It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We already do, time-travel that is...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I love discovering little known facts. Like for instance did you know that it is impossible for a crying person to continue crying, whether child or adult, while looking upwards.

Another little realized fact is that we humans have a natural ability to travel through time. In fact you would be surprised, I'm sure, to learn that a lot of people rarely live in the present, they spend much of their lives living in the past. They live like this in their mind.

Yes, we cannot time-travel physically, but ultimately there is no difference. Travelling through time via the mind is what you would be doing even if you were in your body inside some sort of machine or whatever, don't you see?

Without a mind to bring everything together physical reality could not exist. Life is not orderly, mind is. Life is chaotic without mind to control and organize it. The mind may intentionally allow chaos to reign under controlled circumstances - one example is during a rocket blast-off being as it is a controlled explosion of highly volatile materials - primarily the mind is concerned with creating order out of chaos and maintaining it.

There are without any doubt countless things we can achieve and create with our minds that we don't even think about. We focus on what is outside of us. The fact is what is outside of us is created, put together and held in place by our amazing minds.

This is what the 'conspiracy is really all about. 'They' keep us focused and concerned about the physical aspects of our lives and conspire to keep us ignorant of the fact that mind creates you and you are mind. You self-create.

Sadly, we all end up self-destructing as a result of our ignorance. We are held in thrall by the magnificence of creation little realizing that we are the creators.

The beautiful part is that we are beginning to wake up to our true potential. Don't you just love it.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Interesting thought. I wanted to comment that for some really strange reason I cannot place, I feel as if I have jumped from 2008 to 2014 overnight. I'm completely baffled by it. Is it something that happens as we get older? Time going by that fast? I've asked others about how they have perceived time over the past year or two and all verbal feedback is "time is flying by". This is from people younger than me as well so I don't know.

I asked myself why 2008? It's because it sticks in my mind. That is the year I feel I'm in. I don't write it down or anything but I see it everywhere ever since realizing this (fully acknowledging it). Articles I read, movies I watch, memories my kids and I talk about. It's the last year I sense time was going at a normal speed. That sounds crazy so please know, I don't mean for it to sound that way but it's hard to describe. I can't put my finger on it. It isn't physical or psychological. I've had lots of feedback on that by choice. Deemed healthy.

We have all of this stuff in between - all of this living we have done. Trips, school, work, holidays, love, growing, etc., yet it's as if all of that happened in a days time - not even a day - a flash of time. It's been bothering me quite a lot. No one wants to feel as if that many years have gone by in a moments time, as if lost.

I've decided if I feel I've kept forward 6 years in the blink of an eye, I will will turn my age back too and deem myself 6 years younger (in my mind). I have to make something positive out of it:-).

I will say, if we time travel it would not be received well by people unless they are fully cognizant of it. It would be disorienting, and who knows how it would manifest in people's thinking and behavior. When I think of time travel I think of back to the future or that Meg Ryan movie (Leopold something or another). I sense it wouldn't be that way. It might not be possible for it to be that way.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Thanks for your thoughts. I feel that time, or our concept of time, is playing tricks with us but I don't think I can say why exactly except it probably is a result of our states of denial. I would agree that it probably isn't healthy. Wait! you said 'deemed healthy', I mis-read that. Therefore I disagree and suggest that it is not healthy.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Shema because: error

edit on 20-5-2014 by Shema because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2014 by Shema because: error

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shema

No - I meant I am deemed healthy. I don't have any mental disorders nor any brain abnormalities that could explain why I've sensed a loss of 6 years time. There are conditions that could cause such perceptions but I don't have anything at all to explain it. No comatose state either. I've been fully present and participate in life as always so it's weird.

Unless most people have sensed time speeding up it must be something that simply happens to random people from time to time. I'll need to look into it. It's not a good feeling at all. If anything I want to travel back in time, not forward (unless I can pop back to the present). I am not even sure how to measure time to see how I can look back a year from now to see if this next year goes just as fast. If I purposefully try to slow it down I wonder...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You said it is not a good feeling which pretty well underlines my own feeling that these time-tricks are an unhealthy indication of our mind states in this modern day.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It may be that we have had just enough of a variation with day to day life that it shifts our perception. Trying to figure it out is pointless though. It is indeed a trick or mystery of the mind. If you figure out a way to control it more let me know. I would like to hear some ideas.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Isn't that the theory in the new X-men movie "Days of Future Pasts," where they wake up in their younger bodies because it's their minds that travel to the past? That's always how I've viewed time travel, or mind travel how I call it. Also, it is the same theory in the movie "The Butterfly Effect."

For that to happen, and this is what I believe based on personal experiences as well as my research, the past, present and future have to be happening simultaneously, just like it was explained in the movie "MIB III" but the fifth dimensional being. All realities and all times (past present and future) are happening now, we are just tuned to one channel, the present.

