It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the astronauts be offended by a hoax...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup

One thing's for sure - touched a sacred cow here. Lesson learned and these resulting posts answer my original questions. Thanks!

It's not a scared cow. There's a thread about the Apollo hoax theory that has reached 250+ pages. The last one hit 600+. But if you want to put forward the hoax idea, do it on evidence, not pop psychology.

(Best not use any of Sibrel's "evidence" though, as he doesn't have the slightest clue what he is talking about.)
edit on 19-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup
a reply to: namehere

You must not understand confidence. An insecure person would react in anger. How DO YOU not understand this? Why would you care what other's thought if YOU KNEW the truth? What more could this be other than two things: They're insecure of their accomplishments or insecure because they're lying.

Let's look at athletes. They get plenty of press. They also dedicate their life to their craft. Many, when presented with the truth - like a poor performance - either stay calm and take responsibility or act irrational - even when basically being trolled by a rude reporter. Whom do you respect more? The athletes that get angry or stay composed?

insecurity is not the only reason to feel anger you know or is that point? that you don't understand anger so you make assumptions based on your own lack of experience of the emotion?
the truth is beside the point when you feel insulted and disrespected by someone you don't know, who thinks they know more than you about your own life.

citing poor performance in a game and asking about it is much less insulting than being called a fake and a liar about your greatest moments in life. who do i respect more? the one who is honest to their feelings not the liar pretending to be nice and calm. these moon hoax claims are no different than claiming michael jordan used a body double or used special effects to make it appear as if he was such a great player, as if the whole nba were just actors following a script and lying.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: cestrup

Anger is a WEAKNESS. Anger results when you have lost reason and given up.

No. Anger is a perfectly valid response to being deceived. Anger is a perfectly valid response to being called a coward, liar, and thief.

Oh oh oh....the apollo believers put a lot of energy in this new thread. And according to Phage 'allowed anger' if people don't believe in their silly apollo ferrytale.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: webstra

a reply to: cestrup

Anger is a WEAKNESS. Anger results when you have lost reason and given up.

No. Anger is a perfectly valid response to being deceived. Anger is a perfectly valid response to being called a coward, liar, and thief.

Oh oh oh....the apollo believers put a lot of energy in this new thread. And according to Phage 'allowed anger' if people don't believe in their silly apollo ferrytale.

What exactly is a 'ferrytale'?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: webstra

And according to Phage 'allowed anger' if people don't believe in their silly apollo ferrytale.

I don't care if you are foolish enough to think that men haven't walked on the Moon. It doesn't make me angry.
Lying to me does. Insulting me does. I understand why the astronauts got angry when they were lied to and insulted.

edit on 5/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

And according to Phage 'allowed anger' if people don't believe in their silly apollo ferrytale.

I don't care if you are foolish enough to think that men haven't walked on the Moon. It doesn't make me angry.
Lying to me does. Insulting me does. I understand why the astronauts got angry when they were lied to and insulted.

42 years Phage..the game is over.

But if you come with the standard reason of apollogists, they have 'no money', i think you are right now.

America is bankrupt.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It's not only that though. One idiot like Sibrel can believe what he wants. But when he starts making videos and trying to brainwash people with his lies, that ought to be enough to make anyone who cares about truth angry.

If you don't nip stupidity in the bud, then it can be infectious.

Let's not forget, the central tenet of Bart's original video was the idea that the shot of the Earth out of the window of the Apollo 11 CSM halfway to the moon was actually taken from low Earth orbit. This was, of course, a lie, and he took original footage from the mission and edited it, removed the soundtrack from it and falsely described segments of it as "out-takes" to try to make it appear suspicious.

If all that deception and chicanery in the name of a quick buck (reminder: AFTH annual revenues $190,000) doesn't make you angry, then you are a calmer man than me.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What game?

