It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can sensitive racial topics BE discussed without term 'racist' being thrown around? Let's see....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure how you expect the word racist/racism to disappear when tossing around terms like "feral blacks". Are you serious?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Rasicm is just another perpetual part of a backwards society. I think by creating threads like this one, OP just fans the flames and plays right into TPTBs paws

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I believe stories like what Sterling said help fuel racism. I also believe the most racist people in the US are blacks or as we are told by the PC police, African Americans. It is okay for a black person to say racist things publicly, but a white guy says something privately and the media goes into a frenzy.

Racism creates such an emotional response and that makes it difficult for a forum discussion to be productive. Look at most of the race threads on ATS, they quickly become a bunch of short posts filled with bickering and no substance to add to the thread.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Good luck trying to have a frank discussion, slang or no slang, PC or not PC. For some reason, not discussing racism makes us cowards unwilling to come together to get rid of racism. But at the same time, discussing it in any manner, no matter how carefully, makes us racist also. We've been brainwashed to think no matter what we do, we're perpetuating racism.

originally posted by: neversaynever
I live in a black country in Africa. We are a handful less than 4% of the population is white. Here is less racism and more tolerance between the people of the country than I saw in the week I spend in the USA. That was in 2010.

When I was a teenager, I used to write to teens across the African continent (the old fashioned way! With paper, envelopes and stamps and waiting ages for letters to arrive!) That was in the 90's, and a common belief (and a strong one at that) was that black Americans calling themselves African American was insulting to Africans, because they were nothing alike in their eyes. A few of them had met black Americans traveling in their countries, and were simply disgusted with their attitudes and behaviors. Does this still hold true today? It's been many years, if these were common beliefs then, they could have faded/changed by now.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd say you failed from almost the beginning of your post. Your title question doesn't match your topic. A better match would be, "CAN YOU SAY STUFF LIKE I'M GOING TO AND NOT BE CALLED RACIST?" or "IS IT OK TO BE RACIST IF YOU THINK OTHERS ARE RACIST IN THE OTHER DIRECTION?" You DO come across as pretty racist, with exceptions only where you deem deserved. You have thrown around terms and overreaching stereotypes, and if they were about me, I'd be offended (if I was more easily offended). I am mostly white (I'm white, but I gotta claim at least the almost 2% Native in me), so I hope you don't think I'm just being racist against you.

I have more to say, but I want to split up my thoughts into posts...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
...That being said...

I don't think you should focus on color of skin. Disliking someone for their actions, instead, would serve everyone better. Even if you can recognize the racism directed at you, collecting and redistributing it does few people any good. I am white, and I get racism directed at me... I guess I could say I'm lucky because I wouldn't really say it's a hate kind of racism, though. It's more like I'm almost just not compatible with a certain culture. I for the most part believe, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." This usually gets me by, because I try to avoid conflict.

(These eggshells are brittle... This post is wearing out my delete key!)

Lightly related: I used to like rap music a lot more... I wonder what I'd be like if rap replaced the country music I listened to while growing up. Rap is stereotypically violent, vulgar, degrading, egotistical, etc. (I know that what I speak of is just a sample of what is called RAP.) But when I catch a glimpse/whisper of what rap music is popular at a given time, I find my mood takes a dive, partly because of the message/feel of the song, and partly because I know from observation, now, how impressionable young ones are these days, and I am empathetic to those this hurts. Hypothetically, if kids are young enough, ANY garbage can influence them... Or they don't like it, and either stay away from it, widening any segregation, or are looked down at as (back to OP a little) intolerant.

Which kinda brings me to: Rather than worrying about racism, people should worry more about the extinction of family structure and values. (Not talking about same sex relationships, or anything) Children need adult (acting) role models. A village is needed to raise children sometimes... Note I said, "village," not business or corporation, which is what the governing bodies has devolved into.
edit on 5/19/2014 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

A friend of mine grew up in Jamaica and moved to the US when he was a young adult. He says he did not know he was black until he moved to the US.

The race divide is a part of US culture.

edit on 19-5-2014 by jrod because: typO

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SenterSun

Discussions about race will always get heated. Don't think it's possible to have a discussion, the internet especially, without emotions getting out of control.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SenterSun
a reply to: thekaboose

Ok, I will rephrase. Africa has been in a third world state of corruption and shoddy practices. Ok, so maybe not "perpetual" war, but wars on a large and devastating scale. Rwanda, Tutsis and hootos, Sierra leone, ivory coast, the Congo, Sudan, Kenya, Rhodesia......not sure how many all are in Africa, countries wise, but thats a lot of at war. Plus their form of war is repugnant. Kidnapping child soldiers.......

