It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Faces Charges After Destroying Woman’s Eyesight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A Beaumont California policeman is facing charges for firing his gunpowder-propelled pepper spray weapon into her face from less than a foot away destroying her eyesight.

The cop says she resisted but the dashcam video shows her standing there with her hands behind her back not resisting.

He shined a laser in her face then fired the gunpowder propelled pepper spray in her face.

The force of the pepper spray sliced her right eye in half and fractured her right orbital bone.

It also severed the optic nerve in her left eye.

“[Hernandez’s] eyeballs were literally blown into pieces, and the person who did this was a police officer,” Carney told the courtroom.

“She has her hands behind her back. Yes, she’s mouthy and drunk, but there is no way to justify his response,” Carney went on to say.

Clark, 38, no longer works for the city of Beaumont or for the police department.

He has been charged with assault by a police officer causing injury, assault with a less lethal weapon, battery causing serious injury and assault resulting in great bodily injury. If convicted of the disabling assault, he could face more than 20 years in prison.

banoosh.com...

I hope they put this guy away for a long time.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Wow. I'm not into drunks either, but that must have been one malicious violent reaction to her to have done that much harm. Sure, put him in jail, and I'll volunteer to be the keeper of the keys.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is absolutely sickening. I am so glad to see this officer not only fired but facing charges just as he should be. Scumbag should have to choose between 20 years in jail or having his own eyes shot out.

On another note, "gun-powder propelled pepper spray?"
Since when is this a thing and for god's sake why?? My febreeze squirts out of the bottle pretty damn far no gun powder necessarry.

Id love another ATS member with knowledge to explain just what kind of pepper spray device this was? I have never heard of pepper spray which can BREAK BONES!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Having read the article, the following can be stated:

If the evidence supports her claims, then the officer should get the Max penalty that is under the law. And as part of the punitative action, the city not only should agree to what the woman is asking for, but also give that officers pension to her for the rest of her natural life for doing this. There was no reason for maiming a person. And that is what this officer did, he maimed a person, no matter if she was drunk or not, and especially if she was cooperating with the officer and his direction.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The cop says she resisted but the dashcam video shows her standing there with her hands behind her back not resisting.

Same thing every time, it seems, the old "He/she was coming right at me" bullcrap. A legal gang of liars, thieves, thugs and murderers who have the right to do whatever the hell they want. It's quite sickening.

We will be lucky if this pig ever sees the inside of a prison, as per usual.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

According to the article, the pepper gun launches pepper spray at 405mph

And he fired it right in front of her face???????
What an idiot!!!!

Don't they teach these police officers how to work their toys?

Common sense should have told him he was too damn close

Drunk or not, this lady did not deserve this and will never be the same again

The police department should have to pay for her medical expenses...they're the ones that supplied this gadget to the officer and evidently, no one told him how far away he should be when using it on a person
[Seems as tho logical thinking isn't a requirement]

--405 MPH--
WOW!!
Sounds like she's lucky not to have any kind of brain damage as well
That's some quite some force of pressure to the face

edit on 15-5-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'm confused. Why didn't the officer get the standard paid vacation until people forgot about him? She must be related to somebody important.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I'm confused. Why didn't the officer get the standard paid vacation until people forgot about him? She must be related to somebody important.

Nah, the offense and injury were so blatant there was no way to wriggle the department out of this one. He's gonna get the book since he's going down anyway. If they don't there may well be riots.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That poor woman!

What a disgusting world we live in when our LEADERS ALLOW THEIR THUGS to do this to people!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
That poor woman!

What a disgusting world we live in when our LEADERS ALLOW THEIR THUGS to do this to people!

that shows what they must think of us the people.....we are slaves that can be treated with contempt

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's about time these pigs are held accountable for their actions. When, and if, a revolution starts here in America, I believe LEOs will be at the top of many people's list.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
It's about time these pigs are held accountable for their actions. When, and if, a revolution starts here in America, I believe LEOs will be at the top of many people's list.

True, but who do they work for?
Shouldn't people be naming and shaming the leaders that ALLOW them to do this?

THEY WORK FOR THE POTUS!!!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Disgusting. But what'll be more disgusting is when that officer gets a veritable slap on the wrist over this.

They always do.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

You make a valid point. I, personally, have often wondered why we are seeing such an uptick in police brutality. For awhile it seemed like many of our returning veterans were the target of this brutality, with several threads posted here about veterans being assaulted by the police, almost as if they were told to be cautious when dealing with those who had served in Iraq and Afghanistan, and therefore took a "strike first" kind of stance.

Or, on the flipside, are many of these veterans being hired as LEOs, and what we're seeing is the effects of PTSD? Regardless of the cause, police brutality has certainly ramped up over the past several years.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That poor woman!

Nobody's allowing this. He's been fired and is facing 20 years in prison...which he deserves.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

True, but who do they work for?
Shouldn't people be naming and shaming the leaders that ALLOW them to do this?

What? This ahole worked for the Beaumont, California PD not the President.

As for this cop... what kind of insane sadistic impulse would lead a man to shoot a weapon like this point blank into a person's eyes for any reason, let alone a little drunken mouthing off? There's absolutely no way he's going to slide on this.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
This is absolutely sickening. I am so glad to see this officer not only fired but facing charges just as he should be. Scumbag should have to choose between 20 years in jail or having his own eyes shot out.

On another note, "gun-powder propelled pepper spray?"
Since when is this a thing and for god's sake why?? My febreeze squirts out of the bottle pretty damn far no gun powder necessarry.

Id love another ATS member with knowledge to explain just what kind of pepper spray device this was? I have never heard of pepper spray which can BREAK BONES!

It basically looks like a firearm (think taser looking gun). An oc cartridge (pepper spray) is loaded into it then fired.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a reply to: VoidHawk

You make a valid point. I, personally, have often wondered why we are seeing such an uptick in police brutality. For awhile it seemed like many of our returning veterans were the target of this brutality, with several threads posted here about veterans being assaulted by the police, almost as if they were told to be cautious when dealing with those who had served in Iraq and Afghanistan, and therefore took a "strike first" kind of stance.

Or, on the flipside, are many of these veterans being hired as LEOs, and what we're seeing is the effects of PTSD? Regardless of the cause, police brutality has certainly ramped up over the past several years.

In my opinion, it's less about an uptick in police violence so much as the Internet making this information more readily available. Try searching the web for articles about this particular incident and you'll find a bunch of blogs and the local press coverage but nothing at the national level. I suspect it's been this way for a while with only the most egregious cases, in major cities, getting appreciable attention by the national news media.

This is an extremely important issue because even with the Internet, only the worst of the worst are brought out into the open. Imagine all of the lesser offenses that don't even make it into the blogosphere. Cops need to know that we're paying attention and we're not standing for it. Start making examples.
edit on 2014-5-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

My belief is that LEO's are hand puppets just like the President.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Let me guess, another soldier turned cop.

They've been trained to subjugate the overseas population and dont know how to turn it off.

Torture, violence, secret renditions, black sites, never ending pre-emptive warfare, armed government agents, a violent police force...

Our government LOVES violence. Yet they will never acknowledge their actions as the root cause of a violent society (lead by example). Instead they'll blame an inanimate object like a gun.

"War" on drugs, "war" on "terror"...

edit on 16-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join