But if you come with the standard reason of apollogists, they have 'no money', i think you are right now.
Who says "no money?" If you're talking about why no landings after Apollo the correct answer is another question, "Why do it again?" The American people lost interest and there was no political will to spend the money on lunar landings. Apollo was, primarily, publicity stunt to demonstrate the technological superiority of the US. It worked. The US won the Moon race. The US was the first to walk on the Moon. Hell, the US was the first to drive a car on the Moon!

But that's not really the topic. The topic is why were the astronauts angry about be approached under false pretenses, why were the astronauts angry about being insulted.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

One idiot like Sibrel can believe what he wants. But when he starts making videos and trying to brainwash people with his lies, that ought to be enough to make anyone who cares about truth angry.

Yeah. That's what I said. I get angry when people lie to me.

I don't care what Sibrel believes, he probably believes some of the rubbish he spouts. But he obviously lies, his deliberate selective editing of video is ample evidence of that.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

America is bankrupt.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Speaking from the UK the considered opinion here is that people who claim that the Apollo programme failed to get to the moon are talking through their nether regions.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What game?

Who says "no money?" If you're talking about why no landings after Apollo the correct answer is another question, "Why do it again?" The American people lost interest and there was no political will to spend the money on lunar landings. Apollo was, primarily, publicity stunt to demonstrate the technological superiority of the US. It worked. The US won the Moon race. The US was the first to walk on the Moon. Hell, the US was the first to drive a car on the Moon!

But that's not really the topic. The topic is why were the astronauts angry about be approached under false pretenses, why were the astronauts angry about being insulted.

Apollogists doin it all the time Phage..insulting people who don't believe their fairytale. So what is your point ?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Apollogists doin it all the time Phage..insulting people who don't believe their fairytale.

Like I said, I don't care if you don't think man has walked on the Moon. It doesn't make me angry, though I do think it's a foolish viewpoint.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The reason why the likes of Bart Sibrel make right-thinking people angry is that they are trying to poison people's minds.

It's propaganda.

If young susceptible people grow up thinking that the moon landings were a hoax, that science can't be trusted and that great achievements cannot be done, where does that leave them? Will they want to be scientists and engineers, or even astronauts, in the future and help shape this century's exploration?

OK, you could argue that the intelligent kids, the ones who are likely to go on and make something of themselves, would be able to see through the Sibrels of this world — and to some extent I think (and hope) that is true.

But the problem is that for the YouTube generation, a flashy video with some arguments that might, at first glance, look halfway plausible, can be very persuasive. You only have to look at YouTube to see how many people have been taken in by the hoax brigade.

It's an insidious anti-intellectualism that is contributing in no small part to the general dumbing down of society. And yes, it does make me angry.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Apollogists doin it all the time Phage..insulting people who don't believe their fairytale.

Like I said, I don't care if you don't think man has walked on the Moon. It doesn't make me angry, though I do think it's a foolish viewpoint.

But that is your problem Phage. You get insulted (and angry) when i find your moon story a fairytale.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
atleast Buzz didnt hit Sibrel below the Belt

edit on 19-5-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You are disproving evolution in the favor of what?
Is it the whole spectrum of living things of mankind in general you are referring too?
A lot of saw marks are turning up all over the world, and recent discoveries are pushing back mankind's technological timescale, so maybe its the boffins who like to place things in comforting dates and timelines who are wrong?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation
atleast Buzz didnt hit Sibrel below the Belt

Can you tell me...What do you mean by this ?

If it was asked to you, you would have hit Sibrel below the belt ?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

But that is your problem Phage. You get insulted (and angry) when i find your moon story a fairytale.

And the fact that the vast majority does not regard it in any way shape or form as a fairy tale doesn't bother you at all?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
what a slime ball that interviewer is he deserves a good dig. good for buzz

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

And the fact that the vast majority does not regard it in any way shape or form as a fairy tale doesn't bother you at all?

No..not at all. Do i have to make examples in history where lot's of people made big mistakes ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join