I am NOT being racist, sir, by stating the FACT of the matter witch is African nations have maintained a "closely perpetual form of war going in any 2 or 3 countries at any given time. Somalian Pirates?

Africa needs a lot of help, and they always have. Not because they can't do it themselves, but the land creates enormous challenges, and there isn't much money, so investors are needed. Who wants to invest in a war torn #hole? Not many people or, entities.

The British and the Frence gutted Africa. DeBeers, Africa's crown jewel diamond mine owed by Brits while black Africans scramble around in the mud to find them.

Ok, let me be frank about all the wars and time frames you have been throwing about. Due to lack of written history in certain areas (most of the information and stories handed down via stories which at a later date were written down but twisted over time in most cases) some wars or fights have been lost to the ages.

Yes there has been conflict across the continent but no more then any other continent, look at Europe / Asia; where history boiled down to it is nothing but violence and sex.

Doesn't it seem like America is constantly at war? Call it what you want but until troops are pulled from foreign land in an occupational situation then, war it is.

Now - compare;

en.wikipedia.org...

vs

en.wikipedia.org...

Considering a lot of different countries vs One.

Also, the biggest help would have been GM food that passed all the tests many years ago developed by Norman Borlaug stopped by Green Peace (Mainly an American "Chapter" of it). Sending money to sort it out, not a good idea, sending goods - normally intercepted. Feet on the ground helping... ok a bit better.

Best way to stop most of it?

Get rid of religion, then that leaves you with people who are power hungry. Bullet to the head stops that doesnt it? Nope causes a power vacuum. No one can come up with a tangible idea to actually stop all of this.

Im getting OT here now, so will go back to my original statement (to a degree). Chucking around numbers and "facts" to support your statement which haven't really been researched, not a good idea.

Yes, I know that the British really screwed up and we do take the blame for our fair share. But things did seem more peaceful around the continent when religion was based on either Islam or local faiths. Christianity did not help what so ever

Please note: I have no degree's in history, I studied Geography. I am a fan of it and like to read up for a few hours a day on different parts of the world (some taking me months to complete)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I find the obsession that a lot of members here have with white victimhood quite disturbing.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What other term should I use for a gang of 150 or so black people, many children among them even, young children, who collectively dragged a whole white family, husband wife and 2 kids out of their car at a red light and beat the ever loving # out of them, just because they could?

FERAL is a damn good description. All those people should be jailed or....something.

Funny how they never try that # in Texas. Lmao!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So, Wikipedia is your source? I'm not throwing around inaccurate statements. A lot of the horrific # that goes on in Africa is never reported. It's full of backwards countries who have always been and will always be corrupt, backwards, petty, AIDS infested #holes.

Yeah, blame Christianity. That seems the popular thing to do today.

Africa is a time-tested cess pit. If someone could remove its inhabitants, that may be a different story. Until then, gang warfare mentality writ large is all you'll ever get. Oh and raped and murdered little girls by the quadrillion......

#ing sickening.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The racism is more of a clas issue than a skin issue.

I seen poor neighbourhood where skin colour does not matter, they all try to get by(and of course, robbberies and shooting is common, not because of skin colour, because of poverty).

How often you seen two rich men with different skin colour fight each other? not very often right? If you rich and well off the rest of human are nothing but ants to you and you still hate them, that would be true racism.

a poor person being racist ss not 100% racism, tho it might have some roots in it.

As for OP, i think he is biased as hell and watch too much media.

Anyone who talk about entire population instead of individual is clearly going to get labelled as such and well deserved, like the OP.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Did not some 98% of black voters, counting the illegal double and triple voters, elect this fool? The crimes he has committed should lead to impeachment hearings like, yesterday, followed by a trial and prison time for him and several others.

Tell me, what will the Black communities reaction be to that, even though his crimes are well earned? Think they'll be ok with all that? I say, not a chance in Hell.

Nationwide riots, anyone?
edit on 20-5-2014 by SenterSun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

So, Wikipedia is your source? I'm not throwing around inaccurate statements. A lot of the horrific # that goes on in Africa is never reported. It's full of backwards countries who have always been and will always be corrupt, backwards, petty, AIDS infested #holes.

Yeah, blame Christianity. That seems the popular thing to do today.

Africa is a time-tested cess pit. If someone could remove its inhabitants, that may be a different story. Until then, gang warfare mentality writ large is all you'll ever get. Oh and raped and murdered little girls by the quadrillion......

#ing sickening.

Nope not just Wiki, I read books; you know the things with pages which isnt on the internet and has factual statements. So you are telling me you have personally been to EVERY country in Africa? Seen it all for yourself? If so well done you. Oh no wait, you are basing this on what you have seen on TV. Yes there are terrible countries with complete *'s for leaders.

Oh and raped and murdered little girls by the quadrillion......

