It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic didnt sink, its sister the Olympic did!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: VoidHawk

There. Case closed.

Its amazing how often that line is used on these boards, and ALWAYS by the deniers, always trying to have the last word.

Deniers? I have just provided facts that debunk your video.

No, you merely provided YOUR version that you allow yourself to believe to be the truth.

Oh come off it. My version? I cited one book, plus numerous facts. The rockets alone is damning evidence against the video.

The rockets alone are damning evidence against the book!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

There. Case closed.

Its amazing how often that line is used on these boards, and ALWAYS by the deniers, always trying to have the last word.

Deniers? I have just provided facts that debunk your video.

No, you merely provided YOUR version that you allow yourself to believe to be the truth.

Oh come off it. My version? I cited one book, plus numerous facts. The rockets alone is damning evidence against the video.

The rockets alone are damning evidence against the book!

???? Boxhall said, in the Washington enquiry, that the rockets were white. To quote him, exactly: "Just white stars, bright. I do not know whether they were stars or bright balls. They were the regulation distress signals." And all the survivors, from the boats, all said that they were white rockets. Which means distress rockets.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'd also like to point to my comments about the Samson. Which have been pointed out by others.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
You haven't the slightest idea, what ramming is, at right angles to the centre line and what it takes a destroyer or a cruiser to do that.

Oh - right - sorry - I didn't realize I didn't know that......possibly because I wasn't talking about it and it still doesn't make you THE Navy.

The prop suction cause is laughable at best.

which I wasn't talking about and which still doesn't make you THE navy.

Just as a matter of interest - how many rammings were you involved with so that your experience makes you qualified to criticize mine?
edit on 21-5-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Though OP by the video what exactly was the plan
Switch Names -switch berths - Olympic sails as titanic
Californian picks up all the 2000 odd pax and crew
then scuttle the titanic? How?
claim insurance

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No it doesn't make me the navy, it makes you the navy
Rammings classified.
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yawn.....

Boring for you? So why can't you answer the question in reference to the 'MP' footage that you obviously think is the smoking gun? Why don't they highlight the dive expedition that this 'smoking gun' footage was taken from? Exactly they can't because it is a fabrication to suck in the gullible and naive. With Ray Santilli in the mix the whole production is discredited.

Have a read of the book 'Titanic Or Olympic?: Which Ship Sank?' by Steve Hall, Bruce Beveridge, Art Braunschweiger

The switch theory is ludicrous based on the many differences of the two vessels. The video you highlighted is simply designed to suck in gullible people and doesn't stand up to any credible scrutiny. If they have to invent stories of riveted Titanic 'name plates' falling off and insert fake 'MP' footage then you know that they are desperate. Try going onto the Titanic forum and running your theories over there?

www.encyclopedia-titanica.org...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Exactly. And the drivel about the Samson makes it blindingly obvious that the video is a load of total honk!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
How long can this 4H club meeting last?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
How long can this 4H club meeting last?

Depends how long some people are willing to deny the existence of facts.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
THE OLYMPIC SANK, NOT THE TITANIC!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

But the video that claims that is full of easily refuted claims, such as the rockets and the Samson!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I see. So you've been reduced to answering my points by shouting. How mature. Please address my previous posts.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How about comparing the A-Deck between the two ships, and then looking at the actual wreck site?

The image below is of the Olympic. Notice that the A-Deck promenade, just under the life boats, is open along the entire length (indicated in red):

Full Resolution

On the Titanic however, the forward half of the A-Deck promenade is enclosed:

Full Resolution

So what does the A-Deck look like at the wreck site?

Link

Yep, the forward A-Deck is enclosed. So hundreds of feet of windows and steel plate would also have to been switched if you believe this stuff.

Here's one of the last pictures taken of Titanic before heading out into the Atlantic:

Link

Does it have an open or enclosed forward A-Deck? It's obviously enclosed.

So, the conspiracy buffs are saying wait a minute, the switch was already made. Okay lets look at some RMS Olympic pictures.

RMS Olympic just before launch in 1910. Open A-Deck

Link

Olympic on sea trials in 1911. Open A-Deck.

Olympic in 1922 after the Titanic sank, open A-Deck.

Link

As for the "M P" on the side of the ship. Its a total fake.

From the OP video. The most "Damning Evidence". Start at around 49:17. At about 49:36, the footage changes, and the real footage is substituted for some weird CGI.

Even if the footage is real, did you know that the French NAUTILE had to scrape off rust and rusticles from the side of the bow before they could read the name?

Link

Look at the "MP" again:

The M is not aligned with the P. Also some parts of the letters are casting shadows and look more like rusticles than an engraving. So this might have been before the rust was scrapped off, and your seeing bunnies in the clouds. It was a deliberate attempt to mislead.

The real footage shows "T I T A N I C".

edit on 23-5-2014 by ionwind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You have made quite a compelling case there mate. So in light of this the wreck photos need re- evaluation. But the video is made for a legitimate reason and the video as such is well made. So why would anyone go to the extent of making a lengthy video, is hard to imagine.
a reply to: ionwind

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
You have made quite a compelling case there mate. So in light of this the wreck photos need re- evaluation. But the video is made for a legitimate reason and the video as such is well made. So why would anyone go to the extent of making a lengthy video, is hard to imagine.
a reply to: ionwind

Thanks. Since Ray Santilli (of the Alien Autopsy fame) was involved, I would say the reason is obvious: $$$$$$

Even Robin Gardiner, the original author, has published several books on the "switch". I've read that they are mostly the same book, rehashed to make money.

Amazon

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Gosh. This whole saga, The Navy, The Titanic, The Movie, The Video, Capt lord of the Californian, is too difficult to comprehend or put down in words.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
To ionwind, jaffo, and others:

Thanks for doing some of the footwork so I don't have to.

The "M & P" is clearly CGI. Crummy job imo too.

I spent about an hour comparing images of the Titanic, and the Olympic (pre and post refit), and find no reason to suspect a conspiracy here. Consider that they would also need to refit the Titanic to look like the Olympic. While it's unfortunate people who opposed the Federal Reserve died, I don't think there is a conspiracy there either. There would be no way to ensure those peoples deaths. For these reasons and ones already brought up in this thread, I find it very intriguing but highly unlikely.

When in doubt, aliens!
edit on 24-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: hair guy

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I see. So you've been reduced to answering my points by shouting. How mature. Please address my previous posts.

Some people see it as shouting. I don't.

I'm just tired of the deniers of whatever subject, insisting on having their denial posts as the last post in the thread, its almost like they're afraid of something! Hence my use of

As for addressing your previous posts, whats the point? All of us on ats know that the deniers just wont stop. What ever is presented to them is simply ignored and they throw up something else from there copy and paste database. So I'll just stick to

edit on 25-5-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join