It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We already do, time-travel that is...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

It doesn't matter if someone is brain dead, they did not create my reality, I created theirs.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

originally posted by: Shema

a reply to: Pinke

Pinke, I would say to you that just because something holds dangerous connotations and possible conclusions to some individuals doesn't mean it is not valid or true.

I absolutely agree!

Though in this instance, I don't believe there is enough supporting evidence for it either, but I have a deep affection for the concept in fiction genres like sci-fi etc ...

Its a bit odd, pinke, but I see the evidence all about me. I can only wonder at what you might be seeing. Do you look?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shema

I don't think it's an entirely indefensible position, but I believe the simplest more elegant solution is that reality exists and my mind is making a rather imperfect model of it.

The concept that my mind created everyone around me and only I am here seems elaborate to me. Perhaps we are in a simulated reality? Then my mind is still interpreting reality within the simulation. It can be a complex thing to discuss! I suppose I would need to hear more about your thoughts and theories to really centre myself in comparison to them.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This talking about living in the past and such reminds me of a quote from The Sopranos. After Paulie was reminiscing about the past over and over Tony looks annoyed, so Paulie asks him what's wong? and Tony replies "Well, it's 'cause, uh, "remember when" is the lowest form of conversation."

This upsets me because I find myself doing this a lot. way to much. I gotta stop living in the past.

Another famous saying from AA is "If you have one foot in the past, and one in the future, you're pissing on the preset". Or something like that.

So I make it a point to try to live in the present. It's hard though, as my best memories of life are from when I was maybe 12-16 years old.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
Interesting thought. I wanted to comment that for some really strange reason I cannot place, I feel as if I have jumped from 2008 to 2014 overnight. I'm completely baffled by it. Is it something that happens as we get older? Time going by that fast? I've asked others about how they have perceived time over the past year or two and all verbal feedback is "time is flying by". This is from people younger than me as well so I don't know.

I asked myself why 2008? It's because it sticks in my mind. That is the year I feel I'm in. I don't write it down or anything but I see it everywhere ever since realizing this (fully acknowledging it). Articles I read, movies I watch, memories my kids and I talk about. It's the last year I sense time was going at a normal speed. That sounds crazy so please know, I don't mean for it to sound that way but it's hard to describe. I can't put my finger on it. It isn't physical or psychological. I've had lots of feedback on that by choice. Deemed healthy.

We have all of this stuff in between - all of this living we have done. Trips, school, work, holidays, love, growing, etc., yet it's as if all of that happened in a days time - not even a day - a flash of time. It's been bothering me quite a lot. No one wants to feel as if that many years have gone by in a moments time, as if lost.

I've decided if I feel I've kept forward 6 years in the blink of an eye, I will will turn my age back too and deem myself 6 years younger (in my mind). I have to make something positive out of it:-).

I will say, if we time travel it would not be received well by people unless they are fully cognizant of it. It would be disorienting, and who knows how it would manifest in people's thinking and behavior. When I think of time travel I think of back to the future or that Meg Ryan movie (Leopold something or another). I sense it wouldn't be that way. It might not be possible for it to be that way.

Thias is because you do less new things as you get older, your brain doesn't waste memory space remembering the same daily routine, which is why it seems like time flies by after you get out of school. Unless you're the type that is always trying new things. Keep your mind stimulated with new things and you'll find it appears as if time is slowing again.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out (still reading through the thread) But the reason I believe time starts to "fly" as you age is simply because as you age, a years time is actually less time in comparison to when you were young for example 1 year to a 4 year old is 1/4 of their life but 1 year to a 40 year old is 1/40 of their life therefore as you age your perception of time will change giving the illusion that time is going faster when its really not. This is just my opinion....thoughts?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

The concept that you create everyone around you and only you are here certainly is elaborate, as you put it, and it isn't what I am saying or suggesting. We are all here together, each of us in our own space and time but sharing the whole. It takes more than one to create order from the chaos that life intrinsically is, in fact the more the better especially if everyone works towards the same ultimate goals and in a weird twisted kind of way I think we all are, or would be if we were left to get on with it. Someone or thing controls us and directs us along pathways that we would not voluntarily go if we had the freedom to create our own reality. No single human creates a reality separate from everyone else. Many have tried.. We must come together, create together, without outside interference.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuprimori
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out (still reading through the thread) But the reason I believe time starts to "fly" as you age is simply because as you age, a years time is actually less time in comparison to when you were young for example 1 year to a 4 year old is 1/4 of their life but 1 year to a 40 year old is 1/40 of their life therefore as you age your perception of time will change giving the illusion that time is going faster when its really not. This is just my opinion....thoughts?