So you have seen the news recently and the horrible story about the 200+ girls kidnapped by extremists which does happen, I will not deny it but by the quadrillion? How about you actually give us a real number, a cold hard fact of all reported cases instead on another 8 or 9 thousand year quote comes out.

I am talking about Africa in an historical light, not talking about what other countries influences have caused some countries in Africa to become.

Want to talk sh*t? Please go on about how the Christians & Muslims in C.A.R? How the followers of "god" deny the use of condoms in Africa saying "it goes against god" which then increases the spread of AIDs.

If someone could remove its inhabitants, that may be a different story

That is by far the worst thing I have heard on this forum, you are advocating genocide. Quick, pick your own evil!

I really hope you are a troll, because if you are not you really are a small minded backward racist. Not just for your dig's at Africa but your general mentality of "us and them". If you need to label people by the colour of their skin as "them" then you are; my dear fellow, a racist

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I've been to several African countries. There are some nice people, but they are all generally crapholes. I know nothing about the condom thing. I read a ton of books. "hotel rwanda" being one. Also Blood Diamond.

I was not only speaking of the 200 girls and Boko Harem, which was just their latest, by the way. They burned alive 310 young girls a while back. I tried to find how many girls go missing in Africa each year but there was no info. Then I tried just missing PEOPLE. Nothing. I'm forced to conclude that there are so many girls kidnapped and people murdered in Africa each year that it's literally impossible to put a number on it.

I said nothing will EVER change in Africa unless you were to "remove" the population FROM Africa. Like, to somewhere else. Not KILL them all....good Lord. Sorry for the confusion there.

The fact remains, Africa is the most backwards, evil continent on Earth and

NO, IT'S NOT BECAUSE ALL THE WHITE COUNTRIES "MADE IT THAT WAY." EVEN IF THEY HAD HAVE DONE, WHO LET THEM? TAKE SOME #ING RESPONSIBILITY. IM SO SICK OF HEARING THAT IRRESPONSIBLE RETORT.

AFRICA IS A #HOLE BCAUSE AFRICANS APPARENTLY ENJOY LIVING IN #HOLES. AFRICANS KILL EACH OTHER AT GREATER NUMBERS THAN ANYWHERE ON EARTH BECAUSE AFRICANS LIKE KILLING. IT'S TIME TO STOP ALL THE B.S. EXCUSES, LOOK AT THE NUMBERS AND DON'T BLAME OTHER PEOPLE FOR YOUR OWN BULL#. # AFRICA.

My official opinion.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

NO, IT'S NOT BECAUSE ALL THE WHITE COUNTRIES "MADE IT THAT WAY." EVEN IF THEY HAD HAVE DONE, WHO LET THEM? TAKE SOME #ING RESPONSIBILITY. IM SO SICK OF HEARING THAT IRRESPONSIBLE RETORT.

AFRICA IS A #HOLE BCAUSE AFRICANS APPARENTLY ENJOY LIVING IN #HOLES. AFRICANS KILL EACH OTHER AT GREATER NUMBERS THAN ANYWHERE ON EARTH BECAUSE AFRICANS LIKE KILLING. IT'S TIME TO STOP ALL THE B.S. EXCUSES, LOOK AT THE NUMBERS AND DON'T BLAME OTHER PEOPLE FOR YOUR OWN BULL#. # AFRICA.

My official opinion.

Again, small minded. I would point counter all the dribble put down there but I'll just jump to the shouty bits.

Who let them? The white guys with guns kind of made them (Also flags). They tried to take responsibility originally when it happened but that lead to slaughters across the continent .

They apparently enjoy it? No, due to it being the worlds dumping ground and the mass debt they are in doesn't help. Rich countries protecting their agricultural markets while forcing poor countries to open theirs, leading to dumping and flooding of products, driving local people out of businesses and livelihoods.

I know the HIPC was meant to help but that was 18 years ago and the amount of debt might look tiny to first world countries, but their debt has crippled them, a downward spiral caused by ignorance from the rest of the world. People cannot help being born, they cannot help their parents situation when the come into this world. They strive to better themselves but in countries where people like you look down on them, how far do you think they can go?

Struggling educational system's stemming what could be some of the most brilliant minds of our generation due to debt, they DO NOT choose to live in these conditions they try to improve it, they try to live good lives but to hell with that right? You must be right.

Main reasons for the killings?

Do a quick check, Honduras and Venezuela hold the top per 100,000 murders per year. You know where they are right?

Reasons for killings:

1. Religion
2. Drugs
3. Warlords

I am not saying that Africa isnt perfect, but at least do some research before you start shouting
edit on 3107America/Chicagokamb2014201459America/Chicago by thekaboose because: Reasons!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join