It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic didnt sink, its sister the Olympic did!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just done the search thing and found this was posted a couple of years ago, but the OP didn't present much and the videos are deceased, so...HAVING GONE TO ALL THIS EFFORT! I'm posting it again.

There is much evidence to back up this theory, but there's one piece that’s very hard to dispute!
Look at this picture, what do you see?

Do you see the letters MP? olyMPic
I snapped that still from the footage shown of the Titanic when it was found on the sea bed. You can see that footage in the linked video below.

The video shows how the very badly damaged Olympic was switched with the Titanic for the purpose of claiming the insurance. Just one week before the sinking the insurance had been upgraded,…where have we heard that before?

A brief summary of the linked video.
On the 14th June 1911 the Olympic made its maiden voyage under the command of Captain Edward J Smith. One week later the Olympic was involved in a collision with a tug in New York.

Barely three months later, and still under the command of Captain Smith, the Olympic was involved in yet another collision, this time with a British war ship HMS Hawk at Southampton (UK).

HMS Hawk was fitted with a large ram below the waterline.
The collision caused massive damage to the Olympic, holes both above and below the waterline, and other more serious damage including buckled steel frames, thousands of popped rivets, and steel plating dislodged, and much more serious was the distortion to the starboard propeller and shaft, and to make matters even worse, the keel was bent giving the ship a permanent list to port.

It was a serious collision, and sealed the fate of the Olympic. The accident was investigated by the British Navy and the Olympic was found to be at fault. This meant that White Stars insurers would not pay for the damage!
The Olympic was patched up and limped back to Belfast for more permanent repair.

October 1911. Both ships are in the Harland and Wolff Shipyard (Belfast).
White Star is faced with the cost of repairing the damage to the Olympic, the repairs included the massive damage to the steel frames and plating, and the propeller and crankshaft, but far more serious was the damage to the keel!

To make the ship sea worthy they would have to cut the ship in half, insert a new frame and keel and then stitch it all back together again.
White Star was already facing financial problems and the cost of the repairs would be enormous!
In Belfast some of the repairs were carried out

On the 22nd of March the Olympic was back in Belfast in the Thomson dry dock along side the Titanic, and this may be when the decision to switch them was made!

The Olympic and Titanic were exactly the same. The only real difference was the name on the side of the ships. There is one porthole difference between then at the front of the ship and this is dealt with in the video linked below.

White star were known for using photos of the interior of the Olympic in advertisements for the Titanic, everything on both ships was standard white star issue and interchangeable from ship to ship.
To fool the world (and the insurers) all they had to do was swap the names on the ships, swap the name plates on the lifeboats, and swap the lifebelts! With just half a dozen men the changes could be made in just a few hours.

At the time of Titanics voyage from Belfast to Southampton Britain was in the grip of a coal strike so fuel for ships was in short supply, many ships and men were laid up.
Rather strangely, the ships firemen and greasers that delivered the ship from Belfast to Southampton refused to sign up again for the next (fateful) voyage!

All those men, in the middle of a coal strike when thousands are laid off, refuse to sign up again!!! What did they know!?

The California.
Even though coal was in very short supply, a ship called The California was suddenly able to get coal. She steamed from London on 5th April 1912, just five days before Titanics departure from Southampton. The California's only cargo was warm woolly sweaters and blankets!
The California was a large ship, normally carrying passengers and many tons of cargo, but on this voyage it left with no passengers! All it carried was the warm sweaters and blankets! Just what you’d need if you were about to rescue people from the cold sea!

The Titanic
More than fifty first class passengers cancelled at the last minute, many of them friends and business associates of JP Morgan, and Morgan himself (who had money tied up in white star) also cancelled claiming that he was ill. Morgan was found two days later by a reporter in good health at a French resort with his mistress.
Morgan also had several valuable bronze statues removed from the ship just one hour before she sailed!

Florence Ismay (wife of J Ismay, chairman of white star) also turned down the offer of a trip on the Titanics maiden voyage, and just like Morgan she said she was ill, and instead went on a motoring holiday!

The California.
The California which had left London with its tiny cargo of warm sweaters and blankets (supposedly bound for Boston) steamed to the ice fields where the Titanic (Olympic) was to have its collision with a large lump of ice.
The California came to a dead stop in the ice fields and remained there.
Oddly, on the night of the collision the captain of the California decided to sleep fully clothed on a five and a half foot couch in the chart room! He ordered that her boilers be kept fired up and the engines on standby!

Think about that! His ship is anchored and in no danger, yet instead of using his comfortable quarters he sleeps fully clothed on a couch, why? It’s like he was expecting some sort of emergency!

