It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boko-Haram: We'll Exchange Nigerian Girls for Prisoners

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: Spiro

originally posted by: lostbook
What says ATS?

Well, what I say is this is just a distraction tool to distract people away from the importance of the Russia war problem.

Cheers
Nearly 300 kidnapped girls is just a distraction?

What a sad world we live in.

Did you know the 300 girls were from Christian families?

My uncle is a missionary and has been to Nigeria. He's not from an organization and raised a lot of money here before going there, he just bought Nigerian money with American money and then had people donate for food and clothing. He's not one of those who take advantage.

He wanted me to go with him and I asked him if he could provide for my safety, he couldn't so I didn't go. I imagine he probably met some of these girls and their families. In my uncle's lifetime as a missionary, he went 24 times to Haiti, 3 times to Nigeria and twice to Ghana. He tells some very sad stories about those places. I know he cares deeply for the people he meets.

He has never built a church in those places, he works with the pastors already there. He never asks them for donations, he takes donations of money and food and clothing to them. Some maybe abuse this, because they get things for free, but overall, there are a lot of good people out there who do need help.

I donate to OxFam and Charity Water, to me, that's as good. But for any terrorist group just to kidnap girls to sell them, then the country turn down help from others, that's a sad thing. This reminds me of Raid on Entebbe. Send the Israelis and US Special Forces, they'll get the girls.

But another thing to remember, in that incident, the Israeli government was not telling their plans for Operation Thunderbolt while they were planning it, the government just kept making Amin think they were really negotiating. Maybe that's what the government is doing now?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Well, when you put it that way, I don't know which side sounds worse...
Though it is quite cruel to pry on the weak in that way, and then indoctrinate them through false friendship.

a reply to: Destinyone

Wow, you have strong feelings for this I suspect. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting they should all die. Surely if they were indoctrinated into committing such acts, they can be brought back to rational thought??

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: MessageforAll

Well, when you put it that way, I don't know which side sounds worse...
Though it is quite cruel to pry on the weak in that way, and then indoctrinate them through false friendship.

Wow, you have strong feelings for this I suspect. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting they should all die. Surely if they were indoctrinated into committing such acts, they can be brought back to rational thought??

Results at rehabilitation to date, have been poor. I'm not saying kill them all, it's their choice of they choose to die. Big difference.

Can Jihadis Be Rehabilitated?
Radical Islam

As U.S. policymakers become increasingly uneasy about the fate of the remaining detainees currently held at Guantánamo Bay, greater attention is being paid to so-called jihadist rehabilitation programs that have been established abroad. Numerous governments, including Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Singapore, Canada, and Britain, have established programs that seek either to rehabilitate Islamist terrorists or to prevent further radicalization of jihadist sympathizers. Different states tailor their programs to the mores, laws, and needs of their societies. Muslim-majority countries concentrate on radicals who have either crossed the line into actual terrorist activities or who are active members in Islamist organizations deemed to be a threat to the state. Western initiatives focus instead on individuals who may seek camaraderie with extremist groups online or at local mosques; their programs seek to forestall further radicalization. While there is a clear divergence in approach, both must answer the same question: Have their efforts been successful or have they merely released detainees into their respective societies who feign detoxification but whose commitment to jihad has merely gone underground? The wrong answer to this question poses a serious threat to global, as well as local security.

www.meforum.org...

These goon die hard fanatics who've kidnapped these young girls, will not hand them over to reasoning nor compassion. What do you suggest.

Des

edit on 12-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I would not put much chance in changing their killing ways. Infringing others rights is just their way reaching their goal. The human race needs to decide if we rise above this, which I thought we had. Seems we really haven't.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Ummm, ok?

I am going to need a little bit of an explanation as to what that rant has to do with anything.

I dont care what religion the girls are. 300 kidnapped girls in danger of being sold into slavery is a bad thing, a very bad thing, and not just a distraction.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

What says ATS?

Well, what I say is this is just a distraction tool to distract people away from the importance of the Russia war problem.

Cheers

It is disgusting and I won't disagree with you on that!

However, why didn't we hear about the Christian girls being murdered in Syria by the American armed Freedom fighters??

Horrible acts are just that! Horrible acts! My issue is how they are spoon fed to us thru the MSM. It's disingenuous to find one horrible and the other acceptable!
I agree 100%.

That doesnt change my position one bit, though. 300 kidnapped girls is not 'just a distraction' as someone put it.

In fact, Id argue that a great many things are 'distractions' from the HELL that many kids live in around the world. I dont care if they are kidnapped by boko haram or killed by obamas drones.

KIDS DONT DESERVE THIS. There is very little that is more important than the children of the world.
edit on 12-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Ummm, ok?

I am going to need a little bit of an explanation as to what that rant has to do with anything.

I dont care what religion the girls are. 300 kidnapped girls in danger of being sold into slavery is a bad thing, a very bad thing, and not just a distraction.

It doesn't matter to you, but if these were 300 Muslim girls, would our government be so lax then?

300 girls is 300 innocent victims. Just like the 270 girls killed in the school fire because they weren't covered. Not even 300 girls can shake our president up enough to do more. Suppose they were 300 Kenyan girls, would the game change then?

