It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence That the Human Body is a Projection of Consciousness

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

At that moment there wasn't yet any consciousness in you.

You speak about consciousness as if it is a separate entity or force. Either that, or you're confusing it with conscious awareness or sensory perception. As it's commonly referred to in spiritual circles or Satsangs , consciousness IS everything that exists. Including the appearance of the physical Universe including mind and body. It is the binding energy which creates all perceivable form. It is that from which form arises and is percieved.

What you said, would be like saying 'when the ocean wave is born, at that moment there wasn't any water in it. Without water, there is no Ocean and most certainly no waves.

I made a clear distinction between universal consciousness (the ocean) and self-consciousness (the wave).

I thought I repeated enough times in my posts?

edit: I see now that I did not always fully typed "self-" when I meant it.

Again I think we agree on that subject.

I'll leave more room now for other people to share their views

edit on 21-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Btw, there is a book that ties directly to this subject:

You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter

Is it possible to heal by thought alone—without drugs or surgery? The truth is that it happens more often than you might expect. In You Are the Placebo, Dr. Joe Dispenza shares numerous documented cases of those who reversed cancer, heart disease, depression, crippling arthritis, and even the tremors of Parkinson’s disease by believing in a placebo. Similarly, Dr. Joe tells of how others have gotten sick and even died the victims of a hex or voodoo curse—or after being misdiagnosed with a fatal illness. Belief can be so strong that pharmaceutical companies use double- and triple-blind randomized studies to try to exclude the power of the mind over the body when evaluating new drugs.
Dr. Joe does more than simply explore the history and the physiology of the placebo effect. He asks the question: “Is it possible to teach the principles of the placebo, and without relying on any external substance, produce the same internal changes in a person’s health and ultimately in his or her life?” Then he shares scientific evidence (including color brain scans) of amazing healings from his workshops, in which participants learn his model of personal transformation, based on practical applications of the so-called placebo effect. The book ends with a “how-to” meditation for changing beliefs and perceptions that hold us back—the first step in healing.
You Are the Placebo combines the latest research in neuroscience, biology, psychology, hypnosis, behavioral conditioning, and quantum physics to demystify the workings of the placebo effect . . . and show how the seemingly impossible can become possible.

I have his other book. It's a really good. It's mostly based on neuroplasticity and how we can change our whole identiy (subconscious programming) thus changing our whole reality (which is nothing more than a mirror of the subconscious mind).

Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One

Here is his TED Talk on the process:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

It does work and it's basically how "magick" works too. Did wonders for me to solve deeply rooted personal issues.

Self-programming/self-hypnosis/the power of belief, it's all the same.

(but I still think it doesn't mean the body is a projection of the mind and that we have COMPLETE control over it
)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
Some realities are shared by many. You being god isn't one.

It doesn't matter how many share it. Reality is in the eye of the beholder.

I never said you have to take pills or be locked up. You are just offended that I don't accept you as my personal god and voice it.

Huh? I am not on this website to recruit followers. Therefore, I never asked you to accept me as God. Although I can conclude that you would not accept me as God, I would not have been offended.

And FYI I'm not American and psychiatry isn't my religion.

You said in an earlier post,

You are correct that anyone having delusions should be psychologically assessed and taken care of if he can be a threat to himself or others. And that's coming from someone who had a psychotic break.

That would be like a Christian saying to another Christian about a person who does not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior saying, "You are correct that anyone who doesn't accept Christ will be sent to Hell."

Psychiatry is a religion, and you used said religion to "heal" yourself. I honestly think we can do better than the need for a pill pusher.

Of course, you wouldn't advocate for a mere delusional person to be forced pills (unless he/she was a threat), but the fact is, you feel that a delusional individual "should be psychologically assessed." You are forcing your religion down their throats...I thought we evolved from those days...

EDIT:

Isolomon can claim he is my god. I don't have to accept it. He can simply keep this for him but he chose to post it.

