It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence That the Human Body is a Projection of Consciousness

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I had a hard time finding the "scientific evidence" in that article...

a reply to: sled735

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
I had a hard time finding the "scientific evidence" in that article...

There is none, it's nothing but a thought experiment coming from misunderstood scientific vulgarization.

Exactly like when people claim science says we only use 10% of our brain capacity (it does not) or that we live in a simulation (it does't say so).

When scientific articles hit mainstream medias they often get distorted and interpreted, especially in some new age or conspiracy sites always looking for proofs to validate their beliefs.

This site is clearly biased, calling itself "the mind unleashed" all it's articles are about the "secret powers of the mind", spirituality and all.

It's not short of bold sensational claims like saying

your mind has complete control over the physical health of your body.

which is easily proven wrong and even dangerous as it has often lead to people dying after refusing treatment.
edit on 21-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

i understand your perspective. I thought similar before studying all thosemasters. And no : i dont need to master it to believe in it..

So tell me one thing: how/what do you think you are ? What is the universe? And what is your relationship to it.

I can not really sense where we are exactly different in our concepts..

It seems that you think the universe is "out there"...and you think when sn says "it is in here" that he could only say it if he would be able to "reflect the whole universe"...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

My position was distilled in all my previous posts but I guess I can summarize it:

I don't think we will ever be able, with our finite brains, to have a grasp at the whole complexity and beauty of the universe. The more we will think we understand how it works, the more new questions will arise. As such, I think most attempts at describing the infinitely big and small are nothing but dumbing down something we cannot grasp.

I believe that nothing is separated, nothing is isolated, everything is connected via a web of causes and consequences. I believe I'm a part of this universe, not separated from it.

I believe there is consciousness or intelligence permeating the universe. Not like human intelligence, more something as vast and majestic and eternal and slow moving as the universe itself. I believe this intelligence is infusing all matter and giving it forms, always more complex (firstly matter, then molecules and gaz, then stars, then planets, and finally life in all its complexity). I believe it does so to become aware of itself, like intelligence grows in the baby until he becomes aware of itself and able to learn and experience and laugh and cry and finally die. I believe the cosmic intelligence, by infusing matter, is responsible for all this life.

I believe our consciousness is thus a reflection of that universal consciousness. But it hardly contains it all because our consciousness is finite. We are simply a dot on a long line of different evolving expressions of the cosmic intelligence, from the first systems, to plants and animals, to mankind and probably to more than that.

I don't believe we contain the whole universe as much as I believe we are connected to it and to the universal and infinite consciousness. But it doesn't mean the infinite can dwell in us in it's entirety, that's just impossible.

Likewise, with a telephone I can virtually contact anyone on earth. But it hardly means my phone "contains" everyone. It just happens to be able to connect with them, in the correct circumstances.

But clearly I don't believe we "project" our bodies as much as we dwell in them, and I believe our consciousness is powerful to change our view of the universe, but not the universe itself (at least not without this body, which is exactly used for that, to manipulate matter around us). I do believe a reality exist outside the subjective one we experience individually. It's the reality experience by the infinite, and we are not the infinite.

Of course it's only what I believe and I can hardly prove anything.

My views are very close to what is described in what is probably one of the best sci-books ever; Starmaker from Olaf Stapledon. I'm sure you'll like it. It's a bit old now, but the theme is eternal as it deals with exactly this, life, the universe, consciousness and how they all evolve.

Like you said, I don't think our views differ that much, mainly on some practical aspects. I don't like much philosophies and metaphysics completely rejecting the material reality as "illusion" because they tend to be a bit sterile in this society which is still bound by matter.

For example I can understand the monk who becomes an ascetic hermit because he says that matter is an illusion. But doing so, is he helping is fellows? Not really. It's still a selfish approach to take refuge in the consciousness and reject matter. It requires a bit of sacrifice to go through the world and help others, and through these sacrifice, you'll see that the material world isn't more an illusion than the mental world.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ok thx.

Yes in moments like this where i clearly see the differences and similarities in concepts..it gets really complicated to even start to explain a view.

but i only want to say: "But it hardly contains it all because our consciousness is finite. "

consciousness is not limited. It can not be. Your focus is always limited but not consciousness.

And no I dont believe this BODY or person could "integrate" more than 4 Dimensions and third Densitiy right now..
But are you this body?
Or are you only focusing this body right now...And do you think it is possible to focus something beyond your body?

I

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau

But are you this body?
Or are you only focusing this body right now...And do you think it is possible to focus something beyond your body?

I said clearly I was consciousness dwelling in a body.

What I disagree with is that:
- this body is just a projection of my consciousness
- my consciousness has potentially complete control over the health of my body

Everything I learned and know contradict this.

And it DOES include the part where I was on the other side of the veil, as I told you, and when I stood face to face with the infinite because all my mental censors went down, and my consciousness was free from all shackles. Like the crazy guy you mentioned who could see universes in rocks, so could I, and much more.

