It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic didnt sink, its sister the Olympic did!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ionwind

originally posted by: Psynic

"Different pitch" propellor causing "extreme vibration", uhrm.........no.

Google "propeller induced vibration"

Propeller Induced Vibration
Propeller induced vibration can be caused by inaccuracies in pitch, camber and section shape. Prop Scan allows us to see and remove these inaccuracies. This results in a smoother, more efficient and often faster propeller. Bring in your propellers for a free examination, we will need information from your vessel performance form.

Link

The link in my last post shows that Olympic and Titanic had different propeller pitches.

Total nonsense. Do you even know what propellor pitch is?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Propeller induced vibration can be caused by inaccuracies in pitch, camber and section shape. Prop Scan allows us to see and remove these inaccuracies. This results in a smoother, more efficient and often faster propeller. Bring in your propellers for a free examination, we will need information from your vessel performance form.

Link

The link in my last post shows that Olympic and Titanic had different propeller pitches.

I'll try to make it simple for you, a 20 inch pitch propeller would move forward 20 inches in one revolution. So do you think putting a 33-foot pitch propeller (Olympic) on the Titanic which had a 35-foot pitch propeller is ok?

Link

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Link

I'll try to make it simple for you, a 20 inch pitch propeller would move forward 20 inches in one revolution. So do you think putting a 33-foot pitch propeller (Olympic) on the Titanic which had a 35-foot pitch propeller is ok?

Link

No need to make it simple for me my sarcastic friend., my Great Great Grandfather was the Harland and Wolff metallurgist who cast those wheels.

Tell me, why do you think there are two different pitches listed for the Olympic on your little chart?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Tell me, why do you think there are two different pitches listed for the Olympic on your little chart?

After the collision with the Hawke, Harland & Wolff changed the pitch during repairs.

Tell, you don't have many posts, are you an alt?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

After the collision with the Hawke, Harland & Wolff changed the pitch during repairs.

"Changed the pitch"? What do you mean by that?

Are you saying the pitch was adjustable ?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Robert Ballard was actually doing secret work for the U.S. Navy just before finding Titanic. He dove to the wrecks of two U.S. subs, the USS Scorpion (SSN-589) and the USS Thresher (SSN-593). These are interesting and mysterious tragedies in their own right.

After diving on the Scorpion, Ballard looked for the Titanic. In a way, the Titanic search was a cover story for his then classified work.

Link

Ballard also dived to the wrecks of the Bismarck, Lusitania, several vessels sunk in Ironbottom Sound, the USS Yorktown and an ancient Roman ship, the Isis.

The French have dived on the Titanic many times.

The Russians have dived on the Titanic many times.

So none of these experienced men and women noticed it wasn't really the Titanic?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

As for the value of the insurance claim - well, it's been noted that there was a 2.5million difference between the cost of the ship and the insurance value... but how much would the repairs have cost?

How viable this is with the Titanic/Olympic rather depends on how much the repairs would have cost.

According to this analysis, the Olympic's damage did not exceed $125,000.

Wow, nice link.
Wouldn't this site be so much better if anybody with a solid and reasoned argument could provide information like that

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ionwind
Of course they did - then they were bought off by the NWO.....

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the Titanic and Olympic where not identical ships. Both had Hull numbers. I believe the Titanic was 401 and Olympic 400.
To make sure parts were not used on the wrong hull every major part or machinery was stamped, engraved or etched with 401 or 400. When they last went down with under water robot to the Titanic wreck they saw 401 stamped on the propeller.
edit on 18-5-2014 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
the Titanic and Olympic where not identical ships. Both had Hull numbers. I believe the Titanic was 401 and Olympic 400.
To make sure parts were not used on the wrong hull every major part or machinery was stamped, engraved or etched with 401 or 400. When they last went down with under water robot to the Titanic wreck they saw 401 stamped on the propeller.

Yeah, so.

Despite what some would have you believe, the props were interchangeable and each blade could be removed separately and be installed at a variety of pitch angles.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
the 4 bladed central propeller was cast in one piece and the blades could not be independently removed.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
a reply to: Psynic
the 4 bladed central propeller was cast in one piece and the blades could not be independently removed.

Thanks for the input, but we were referring to the wing propellors. If you go back a page you'll see that this discussion began with the comment:

"How about the fact they had a different propellor pitch that would have caused extreme vibration if it worked at all"

The central propellors on both the Titanic and Olympic were of the same pitch and the wing propellors, as has been shown in the technical analysis, were adjustable and would therefore be of the correct pitch and would definitely not cause "extreme vibration".

The point is, the wing propellors would have been completely interchangeable and it is completely reasonable to hypothesize White Star would not hesitate to use an Olympic spare part on the Titanic if need be.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Congrats on a well put together thread. Nice work....

However, no credit for being one of the most gullible and grasping people out there!! This is complete nonsense and as dumb as conspiracies come.

what a load of BS!!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: VoidHawk

Congrats on a well put together thread. Nice work....

However, no credit for being one of the most gullible and grasping people out there!! This is complete nonsense and as dumb as conspiracies come.

what a load of BS!!

Thank you for visiting the thread, intelligent replies are always welcome and we can all see a wealth of intelligence went into your post, so please come again.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
There's another issue that we need to consider. What the hell would have been the point of switching the propellers? Why bother? If they planned to sink the Olympic/Titanic in the middle of the Atlantic, then there was no chance that the wreck would have been inspected by a loss adjuster from Lloyd's of London as no-one had a submersible capable of going even a fraction of the distance from the surface to the bottom of the ocean.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
There's another issue that we need to consider. What the hell would have been the point of switching the propellers? Why bother? If they planned to sink the Olympic/Titanic in the middle of the Atlantic, then there was no chance that the wreck would have been inspected by a loss adjuster from Lloyd's of London as no-one had a submersible capable of going even a fraction of the distance from the surface to the bottom of the ocean.

The conspiracy "theory", if that's what you want to call it, is that the ship's owners switched the names on the two liners and it was actually the Olympic discovered in 1985.

The "evidence", allegedly was the identification number stamped into one of the three propellors.

An enthusiastic truther made the claim that it had to be the Olympic because the Titanic couldn't possibly use a spare prop from Olympic as the "pitch" was different and would produce "extreme vibration if it worked at all".

I have shown the error in that theory by pointing out that the propellor pitch was entirely adjustable and that both ships used wing props identical in EVERY dimension.

No one is suggesting the propellors were switched to conceal the liners true identity.

Projectbane is entirely correct in pronouncing these claims 'complete nonsense' and I will add, a total waste of time.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic It could be worse - there was a thread based on the 'theory' that the Titanic was in fact sunk by a German U-boat.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Link

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and have no interest in learning about things you do not know.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"Changed the pitch"? What do you mean by that?

Are you saying the pitch was adjustable ?

THIS GUY IS CLEARLY TROLLING. Just let it go...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
There's another issue that we need to consider. What the hell would have been the point of switching the propellers? Why bother?

Because a damaged propeller would run out of balance! Watch how your washing machine shakes when the washing is not evenly distributed. Now imagine several tons of propeller doing that! They needed the ship to reach the ice fields, but had the prop been out of balance it probably wouldn't have even got out of the harbor before the ship ripped itself apart.

So there ya go, a reason why they'd change the propeller.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join