It does depend on who they are, after all Copts are in danger every day, but does our government address that? No, we are told that we have make deals with the Muslim Brotherhood.

It is a bad thing, and not a distraction, but really, why is there not more of an outrage over this happening to girls? I am not seeing outrage from the general public, so it makes me question where the priorities are.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Im still missing what it is that you are directing to me here.

Are you implying that obama would help them if they were muslim? How does that fit in with the hundreds of mulsim kids he's killed with drones? Do you think I am going to defend Obama? Or is this just another case of "christians are treated soooo poorly"

The fact of the matter is, I believe there should be MUCH more outrage over this. I am disgusted at how much it has been swept under the rug.

And the worst part about it? It is but a blip on the radar. This happens all the time. Conscription, causalties of war, kidnapping, slavery, sex trade....the kids of the world are under attack.

And NO ONE FREAKING CARES.

All you get is morons saying "its a distraction".

I weep for the future of this planet.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Well we've tried the fight fire with fire routine and realized that gets us nowhere.

We have to be radical with our own thinking and try something new. I don't know personally, I can't start to pretend I know how to resolve this situation, but where there's a will there's a way.

They're not black hearted monsters, they're just confused.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What says ATS?

Cheers

It is disgusting and I won't disagree with you on that!

However, why didn't we hear about the Christian girls being murdered in Syria by the American armed Freedom fighters??

Horrible acts are just that! Horrible acts! My issue is how they are spoon fed to us thru the MSM. It's disingenuous to find one horrible and the other acceptable!
I agree 100%.

That doesnt change my position one bit, though. 300 kidnapped girls is not 'just a distraction' as someone put it.

In fact, Id argue that a great many things are 'distractions' from the HELL that many kids live in around the world. I dont care if they are kidnapped by boko haram or killed by obamas drones.

KIDS DONT DESERVE THIS. There is very little that is more important than the children of the world.

So then you and I can agree that no matter how perverted and wrong this situation is that it is politically motivated???

As much as I know you hate it being called a distraction, if you look at the atrocities of the past and nothing was said in the MSM about it, the timing of this issue is what I question?

Do some research on DynCorp and the child prostitution they were involved in! Guess what? When someone came forward with the evidence the US government covered it up!

This is nothing new! It is a horrible fact and way of life that our governments cover up until it can be used as a political ploy to advance their sick agenda.

Again, I hate these scumbags for what they are doing to children! I am just addressing the hypocrisy. If I was healthy enough and the government wanted to gear me up to kill some radical Islamists to save these girls I would gladly volunteer! But first, I would ask them, "WHY NOW?"!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So then you and I can agree that no matter how perverted and wrong this situation is that it is politically motivated???
Well, considering the kidnappers are a 'political' (i use the term loosely) organization, theres really no other way to see it.

As much as I know you hate it being called a distraction, if you look at the atrocities of the past and nothing was said in the MSM about it, the timing of this issue is what I question?
Thats what I am saying, though. This is nothing new. That doesnt make it not worthy of attention.

Do some research on DynCorp and the child prostitution they were involved in!
Ive studied DynCorp for a long time. I know plenty about them, as well as Evergreen, and many other corporations involved in human trafficking.

Guess what? When someone came forward with the evidence the US government covered it up!
Which, again, is my point. A great many things are used as distractions from the attack on the children in the world that has been going on for a long time.

This is nothing new! It is a horrible fact and way of life that our governments cover up until it can be used as a political ploy to advance their sick agenda.
What agenda is that?

Again, I hate these scumbags for what they are doing to children! I am just addressing the hypocrisy. If I was healthy enough and the government wanted to gear me up to kill some radical Islamists to save these girls I would gladly volunteer! But first, I would ask them, "WHY NOW?"!
The thing is, though, that this was not news for quite a while after it happened. It was only after some celebrities took up a campaign to draw attention to it that it actually got a place in the media cycle.

From what I have seen, they didnt want this getting attention, but it did anyway.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

From what I have seen, they didnt want this getting attention, but it did anyway

Of course they didn't!

Why? Because Hillary Clinton refused to designate them as a "terrorist organization"!

Our government knew a long time ago about the atrocities these scumbags have been responsible for and did NOTHING!

Why now?

I think you above quote I replied to explains it quite clearly. They had too!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

From what I have seen, they didnt want this getting attention, but it did anyway

Of course they didn't!

Why? Because Hillary Clinton refused to designate them as a "terrorist organization"!

Our government knew a long time ago about the atrocities these scumbags have been responsible for and did NOTHING!

Why now?

Again, I agree. I still dont see how that makes it not worthy of our attention.

As I said, this happens all the time. And no one cares.

We are being distracted from whats happening to our kids. Not the other way around.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Of course they didn't!

Why now?

Again, I agree. I still dont see how that makes it not worthy of our attention.

As I said, this happens all the time. And no one cares.

We are being distracted from whats happening to our kids. Not the other way around.

I won't take away from the topic about how we are being distracted from our kids! That's a given!

I would give my life to save a child from a pervert any day!

All I am asking you to take a look at is the timing!!