But nothing of all this had any influence on matter whatsoever. Only the illusion of it. But it does look very real and if you asked me 3 years ago, before I had the time to integrate it all, I would have told you that consciousness can influence matter. But not anymore.

Bodily functions are influenced by thoughts (especially via glandular activity), but it's clearly a different concept than saying the body is a projection of the mind and that the mind has COMPLETE control over the body an health, as the article says.

That can very easily be proven incorrect. You can only partly (and very partly) control it.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
consciousness is not limited. It can not be. Your focus is always limited but not consciousness.

If it's not, put yourself in my shoes for 5 minutes and think like me. Maybe you'll understand our differences better

Consciousness has unlimited potential but we are simply not capable of using it all at once.

Thus you could never put yourself in the shoes of the infinite consciousness of the universe. Only that one is truly unlimited. We are only trying to emulate it but fail to do so.

There are different type of infinites, with different scales, our consciousness is infinite, but not as infinite as the universe itself.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

"Consciousness has unlimited potential but we are simply not capable of using it all at once. "

Of course not. Thats not the point...
The point is: what are you capable of doing now?

For example: what would be your biggest dream?

My biggest dream right now is : become like me 3 teachers.. I have one teacher who is 19 ..Indigo Child...Found a way with the help of Drunvalo M. to open up his heartspace and have access to information he normally would not know.

This little guy speaks like a master... LIKE A MASTER with me..And he is full of wisdom. And right now getting rich by using information from his higher mind while trading....I want to open my heartspace too..

My other 2 teachers are using geometric consciousness patterns to communicate with higher realms of all sorts and they are the most intelligent beings i ever met..They know all the samadhi states possible and they know how to ATTRACT the reality that they wish to have. They live a life of perfect balance...

I don´t want to "reflect infinite createrhood". I want to expand my possibilities with the help of "Consciousness Mechanics"..

And i know what is possible. And it is a lot more possible than many people think...

What i have seen and experienced in the last year..is enough evidence for me that Humans are capable of living their dreams in many ways..

And that it is possible to communicate to the arch-angelic realms ..and the higher planes of your existence.. You are a multidimensional being.

Thats all ..and thats enough for me

edit on 21-5-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

You completely missed the point of my post nor is this a theological thread. Your religious belief that "Christ/buddha was never born, and never dies" is just that --religious.

There's no need to bring religion and theology into this, a dictionary will do.

But, please stay on topic if you reply. The main point of my post was that we should NOT be locking anyone up in a mental hospital for "delusions" or "hallucinations" since the nature of reality is real to them, and how are we to know that it isn't us who are out-of-sync? We won't know until the day we die.

If a person thinks they're Jesus of Nazareth , they SHOULD be in a mental hospital. Especially if they refer to themselves as Mr. Christ. Which is just as idiotic as calling oneself Gautama Buddha. You lack a serious understanding of what the two words mean and I'm pointing it out. Very much on topic.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

Isolomon claims to be God and the emperor of Japan and plenty of other people. I wouldn't bet on him changing his viewpoint about anything, no matter how hard you try to talk to him. He simply believes he's right because he's God.

He probably isn't even really trying to understand what you post, most of the time he puts himself in an antagonizing position just for the sake of it.

You are correct that anyone having delusions should be psychologically assessed and taken care of if he can be a threat to himself or others. And that's coming from someone who had a psychotic break.

Isolomon will of course tell you that he feels perfectly fine and that schizoid people don't need help, only understanding, but he forgets that many schizoids completely flip out and do very stupid things. If they could reason clearly they would ask to be helped. Just don't bother with Isolomon he will never accept that mentally ills might need help, he refused to consult despite his family asking him years ago.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Isolomon claims to be God and the emperor of Japan and plenty of other people. I wouldn't bet on him changing his viewpoint about anything, no matter how hard you try to talk to him. He simply believes he's right because he's God.

I never mentioned God. I pointed out the ignorant use of the word Christ.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012

And I'm telling he literally believes to be God. Like the one and only true God.

So don't expect to have really meaningful conversations with him

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

And this article is a perfect reason why psychiatry is a failed religion. --> HUMAN THOUGHT DETERMINES REALITY

Human thoughts DO determine reality, not inferring that human thought creates or controls reality. But instead that EVERY determination of reality IS a thought and nothing more. Reality just IS, and the determinations only exists as thought.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

Bravo on this post!!! Awesome!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/21/2014 by sled735 because: add link