The Titanic
The Titanic received three radio messages from the California personally addressed to Captain Smith of the Titanic, telling him of her position, its like the California was telling Smith that she was ready and waiting!
Captain Smith (Titanic), just like the Captain on the California, also slept fully clothed in the chart room!

So, both captains sleeping fully clothed, not in their quarters but in the chart rooms.
The Titanic has sailed only half full.
The California anchored just a few miles away with a cargo of warm woolly sweaters and blankets and plenty of room for passengers.

The scene is set.
The Titanic (Olympic) hits an iceberg.
The Titanic fires its flares to signal it needs help.
The California rushes in with warm sweaters and blankets and lots of passenger space.
The Titaniic (Olympic) sinks to the bottom and white star collect the insurance.

But it didnt go as planned!
The Captain of the California has radioed the Titanic letting them know its position.
On the Titanic the navigator makes a terrible mistake! the position that the navigator had worked out should have put the Titanic within site of the California, but in fact the navigator had made an error of TWELVE miles. (Records and the location of the wreck have proven this to be true!)
The Titanic can see a ship on the horizon and thinks its the California (The rescue ship), but in fact its a ship hunting seals.

Continued below...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
On board the Titanic everyone is calm. Those in the know are expecting the California to come rushing in to rescue them.
It was a full thirty five minutes before they launched distress flares or sent out emergency radio signals!
It was forty five minutes before they started the pumps or prepared the life boats, and a full one hour and twenty five minutes before the first life boat was launched, and even then they were launching them only half full.
Such calm does indicate they thought there was no hurry, its like they were expecting help to arrive quite soon, but by this time the California was now nineteen miles away!

At around 0100 Captain Smith must have realised that the rescue he was expecting was not going to happen, lifeboats were now being launched full and passengers were beginning to panic.

When the surviving crew were returned to the UK they expected to be allowed to return home to their families, but instead they were all herded into a railway shed and held for twenty four hours, and they were all forced to sign a document that they thought was the official secrets act!

The picture at the top of this post shows the letters MP.
Those letters are engraved into the ship. Both the Olympic and the Titanic had their names engraved in this way. After a century on the sea bed some of the fake riveted letters have fallen off and exposed part of the original name, that name being – Olympic!

The above is just a brief summary of the video posted below.

Beware!
There are other videos out there with almost identical titles that were made for msm consumption, and they are made for the purpose of leading us away from the truth!
If you have an interest in what really happened then I suggest you watch the video posted below FIRST! Then compare it with what is presented via the msm. That in itself is an interesting study!

If you want to dispute this theory then fine, but please do so AFTER watching the linked video, without doing so you might not have all the facts!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not to discredit the theory, but your "smoking gun" image appears quite obviously to be CG.

I'm not suggesting the film is providing false information about the lettering, simply that it doesn't show any evidence for the claim.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

S & F

For taking the time to put this together for us. I'm not sure if I buy it though but it's an interesting topic. I thought there were three ships not just two?

Anyway, I saw the movie, it sank.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Makes me wonder where the titanic is then. Sitting next to the Malaysian plane at a top secret museum for billionaire reptiles?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would be somewhat interested if the P wasn't higher up than the M is. Kind of shoddy looking drunkard engraving for something so prestigious, don't you think?

And I do have to agree, that pic has a very CG look to it. Someone overdid the smoothing, methinks

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That is pretty interesting not sure if i believe it just out of anger that if it is true we were all decieved for the purpose of a corperation to make money. Oh wait that happenes all the time.

I have just come to the conclusion that anytime there is a story about history or this or that take it with a tablespoon of salt because more than likely your not getting the truth. Or at least the whole truth.

I never even knew that a ship existed that was the exact same ship as the titanic. Buit it makes sense for the manufacturor to do so because you could interchange everything.

Its so strange though were have I heard of company or corperation that purposly destroyed there own property for financial gain???? HAHA jk. I can think of several actually. So this wouldnt suprise me if it was true.

Problem is if you tried to bring this to the attention of people nobody would take you seriously just like every conspiracy.
The truth could slap someone in the face but as long as the main stream media portrays it one way thats the consencus.

Great post though Worth a star
and a beer
edit on 15-5-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

stumbled upon the videos via youtube about a 2 years ago.

extremely fascinating although kinda long

awesome research someone did to uncover it.

VERY COOL

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

the theory might just be plausible, but there were many things different about the two ship that could not be changed without major refits and then i don't think they would have been economical for white star to do it.

one was the difference in the decks, there has been several documentaries about that point alone.

here are couple of things, and just one list of many i've seen, of the differences between the two.

The propellers on the two ships had different pitches and were therefore not interchangeable

The porthole arrangements on Shelter Deck "C" between the two ships were different.

The forward third of Titanic's promenade Deck "A" was enclosed. Olympic's was open all the way.