Buddy, buddy, you have to stop dragging in my other posts to other threads. I did not claim in this thread that I was God.

I mean, if you were using that to make the point that reality for me, which arose out of my thoughts, is that I believe I am God, that's a different story, but you brought it up in an attempt to "poison my well." (Look up that fallacy.)
edit on 21-5-2014 by iosolomon because: added in EDIT:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No one cares. Let's move on.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The links I posted earlier say that everything is a projection of the mind. Richard Conn Henry for example has said that the Universe is entirely mental (stuff of mind).

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
Consciousness is a projection of the body, which has been proved through injury, narcotics, and countless other avenues through which consciousness can be distorted by manipulating the body's normal function.

OP sez consciousness creates the body. You sez body creates consciousness. What if you are both right? How that sounds?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A reply to both SpaceGoatFarts and Visitor2012.

No one cares. Let's move on.

You brought it up first. If you did not care, why bring it up? Anyways, onto your other replies.

a reply to: Visitor2012

You speak about consciousness as if it is a separate entity or force. Either that, or you're confusing it with conscious awareness or sensory perception. As it's commonly referred to in spiritual circles or Satsangs , consciousness IS everything that exists. Including the appearance of the physical Universe including mind and body. It is the binding energy which creates all perceivable form. It is that from which form arises and is percieved.

The problem you seem to have is that you do not realize there are other ways of looking at the world. Take the cliche of "Is the glass half-full or half-empty?" In regards to consciousness, I could literally name you fifteen philosophers who each have a different take on how to view "the glass." Be careful with your ego. Your viewpoint of the world is NOT the only one.

I made a clear distinction between universal consciousness (the ocean) and self-consciousness (the wave).

Although you belittle my intelligence, for what it is worth, I understood you.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795

The links I posted earlier say that everything is a projection of the mind. Richard Conn Henry for example has said that the Universe is entirely mental (stuff of mind).

The Kybalion says that too. It's an old idea I'm familiar with.

Let's just say that from personal experience I don't share that opinion.

The world we experience is clearly mental, but when I was schizoid and able to "shape" the universe according to my will, it was clearly real for me (I could see it, touch it, smell it) but it wasn't shared. So I believe in both a mental construct of the universe and an underlying, objective reality.

The fact that, for people without external influence, the material world is the same and only the cultural world is different gives support to that idea. If the universe was truly only mental, different cultures without any contact with us would live in completely different material realities. They do not. Some things are similar for all people. Only interpretations differ.

The common part of reality is the objective and "non-mental" one.

But clearly there is an important mental part to reality.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You said:

Our consciousness is as you said. But our body is something else.
Your body started to grow as soon as your papa's sperm met your mama's egg. At that moment there wasn't yet any consciousness in you.

Are you talking about something along the lines of conscious awareness? As in the opposite of the medical term 'unconscious' or unaware? If so my apologies. I was referring to consciousness itself. Which is why I said it isn't separate from you or anything else, and it is not something that arises, comes or goes. And there is no separate universal consciousness and self consciousness.

I understand the difficulty with using words in these discussions, so perhaps I should have clarified first, before commenting.

edit on 21-5-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

I explained it in the end of the post you quoted.

edit: I see now that I did not always fully typed "self-" when I meant it.

Again I think we agree on that subject.

I'll leave more room now for other people to share their views

I meant self-awareness. Ego, conscious awareness, the feeling of being an individual being. But I did not fully typed it.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735 Yet another thing that blows my mind.Could explain why some of us feel like were not all there some days.( Im not there in the head at anytime!)
The power of suggestion is incredible. I can truly see the past when my energy was polluted and i wanted it to change,i know see that calming down was what was needed.Must use this calming idea.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

The world we experience is clearly mental, but when I was schizoid and able to "shape" the universe according to my will, it was clearly real for me (I could see it, touch it, smell it) but it wasn't shared. So I believe in both a mental construct of the universe and an underlying, objective reality.

