It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the astronauts be offended by a hoax...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg
And the fact that the vast majority does not regard it in any way shape or form as a fairy tale doesn't bother you at all

NO...the vast majority believe alot stuff that isn't true

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: webstra

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: webstra

Apollogists doin it all the time Phage..insulting people who don't believe their fairytale.

Like I said, I don't care if you don't think man has walked on the Moon. It doesn't make me angry, though I do think it's a foolish viewpoint.

But that is your problem Phage. You get insulted (and angry) when i find your moon story a fairytale.

And the fact that the vast majority does not regard it in any way shape or form as a fairy tale doesn't bother you at all?

No..not at all. Do i have to make examples in history where lot's of people made big mistakes ?

So why do you think Bart Sibrel, a man who time after time has proved himself not only a liar but also ignorant of the most basic scientific principles, can spot a hoax that billions of others cannot?

He can't even tell the difference between an astronaut's arm and a spacecraft window frame, so I imagine the finer points of rocketry are some way beyond him.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Apollogists doin it all the time Phage..insulting people who don't believe their fairytale.

Like I said, I don't care if you don't think man has walked on the Moon. It doesn't make me angry, though I do think it's a foolish viewpoint.

But that is your problem Phage. You get insulted (and angry) when i find your moon story a fairytale.

And the fact that the vast majority does not regard it in any way shape or form as a fairy tale doesn't bother you at all?

No..not at all. Do i have to make examples in history where lot's of people made big mistakes ?

Right. Name three that were this large, had this amount of proof behind them and were this easy to disprove.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
wrong place never mind
edit on 19-5-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
galileo

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

galileo

Erm, what?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

galileo

How is heliocentrism even slightly relevant here? For one, modern observational astronomy was in its infancy in his time. For another, he was battling an anti-science religious establishment.

Flying to the moon does not require any great paradigm shift in science. And accepting that people did so does not require anything other than opening your eyes to science.

Kind of ironic invoking Galileo in your great anti-science theory, don't you think?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

galileo

How is heliocentrism even slightly relevant here? For one, modern observational astronomy was in its infancy in his time. For another, he was battling an anti-science religious establishment.

Flying to the moon does not require any great paradigm shift in science. And accepting that people did so does not require anything other than opening your eyes to science.

Kind of ironic invoking Galileo in your great anti-science theory, don't you think?

No,not at all rob. i do feal like galileo. My school was even named after him.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

galileo

Galileo helped advance science by valuing empirical EVIDENCE over preconceived beliefs. You are, apparently, trying to deny science by valuing preconceived beliefs over empirical evidence.

You are not Galileo. You are the Catholic church.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

galileo

Galileo helped advance science by valuing empirical EVIDENCE over preconceived beliefs. You are, apparently, trying to deny science by valuing preconceived beliefs over empirical evidence.

You are not Galileo. You are the Catholic church.

I am the catholic church ? You must be deluded. First other apllogists tell me i am connected to countries of evil like iran and venezuela and now this.....

Sorry, as far as i am concerned you all must be crazy.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No.
I find it amusing that you think that man hasn't walked on the Moon. I find efforts to "prove" it amusing.
I don't find lies about it amusing.

edit on 5/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I am the catholic church ? You must be deluded. First other apllogists tell me i am connected to countries of evil like iran and venezuela and now this.....

Oh good grief. Have you ever heard of an analogy?

Apparently not, so let me explain.

Back in the 1600s, Galileo made lots of astronomical observations which provided good evidence that the sun was at the centre of the solar system and the Earth was just one of the planets orbiting it.

At the time, this theory went against received wisdom and was considered dangerously heretical by the Catholic church. Churches don't like evidence, see: they trade on faith, and faith says that the Earth stands still and the sun goes around it.

So the church persecuted Galileo for his sacrilegious beliefs.

But you know all this, right? Your school was named after Galileo so I assume they taught you about him?

The point is, you are not ACTING like Galileo, you are ACTING like the Catholic Church, by valuing faith and prejudice over science and evidence. The science and evidence says men went to the moon. The faith-based prejudice says we didn't.

That is what I meant. I was not suggesting that you are the pope. I'm sorry if my rhetorical device was too complex for you...
edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No.
I find it amusing that you think that man hasn't walked on the Moon.

Amusing Phage ? Common..you never laugh..look at your avatar.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Oh good grief. Have you ever heard of an analogy?

Apparently not, so let me explain.

Back in the 1600s, Galileo made lots of astronomical observations which provided good evidence that the sun was at the centre of the solar system and the Earth was just one of the planets orbiting it.

At the time, this theory went against received wisdom and was considered dangerously heretical by the Catholic church. Churches don't like evidence, see: they trade on faith, and faith says that the Earth stands still and the sun goes around it.

So the church persecuted Galileo for his sacrilegious beliefs.

But you know all this, right? Your school was named after Galileo so I assume they taught you about him?

The point is, you are not ACTING like Galileo, you are ACTING like the Catholic Church, by valuing faith and prejudice over science and evidence.

I am not suggesting that you are the pope...

Come on Rob....you and your storytellers Nasa have and had all the money and power to tell your apollo fairytale...

Galileo and I don't have that.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You claim they have so much power and money... so why do you not think they can go to the moon? It's really not that far away. They can land rovers on Mars, which is about 140 times further than the moon at its closest, and they can take photos of those rovers from other spacecraft in orbit around Mars.

Nobody disputes that (or do you?) and frankly I think driving a nuclear powered SUV around on another planet for months on end and snapping pictures of it from orbit is, if anything, even more impressive than hopping over to the moon for a few days. Especially when it can take selfies!

Why is it only the moon that attracts the hoax theories I wonder?
edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You claim they have so much power and money... so why do you not think they can go to the moon? It's really not that far away. They can land rovers on Mars, which is about 140 times further than the moon at its closest, and they can take photos of those rovers from other spacecraft in orbit around Mars.

Nobody disputes that (or do you?) and frankly I think driving a nuclear powered SUV around on another planet for months on end and snapping pictures of it from orbit is, if anything, even more impressive than hopping over to the moon for a few days.

Why is it only the moon that attracts the hoax theories I wonder?

I like to stick only to the moon lies, do you mind ?

Otherwise i could get a problem with moderators ;-|

...and moonrover dos not equal marsrover.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Rob, my boy - you just gave me an idea for my next discussion! Thanks for the picture and idea. Please join us

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Amusing Phage ? Common..you never laugh..look at your avatar.

Look at yours.
You don't exist.

edit on 5/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Had I been there as an observer, I might've belted him myself.

Note to self...

Hot Coffee is swallowed not coughed up through nose onto keyboard while laughing...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think it would be quite easy for an astronaut to get a bit upset, or frustrated, if they had gone to the moon yet some people still didn't believe them. Just like I get frustrated with those who believe the earth is flat. Yet I would bet that very few astronauts, who are somewhat public figures, would actually get mad over the claims of the minority. They are too refined for that, in the sense that a public figure is often refined. They usually have some amount of tact, and not going to actually get angry, at least not in public. Of course it would just be an act for some, not real tact or humility, just like with some politicians. When one is in the public spotlight, they tend to behave in a certain manner. So some might both get upset and voice that anger, but most would not voice it, even if they were really mad. In my opinion of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join