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Very interesting share as “WE” are ALL* energy manifested projections of the who CREATED us all…
When considering how the HUMAN body works to observe reality (designed of atoms) and then compute within the mind mechanism/brain also made of atoms how we are to interpret and perceive things-objects or (compound atom groups) within this reality it kind of calls for the consciousness to fine tune what is being perceived. This fine tuning of perceiving what the atoms groups are doing is basically projecting in many ways the realities around us.
For example the mind mechanism/brain doesn’t seem to show the appearing empty space between the many atoms making compound atom groups, so when you look at various objects made of atoms groups only part of reality is being observed as the brain omits the appearing empty space the electrons fly within and only seems to observe or PROCESS the proton & neutron activities that generate the solids perception…
1 subjectively associates this omitting process with the mind mechanism/brain design also being made of atoms and so the brain electrons and various matter objects (atom compound groups) within reality electrons sort of cancel each other out when visually perceiving… This projects a solid world, yet a glass cup is flowing and is not sitting still? But the mind mech. processes all that perceive data for the observer and generates to the observer a glass cup object that appears to be still even if it’s actually a extremely slow moving slurry of atoms. In many ways we are viewing objective reality subjectively automatically.
Now look into the cosmos and how we observe the many different spectrums of reality with the many advanced telescopes that can see one or more objects out there differently either in infrared-heat-radio signal-x-ray etc. Depending on the lens and processing devices associated. Are we really seeing the truth out there or only what the atom made mind mech./brain is GRANTED observation of?

It appears that the more studying that goes into brain, consciousness & manifesting projections more data may come out that may alert many of what/where “WE” are… For the Higher Self (H.S) may not be made of atoms
and so may precieve reality from that perspective entirely different then it is from here.

Possibly the more this field advances there may be neuro transmitters designed-embedded or even added to visual devices which may permit more observation of objective reality many are within.

Interesting read OP 1 enjoyed.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

And I'm telling he literally believes to be God. Like the one and only true God. So don't expect to have really meaningful conversations with him

There is a comedy in this, because, he's partly correct. But if he wasn't blinded by the illusion of mind/body, Maya, he would give that title to everyone else and everything else that exists. But that's another thread.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

There's no need to bring religion and theology into this, a dictionary will do.

What are you talking about? How will a dictionary define what reality is for someone else?

If a person thinks they're Jesus of Nazareth , they SHOULD be in a mental hospital.

And how do you know that they are not? Reality for them, their thoughts, is that they are Jesus Christ. What makes you think you have the right to tell them how reality should be for them?

You lack a serious understanding of what the two words mean and I'm pointing it out.

I am referring to the incarnation/reincarnation of Jesus Christ and Buddha. There is no "serious" misunderstanding on my part. The misunderstanding is on your part.

But then I am confused, you later say this:

Human thoughts DO determine reality, not inferring that human thought creates or controls reality. But instead that EVERY determination of reality IS a thought and nothing more. Reality just IS, and the determinations only exists as thought.

Why, then, should we lock someone up in a mental hospital whose thoughts determine that reality for them is that they are the reincarnation/incarnation of Jesus Christ?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

originally posted by: Visitor2012

And I'm telling he literally believes to be God. Like the one and only true God.

So don't expect to have really meaningful conversations with him

I haven't read all of his posts, but usually, when someone says they are God, they are referring to the teachings that we all have a 'god spark' within us, because we all come for the same "Source".
We are just 'sparks' in the universe having experiences, growing in knowledge, and we will all eventually return to the Source from whence we came, thus, making us God.

That's a different subject, but I just wanted to clear that up.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

Now, now, you are poisoning the well. But as a human, I do NOT believe ANYONE should be locked up for delusions or hallucinations (or even suicide attempts or ideation).

He probably isn't even really trying to understand what you post, most of the time he puts himself in an antagonizing position just for the sake of it.

What? There was nothing antagonizing about the original post that Visitor2012 replied to. I was pointing out that someone who claims to be Jesus Christ --their reality is that they are Jesus Christ-- and none should be locked up for that, since that is their reality.

You are correct that anyone having delusions should be psychologically assessed and taken care of if he can be a threat to himself or others. And that's coming from someone who had a psychotic break.

Psychiatry is a religion. Do not force your religion down others throats. If you are happy with your new religion of being mentally ill, then so be it, but do not impose that on the next person who claims to be Jesus Christ. (Just think, people who were forced to convert to Christianity said the same thing as you, but using a different word in place of psychotic break.)

Isolomon will of course tell you that he feels perfectly fine and that schizoid people don't need help, only understanding, but he forgets that many schizoids completely flip out and do very stupid things. If they could reason clearly they would ask to be helped. Just don't bother with Isolomon he will never accept that mentally ills might need help, he refused to consult despite his family asking him years ago.

And, again, when we draw the analogy to religion. Years ago, his family asked him to join their religion of psychiatry, but he refused.

None of us knows what reality is. None. Not even your precious pill pusher that you, SpaceGoatFarts, so adore and bow down to for your "healing." Why should I accept your take on reality as being correct when I have a different take on reality? There is a basic metaphysical and epistemological problem. Therefore, those who want to say "reality" is this should NOT be punished if it conflicts with "society's" reality, because society, historically, has gotten the answer wrong every single day (for the past 5,000 years of recorded human history that we have).

Do. Not. Force. Others. To. Accept. Your. Harmful. Religion. Of. Psychiatry.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't by this for a minute nor do I by the supposed "scientific evidence."

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join