Sorry to hear that.

The fact that, for people without external influence, the material world is the same and only the cultural world is different gives support to that idea. If the universe was truly only mental, different cultures without any contact with us would live in completely different material realities. They do not. Some things are similar for all people. Only interpretations differ.

Global consciousness studies could clarify that. There is a theory that we are connected in some non-physical way that we are not consciously aware of.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

The common part of reality is the objective and "non-mental" one.

But clearly there is an important mental part to reality.

Yet the evidence in those experiments I posted suggest otherwise.
edit on 21-5-2014 by TheBandit795 because: Fixed text formatting problems

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon

Although you belittle my intelligence, for what it is worth, I understood you.

I never belittled your intelligence.

Actually I was in your shoes when I had my psychotic break. I thought I was God too but the idea was so ridiculous to me that I kept it to myself.

I can perfectly relate to you and understand where this feeling is coming from. I just had a lot of time to integrate the experience and I can now see where I was wrong. There are tens of thousands who went through the same. If anything that points to the fact that neither You or Me are god, but We.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

I do believe in global consciousness (even got proof of it), but it has nothing to do with the universe being 100% mental.

Consciousness could be mental and matter nothing but matter. There is no contradiction.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

... Your viewpoint of the world is NOT the only one. 

Since this thread is about the body being a projection, I assumed we were talking about the generally accepted idea of the word Consciousness which means the very fabric of the observable universe and that which fundamentally speaking, we all are and everything else is. Nobody cramming definitions down your throat, I just asked which one are you referring to. Because when someone says ' consciousness is not in you yet' sounds more like something along the lines of Self-awareness. 

Be careful with your ego.

Then later in your post..

....Although you belittle my intelligence, for what it is worth, I understood you. 

Sigh...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know these studies, but they don't constitute a proof the universe is 100% mental for me. This is where we will have to agree to disagree
(but I do find quantum physics fascinating and even work in the particle physics field).

PS: these studies are showing we "create" (hum hum it's actually quite a stretch but anyway) reality when we observe subatomic particles. But it doesn't work at macro scale.

We are still waiting for a theory to unite the quantum theory with the macro scale. So far material reality at normal scale is still independant of our observation because of the law of numbers. When you look at an object you are not looking at one electron but billions, and in that case the rules are a bit different because probabilities become more important than individual, discrete observations... It's a bit complex to understand but the subject is.

It's like when physics acknowledges a single particle can behave in an infinite different ways, but the probablity for a broken glass to come back together is too low for it to happen.

Probabilities for particles and billions of particles are wildly different.

Likewise, it's hard to predict the behaviour of one person, but it's easier to predict the behaviour of a crowd.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Deal. I think we both can live with that. To me it is evidence that the universe is 100% mental.

Here's another article:

Quantum magic trick shows reality is what you make it

They found that the resulting statistics could only be explained if the combination of properties that was tested was affecting the value of the property being measured. "There is no sense in assuming that what we do not measure about a system has [an independent] reality," Zeilinger concludes.

Steinberg is impressed: "This is a beautiful experiment." If previous experiments testing entanglement shut the door on hidden variables theories, the latest work seals it tight. "It appears that you can't even conceive of a theory where specific observables would have definite values that are independent of the other things you measure," adds Steinberg.

Kochen, now at Princeton University in New Jersey, is also happy. "Almost a half century after Specker and I proved our theorem, which was based on a [thought] experiment, real experiments now confirm our result," he says.

Niels Bohr, a giant of quantum physics, was a great proponent of the idea that the nature of quantum reality depends on what we choose to measure, a notion that came to be called the Copenhagen interpretation. "This experiment lends more support to the Copenhagen interpretation," says Zeilinger.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

If one applies quantum mechanics to the issue of consciousness. It is possible that each of us are a part of some infinite puzzle. The permutations with respect to multiverse theory are incredible.

