It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the astronauts be offended by a hoax...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup
Let's say you had a hole in one, but you were all by yourself when you did it. You told some people and someone says "I don't believe you." What would be your best reaction? To kick them out of your house? Sounds like you're trying to protect a lie rather than the truth.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Congratulations. That may be the worst analogy I've ever seen here. Try this - head over to the old vet's home and do a little mocking about WWII. Or maybe start a 'humorous' dialogue with an elderly Jewish immigrant with a numbered forearm tattoo about the holocaust hoax.

'Hahah, you mad, bro?'

Yeah some disrespectful jerks need their asses kicked. Hard.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrup

Almost all of them did not know who he was.
The knew that claims that the Apollo landings were hoaxed were being spread. Those claims required that the astronauts were liars.

"Under penalty of treason." What a jackass, claiming that his little show was legally binding. A highly obnoxious and offensive turd.

edit on 5/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I always believed they may have gone to the moon, but filmed it back here on earth just in case it all went tits up,
and the Russians never cried hoax when it happened, but Ive always had a problem with the Van allen belt part of the saga.
However, with the magnitude of the training involved and the epic challenge of the journey you can look at it two ways, they get pissed because of the insult of such an achievement, or it hurts being a liar.
edit on 19-5-2014 by zeevar because: wibble

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

And these analogies are supposed to be good? I'm merely speaking about "confidence" in something you acheived and you whiffed so hard as to think I was comparing Apollo to a hole in one, then, used WW2 and the Halocaust? I'm talking reactions here people. If I was a world war 2 vet and somebody told me I didn't go - and I did - I'd laugh (barring that it wasn't so traumatic that it brought up pain/suffering). Don't you understand that reacting in anger is a sign of weakness? Why are you angry? Because some random person doesn't believe you or that you're being made a fool because you know he's on to somethng? Quit whiffing on this intention of this thread.

edit on 19-5-2014 by cestrup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If I was a world war 2 vet and somebody told me I didn't go - and I did - I'd laugh.

Would you?
You must be a saint.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Look at the segment with Edgar Mitchell - starts around 41:30 but the bit I am referencing is around 46 minutes. He seems pretty clear and calm until SIbrel keeps getting up in his face.

I won't pursue this. All this attempt to say the Apollo programme was fake is just sheer nonsense. And you can talk about this until hell freezes over, and you're wrong.

He goes through with the ridiculous charade of swearing on the Bible - as if that means anything to any right-thinking person anyway! - and then tells Sibrel to get the hell out. And rightly so. I think Mitchell comes out of that rather well.

edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, well I'm not an angry man and most people aren't. What's funny? Each astronaut (again, if you watched the vid instead of running to the internet debunker forums) was very receptive and nice to Sibrel as he showed him his video and then instantly turned to anger as they comprehended his intentions. Like almost that instant. Just like when your hypothetical buddy finds out you're keen to his lie - and becomes awkwardly defensive (showing his cards).

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: zeevar
I always believed they may have gone to the moon, but filmed it back here on earth just in case it all went tits up

How on Earth could they have done that? The fake set would have had to match every little rock, every tiny crater of the actual landing site, which they wouldn't have known about until the LM actually landed. They didn't even know exactly where the LM would land, only a rough landing spot, so they couldn't even have scouted it out in advance.

And yet all of the hundreds of photos from each Apollo mission exactly matches the landing sites that can be seen today from orbit. How about that?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrup Well, let me see now... they trained unbelievably hard for a programme that got them to a place that could only have dreamt about travelling to when they were growing up, a programme that was so dangerous that three of their friends died during it. And you wonder why they get annoyed at people who claim it was a hoax? Really?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If I was a world war 2 vet and somebody told me I didn't go - and I did - I'd laugh

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Spoken like someone who didn't go. Come back when you have some accomplishments to potentially mock. This thread is speculative nonsense, and is getting all the respect it deserves.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

was very receptive and nice to Sibrel as he showed him his video and then instantly turned to anger as they comprehended his intentions.

Yes. People who approach me under false pretenses make me angry too.
But I guess I'm not a saint either. Not like you.

edit on 5/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Each astronaut (again, if you watched the vid instead of running to the internet debunker forums) was very receptive and nice to Sibrel as he showed him his video and then instantly turned to anger as they comprehended his intentions.

That is because Sibrel's tactics are to pretend to be making some kind of educational film about the Apollo program, sometimes even claiming it is for children, knowing that the astronauts will grant such a request.

