It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can sensitive racial topics BE discussed without term 'racist' being thrown around? Let's see....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

Ok, I will rephrase. Africa has been in a third world state of corruption and shoddy practices. Ok, so maybe not "perpetual" war, but wars on a large and devastating scale. Rwanda, Tutsis and hootos, Sierra leone, ivory coast, the Congo, Sudan, Kenya, Rhodesia......not sure how many all are in Africa, countries wise, but thats a lot of at war. Plus thier form of war is repugnant. Kidnapping child soldiers.......

I am NOT being racist, sir, by stating the FACT of the matter witch is African nations have maintained a "closely perpetual form of war going in any 2 or 3 countries at any given time. Somalian Pirates?

Africa needs a lot of help, and they always have. Not because they can't do it themselves, but the land creates enormous challenges, and there isn't much money, so investors are needed. Who wants to invest in a war torn #hole? Not many people or, entities.

The British and the Frence gutted Africa. DeBeers, Africa's crown jewel diamond mine owed by Brits while black Africans scramble around in the mud to find them.

You keep calling me a racist, but I am only trying to understand. Every Point I have made has been "real", but not derogatory, racist, condescending and I surely didn't mean any disrespected, please forgive me.

Once we are able to haven "real" discussions without using the racist term so much
we might be able to finally get there as a species.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SenterSun

How many black Americans do you know that like Africans... real Africans? I don't know any honestly... they don't get along at all. I'm not even sure what Africa and their problems has to do with the thread anyway.

Two different countries, two VERY different peoples.
edit on 19-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

As far as public figures and government heads, who are black, making comments that were probably more appropriate 40 years ago, they just cant help themselves. They are old enough to remember, fully indoctrinated in that school of thought and always dreamed of being able to talk about it on a public platform of high profile. Instead of talking about how far we have come they talk as if its 1960. They may be simply the polished but reverse side of the coin as this 70 year old police chief out east.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Can sensitive topics be discussed...?

No, not really...Not in the US, anyway.

We're not far enough removed from the inhumanity of slave trade
and the lingering vestiges of racism and hate. It's just not possible
to talk open and freely yet, while we still have aged citizens who
can clearly recall riding in the back of the bus as second class citizens.

Give it another half century or so...

Or you could wait another five hundred years and we'll all be the
same damn color and race won't matter...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Well sure, I get that. I just wish they could see the dishonor it brings upon the great men of the civil rights era. They didn't first this wonderful, non-violent protest, sacrificing so much along the way to watch these idiot black politicians get up and completely destroy everything the civil rights movement stood for. From All that work, a (half)Black president and his company of mongoloid, eugenicist goons that work for him in his office as well as George W Bush have perpetuated a crime of almost unknown dimensions against America.

Bush, Cheney, Greenspan, Obama, Biden, Bernanke, Holder and Clinton should all go to trial for war crimes and the misuse of power, without the possibility of parole. That's just off the top of my head. We need serious term limits for Senators, and many, many of them need to go to jail too. More civilian oversight in our law writing areas.

Remember: Iceland just kicked their central bankers out, had a few arrested, and proceeded to rebuild thier economy. Going strong now. It CAN be done!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The answer to your question is no. If you even SUGGEST something racially controversial (it doesn't even have to be a stereotype), you will be called a racist. Things like being against AA or immigration reform, or heck even just not being an Obama supporter will all get you labeled a racist. It doesn't matter how well reasoned your thoughts are, you are clearly racially motivated in their eyes.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

How can you complain at eugenic policy making, while at the same time using the word mongoloid as some negative qualifier in a remark? Which ideological stand point are you coming at this from exactly. See, use of terminology like that is GOING to make you look bad. You might not like the fact, but a fact it remains!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
People are naturally defensive towards their own race. Is that wrong?
I suppose if your white then you are at risk of turning into a nazi evil murdering genocidal hater if you do not accept that whites are bad,have always been bad and are responsible for all the ills of human race.

I

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse

Quite clearly, this is a ridiculous argument.

