It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boko-Haram: We'll Exchange Nigerian Girls for Prisoners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"The United States and Britain have flown in experts to help the search effort in Nigeria. NBC News counter-terrorism analyst Michael Leiter said Boko Haram had previously demanded the release of imprisoned members. “This [video] is consistent with the group’s goals,” he told TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie, adding that it was “unlikely” Nigeria’s government would meet the demand."

www.nbcnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Boko-Haram: We'll Exchange Nigerian Girls for Prisoners

Don't know what to say about this one except that this whole mess is dragging on too long. Right now the girls are being used as a bargaining chip for Boko-Haram's imprisoned brethren. Once the window for that bargaining is closed the girls will become a "dead-weight" for Boko Haram, and we all know what could happen then. This situation needs to be resolved sooner rather than later.

What says ATS?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
What says ATS?

Well, what I say is this is just a distraction tool to distract people away from the importance of the Russia war problem.

Cheers

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

What happened to the story a couple of days back, that our Special Forces Marines had rescued the kidnapped girls. Am I missing something here. Or, was that just a hyped up feel good story put out by our current administration.

I pray these poor girls find their way back to their families and homes.

Des

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I thought it was very odd to say the least; forest they come out with a video claiming that they will be sold as sex slaves.
Now its to trade them for some worthless prisoners?

Also didn't those girl disappear in some forest and divided in smaller groups? In the end it'll be just another CIA funded terror cell.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: lostbook

What happened to the story a couple of days back, that our Special Forces Marines had rescued the kidnapped girls. Am I missing something here. Or, was that just a hyped up feel good story put out by our current administration.

I pray these poor girls find their way back to their families and homes.

Des

I was under the impression that they had just located them in the forest?

Or perhaps I missed the thread you are talking about

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Fine

Give him Charles Manson and be done with it
edit on 12-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

I didn't post in that thread. But, someone was claiming they had been located and rescued by Marines.

If the Marines Special Forces could locate them, then why no rescue. This doesn't make sense. Plus, if the Nigerian government is refusing to get involved in their rescue, why the hell are we still giving them money.

I hope this story doesn't become as convoluted as the missing Malaysian plane story.

Des

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Did you hear?

apparently the girls didn't mind that they were kidnapped and are now all devout Muslims.

Who knows, it could be the truth...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Spiro

I didn't post in that thread. But, someone was claiming they had been located and rescued by Marines.

If the Marines Special Forces could locate them, then why no rescue. This doesn't make sense. Plus, if the Nigerian government is refusing to get involved in their rescue, why the hell are we still giving them money.

I hope this story doesn't become as convoluted as the missing Malaysian plane story.

Des

My question is that since the new video showed up with the girls being converted to Islam, wouldn't the video, (most likely taken from a cell phone) have the GPS stamp???

I am seeing stories (not on the MSM) talking about S.Korea threatening N. Korea, the Philippines capturing a Chinese fishing vessel, China making deals in Africa, etc etc.....

I am not saying these girls weren't kidnapped, just saying that the timing with everything else going on is questionable?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maybe Hillary Clinton can broker the deal...?

She sure seems to be fond of the them/him/the group.

Refuse to name them a terrorist organization. You Deal with it Hill!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Did you hear?

apparently the girls didn't mind that they were kidnapped and are now all devout Muslims.

Those poor girls are traumatized and only want to go home. Anything the kidnappers say is BS

Boko Haram: A bloody insurgency, a growing challenge

'Western education is sin'

Boko Haram translates to "Western education is sin" in the local Hausa language, and the group has said its aim is to impose a stricter enforcement of Sharia law across Africa's most populous nation, which is split between a majority Muslim north and a mostly Christian south.
www.cnn.com...

Boko the Jokos' goal is to spread stricter Sharia law...the girls are supposed to be married off to old perverts by the age of 12. He's on a holy quest...we all know how those turn out.

Once again, Muhammad is found violating his very own command since he married a girl who was nine years old:

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

A Muslim may say that, contrary to the opinion of Ibn Kathir and al-Shafi, the age of puberty cannot be fixed at fifteen since some girls attain puberty at a younger age. They may further argue that Aisha happened to attain puberty at nine, which means that she was lawful for Muhammad. The problem with this assertion is that it contradicts the express statements of specific Islamic sources that say that Aisha hadn’t attained puberty when Muhammad consummated his marriage with her: www.answering-islam.org...