So when he performs the old switcheroo and they realise they've been suckered into talking to a moron who believes their greatest achievement was a lie... well, it puts my blood pressure up just thinking about it!
edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: Added quote

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

He was much more polite in his other interviews.

This 'polite' guy you are speaking of...the same one who was arrested in 2009 for vandalizing a woman's car by repeatedly jumping up and down on the hood because he wanted her parking spot?

That polite guy?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
People get angry when dealing with stupid people. You spend your life dedicated to something, and it beocmes the most heavily scrutinized event in human history. Their is more evidence for this event occuring than any other. At the hight of the Cold War when the Soviet Union was watching every second the moon shot from agents inside the US, to electronics intercepts, to tracking the mission all the way to the moon and back etc. Even the slighest hint of hoax and the would have had the greatest PR event they could ever want. Then you have physical evidence with moon rocks and the fact the junk they left can still be seen on the moon to this day. Honestly how would you deal with a person like that? You could not hold an intelligent conversation with a person like that and why would you bother to try.

(post by cestrup removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If I was an astronaut and some nutter did that to me ... I'd smack him a good one right in the nose. These astronauts worked very hard and accomplished a hell of a lot. They are proud of their work. As well they should be.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The fact is that Sibrel clearly doesn't know the first thing about the moon, or space. So why does he think he can spot a hoax that nobody else can?

Have a look at this video:

Edit: Bart apparently doesn't like embedding. Link is here: www.youtube.com...

From around the 1:50 mark he trots out the old "no stars" argument. He seems to realise that you can't take photos of stars and the sunlit moon at the same time (that's a start!) but then he says, "The real question is why didn't they take any photos of the stars by themselves"?

The answer, according to Bart, is that

"They would have to fake constellations that might one day prove to be non-existent"

Just let that sink in for a moment.

Yes, Bart Sibrel thinks that by travelling 240,000 miles to the moon, you will see different constellations than you will on Earth.

That is the measure of the man's intellect. And he thinks that he is exposing a big lie by some of the finest minds of 20th century engineering.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: Added video link

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

a reply to: yeahright

And these analogies are supposed to be good? I'm merely speaking about "confidence" in something you acheived and you whiffed so hard as to think I was comparing Apollo to a hole in one, then, used WW2 and the Halocaust? I'm talking reactions here people. If I was a world war 2 vet and somebody told me I didn't go - and I did - I'd laugh (barring that it wasn't so traumatic that it brought up pain/suffering). Don't you understand that reacting in anger is a sign of weakness? Why are you angry? Because some random person doesn't believe you or that you're being made a fool because you know he's on to somethng? Quit whiffing on this intention of this thread.

Why do people really think we didn't go to the moon? Do these people refuse to believe that the Egyptian Pyramids are just a governmental hoax as well?

There are really weird people in this world of ours that either to dim to do research on real events and issues to understand the world they live in, or just don't care and like to cause trouble for the moment of attention to get from acting like a jerk. (I believe this Sibrel person is more the later then former)

***IMPORTANT PERSONAL NOTE***

No I did not watch the video. I've seen this guy before and personally feel that by giving him this attention (like watching his on-line videos) only feeds his sick behavior.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Right, because he's just supposed to say - "Mr. Armstrong - I'm interested in getting to the bottom of the moon hoax, will you do an interview with me?"

It's funny watching all of you pour your agenda into all of your posts - painting astronauts in the pretty hues as you use every slander in the book for Sibrel. We get it, people. Can we just get to the meat of the topic and discuss the reactions? At least Rob48 brought up an interesting point here. Maybe they were angry that he used deceiving techniques in A COUPLE of the interviews at the astronaut's homes, to get through the gates - so to speak. But doesn't every salesman do that? Everyone has their guard up so we all need to figure out creative ways to get the good stuff. Maybe not as point blank deceptive as Sibrel - but, hopefully you get the drift.

Say someone came to your house to just "talk" to you about a survey or, well, anything and you let them in. Halfway through his/her speil - you realize they're just trying to sell you something. It is a bit discouraging but it shouldn't result in anger. Neither should realizing you're talking to an idiot who believes something as silly as a moon hox. Why would it result in anger? Nobody is discussing this (well, almost nobody). Anger is a WEAKNESS. Anger results when you have lost reason and given up. That's why it is a tell!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Anger is a WEAKNESS. Anger results when you have lost reason and given up.

No. Anger is a perfectly valid response to being deceived. Anger is a perfectly valid response to being called a coward, liar, and thief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join