The reality is quite the opposite. Unless people are willing to accept that their nation, and their ancestors were wrong some of the time, and elect to learn from those errors, then we have no way to avoid repeating them. Over edification of ones ancestors is as dangerous as having no respect for them what so ever.

One can love his country without loving everything it ever did, but unless people are willing to see the space between apathy and rabid, foam mouthed extremism ON BOTH SIDES of any racial debate, the entire idea of reconciliation is a non starter, and that in turn invalidates all progress being made toward achieving the aims which unite all peoples of mankind.

These lofty goals include outliving the planet from which we were born, travel to the outer reaches of our solar system in person, escaping our solar system and developing the exotic technologies which will get us there, not to mention the mathematics upon which they are based. They include ending world poverty, learning how to adapt to a changing climate in at risk areas, improving the health and well being of all people on the planet, and figuring out ways to improve the way politics operates.

All of these things, these crucial aspects of the future, will be held back, put on hold, if people KEEP insisting that they ought to allow themselves the ignorance required to think themselves perfect, or better than any other person.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Mixing of races works well in some areas and poorly in others. The fact of the matter is, it is a basic part of human psychology to want to belong to "groups", while looking down on those outside of your own groups. This can apply to almost anything; people who share your political beliefs, people who dress like you... But race especially. A white person might see a black person and subconsciously think of them as "different", and vice-versa. Most of the time, this pre-disposition to feel more comfortable with similar people as yourself does not result in racism, but the fact remains, we separate ourselves into groups. Is it wrong for a white person to feel more comfortable in a room full of other white people? Is it wrong for a black person to feel more comfortable in a room full of other black people? Not really, this is just how our brains work.
Another thing to consider is this. Imagine this scenario: A white person is standing in a room full of, say, 20 black people. One of those people suddenly makes a comment along the lines of "Man, I hate those white people! They're always oppressing us!". Nobody else speaks up. This could easily leave the impression that all black people dislike white people, correct? But the fact is, that could have been the only black person in the room who felt that way, and nobody else wanted to get involved with the negativity associated with such things. Racism exists, yes, but we often perceive it to be on a much larger scale, simply because we see and hear those who speak out, but not the ones who remain silent.

Anyway, racism does exist. It always will. Some people are going to use it to their advantage... White people capitalizing on black-on-white crimes to push a political agenda, black people capitalizing on racism to fan the flames and push for more benefits... There are racist people in every race, and it will always be this way, because we have psychologically and socially evolved to see differences in others and to associate with those similar to us.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Can sensitive racial topics BE discussed without term 'racist' being thrown around?

The answer the question put forward in the OP - Not here. Some see it everywhere. And some even believe only white people can be racist. So prepare to be flamed.

Not some people only believe White people can be racist.

It was actually taught to me in college.

The line was "only the oppressor can be racist (meaning white people) the oppressed (meaning minorities) are never racist."

This was taught in a major university. I was dating a guy (getting his Masters in SOC) in LaRaza at the time, he refused to let me come anywhere near his LaRaza friends, he was ashamed of dating a white girl. I offered to dye my blonde hair black, but he was appalled that I thought dying my hair would fix the problem. All his LaRaza friends were very racist against white people. It hurt me like you can't believe. And I dated this guy for 2 years. Glutton for punishment I guess.

Back to the OP, as long as our leadership promotes racism like the Democratic Party is doing for it's own gain, then no, we will never be able to talk about racial issues without name calling.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Unfortuneatly its going to be a very long time yet till humans grow up and realise all are the same .. my bet is theyll wipe themselves out with the idiocy over something that means absolutely nothing ..

There is only one race - the human race ..

You are so spot on.

It is division among people that keeps the powers that be in power

if people weren't divided, there would be no need to be protected

if there were no need to be protected on a massive scale like we have now

we would need far, far, far less government

and that scares the h--l out of people in power.

That is why the Obamas go around pointing out every racist minutia they can find rather than saying how far we have come.