I don't think anyone on this thread doesn't care about the lives of 300 innocent children, I really don't! All I am trying to say is that "never let a tragedy go to waste".

Actions speak louder than words, and if your aware of DynCorp and you know how our government covered that up, then you damn well know this is being used as either a distraction or something else.

The US government doesn't find religion over night.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think really we are arguing semantics at this point.

I dont disagree that the timing needs some more investigation.

My issue is simply the use of the term 'distraction'. It diminishes the importance of these events.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I think really we are arguing semantics at this point.

I dont disagree that the timing needs some more investigation.

My issue is simply the use of the term 'distraction'. It diminishes the importance of these events.

You obviously didn't hear anything I said!

I never said it wasn't important!

I think any child anywhere in the world being harmed is an atrocity. I am talking about hypocrisy and using a situation for political gain.

I'm sorry you can't see that, or you just choose not too.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Im still missing what it is that you are directing to me here.

Are you implying that obama would help them if they were muslim? How does that fit in with the hundreds of mulsim kids he's killed with drones? Do you think I am going to defend Obama? Or is this just another case of "christians are treated soooo poorly"

The fact of the matter is, I believe there should be MUCH more outrage over this. I am disgusted at how much it has been swept under the rug.

And the worst part about it? It is but a blip on the radar. This happens all the time. Conscription, causalties of war, kidnapping, slavery, sex trade....the kids of the world are under attack.

And NO ONE FREAKING CARES.

All you get is morons saying "its a distraction".

I weep for the future of this planet.

Yes, I am saying that exactly, there would be more outrage if they were Muslim girls. Especially that they come from a region so torn by sectarian violence and that the parents who are begging and pleading for help from their government gets no response.

But let any other organization non-Muslim take 300 Muslim girls, they would be burning down cities all over the world. You know this also. It is somehow ok for Muslims to let 270 Muslim girls die in a fire, the rest of the world doesn't care...but let's say Buddhists from China or Hindus in India took Muslim girls, there would be more rampages like at Mumbai.

Girls are only important if they give birth to Muslim babies. Why isn't the rest of the Muslim population making a deal of this? Because they are girls, and Christian ones at that.

What if it were 300 Jewish girls? 300 Palestinian girls? Would it make a difference? Absolutely. And then I see a picture of Michelle Obama holding a sign that says #Bringbackthegirls...she needs to get her husband off his duff instead of tweeting pics.

She's the First Lady, she can be like Eleanor Roosevelt and take a trip there and do something, but she isn't. That's what gets me, the lax attitude and that tweeting pictures is going to bring them back. No, a full scale rescue is what is needed.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How about we crush you and snuff out your family's until you give us the women by snuff I mean take captive
edit on 12-5-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

"Boko-Haram: We'll Exchange Nigerian Girls for Prisoners"

Kidnapping little girls, tut, tut!

Our reply should read, "Sorry were only willing to part with some Bitcoin for prisoners, those lovely S.A.S boys will happily provide you with such shortly after putting a bullet through your skull. P.S there on the way and will be with you presently, have a nice day!".

One can only hope!

edit on 12-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
How about we crush you and snuff out your family's until you give us the women by snuff I mean take captive

Kidnapping their children is not the answer.

How about we just send Special Forces and IDL in to take care of the job, and by that I mean crush the men who did this.

And here is another idea, American men, if you think it's ok to go to another country to have sex with a child, you should be shot in the head. Simple, easy, effective. I'm an American Woman and you think that I will stand by and turn my head that you do this as an American? I'm not that kind of American Woman.

You got caught in their country, face their punishment and don't cry to the rest of us Americans to pay your bail or legal fees, you get caught sobeit.

If one American man goes to Nigeria and buys one of the girls for sex, then God help you. I am so tired of American men believing they are above the law and go to other countries to do this, so they think they won't get caught. It's bad enough you do it here, but our laws say you get maybe 15 years in jail and then time off for good behavior.

When it comes to who we must protect first, the innocent victims or the perpetrators, I say the victims first. This has gone on too long in this country where women marry child molesters or move boyfriends who are child molesters into their homes and put their children in danger because "Oh, I love him so". What a bunch of crock. Your first duty is to your children and you move a scumbag in, because you felt sorry for him?

American Man, this American Woman is tired of you thinking that you are above the law and you can do whatever you want. And American Women, shame on you if you cover up what he is doing and lying to people and protecting his sorry rear end. Get yourself and your children out of there and call the police.

The next time I hear that a child was raped by the boyfriend of the mother who moved the guy in, KNOWING he would do this, she should be slapped in the face.

And that's from THIS American Woman, tired of the bull that goes on in my country where sexual predators can get by with years of abuse and then serve short times in prison. We know you don't rehabilitate in prison. So just castrate you and get it over with. That is the only way we know you won't do it again.

American Men who are not sexual predators or rapists, stand up against those who are. Stop slapping your buddies on the back for scoring with that 17 year-old girl. "Oh, but she looked 20" yeah, ok.

Anyway, that's my rant. I am ticked off about American Men who get by with this crap and then go to other countries to violate their children.
edit on 5/12/2014 by WarminIndy because: so ticked off, I missed a word.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join