It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you brave enough to try this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
a reply to: Havox

OK, the other vids were all bad enough for me. But, the Transmission Tower Climb was insane! Yes Insane! I said it, insane.

If I had that job, it would be dark the next day by the time I got up there. I would also have to have 3 harnesses and 4 safety lines attached every couple of feet I moved and I probably still couldn't do it. lol.

That last part where it looked like rusted bolts attached to a pipe he was climbing on was ridiculous. I guess they had to replace the bulbs in the strobe at the top. I wonder how much they make? It would have to be a lot. I wouldn't think there would be many people in the population that would do that.

and a helicopter to take you down.

but the whirling blades would kill everyone.

they make a lot of money. 10.10 an hr! a living wage!

aliens couldn't get me that high. lol!

i don't care what they stuck up my probe, i would take a couple of them punkinheads with me.

pry your friend from my cold dead arms.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

they make a lot of money. 10.10 an hr! a living wage!

This can't be right. And if it is,

I object!

I have to look in to this.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

That's nothing. I get better thrills out at 6 flags.

Better yet, try skiing off the side of a cliff...and record it in first person to.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
yeah, some people can do that and love it.

me. not so much.

i did a 35mtr jump. my 5th time on skis, twice. i was still at a height i could survive a crash, lol!!

couldn't hang. that was 30+yrs ago.

crash and burned.
i was a squid.

i'm more of a green runner, taking in the sights and sipping some Yukon and having a smoke, on the way down.
helping newbies, and such. like mt. fuji in 2011.

my girlfriends would take off on 3-pins on a diamond run, meh. they were fast tho.

see ya when i get there.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

So did they put the kids on it first to check it works  

When i was young and had more to lose i woulda jumped on this. Now i'm considerably older and have less to lose i'm going nowhere near it. The irony!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

No I am definitely not brave enough. The Arch was bad enough for me, and the only reason I did that was for my kids. I would not have been much of a mother had I not taken my kids to see the gateway arch...

Now that I did my job... I'm quite done with cultural experiences that involve heights.

edit on 12-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Not for me, I put in my time hanging down to put the first rows of shingles on houses enough already. Gazing over the edge upside down. Maybe my experience is only twenty five feet off the ground but when your above the height that you can survive a fall, it doesn't matter.

bah....my last job used to constantly have me working at heights greater than 25 feet....i fell once...broke my arm. it sucked.

as soon as i was healed, i was back up there. heights are cool...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No thanks. No use in provoking future nightmares or something ...
I'll keep my feet on the ground, thank you very much.

(I used to skydive many decades ago .... but as I get older, I get more settled ... )

link   
Yes, I've jumped out of a perfectly good airplane..so I'd do it no problem.

link   
a reply to: cuckooold

bloody hell. now i wanna go to Australia...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

no. frak that...that thing can go to hell.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Havox

wow..if i were about 50-60 pounds lighter, i'd TOTALLY do that for a living....friggin' SWEET!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I did the rides atop the Stratosphere in Vegas,

so I know I can be brave when I'm strapped in and my movement is restricted. So the inclined view atop the John Hancock Tower should be no challenge for me. I'm not so sure about the horseshoe platform at the Grand Canyon, though. I see my self freezing up unable to move at the furthest edge out. I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PinealJockey

I went up and down on that suicide yo-yo. No way i'd go roller coaster underneath, though!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I actually spent an hour looking thru ads, for tower hands
and they would only promise competitive wages with tons
of insurance and bennies. So I'm still skeptical at 10.10 an hour
but that could very well be where they start out an apprentice.

I dunno.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I used to love heights, Climbing like a monkey in the trusses or shingling a roof. The view from up there is great. I spent a lot of time working on ladders, much more impressive to me than doing the estimating and billing part of my work. It must be because when I was a kid i spent much of my time in the top branches of a maple tree in the back yard. I would sit up there and sway in the wind thirty five feet up in the air. Oh the great memories I have of those days as a squirrel. Now I am a mouse, mice don't climb trees much.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The sky walk is nothing. I was leaning all over the edge of that thing. My wife stopped me when I wanted to jump to see how hard the glass was (just kiddding on that last one).

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you have binoculars, you might be able to see a 187 in progress. There's a story to tell your friends about your Chicago vacation.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh heck yeah! I was actually disappointed it only goes 30 degrees. Can I pay extra for 90? or at least like I dunno, 75 or 80 degrees?

I'm still angry I didn't get to go on the roller coaster atop the Stratosphere during my time in vegas.

Thanks for sharing bud!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My favorite part of house painting was being on the roof especially in a scenic area. Anywhere from new condos being built in Seattle with a view of the space needle to when I painted the house belonging to the creators of Wired energy drinks way out in a place called Eagle Glen I think? Surrounded by nature.

You can see everything being up higher. what's not to like about it?

Gotta see that grand canyon skywalk one of these days! Though I know the grand canyon itself will be more impressive, the skywalk would be good for a few kicks as well.

like Jim Morrison said...or at least Val Kilmer in the movie The Doors said... "Gotta get your kicks in before the whole sh## house goes up in flames!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join