Why is it ok to have Black Entertainment Network, but to call a network White Entertainment Network would be called racist. Why is it ok to have a Black Student Union, but to have a White Student Union would be called racist. Why do schools allow the "black tables" while if the students self designated "white tables" they would be punished for being racist. Why are all black colleges ok, but if a college self identified as all white it would be shut down.
30 years ago I understood the need for these things, but now they are simply divisive and just as "racist" as if it were reversed.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Well guess what? It's racist if it isn't equal and fair across the board, says I. Your not gonna give blacks an advantage over other races in that manner. They could do unto us what we couldn't return in kind. Like I said, it's social justice they are after.

Thats ok.

The hunters will soon become the hunted.......
edit on 19-5-2014 by SenterSun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SenterSun

Well guess what? It's racist if it isn't equal and far across the board, says I. Your not gonna give blacks an advantage over other races in that manner. They could do unto us what we couldn't return in kind. Like I said, it's social justice they are after.

Thats ok.

The hunters will soon become the hunted.......

That is such an evil statement.

Are you saying it is ok to hunt down white people (many of whom were born long after the 70's and all were born long after slavery) because 200 years ago they had ancestors who were evil and enslaved black people?

Do you not realize that slavery existed in Africa and nearby nations, long before white people took black slaves in Africa, do you not realize that slavery still exists only in Africa and countries nearby?

I understand social justice, I had it slammed down my throat for 2 years. It has come to mean, make
"them" (white people) pay for something they had nothing to do with (rather their long dead ancestors did).

Why not exact social justice from the original slave owners? Africans? See how silly the argument becomes.

Revenge may be "sweet" for the hunter, but it breeds more "revenge and hatred" on the hunted. An extremely evil proposition at best.

Social justice has become a euphemism these days for "beat, kill and maim as many white people as possible" and that will end racism. How absurd and evil a proposition.
edit on 19-5-2014 by grandmakdw because: clarity

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I speak of the evil ones he surrounds himself with. John Holden was a eugenics advocate, along with many others. To me they are they only ones worthy of the name mongoloid. Cass sunstein, trying his damnedest to get rid of the "dangerous conspiracy sites". Howd you like to only get your news from fox or CNN for the rest of...
Ever.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

No, Hun, im sorry. You misunderstand. Im with you. I was explaining how they think.

That is soon what will be Allowedto happen to us whites, especially Christians. Why amnesty? Why Somalian refugees in Montana? Already talk of Kenyan refugees of around 30 million. 50 million, total.

White people, especially Christian ones, may have grown a little too smart for thier own good. Better to be idolized by somalis and Kenyans, than constantly suspected by Americans.

The new African Americans would worship him as king....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
People please get it right. There is no such thing as racism, we are the human race, get it?
This is called prejudice and discrimination. Its still wrong but it's not racism.

Peace.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I travel pretty much world wide for work, and as such I see a lot of the country. Downtown Chicago, Compton, Downtown DC, Baltimore, all the major "crime cities". I work with all cultures, races, religions, so I don't consider myself to be racist.

I have been accused of being racist, simply because I don't agree with a viewpoint of somebody. During the first Obama election I was told if I voted against Obama, I was racist, by a co-worker. I don't see peoples skin, or their religion, or race, I see what they can do, how they do it. We are all equal, and its a shame we can't disagree with somebody from another race without the race card being played. What was that Austin Powers quote? There is only two things I despise. People who are intolerant of other races, and the Dutch.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Do you think that hyperbole, obvious Christian agenda driven thread and post, insulting our intelligence with rude name calling, is going to convince anyone to your point of view?

Not very damn likely. However as a flag and star fishing expedition, it might be very successful.

Racism is alive and well in America, by all races! Racism doesn't discriminate!

Despite all our impressive technology; we are still a tribal species, only recently walking upright on two legs.

What do you expect???
edit on 19-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Apologies to SenterSun.

Mods, do we have a sarcasm emoticon? We need one. I have used sarcasm and been misunderstood in the past.

Or maybe a "rule" to end a post with - sarcasm above, I'll be doing that in the future. Sarcasm often doesn't come across as such without a "verbal" cue to the receiver, which we can't give, so we need a sarcasm icon.

Maybe squeeze SAR
....................CSM

into an icon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join