As there are not just the issue of doppelgangers, in relation to the electron cloud but, as well in relation to the individual Universe we occupy.

One can relate to this in context of each individual life but what of the whole.

Each of us like a facet to a diamond.

Any thoughts?

Namaste, my Brothers and Sisters. Let me begin with some explanations. Then, I will reveal to you all why we are ONE, and we are all connected from a SINGLE Source. The only reason why you perceive each person, animal, plant, or rock as separate from you is because it is an absolute Illusion. It is a flat TV screen with moving pictures. But after all, it is just pictures. Once upon a time, you were sitting outside of this physical world watching this movie on the TV. But as you ponder the significance of being part of this illusion, you stepped right into the TV. Now, it's SO REAL to you that you no longer believe it's just a bunch of moving pictures. You now believe you are living in a Reality when it's still a flat TV screen. My friends, even your body is not real. This so called reality is a projection of your consciousness as the OP presented.

Now, with the image I just painted for you, I will now talk about an interesting puzzle piece that connects us all, even while in an illusory reality. Outside of this reality (before you stepped into the TV screen), you have the TRUE Reality, which I call God's ONE Reality. In God's Reality, you know with all your Heart that you are a piece of God's Consciousness. That God broke a piece of His mind and made you become the individual God being. Those who follow my threads and posts, you already understand this piece of the puzzle.

Let's move it forward to the illusion we live in. Although we seem to be separate with different bodies and personalities, we are still connected through a Unity Consciousness Grid that exists around the Earth. Every single planet in the Universe has this Grid. This Consciousness Grid is connected to the Grid around the Solar System, and its Grid is connected to the Milky Way's Grid. This goes on until you are outside of the Universe we live in. This Universe we live in is just a small and young Universe that is connected to the Super Universes, which are connected to the Omniverse. Everything have Grids that are interconnected with each other.

Everything has a consciousness, even the tiny rock you just stepped on. This rock is connected to the Earth's Unity Consciousness Grid. Otherwise, it wouldn't even exist. Does the rock have its own Grid? You better believe it. What is this Grid I keep talking about? In this 3rd Dimensional World, our memories and events are only recorded in your brain temporarily. The true recording happens in the Earth's Unity Consciousness Grid. This is where every SINGLE event, no matter how small or big, it gets recorded into the Grid (Akashic Records). We may not realize it, but we tap into this Grid on a daily basis. We rely on it to recall long and short term memories. For example, who you are, what is you name, and where do you live. When we "invented" the automobile, it gets recorded into the Grid. When ants are building their homes, it gets recorded into the Grid. If a person somewhere in China created a new dance, suddenly somebody in the west thought of the same dance. If a person started a fashion trend in Indonesia, a person in Canada would start the same if not very similar fashion trend. This is why when one part of the world does something, the other part of the one in some remote island will suddenly realize the same thing. We are all connected. Another name of the Unity Consciousness Grid is Christ Consciousness--this I have mentioned in many of my threads. This is the Universal Mind of God.

What does this Grid look like? Why can't we see it? Well, it's 4th Dimensional. You can't see it unless scientists create special equipment in space to analyze it. Ever heard of the counter rotating Star Tetrahedron (six-sided star in 2D space, 8-sided star in 3D space) that surrounds a person known in ancient times as the Mer-Ka-Ba? The Jews call it the Star of David (on their flag, yes?) Guess what? The Earth's Unity Consciousness Grid is the same thing. The rock mentioned earlier has one. The ants building their home all have one. The Mer-Ka-Ba is more than just a vehicle (much more), it is the Earth's Consciousness connected to each and every one of you. Do you see why We are One? When you return to the 4th Dimension and especially in the 5th, all this stuff we be much clearer to you. Because you will realize that you are a piece of God--flowing and rotating in the beautiful Orchestra of the Universe.

edit on 5/21/2014 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join