The reception room on Saloon Deck"D" was larger onTitanic than Olympic.

Bridge Deck"B" was drastically different on both ships.Olympic had a first class promenade whereas Titanic had two private verandahs and suites that were plush with the sides of the superstructure.

Titanic & Olympic differences

also there was a documentary about how the seems on the deck floors were different, i i recall correctly one was lapped and one was butted up when welded together. i can't say that 100% but i remember something to that effect.

and i think ballard is way beyond faking his findings.

edit on 15-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

they built three ships that were suppose to be identical.
they were Olympic, Titanic and Britannic. all three accounted for Olympic was scrapped after about 30 years and Titanic and Britannic at the bottom of the sea.

here's a quick wiki.
Olympic-class ocean liner

edit on 15-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Another conspiracy theory is that they deliberately sank the Titanic to recover money lost from Olympic.

I think they got something like $5.5 million (1912 money) from the Titanic.

Olympic was under repairs in February 1912 (and had gone through other major repairs before).

Titanic sank in April.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Very well put together. Before I address my opinion regarding whether this is feasible, I wanted to point out that it may not be so unusual for a ship to stop dead in the middle of an ice field at night. Travelling at night under such conditions was extremely hazardous when the ice had to be spotted visually, manually, by watchmen. So if a ship were going to travel through an ice field, it would do so at a crawling pace. The fact that Titanic was steaming all ahead full is quite perplexing in itself however.

No matter about that, as the fact that planned rescue ship was carrying strange cargo and virtually no passengers seems strange in itself. I think the largest piece of evidence comes from pictures. As the Titanic leaves pictures show that she has 16 portholes near the bow. We know that the Olympic had 16 portholes in this area, while the real Titanic only had 14. Quite unusual. The ONLY other explanation was that the photos were mixed up. But this seems a bit unlikely for various reasons, but it is not impossible. Over time, with only a label to document what the picture showed, it is feasible that it was mixed up.

But there are so many other questionable occurrences that offer extremely strong circumstantial evidence for the switch of the two ships. Doing something like this, at that time, would be much easier than attempting to do it today. It could have been done relatively easily and quickly, and people would not have blabbed about it. They may have discussed it among themselves, those workers who were in the know or who had figured out what was going on, but it would not have spread to officials who were in the dark, and it especially did not get back to the insurance company. If they ever suspected the switch I don't think they would have come forward with such an outlandish claim, unless they have proof positive, which they did not.

50 first class passengers cancelling at the last minute is also highly suspicious. And the deterring of first class passengers by offering them second class berths was likely done on purpose. I think that White Star realized that rich people would be in a better position to have their voices heard, and they had the means to pursue inquiries if they suspected any wrongdoing. And the company probably didn't want the rich people to die for that very reason...troublesome relatives or friends after the fact. That is all speculation, but it makes perfect sense. What recourse would a poor family have, even if they suspected something?

And didn't the Olympic remain in port much longer than she should have? Was she not there to have her propeller repaired for the second time, a job which should not have required her to remain for so long? And also the photographs show not only the porthole anomaly, but the upper windows as well. The spacing was different regarding these windows between the sister ships.

I have heard others bring up the fact that the Titanic had mysterious indicators of damage that much up to the damage of the Olympic as well, although I have not verified whether this is accurate. Then I have also heard the claim that some of the images we have of the Titanic on the sea floor are not real, but rather were taken of the small mock-up that was done of the wrecked ship. Anyone know anything about this? I remember seeing images of what is supposedly the Titanic on the bottom of the ocean that do show her name, although I don't know if this was engraved or not. I think if it could be shown, by going down there and investigating, that there is no sign of the Olympic's engraved name under the Titanic's nameplate, then the theory suffers a bit.

I do not know when the picture showing what is obviously and M and likely a P was taken, or if it is authentic, but clearly there is no M in "Titanic." One must be careful with images, as I alluded to earlier, because if it cannot be absolutely determined where they came from, they could be misleading. But again, good work, and I think there is ample circumstantial evidence to warrant this theory at least be taken seriously and considered by everyone.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
WATCH THE documentary in its entirety before commenting with doubt.. FFS

EVERY point brought up so far has been addressed. jeez/

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It's a nice theory, it's also a theory that I looked quite deeply into some years back.

In my opinion there is no truth to it at all, mainly because the whole conspiracy hinges on the fact that the switch was made to perpetrate an insurance scam.