It's all sickening to say the least.

Des

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is just appalling and the story just breaks your heart.
There is a real effort by radical Islamic extremists to stop girls getting educated and I doubt this will be the last incident.
There have been similar incidents elsewhere in Africa and some areas of the middle east too.
How do You stop this, fight this?

So sad.
edit on 12-5-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Of course they're scared,

the thing is I believe the members of Boko Haram, are so indoctrinated in their own faith that they might actually believe the crap they spout in totality.

The Quran becomes increasingly violent, and I believe that what we're seeing from groups like Boko Haram is the evolution of the Muslim faith relative to Muhammad's own state of affairs as he became less tolerant and more violent.

And of course he's their man...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sounds good. Get them to show, release the girls, hand over the other bad guys. Then as they leave have a couple of AC-130 gun ships flatten them. That should slow down this issue for a while.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

The Quran becomes increasingly violent, and I believe that what we're seeing from groups like Boko Haram - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's just it, it's not the Quran, I have said this many times before, these Islamist extremist are just a product of the preachers preaching their own messed up version of the Islam.

Much like in the middle ages how catholic priests used the bible to their own advantage and twisted goals.
Whats happening now isn't that all different then what happened to us.

I met a few Islamist a while back, these extremist always back their actions behind " jihad " the holy war. When this war isn't meant as a physical war.

The Jihad refers to your inner war, to keep you on the right path. You know your inner demon.

But like you said, these members are so indoctrinated they believe they are on the right side of justice...
edit on thAmerica/Chicago512000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Did you hear?

Those poor girls are traumatized and only want to go home. Anything the kidnappers say is BS

Boko Haram: A bloody insurgency, a growing challenge

'Western education is sin'

Boko Haram translates to "Western education is sin" in the local Hausa language, and the group has said its aim is to impose a stricter enforcement of Sharia law across Africa's most populous nation, which is split between a majority Muslim north and a mostly Christian south.
www.cnn.com...

Boko the Jokos' goal is to spread stricter Sharia law...the girls are supposed to be married off to old perverts by the age of 12. He's on a holy quest...we all know how those turn out.

Once again, Muhammad is found violating his very own command since he married a girl who was nine years old:

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

A Muslim may say that, contrary to the opinion of Ibn Kathir and al-Shafi, the age of puberty cannot be fixed at fifteen since some girls attain puberty at a younger age. They may further argue that Aisha happened to attain puberty at nine, which means that she was lawful for Muhammad. The problem with this assertion is that it contradicts the express statements of specific Islamic sources that say that Aisha hadn’t attained puberty when Muhammad consummated his marriage with her: www.answering-islam.org...

It's all sickening to say the least.

Des

It is sickenning however, these groups such as Boko Haram and certain Middle-East groups are led by Empirecle thought; meaning that they believe that their actions are ordained by god whereas, in the West, we lead by Rational thought; using the scientific method and proven methodologies to come to conclusions. There's a solution out there somewhere, maybe through whomever it is who funds Boko Haram.

I don't think we can just go in and kill a bunch of people because China is a major investor in Africa now and the US is in their (CHINA'S) POCKET, so China won't want us going in there and messing with their investment(s). Not saying that China funds them, just that the key to a solution may lie with China.

(post by RichTaylor removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RichTaylor

Why the F are you spamn linking in this thread.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

What is it that makes these followers so eager to commit such crimes against humanity?

I just can't see what the end point they're trying to reach actually is.

A stone age society? Do they really know what they are fighting for?

They topple governments, and send fear throughout the world. If they keep poking the dog, they might just end up getting their holy war. I mean in parts of Africa we've already seen Christian uprisings against Islam. How long before they get what they're looking for?
edit on 12-5-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
a reply to: RichTaylor

Why the F are you spamn linking in this thread.

Spam? Is the link I posted not relevant?

This Boko crap reeks to high heaven of another Kony scam. So again, what was spam about my post?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join