It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcontinental Contact Between Megalithic Cultures in Prehistory?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The ancient megalithic cultures which are compared in this thread are said not to have influenced eachother despite some very intriguing similarities in the way they crafted their monumental architecture. Are the below 'parallels' just pure coincidence? Or can we identify the 'handwriting' of a common culture & craftsmanship? You be the judge. I, for one, am always fascinated by such similarities and thought this might be worth sharing:

Bada Valley, Indonesia vs. Easter Island
Stylized megalithic statues standing in upright position
14.000 kilometers apart, separated by Pacific Ocean

Image Source 01 | 02

Greece vs. South America
Massive polygonal stone walls featuring precision fitting without mortar
11.000 kilometers apart, separated by Mediterranean Sea & Atlantic Ocean

Image Source 01 | 02

Image Source 01 | 02

South America vs. Egypt
Granite & andesite walls with distinctive knobs that seem to protude from "inside" the stones, 12.000 kilometers apart, separated by Atlantic Ocean

Image Source 01 | 02

These examples of marvellous stone work IMO share a very similar 'style & scheme' that somehow seems to connect these cultures. As for the polygonal walls: one could say "well, that's drystone-walling, just on a very high level". But then again, if we're honest, this way of constructing walls isn't really just taking 'drystone walling' to a whole new level, at least IMO.

So were all these techniques and building styles discovered & developed independently or did some ancient builders deliberately leave behind a huge mystery for us to solve?

I very much look forward to your comments on this ... !

Sources & Links:
---------------------------------------------
1. The Moai on Easter Island
2. More information about Bada Valley
3. Necromanteion in Greece
4. Fortress of Sacsayhuaman
5. Menkaure's Pyramid
6. Hatunrumiyoc Street, Cuzco (YouTube)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Is it not possible that such similarities say more about human nature and human thought than about a physical connection between various ancient cultures around the world?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Fascinating!
So either they were talking to each other and sharing tips or someone/something was teaching the same things to these civilizations. Or at least that is how I see it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Regardless I'm absolutely blown away by the dedication it must have taken those people to get those blocks perfect!
Humbling indeed...!
(they may have been slaves as well) : /
edit on 13-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Good post. I believe there was contact between other cultures long before people are taught.

I was just reading another thread on a lady who was linking norse culture trading with american indians back in the 1300s. But what do you know, her funding was cut and research withheld when it didnt match up to current ideas of our past.

We need more threads like this to make more and more links to show people there is something going on in the background.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think it boils down to one factor, did we with our brains merely sit and watch the clouds floating by or did we get up and go places. I have no doubt that homo sapiens travelled all around the world. Someone drew the Antarctic maps and presumably before the ice cap covered the continent.

The zodiac is a common denominator all around the world. It has a commonality within it that was an accumulation of knowledge shared around the world. Although different subtly by culture, the principle was the same and its unlikely that such a complex and clever concept just simply popped into people's heads on different continents.

I know the Polynesian people's were experts on navigation and could tell where land was despite it being over the horizon simply by the way the waves lapped the front of their canoes. The sea levels were considerably lower which also would have aided travel and people travelled to trade and we know by the jewellery, metals, spices etc and language that our concept of their being ignorant was a complete misnomer.

We also can't produce a reasonable explanation of how they measured, managed and constructed such fabulous stone buildings which occur all around the world so we know we have a huge chunk of our ancient history as yet unknown by the common people.

Great post showing the similarities on the above surface architecture, what I would like to know about are the underground passages that exist in various parts of the world and why they were constructed.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The key that binds these cultures is oxalic acid and citric acid. It softens the stones when soaked, to a clay like substance. Can also be used to drill holes in stone with a wood stick.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metatronin
The key that binds these cultures is oxalic acid and citric acid. It softens the stones when soaked, to a clay like substance. Can also be used to drill holes in stone with a wood stick.

Bollocks. You would need a diamond to carve into some granite stones.
They either had lasers or diamond point machinery.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus

Is it not possible that such similarities say more about human nature and human thought than about a physical connection between various ancient cultures around the world?

As long as we're lacking further evidence, both options are conceivable, I suppose (physical connection vs. same train of thought). But I find it rather hard to believe that they came up with such specific styles and methods completely independent of eachother ...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Interesting OP. I have nothing on the Greeks. But I do have this link, which I would hardly call "credible", that suggests there were Semites at the basis for the Mount Builders/Hopewell, and the Hopewell's were eventually the Mexica/Aztec people.

I don't know about all that. I do see the Hopi/Anasazi's connected to the Aztec.

But the points brought up in that article are not so bad. Like: where did all the Wisconsin copper go? It doesn't seem completely far fetched that David would have mining operations as far away as N. America.

