It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence That the Human Body is a Projection of Consciousness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Thoughts shape Reality. This can be understood as The Law of Attraction; If you believe you are sick you will inevitably lower your immune system and speed up the process of death. Likewise if one were to maintain positive thoughts such as from a support group they could boost their immune system greatly enhancing their odds of survival. Good post mate!

I say we need to find someone with enough resources to pull together a day where at least a few million people globally stop what they are doing for 10 minutes and all use that time to project a single thought we all wish to achieve, just to see what happens. It's entirely possible with todays Internet.

a reply to: Aphorism

And since this doesn't suit your personal fancy that makes your disagreement just as ignorant, does it not? Believers and non-believers are two sides to the same coin. You know this.
edit on 20-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

edit on 20-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: Double post

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

There is a phenomenon that is common in humans, one that has never been researched.

Take number 2 pencil.

Place the pencil cap that holds the eraser about a centimeter from your forehead.

Now ask a person who knows nothing about this to do the same thing.

Ancient cultures often adorned their foreheads.

Any thoughts?

edit on 20-5-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Val Valerian discusses this topic EXTENSIVELY in his book Matrix III: The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness.

www.amazon.com...

i suggest it to all as it is the largest and most detailed book on alot of topics we discuss here regularly. heck, it should be standard assigned reading material for all new members

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

As I understand it, ancient cultures as well as modern Indian cultures adorn their foreheads between the eyebrows to maintain constant awareness of the 3rd eye chakra.

One who would know nothing of this would surely just be acting out of foolishness I believe.

The same effect as I understand it can be achieved if one were to feel for the little indent between the eyes and gently push their fingernail into it. An electrical pulse can be felt, though it is very subtle.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

One of the issues that make it interesting in relation to scientific investigations, is that any person can have this experience.

That constitutes a population and there is not one article in any scientific journal as to the reason for this phenomenon.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I have found this fascinating as well. It can be tried and tested by any individual with a fingernail and a forehead. People seem to be too distracted to realize that their awareness is the scientist and their body is the research subject.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If one applies quantum mechanics to the issue of consciousness. It is possible that each of us are a part of some infinite puzzle. The permutations with respect to multiverse theory are incredible.

As there are not just the issue of doppelgangers, in relation to the electron cloud but, as well in relation to the individual Universe we occupy.

One can relate to this in context of each individual life but what of the whole.

Each of us like a facet to a diamond.

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

From my understanding quantum mechanics is the closest scientific explanations can get to perceiving the intelligence that permeates existence. Consider it this way, if one were to take a sheet of paper and call that paper "God", then fill that paper with scientific equations explaining how such paper is so, one would inevitably still find holes in those equations where the numbers don't perfectly fill the sheet.

This can be related to quantum mechanics; it understands that creation is infinite it just can't grasp the Cause of it therefore one would perceive "God" as an infinite puzzle because in our limited state of being one could not grasp that which is beyond our limitations of perception and thought.

This could also be related to spiritual enlightenment, when one realizes what lay underneath all perceptions and thought is just a pure infinite awareness, an intelligent nothingness. It appears as nothingness because we cannot understand it but it is still conscious, it is still aware and watching. It would be like asking a robot who built it and why, they would not be able to give a truthful answer because they are only built to serve a specific purpose and cannot grasp anything beyond that limitation.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
In meditation I relate to myself as a part of a sphere and in respect to being a facet to a diamond. From there I incorporate into this thought. The idea that in each facet there are as well doppelgängers that are relatable due to entanglement (having been created at the same time).

This being applicable to every facet and then acknowledge in meditation that my access to such a structure is due to the conclusion that moments are infinite.

Modeling like this does pertain to concepts that are infinite.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

A dramatic example of this is the case of Vittorio Michelli. In 1962 he was admitted to the Military Hospital of Verona, Italy with a large tumor on his left hip. The doctors knew that they could not help him, so his case was deemed hopeless and he was sent home without treatment, and after about 10 months his left hip bone had completely disintegrated. As a last resort, he traveled to Lourdes, France and bathed himself in the spring there (which is a Christian holy site famous for producing miracles).

Immediately he started feeling better, he regained his appetite, and bathed himself in the spring a few more times before he left. After a few months of being home he felt such a powerful sense of well-being that he urged the doctors to x-ray him again, and they were astonished to find that his tumor had shrunk. Over the next several months they kept a close watch on him, and his X-rays showed that his tumor kept on shrinking, until it was gone. And once his tumor disappeared, his hipbone started regenerating.

Two months later he was walking, and several years later his hip bone had completely healed. The Vatican’s Medical Commission, in their official report said:

“A remarkable reconstruction of the iliac bone and cavity has taken place. The X-rays made in 1964, 1965, 1968, and 1969 confirm categorically and without doubt that an unforeseen and even overwhelming bone reconstruction has taken place of a type unknown in the annals of world medicine.” (The Holographic Universe, p.107)

S&F for this great thread. The above quote was taken from "The Holographic Universe" -- one of my favorite books -- by Michael Talbot. I have an ancient VHS tape from an old PBS series, "Thinking Allowed," where Michael Talbot was interviewed by Jeffrey Mishlove in 1992 (?).