That's a reasonable take on it. I think too that we tend to chop out chunks of time that were boring or unpleasant by annexing these periods from our memory and so one's conception of time having passed compresses so that 6 months, say, seems like 2 months. Something like that anyway.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nola213
This talking about living in the past and such reminds me of a quote from The Sopranos. After Paulie was reminiscing about the past over and over Tony looks annoyed, so Paulie asks him what's wong? and Tony replies "Well, it's 'cause, uh, "remember when" is the lowest form of conversation."

This upsets me because I find myself doing this a lot. way to much. I gotta stop living in the past.

Another famous saying from AA is "If you have one foot in the past, and one in the future, you're pissing on the preset". Or something like that.

So I make it a point to try to live in the present. It's hard though, as my best memories of life are from when I was maybe 12-16 years old.

I would say that you are free to live in the past if that is where you prefer to be.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As much as I'd love to travel back in time with my mind alone, you'd have only what you've seen in pictures, books, and movies as a point of reference for how everything looked.

I personally would love to travel back to either the Battle of Thermopylae or the age of dinosaurs. How cool would it be to have a front row seat to yourself?

Without 100% accurate portrayals of history, for me it's impossible.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Also, our heads are in a different time zone than our feet... as in the further away from the center of gravity you are, the slower time flows... plus the delay in our senses registering the outside world means we're always a bit behind.

Thanks, Einstein.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Interesting. . .I've always thought that the mind interprets reality, rather than controls it. Then again, what is reality but what the mind creates? I don't think, however, that without the mind, reality would not exist. I also don't believe that we eventually cave to ignorance, but graduate to the next level, at least, this is what my mind tells me.

I love your post. It really shows a person who has ventured beyond the self several times.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Divine Strake
Interesting. . .I've always thought that the mind interprets reality, rather than controls it. Then again, what is reality but what the mind creates? I don't think, however, that without the mind, reality would not exist. I also don't believe that we eventually cave to ignorance, but graduate to the next level, at least, this is what my mind tells me.

I love your post. It really shows a person who has ventured beyond the self several times.

Well thank you, I'm pleased you found the thread interesting. Without mind to bring order to it only chaos would exist and I guess that could be called a kind of reality. That's my take anyway. I don't see how order, harmony, symmetry etc could come about unless there was mind to create it. Wherever there is total chaos mind is absent.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shema
I love discovering little known facts. Like for instance did you kni that it is impossible for a crying person to continue crying, whether child or adult, while looking upwards.

Another little realized fact is that we humans have a natural ability to travel through time. In fact you would be surprised, I'm sure, to learn that a lot of people rarely live in the present, they spend much of their lives living in the past. They live like this in their mind.

Yes, we cannot time-travel physically, but ultimately there is no difference. Travelling through time via the mind is what you would be doing even if you were in your body inside some sort of machine or whatever, don't you see?

Without a mind to bring everything together physical reality could not exist. Life is not orderly, mind is. Life is chaotic without mind to control and organize it. The mind may intentionally allow chaos to reign under controlled circumstances - one example is during a rocket blast-off being as it is a controlled explosion of highly volatile materials - primarily the mind is concerned with creating order out of chaos and maintaining it.

There are without any doubt countless things we can achieve and create with our minds that we don't even think about. We focus on what is outside of us. The fact is what is outside of us is created, put together and held in place by our amazing minds.

This is what the 'conspiracy is really all about. 'They' keep us focused and concerned about the physical aspects of our lives and conspire to keep us ignorant of the fact that mind creates you and you are mind. You self-create.

Sadly, we all end up self-destructing as a result of our ignorance. We are held in thrall by the magnificence of creation little realizing that we are the creators.

The beautiful part is that we are beginning to wake up to our true potential. Don't you just love it.
Can't cry while looking up. Who's kidding who here. This person obviously never had s two year old clamoring to be picked up . If you don't comply right away they can go on and on looking up at you and crying.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I suppose you are right to some degree, but I disagree on at least one point, which is that a physical brain is necessary to perceive or interact with reality. I do not know the physics behind it, but I believe intelligent, non-physical entities, do exist and can interact with the physical world.
edit on 5/24/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Let's say I was doing this on my own, how powerful would my mind have to be?

Is it pointless, perhaps I should move to a new universe, or just be kicked-out completley.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join