I also find it completely credible that the Phoenicians could have been here. I think the Carthaginian are a possible candidate, and maybe a source for some of the elephant imagery, as suggested in the article.

Ill be back later to read through the thread. I am interested in seeing more pre-historic connections.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metatronin

Some details on possible methods of "stone softening":
Making Cements with Plant Extracts

Is that's how it was done? But on a much larger scale? I guess we'll only find out once we manage to replicate something similar to what we see in Sacsayhuamán (and other megalithic sites) ...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yes, and it can also be used to 3d print rock.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
thank you for doing this post.....particularly the side by side pics....

I think the connections are obvious when laid out like this....

thank you.....a reply to: jeep3r

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

On the scale that was used to build all of those structures as well as precision of the stone fittings...those things are not fully accounted for simply by pointing to plants that make concrete.

In fact, from what I have read of the research about the Bosnian Pyramids, we can identify cement rather easily from stone. If it were cement, we would have pegged it by now.

(this is not a plug for Bosnia and their site) but check out what that pyramid is comprised of and compare.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Nice pics. Dry stone construction is maybe the oldest building method known to man though, and there are only so many ways to stack stones onto each other. So if you can absolutely exclude the possibility of two unrelated persons ever having the same idea, then yeah there might be a connection indeed.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Think Lemuria

Think Atlantis

Think the Tower of Babel

Mankind is a species with amnesia.
There are too many similarities signifying we have been on this planet for longer
than our history books will allow us to believe.

What are they hiding..?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But I do have this link, which I would hardly call "credible", that suggests there were Semites at the basis for the Mount Builders/Hopewell, and the Hopewell's were eventually the Mexica/Aztec people.

OK, BBBT...consider this. The North American First Nations make Christian Fundamentalists nuts, because they are not mentioned in the Scriptures. Ergo...they must be of the Lost Tribes, or some other form of convenience. Not to mention the fact that the farther you can remove your Native Americans from enfranchisement upon the land, the more apropos it becomes to kill them and take those lands. (which, if you think about it, might be the whole rationale for Mormonism in the first place...hmmm...I'll slip on my magic underwear and ponder upon that)

Oh, and to the poster who mentioned the "lady who was linking norse culture trading with american indians back in the 1300s. But what do you know, her funding was cut and research withheld when it didnt match up to current ideas of our past.", that was the doing of our Dear Leader Steve, and I suspect that it has more to do with Danish claims on mineral rights in the high Arctic. It has zip to do with the archaeological community

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

So were all these techniques and building styles discovered & developed independently or did some ancient builders deliberately leave behind a huge mystery for us to solve?

@ times the hundredth monkey concept comes to mind.

The story of the hundredth monkey effect was published in Lyall Watson's foreword to Lawrence Blair's Rhythms of Vision in 1975,[2] and spread with the appearance of Watson's 1979 book Lifetide. The account is that unidentified scientists were conducting a study of macaque monkeys on the Japanese island of Koshima in 1952.[3] These scientists observed that some of these monkeys learned to wash sweet potatoes, and gradually this new behavior spread through the younger generation of monkeys—in the usual fashion, through observation and repetition. Watson then concluded that the researchers observed that once a critical number of monkeys was reached—the so-called hundredth monkey—this previously learned behavior instantly spread across the water to monkeys on nearby islands

or some were given the responsibility to cover the globe and teach similar building/ living methods.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

red haired bog mummies in florida 7000 years ago

shamlessplug
theres some more similar stuff collected on my siggy thread that might be of interest
edit on Wedam5b20145America/Chicago02 by Danbones because: oops...make that 7000 years ago not 5000

oh yeah
DNA?
NO NATIVE HAPLO GROUPS
edit on Wedam5b20145America/Chicago29 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

The zodiac is a common denominator all around the world. It has a commonality within it that was an accumulation of knowledge shared around the world. Although different subtly by culture, the principle was the same and its unlikely that such a complex and clever concept just simply popped into people's heads on different continents.

Utterly untrue.

You don't get to make up your own facts.

I know the Polynesian people's were experts on navigation and could tell where land was despite it being over the horizon simply by the way the waves lapped the front of their canoes. The sea levels were considerably lower which also would have aided travel and people travelled to trade and we know by the jewellery, metals, spices etc and language that our concept of their being ignorant was a complete misnomer.

You give the impression that you know some things about the ancient Polynesians.

Please provide info regarding their zodiac, as you claimed above that zodiacs are a world-wide phenomenon.

We also can't produce a reasonable explanation of how they measured, managed and constructed such fabulous stone buildings which occur all around the world so we know we have a huge chunk of our ancient history as yet unknown by the common people.

A dozen reasonable explanations have been provided. The fact that you don't know about them, or simply dismiss them without reason, does not indicate that "we cannot" provide them.

Harte

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join