Many, many years later I discovered that Michael Talbot (Gay guy) was suffering from some chronic ailment (cancer?) that killed him shortly after (some months after) that interview was taped.

The interview was fascinating -- worth watching-- Michael Talbot had had many "paranormal" events in his life from childhood on (including a UFO event).

The point I'm making here, is that even when one has had extraordinary personal experiences, trying to use "New Thought" to alter one's personal reality can be challenging. Obviously, Michael Talbot was not able to use thought (and the emotions they trigger) to heal his body.

To quote Louise Hay, "What I teach is simple, but it's not easy."

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

From my understanding all forms of creation are merely densifications of energy patterns, each form of manifested material only seeming in difference due to each "species" or "element" having it's own distinct energy pattern. This is why such a thing as cross-breeding is possible, you mix two patterns together and if they are compatible an entirely new pattern is formed, thus we have what is labeled as Evolution. Likewise if one were to cross-breed two patterns that were too alike (incest) or unalike (a bird and a fish) a distorted pattern would be formed thus giving the appearance of dysfunction/retardation.

Indeed I perceive this moment as infinite, if one were to have no mind one would not perceive time because time can only be measured by comparing "this" to "that", all based on the ability of memory and projection. If one can't remember moments or project future moments one would have no perception of time. Everything would just be flowing like ocean waves before our eyes.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
What if your condition or illness is because of Karma, though? Something has to account for people who are born with illnesses like cancer or birth defects. I wonder if it is possible to change something that exists because of karma?

Sal

Reincarnation & karma are very real. Realize people like Esther Hicks/"Abraham" tell their followers that Karma is not real.

Yes, Karma can be changed thru changing your thoughts & feelings. The Hindus have numerous methods of changing or mitigating Karma. Check out Sanskrit mantras. I'm not Hindu (raised white bread Protestant in the USA), but I've experimented with Sanskrit mantras and they definitely shift one's energy. You do not have to believe in them.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

Karma indeed is real but from my understanding of Buddhas teaching karma is merely the continuation of one falsely identifying ones self with their thoughts and thus acting on those distorted perceptions causing one to continually reincarnate until those distortions are corrected and the consciousness set free.

Buddha has stated that if one were to act without thought, without intention, then no karma can be accumulated and thus only previous incarnations karmic debts must be paid. Yet they must already have been paid for if one were to become aware enough, or progress spiritually enough in any given lifetime as to cease karmic accumulation, then one inevitably has already cleared their previous karmic debt to even be able to reach such a point.
edit on 21-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"I don't doubt that a conscious being's thoughts may have a direct effect on outcomes, but there is no scientific evidence that suggests this. This is a misinterpretation of experiments like "the double slit experiment" and "the quantum eraser experiment". Those experiments only suggest that the observer's ability to know "which path" information causes a wave to decohere into a path based on probability, which in the case of the double slit experiment, would be 50/50."

You are actually very wrong, that is not what they have done in the experiments. You totally misread everything David Bohm, and other quantum researchers have put forth, and are misconstruing the results of the experiments for some yet unknown purpose at present.

What actually happened is that our(a living, breathing human being) observation causes the wave function passing through the slits to collapse into a particle(for lack of better word), and force it along one of the slits, showing that our consciousness has a direct effect on reality on a quantum level. That is what actually happens if you have every been at an experiment site yourself, which I doubt as you misconstrued it.

My question is, if we directly create our bodies with our intentions(etymological root intendere, i.e directed attention), belief patterns, and otherwise, does a tree create itself? Does earth create itself? Where does this field of creation end? Do we help create/solidify other people's bodies? Or help create/solidify/maintain reality as a whole through our intention/belief pattern? Does increasing the power/intensity of our focused attention have a stronger impact on reality?

Is there an impartial, objective reality composed of particles, or is an impartial, objective reality composed of waves that gets solidified into particles upon measurement/observation? Is our consciousness the "spirit" referenced in spiritual literature?

And lastly, how do we tap into the focused creation of reality?

-Silver

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: wantstoknowmore

From my understanding confusion arises when one attempts to distinguish physical reality as containing multiple separates. If distinguished as a whole one would perceive the rock from the Earth flows into the soil in which the roots of the trees grow, the trees reaching into the air which flows to the atmosphere which flows into space which flows into other planetary bodies, etc. Everything being one seamless band of energy patterns ceaselessly dancing in unison to one great song of creation.

edit on 21-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP
a reply to: AuranVector

Karma indeed is real but from my understanding of Buddhas teaching karma is merely the continuation of one falsely identifying ones self with their thoughts and thus acting on those distorted perceptions causing one to continually reincarnate until those distortions are corrected and the consciousness set free.