The following quote is from White Star Lines company rules [rule 101] as quoted during the official US senate inquiry into the disaster by Philip Franklin

Commanders must distinctly understand that the issue of these regulations does not in any way relieve them from the responsibility for the safe and efficient navigation of their respective vessels, and they are also enjoined to remember that they must run no risk which might by any possibility result in accident to their ship. It is to be hoped that they will ever bear in mind that the safety of the lives and property intrusted to their care is the ruling principle that should govern them in the navigation of their vessels and that no supposed gaining of expedition or saving of time on the voyage is to be purchased at the risk of accidents. The company desires to maintain for its vessels a reputation for safety and only looks for such speed on the various voyages as is consistent with safe and prudent navigation. Commanders are reminded that the steamers are to a great extent uninsured and that their only livelihood, as well as the company's, depends upon immunity from accident. No precaution which insures safe navigation is to be considered excessive.

Source

Philip Franklin also stated whilst being questioned ...."I would like to say that I do not believe there is any company crossing the Atlantic that carries such a large proportion of its own insurance as the subsidiary companies of the International Mercantile Marine Co."

So both Titanic and Olympic were virtually uninsured, and any insurance they did have was being underwritten by parent companies of White Star Line.

What exactly was to be gained by switching the ships?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
interesting video , i never heard about this story before so i watched the video.

Feels far fetched but on the other hand many things tie together , but not gonna draw a oppinion since i dont have acces to physical proof the entire ships are the identical structural wise.

But if they do then the entire effort put in to claim the 12.5 milion insurance over a already heavily damaged ship are figures of astronomical profit making.

I still remember from when i was younger and first heard about the story of the Titanic i though who was that dumb to drive such big boat with so many people on board onto a iceberg , it feels like the biggest act of irresponsibility.

i think this is interesting to look at from a out of the box point of view , but im not gonna sail to the wreckage to dive me up some proof

but i do like these kind of vids , keep em coming

TheGreazel.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think if you look at who died on the Titanic some of those people were opposing the founding of the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK

And if memory serves me were they originally going to be German ships but at the last minute that changed

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This idea has been around for awhile. Another one is that it was sunk by a U-boat.

When being built the Olympic had the hull number 400 while the Titanic had the hull number 401.

When they dove to the Titanic wreck and photographed the propeller it had 401 on it not 400:

Close up on circled area:

401 is Titanic's hull number.

Link

High Resolution of propeller

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"TITANIC NAME" in Titanic´s wreck:

High Resolution and link
edit on 15-5-2014 by ionwind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

It's a nice theory, it's also a theory that I looked quite deeply into some years back.

In my opinion there is no truth to it at all, mainly because the whole conspiracy hinges on the fact that the switch was made to perpetrate an insurance scam.

The following quote is from White Star Lines company rules [rule 101] as quoted during the official US senate inquiry into the disaster by Philip Franklin

Commanders must distinctly understand that the issue of these regulations does not in any way relieve them from the responsibility for the safe and efficient navigation of their respective vessels, and they are also enjoined to remember that they must run no risk which might by any possibility result in accident to their ship. It is to be hoped that they will ever bear in mind that the safety of the lives and property intrusted to their care is the ruling principle that should govern them in the navigation of their vessels and that no supposed gaining of expedition or saving of time on the voyage is to be purchased at the risk of accidents. The company desires to maintain for its vessels a reputation for safety and only looks for such speed on the various voyages as is consistent with safe and prudent navigation. Commanders are reminded that the steamers are to a great extent uninsured and that their only livelihood, as well as the company's, depends upon immunity from accident. No precaution which insures safe navigation is to be considered excessive.

Source

Philip Franklin also stated whilst being questioned ...."I would like to say that I do not believe there is any company crossing the Atlantic that carries such a large proportion of its own insurance as the subsidiary companies of the International Mercantile Marine Co."

So both Titanic and Olympic were virtually uninsured, and any insurance they did have was being underwritten by parent companies of White Star Line.

What exactly was to be gained by switching the ships?

The Titanic story on this site a couple of years ago was one of the storys that has kept me around
As for the insurance scandal, I am mostly sold on the fact it was a switch

A prestigious risk
Back on 9 January, broker Willis Faber & Co had come to Lloyd’s underwriting room to insure the Titanic and her sister ship, the Olympic, on behalf of the White Star Line.
It was considered a prestigious risk, with cover for the hull alone standing at £1m – around £95m in today’s money. Numerous Lloyd’s syndicates put their names on the slip, covering amounts ranging from £10,000 to £75,000. Willis was able to negotiate a favourable premium for this proudly ‘unsinkable’ vessel of just £7,500.

www.lloyds.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Maybe whitestar didnt recover all its loses, but it didnt lose everything either.
I cant find to much information on Lloyds and its relationship with JP Morgan, the owner of the Titanic

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The night teh California shipped out, uk Coal Miners were pn strike. Question often asked was, So where did the Coal for the California come from, ????? Several people, including 1 Bishop left the said Titanic prior to such departing, Did they already know ??? Much is asked in one Documentary recently seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join