely insane. If there WAS anything man-made down there (Which I am doubting very much.), there's a more realistic chance it would be US Military, rather than alienz. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, kids.

EDIT: And yes, BIN is a complete joke that should be laughed at & ignored & never taken seriously. Such A Fail Part II.
edit on 23-5-2014 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I just scanned the whole area connected to that "site" with GE running on a fairly poewerful machine.

I would encourage anyone that can do so to go and check it out.

The "site" we are looking at in GE is part of Mugu Canyon, and as far as I can tell, it is the only part of the little region that renders those colums so distinctly. Along with the "roof" and I am thinking this has to be an intentional prank.

I dunno, it's damn trippy.

ETA: It's not in Mugu Canyon, it seperates Mugu and Dume Canyons.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
I just scanned the whole area connected to that "site" with GE running on a fairly poewerful machine.

The original images however, are rendered in low-res with anomalous/missing information, so a state of the art processor with a good video card and RAM, would still view the same thing. As trippy as it is, it still ain't much to go on. Certainly not anything that screams aliens or conspiracy.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor

Agreed, it screams more like, "Google Earth and GIS are cool!", with a small side order of 'whoa'.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Would a US Military underwater base surprise me?...Not really. As high as the annual budget is, I'd hope they are investing in technology to protect the shorelines that our foreign enemies aren't privy to.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This "structure" adds yet another layer of mystery to the coastal area of southern California. Lots of ATS threads in recent years regarding strange lights over the Pacific, concussions and "booms!" coming from over the Ocean. Then of course, there's the famous Military vs UFO "Battle of Los Angeles" that was covered by the media in the mid 20th century. WOW.

But, if UFO's can cross a continent in minutes and withstand extreme pressure, why would "they" build a base so close to such a densely populated area? They could place one 12,000 feet under water off the Australian coast (where flight MH370 went missing) and still get to anyplace on the planet in less time than it takes to make a baby! No?
-cwm

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Shouldn’t they call up the feds and tell them?

If there were really some kind of humongous base there the feds, unless they are in on it, would have conniption fits and be all over that area.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
whatever happened to that big round disk under water that someone found and it looked like it had skid along the bottom of the ocean.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If you guys knew anything about "heightmaps" you would understand how ridiculously stupid this topic is.

en.wikipedia.org...

Obviously the heightmap in the area of concern is of low quality or has artifacts / bad compression etc. which makes this odd formation we see.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
whatever happened to that big round disk under water that someone found and it looked like it had skid along the bottom of the ocean.

It turned out to be a rock.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
well I agree that that formation is natural. I've fished right over that spot before and caught rock fish, so there is something missing in the data if it shows it as a totally flat mesa like area. other wise I wouldn't be catching skulpin, barberpole, staryeye, pacific snapper etc... I would be catching sand bass, calico and halibut if that was a nice flat sandy mesa.

Also, never saw a UFO in the water there once while fishing. It is near a military base and the navy does have 688 ssn patrolling the area. Its also where lockheed tested their stealth ship. Lots of military bombing and SF training on an island a little north of that formation. Anacapa is that small 3 island chain to the north west of that formation. Fishermen fish there all the time as the bite is legendary there. SO fishing boats with their meters are sailing day and night over that rock formation and never noticed anything?

I'm agreeing with phage on this one, for once what phage said was actually rational and made sense ...like that never happens.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Do I remember a thread a few years back (from when I was reading up about secret Nazi sub bases in Antarctica) that someone said there was a secret US Navy deep sea sub base that came in from off the coast of CA (under a huge sea shelf)through HUGE tunnels all the way to the Central US in a Deep Underground Base??? hmmmm.... Anything is possible I guess....

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
...LOL...or it's an ancient magma breach that's solidified into a massive stone structure (see Enchanted Rock, Stone Mountain, Ayer's Rock, etc.) What a bunch of crap it is to see what you want to see, then have a website that allows you to spout your opinions to the masses as if it's fact, to be accepted at face value by those less intelligent people around the world.

Until these internet/radio nerds get off their asses and go snorkeling over it, I'm calling this whole story BS.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

I don't care where the information came from, actually... It's information, and it's just as valuable as any other information until dis-proven.

Any evidence coming from BIN is nowhere near credible, and you should care where the info comes from since that is the difference between Denying Ignorance and promoting it.

BIN promotes it with every article they write.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I know it's most likely a low-res graphical glitch, but it did remind me of those huge submarine pens the Germans built in WW2:

Link

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This was one of the threads I was referring to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wanted to mention this because I think that it is easy to forget. If you go back to the last page and look at those images I posted and look at that sort of "central portal" between the innermost "columns"?

The GE measuring system puts it at nearly 8,300 feet.

That's about a mile and a half.

edit on 24-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join