Buddha has stated that if one were to act without thought, without intention, then no karma can be accumulated and thus only previous incarnations karmic debts must be paid. Yet they must already have been paid for if one were to become aware enough, or progress spiritually enough in any given lifetime as to cease karmic accumulation, then one inevitably has already cleared their previous karmic debt to even be able to reach such a point.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I am not a Buddhist, nor have I undergone any formal Buddhist training (in this lifetime).
As I recall, the "original" Buddha was Siddhartha, a Hindu prince.

If I understand you, where I might quibble with you is on your statement:

"Yet they must already have been paid for if one were to become aware enough, or progress spiritually enough in any given lifetime as to cease karmic accumulation, then one inevitably has already cleared their previous karmic debt to even be able to reach such a point."

If you're saying that in order to reach enlightenment one must have cleared all previous psychological karma, I agree. There are some who teach that one can be Enlightened, yet his physical body has its own karma that must be worked out thru his physical body.

As an example, Sri Ramakrishna's body suffered disease. It's confusing because such a one has the power to take on the karma of his disciples -- which is worked out thru the Satguru's own body.

I do not like the term "karmic debt" which suggests an anthropomorphic God that sits in judgment of us with a ledger book in hand.

Obviously, you're sophisticated enough in your understanding to know this is not what is meant by "karmic debt."

But others might be mislead to think Karma is punishment. It's not. We send out energy created by our thoughts, emotions, and actions. Just like a boomerang, that energy comes back to us. It might take lifetimes for that energy to manifest for us.

Karma of all that we have ever thought & done is recorded along our Sushumna Nadi (roughly corresponding with our physical spines) in the form of Samskaras (psychic scars). These scars are activated & cleared when the Kundalini is awakened and rises thru this Nadi (nerve or pranic channel).

Yes, the ego is a false identity, a mental construct that evaporates with Enlightenment. The ego has its uses though, one cannot maintain a physical body for long without the ego. The ego of a Buddha is a "purified ego" which is very thin -- just enough to link one to a physical body so He can function on the material plane.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

where people have literally jumped from point A to point C to avoid an accident that could have been fatal

This gave me a crazy thought having to do with a catastrophic vehicle accident.

When I was sixteen I was heading home from a party in a little red Nissan pickup truck. It was late at night and deep in the middle of an Alaskan winter.

The roads were icy and I was going way to fast, I got to the top of a huge hill and tapped my breaks. This sent me into a slide at about sixty mph (if I recall properly) and I clipped the right snow bank.

The truck was immediately sent into a tumble and I was knocked unconscious and ejected through the passenger window

All I remember is the initial violent impact after hitting the snow bank and flipping 90 degrees, then waking up over a hundred feet beyond that point, and beyond the truck as well.

There was nobody around, so when I was knocked Unconscious and there was no one else there to observe? Could I have made a jump from A to C?

It certainly would explain how I remained basically unscathed, and how I was ejected and flew so far.

It was either that, or God, or guardian angels, or all of the above because I should have died.

edit on 21-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantstoknowmore
"I don't doubt that a conscious being's thoughts may have a direct effect on outcomes, but there is no scientific evidence that suggests this. This is a misinterpretation of experiments like "the double slit experiment" and "the quantum eraser experiment". Those experiments only suggest that the observer's ability to know "which path" information causes a wave to decohere into a path based on probability, which in the case of the double slit experiment, would be 50/50."

You are actually very wrong, that is not what they have done in the experiments. You totally misread everything David Bohm, and other quantum researchers have put forth, and are misconstruing the results of the experiments for some yet unknown purpose at present.

No. I'm actually very right. My purpose is only to clear the air of misinterpretations to expose the truth so that we can move forward with ideas that are based on facts.

What actually happened is that our(a living, breathing human being) observation causes the wave function passing through the slits to collapse into a particle(for lack of better word), and force it along one of the slits, showing that our consciousness has a direct effect on reality on a quantum level. That is what actually happens if you have every been at an experiment site yourself, which I doubt as you misconstrued it.

Apparently, you misconstrued what I said, as what I said is basically the same as what you just said. The only difference, between what I said and what you said (and I'm more right here than you) is that its not so much the observer's observation of the wave that causes decoherence as much as it is the observer's ability to know which path the wave will "collapse" into a particle through. Although the observer's observation of the wave going through two slits does cause the wave to collapse, it is not due to the observation of it as much as it is due to the capacity for the path it will take to be known. This was demonstrated in a variation of the double slit experiment known as, "the delayed choice quantum eraser experiment". Check it out on youtube.

In short, you are correct that observation causes decoherence. But it doesn't happen because the observer is observing, it happens because the observer has the ability to know. That is an important distinction to make.

edit on 21-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Possibly your will impacted the outcome. Possibly all three.

Glad you were okay.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join