Another theory that I believe is that if we get to travel to the past, be it physically or mentally, and we get to interact there, and let's say you kill your father there, your father won't stop existing in the present, just like it's portrait in movies. You're just creating a different reality without your father in it from that point on. The same applies if you go back in time and kill your father before you were born. You will still exist.
The reason I say that is, as per science, when we look at the stars, we are looking at the past because those stars are already gone and their lights just take longer to get to us because of the great distance they have to travel. The same applies, in my opinion, to time travel.

So, yes, I believe time travel is real and it's happening, just like the OP stated.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shema
I love discovering little known facts. Like for instance did you know that it is impossible for a crying person to continue crying, whether child or adult, while looking upwards.

Really??? I've never heard that before. Do you have to be sitting or standing and looking up for it to work???? As opposed to just lying on your back and looking up that is.

Why can't you cry while looking up???

Somehow that just doesn't seem valid, but I'll have to try it now just to find out.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

What about those in a comatose or vegetative state, who are, for all intents and purposes, brain-dead?

If the world exists solely as a manifestation of our mind's ability to find patterns and create order out of the chaos it receives as sensory input, are those whose minds have ceased to function "living" at all?

Metaphysically, do they exist within a world?

How easy it is to believe that the mind is the heart of reality, when you forget that many exist whose minds are not capable of functioning on the same level as you or I, if at all.

There's a very interesting book, by the author Dan Simmons, called The Hollow Man that deals precisely with the question I've raised. While I don't necessarily agree with Simmon's conclusion, reading the book certainly opened my mind (no pun intended) to the deeper aspects of this philosophy.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

The thought of the body being like a camera or filter I think is interesting and useful for reminders of perspective and such like ...

Considering the mind to be the actual 'creator' of reality though has some dangerous connotations and possible conclusions. Personally, I think it's pretty clear that reality exists independent of us, but with no real meaning without us. Without that grounding in reality there is the capability to become quite self centred.

Perhaps this is why Scientology is often popular with the rich and famous. It's a doctrine that promotes the idea that you control reality. This is incredibly enticing for Tom Cruise, but not so enticing or reassuring for a person who is about to be executed for a crime they didn't commit.

Dianec: time is all about perception and information density. As you get older, you're not absorbing as much information, you're less interested, and you skip a lot of details. If you focus on being 'present' and absorbing the experience around you constantly I've found it can make time appear slower. It's also just relative time. You've experience more of 'it' so it's less significant.

There is some really interesting books on it, but the names elude me just now.

When you ask most persons who are above a certain age the will say time is passing quicker but it's pretty relative. I remember when school holidays used to seem like a fairly significant amount of time to me. Now six months isn't that much!

Side note: fun topic btw OP! Stars and flags and such like.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Pinke because: Side note

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Time DOES seem to be going really fast. My wife and I talk about it. It seems like 2004 it started and turned into 2014 very quickly. Whenever I'm doing something, the clock just speeds by and the next thing I know, everybody is going to bed. I don't know where it goes. Days seem very short. I don't know if that's part of getting older(I'm 42) or what.

But I do live in the past; the 80's!

The music I listen to, the shows I watch.....

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

One of my favorite books deals with time, it is called Einstiens Dreams by Alan Lightman. It examines how people view time.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Life is not chaotic, there are many laws such as gravity and cause and effect.

If anything, it is the mind that is chaotic because it can daydream and choose to be anywhere away from here.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What we need to do is go back in time to inhabit our childhood bodies with our current knowledge and memories intact. We could then avoid the mistakes that have shaped this timeline. For example, trickle down economics.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Really??? I've never heard that before. Do you have to be sitting or standing and looking up for it to work???? As opposed to just lying on your back and looking up that is.

Why can't you cry while looking up???

Somehow that just doesn't seem valid, but I'll have to try it now just to find out.

Yes do try it but you might find it easier to try it on a crying baby. Get it to look up, not so easy if it is lying down, and it will stop crying. It wont cry again until it looks back down.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe
Wandering Scribe, it is my belief that individual mind- states differ according to one's ability to access 'mind-stuff'.

Mind-stuff? Think about it.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Pinke, I would say to you that just because something holds dangerous connotations and possible conclusions to some individuals doesn't mean it is not valid or true. There certainly are potential dangers lurking for the self-centered and greedy amongst us and this is possibly the justification felt by those who conspire to keep us all ignorant as to our true potential.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Life is not chaotic, there are many laws such as gravity and cause and effect.

If anything, it is the mind that is chaotic because it can daydream and choose to be anywhere away from here.

When the mind is daydreaming and choosing to be anywhere away from here it is idly attempting to create its reality on a ineffective and impotent level because it is not getting precise information from the individual as to what it ought to do to achieve something actual.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

What we need to do is go back in time to inhabit our childhood bodies with our current knowledge and memories intact. We could then avoid the mistakes that have shaped this timeline. For example, trickle down economics.

Why go back when we can avoid all those mistakes simply by starting again with a new system based on hindsight, and foresight.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Pinke, I would say to you that just because something holds dangerous connotations and possible conclusions to some individuals doesn't mean it is not valid or true.

I absolutely agree!

Though in this instance, I don't believe there is enough supporting evidence for it either, but I have a deep affection for the concept in fiction genres like sci-fi etc ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join