It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality May Start in the Womb

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf
At least we know that Aids, std's are biological,
. . . seems that mother nature is homophobic too.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf
Well, actually mother nature then seems heterophobic, at least in southern and eastern Africa (which has 98 percent of the global HIV/AIDS epidemic).
In South Africa we have six million infected people, and they are vastly heterosexuals, with heterosexual women bearing the brunt of infections (60 percent), although it is largely spread by heterosexual male behavior.
And yet, homophobia blossoms in many African societies highly affected by HIV/AIDS.
This just shows that homophobia doesn't solve anything.

edit on 22-5-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Gay Community Won Battles on Marriage,
But May Be Losing the War on HIV/AIDS :
usnews/article/gay-communit y/losing-war-on-hivaids
Mother nature seems to be homophobic after all.

gov/hiv/statistics
Truth hurts

The consequences can not be ignored, nor brushed under the rug.
Diluting the problem with pixy dust is not going to make
the hard facts disappear deary, the health burden on society is serious.

edit on 22/5/14 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf
While it's ridiculous to say that "Mother nature" is homophobic, considering that HIV/AIDS in Western countries (even in disproportionally affected communities) are but a fraction of the infected population we have in South Africa (who are heterosexuals), I think there is lots of work to be done in Western and Northern gay communities.

However, one would then also have to say that Mother Nature is racist.
African Americans are vastly disproportionally affected in the US.
And also, when indigenous peoples were dying of smallpox and imported settler diseases, I suppose this was nature's way of being racially supremacist?
When Americans have higher rates of obesity, heart disease or diabetes than some other countries, I suppose this is also the will of Mother Nature?
No, we can address those diseases with political will, public health policies and education.

For the first time now I'm seeing white heterosexuals coming out as HIV-positive in my community, and playing the numbers game with this virus is very dangerous.
It leads to people being over-confident because they think they are not at risk.
Heterosexuals are also at risk.
Even on an Oprah show from the US I saw 5 middle-aged heterosexual white women who were infected by the same man.
People hit small odds every day.
Everybody is at risk.

Fortunately science has brought treatments and mother-to-child transmissions or blood transfusions are now statistically very low-risk to obsolete.
I thank many gay activists for that.

HIV/AIDS is probably no longer the top concern for deadly viruses.

Nevertheless, I'd still encourage low-risk sexual activities, rather than a constant condom or abstinence message.

But yes, HIV/AIDS is probably a struggle various peoples will fight for the foreseeable future, although it can be reduced or managed, and it's not the worst viral situation imaginable.
That would be an airborne virus, such as often associated with the meat industry.

At least science has addressed HIV/AIDS and reduced it.
It's done more than simplistic finger-pointing and capitalizing on the tragic and horrific deaths of wonderful people.

edit on 23-5-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I enjoy the music so much!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: candlestick

IIRC . . . a mother carrying a boy . . .

WHO has a LOT OF STRESS the first trimester

has a 20% greater than average chance of raising a homosexual son.

Nevertheless . . . just as with predispositions to alcoholism, smoking, obesity . . .

predispositions do not force a drink into the hand; a cigarette into the mouth or food down the hatch.
Stuff gets forced into my hand and I don't mind at all.

My Mom was a stress bag, but was that mostly after having us boys?
Anyway, I am 99.1624% strait, but that 0.8376% tells me being bisexual would be WAY more funner.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Ok so basically brain sex is a great book to explain the differences in the sexing of a developing child

And gives case studies to make its case.

It makes a lot if sense and is worth the trip to the library to pick it up

It helped me a lot to understand my own feelings growing up.

Now to the belief thing

The "left" wants to make it all about equality therefore anything that promotes unequal things

Like the differences in the way brains and bodies work between men and women.

They refuse to belief or accept

And the "right" refuses to believe the sexual orientation of a person is not choice or some type of Confusion.

But was instilled before birth

if the would both just understand the the sexes are nit equal and thats ok

And some of us fall into the grey areas and thats ok

And it was all determined before our birth and thats ok

And once we accept these b as sic precepts life will be much easier all around

And thats great!
edit on am520143104America/ChicagoSat, 24 May 2014 04:16:08 -0500_5u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

Ok so basically brain sex is a great book to explain the differences in the sexing of a developing child

And gives case studies to make its case.

It makes a lot if sense and is worth the trip to the library to pick it up

Already made a reservation on public library website.

It helped me a lot to understand my own feelings growing up.

So...are you gay?

The "left" wants to make it all about equality therefore anything that promotes unequal things

And the "right" refuses to believe the sexual orientation of a person is not choice or some type of Confusion.

Know both of them are wrong long time ago...

And some of us fall into the grey areas and thats ok And it was all determined before our birth and thats ok And once we accept these b as sic precepts life will be much easier all around

I just thinking human homophobia may related with offensive judgmentalism ,that kind of people always love to judge the morality of others,most of internet name calling did by this kind of people.
To believe "I am a saint,you are a devil "is a very effective attack program .

Human is a kind of very aggressive animal .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join