It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you brave enough to try this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

We ride in cars at 110mph along roads with other metal boxes hurting toward us and we think this is scary?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

I can take you to a place not far from my home where you can sit on an edge with your legs dangling over a near 3000 foot drop, it even curves in under you so you can't see the rock face below... Amazing view. Not far away there is a place in the sandstone and rock where water has eroded down into the rock, if you follow it in you will find yourself in a small cave. Ahead a hole where the water broke through the rock... To look through the hole you have to lean forward with hands and feet holding you at either side... Same cliff, now you are looking down 3000 feet... But then that sinking feeling and moment of realization that if a hand or foot slips free, you will fall through the hole.... Then of course, now you need to figure out how to back away from that hole without falling....

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
heck NO!

i've been up in the macau tower and they have a glass floor on the observation deck.

my FIL and i wouldn't even walk on it.

heck, i'm not good on a 6' ladder.

base and bungee jumping is insane, as well as skydiving. IMO of course.

i've watched these people jump from the ground at the tower.

edit on 3107475731pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I enjoy heights. I worked for several years as an iron worker. The view is nice and you don't have to deal with being bird-dogged by supervisors.

As a sheetmetal worker, I work along side ironworkers. Litterally the craziest bunch ofguys out there.

With that being said, I used to have a fear of heights. But i'm betternow.

I. might try the leaning thing someday.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No thanks. I don't mind being up high, it's looking straight down or going back down that scares me.
I'll just leave this here as well :

edit on 11-5-2014 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: sparky31

I can take you to a place not far from my home where you can sit on an edge with your legs dangling over a near 3000 foot drop, it even curves in under you so you can't see the rock face below... Amazing view. Not far away there is a place in the sandstone and rock where water has eroded down into the rock, if you follow it in you will find yourself in a small cave. Ahead a hole where the water broke through the rock... To look through the hole you have to lean forward with hands and feet holding you at either side... Same cliff, now you are looking down 3000 feet... But then that sinking feeling and moment of realization that if a hand or foot slips free, you will fall through the hole.... Then of course, now you need to figure out how to back away from that hole without falling....

eh no thanks,my arse on my sofa is the only place i want my legs dangling

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Howdy, Schuyler...I'm pretty sure you're the guy I participated with in the roundtable discussion a few years back on the Paracast. I appreciate your thoughtful and intelligent replies.
Now...back to the subject of this thread...
When I was a kid, we had had what we called 'The Monkey Club.'
The guy, there were no girls, who could climb the highest tree was King Monkey.
It was a stiff competition. I was King Monkey for a while, but I was dethroned after taking about a 30 ft drop from a pine tree. Little Jimmy beat me. I dropped out of the competition.
edit on 11-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: innagaddadaveeda

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
imagine if some 400lb overweight person got on it next you...would you then back out? lol

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Mr. Bunny, sir...

i'd hit it....looks like fun.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with no. No being my only and final answer.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What a rush!I do miss working in the NYC high rises sometimes.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

My main problem with this is HOW on earth did this guy get a job presenting anything? HE could barely string a sentence together.
WTF!!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Not for me, I put in my time hanging down to put the first rows of shingles on houses enough already. Gazing over the edge upside down. Maybe my experience is only twenty five feet off the ground but when your above the height that you can survive a fall, it doesn't matter.
edit on 11-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I have never thought of it that way. You Sir (or madam) have an excellent point. Now I don't feel as cowardly. It makes my stomach want to heave just looking at it.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

After looking around a bit, I think I found a partial answer on the height vs. outcome question. It's higher than I would have thought.

THE Chinese national who plunged from a 12th-storey flat and landed in a pool could be the first person here to survive a fall from such a height and walk away with only bruises.

Adjunct Assistant Professor Appasamy Vijayan, who has done a study on victims of high-impact falls, said those who fall from heights greater than 20m have only a 40 per cent chance of survival.
Source

edit on 11-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Amazing that things like that can be built, yet my old apartment building had to fill in our pool due to insurance concerns.

It reminded me of the time my ex-boyfriend and I went to the observation deck at the World Trade Center. They had it so you'd step down into a lower area and then basically sit on the edge of the floor, so you could be up close to the window without having to stand. My bf tripped on the steps and fell into the window. Of course it was massively reinforced but you could imagine the shock I had for a second there, picturing him smashing the glass and hurtling down.

Now it's all gone, and so is the boyfriend. RIP.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Havox

OK, the other vids were all bad enough for me. But, the Transmission Tower Climb was insane! Yes Insane! I said it, insane.

If I had that job, it would be dark the next day by the time I got up there. I would also have to have 3 harnesses and 4 safety lines attached every couple of feet I moved and I probably still couldn't do it. lol.

That last part where it looked like rusted bolts attached to a pipe he was climbing on was ridiculous. I guess they had to replace the bulbs in the strobe at the top. I wonder how much they make? It would have to be a lot. I wouldn't think there would be many people in the population that would do that.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Videos about the trek to this tea house went viral a few months ago. World's Most Dangerous Hike Apparently people fall to their deaths quite regularly but the government hushes it up. Keep in mind that there is only one route so while you're hiking up on this treacherous course, others are hiking down, so you have to keep backing up. I can't even imagine what possesses a person to do this.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
We have something similar in Melbourne on our tallest building, the Eureka Tower, except it's a glass cube that extends out of the building for about 3 metres.

From about 1 minute in it can be seen.

edit on 12-5-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

A friend of mine rode this at the Stratosphere.

And peed himself.

But I would do that. I'm an ironworker tho.

a reply to: Havox

Holy crap hombre! I said I was an ironworker, but your
vid gave me the woolies.

I'm imprtessed. It's not so bad once you're hooked up
but that is one wicked ass climb.
edit on Ram51214v31201400000019 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join